PDA

View Full Version : Why is Engine Torque so elusive in flight sims?

VF-3Thunderboy
04-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Is it even remotely POSSIBLE that this new flight sim will try to duplicate Torque factors as Gyro and P factors.This is crucial for realistic flight simulation, and I know MS has left it out of the most resent releases. Im not sure about FB. I think MS CFS1 had it, but they gave up on it for some reason? Basicly, an airplane should ROLL FASTER to the rotation side with the propeller, and slower when you roll against it. Any hope of some REAL torque, or will that be up to MS to at least put it in the Code?

VF-3Thunderboy
04-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Is it even remotely POSSIBLE that this new flight sim will try to duplicate Torque factors as Gyro and P factors.This is crucial for realistic flight simulation, and I know MS has left it out of the most resent releases. Im not sure about FB. I think MS CFS1 had it, but they gave up on it for some reason? Basicly, an airplane should ROLL FASTER to the rotation side with the propeller, and slower when you roll against it. Any hope of some REAL torque, or will that be up to MS to at least put it in the Code?

mike_espo
04-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Its modelled in FB/AEP, but not to the degree it should be. I think Oleg said something regarding the sims engine....

"Fatte vede che ridemo!"http://www.flying-tigers.net/caccia%20WW%20II/g50.jpg