PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Theory (but hear me out)

luigibros_9
06-26-2012, 09:38 PM
I just saw a post on Conor not having the infamous 'lip scar', and before you kick off I know it doesn't run through Desmonds DNA as Ezio only got his through Vieri and so on, but it does seem a tad weird how both Altair, Ezio and Desmond have this thing in common, yet Conor doesn't.

So WHAT IF! And i stress the word IF, Conor is not an ancestor of Desmond................. But of Rebecca!

Now I don't want to get into a whole 'WHY BECAUSE THEY'RE THE SAME COLOUR' argument but you do have to agree that they are. We all know Rebecca admitted going into the Animus and her ancestors were Prussian front liners but what if Ubisoft did a little twist somehwere?

I'd like for someone to prove me wrong or just maybe agree with me, i'm very interested on hearing your thoughts!

xXMrGR1NCHXx
06-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Nice idea, but it doesn't work. Assassin's Creed 3 is Desmond's final game, Ubisoft wouldn't switch who is in the animus.

Turul.
06-26-2012, 11:06 PM
pretty sure he actually does have a scar

ignition11
06-26-2012, 11:06 PM
no...just, no... its desmonds seiries so far... they wouldn't change it... and btw honestly, not ALL of ancestors have to have that same scar... maybe it skips a generation... just cause connor dosnt have it, means nothing

rileypoole1234
06-26-2012, 11:13 PM
I just don't get why they would do that. It doesn't make any sense.

naran6142
06-26-2012, 11:48 PM
That actually an interesting idea, but I dont see why ubi would do that

tho i guess its possible

Serrachio
06-27-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm glad to see that the scar isn't there any more.

It was a pointless feature anyway.

LightRey
06-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Scars aren't a genetic trait (at least, not scars like that). -__-

Jexx21
06-27-2012, 12:54 AM
I actually believe what the book said, and that Ezio's scar is actually on his forehead, and the Animus was just projecting more of Desmond onto Ezio.

Altair was all Desmond in AC1 besides the outfit, dunno about ACR. But it could be possible that the Animus 2.03 (or whatever it was in ACR) only used the genetic makeup of Ezio and Altair to show what their bodies would look like if they aged naturally, and they just imprinted Desmond's 'unnatural' body features on them (I.E. his scar).

If the Animus 3.0 uses TWCB tech, then it probably perfected the ability to completely look like the ancestor.

naran6142
06-27-2012, 01:00 AM
I actually believe what the book said, and that Ezio's scar is actually on his forehead, and the Animus was just projecting more of Desmond onto Ezio.

Altair was all Desmond in AC1 besides the outfit, dunno about ACR. But it could be possible that the Animus 2.03 (or whatever it was in ACR) only used the genetic makeup of Ezio and Altair to show what their bodies would look like if they aged naturally, and they just imprinted Desmond's 'unnatural' body features on them (I.E. his scar).

If the Animus 3.0 uses TWCB tech, then it probably perfected the ability to completely look like the ancestor.

i think some head ubi guy said that anything in the game trumps the books tho the books are still cannon...

Jexx21
06-27-2012, 01:02 AM
nah, that's what most people say about the books, since they are just rewrites of the games.

I believe that the Animus itself can also be unreliable, so I'll choose to believe that Ezio's scar is actually on his forehead, and he has it on his lip in the game because of Desmond. If the books are canonically just some guy in the universe writing a book about Ezio, I see no reason to lie about where Ezio's scar is.

Calvarok
06-27-2012, 04:26 AM
So your theory is that ubisoft is lying about the basic premise of the game?

POP1Fan
06-27-2012, 02:35 PM
nah, that's what most people say about the books, since they are just rewrites of the games.

I believe that the Animus itself can also be unreliable, so I'll choose to believe that Ezio's scar is actually on his forehead, and he has it on his lip in the game because of Desmond. If the books are canonically just some guy in the universe writing a book about Ezio, I see no reason to lie about where Ezio's scar is.

I don't think that's true because in Revelations the Animus gives the actual appearence of the ancestor, and Ezio still has the scar on the lip.

Felix-Vivo
06-27-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't think that's true because in Revelations the Animus gives the actual appearence of the ancestor, and Ezio still has the scar on the lip.

Yeah, and Altair's memories in AC:R are not directly relived through the Animus but through those disk things.... so surely, Altair's scar still being on his lip means it is there?

Dtanobo
06-27-2012, 03:34 PM

Am I the only one who remembers that ezio got the scar because pazzi threw the rock at his face in the beginning of AC2? No one here remembers that?

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Am I the only one who remembers that ezio got the scar because pazzi threw the rock at his face in the beginning of AC2? No one here remembers that?

That's what I was referencing. In the book he got hit on the forehead.