PDA

View Full Version : what makes desmond so special in the AC universe

Radman500
06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
i mean... yeah teh assassins order took a major hit during the great purge.... but im sure there are still many assassins still around in 2012.... what is so special about desmond that only he can save the world from the solar flare.... why can';t any other assassin in the same present day era...be able to do it

Assassin_M
06-27-2012, 06:53 PM
He has rare amounts of those who came before Genes

OriginalMiles
06-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Because only Desmond can find out how to activate them, due to his ancestors, if it wasn't for him reliving Ezio, they wouldn't know about the flare, or what the temples are, and he's the only one who can properly wield the apple, due to his TWCB genes.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-27-2012, 10:15 PM
His 'special' status may be heavily downgraded depending on how the "memory farming" (for DDS) process works. Good. The fact he has high TWCB genes concentration and is a descendant of all those super-important assassins is already Mary Sue-ish enough.

Calvarok
06-28-2012, 02:02 AM
Bill Miles made it clear that Desmond is not the "Chosen One" or anything. He's just one of the few people with three ancestors who have secrets that the Templars and Assassins need, and one of about a thousand people who can wield the apple and other TWCB technology. In the game he may end up saving the day, but that's because he's the main character, not because that's the assassin's plan for him at this point.

EDIT: he also has the skills and abilities of two of the greatest Assassins of all time, soon to be three.

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:31 AM
his dna makes me special.

my ****s make me special.

rileypoole1234
06-28-2012, 05:34 AM
As Calvorak said, it's not only his genes, but his ancestors did all the important things so far really, and if it wasn't for Desmond we wouldn't see any of it. Nobody would.

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:34 AM
Desmond is my father.

HelterSeltzer
06-28-2012, 09:20 AM
He's special like ice cream is to sundaes

ignition11
06-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Because... he's the entire story really, I mean, he's the main character... your question is the equivalent of asking: "Why is Drake so important in Uncharted?" or "Why is John Marston so important in Red Dead Redemption?"... and the answer is, without them, there would be no story...

RatonhnhakeFan
06-28-2012, 05:00 PM
As Calvorak said, it's not only his genes, but his ancestors did all the important things so far really, and if it wasn't for Desmond we wouldn't see any of it. Nobody would.
Desmond's parents have memories of Ezio and Altair. So do Desmond's grandparents/cousins. The only thing we wouldn't see so far would be Juno in 2012