PDA

View Full Version : A Theory

Hassassiyin
06-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Ezio met and protected Christoper Columbus (AC2: Discovery) before he discovered the new world.
Amerigo Vespucci was Cristina Vespucci's cousin (Ezio's girlfriend from AC2).

AC Wiki says:

Amerigo became an explorer because of Cristina, who insisted Lorenzo de' Medici make Amerigo an explorer. Lorenzo took her advice and several years later, Amerigo was the first to map out the New World which was later named after him.

I was thinking, if Connor found some kind of codex or outfit (no armor please) or something else Ezio related, this could be the way to justify it storywise.

After Assassins Creed 3 was announced I read an interview somewhere in which they said that after Connors village was burned the elder of his tribe told him to join the assassins. It also said that the Assassins have been there since the discovery of the new world, America.

Cant find the source so it could also be from one of those magazines, but thats definitely what I read because I remember how it made me think: "I bet Ezio was responsible for that". Remember how he collected all the codex pages, did some stuff with the apple and it showed him the map of the world.

Ezio: It... It is a map of the entire world... But... there are lands shown here that do not exist...
Machiavelli: Apparently they do exist. I imagine they've yet to be discovered. Or rediscovered...
Ezio: How is this possible?

So days after reading that I saw another interview in which they said that after Connors village was burned, the elders of his tribe told him to seek an ANCIENT and mysterious order that helps him to take his revenge.
one of the first sources I could find through Google:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/5725/article/new-assassin-s-creed-iii-details-reveal-new-weapon-gameplay-changes-and-more/

And a few days after that they said that after Connor saw his village destroyed when he was very young and becomes frustrated with his tribe's passive attitude, he decided to join the assassins.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/18676-assassins-creed-iii-screens-show-more-new-world-connor-and-gameplay-details-discussed/

Did those sites and magazines give us wrong info? or were the writers not done with the story yet?

People will probably say "UHUHUH WERE DONE WITH EZIO, HES HAD 3 GAMES ALREADY", Yes you people are probably fed up with Ezio, I personally would've liked to see more of him if they didnt turn him grey in AC:R. Honestly, Ezio has been my favourite video game character EVER, And I wouldnt mind 3 more games of him after brotherhood and revelations being his finale. But that's not the reason why I would like to see him return in some form.

Ezio was an important character, He was a Grand Master, He rebuild the brotherhood in Italy, Turkey and from there it might've spread throughout Europe and Asia.
People from freakin China traveled across the globe to meet this guy.
Ezio knew about the undiscovered land (America) and knew that the fight between Assassins and Templars would span more lifetimes than just his own. I'm not saying they should bring him back, I want to see his legacy and the influence he had as a mentor on the north american Assassins Creed, the same role Altair had in AC2.

An Ezio skin would be nice ,though

Moultonborough
06-25-2012, 05:43 AM
Ezio will be back. Though only in Desmond's montage at the start of the game. As Connor has(probably) something to do with the Grand Temple I think he will become Mentor as well. Desmond's ancestors are far from just average Assassins. Though as you pointed out his Tribe told him to find the Assassin's which doesn't make too much sense if they did nothing to retaliate after the attack. Why make Connor find and join them if they did not want to do anything? And how did they know of the Assassin's in the first place? The info you talked about was mostly found in the GI article. http://www.gameinformer.com/p/ac3.aspx

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 06:23 AM
Yeah, I agree, I want to see Ezio in AC3 in the same element we saw Altair in AC2 and ACR. Maybe we could explore Assassin tombs or something like that to unlock a legacy Ezio left behind to an Assassins, or in other words, Connor. Or perhaps we could relive little events of Ezio's life through artifacts that weren't shown in the previous ACs, like Ezio's last years after returning to Florence with Sophia. Just some ideas.

WolfTemplar94
06-25-2012, 08:38 AM
It would be interesting to get an idea of what Ezio was like in his last days, I really like this idea. Plus, it would add to the inter-connection between protagonists.

playassassins1
06-25-2012, 08:50 AM
It would be interesting to get an idea of what Ezio was like in his last days, I really like this idea. Plus, it would add to the inter-connection between protagonists.

Well, there is already a movie about Ezio's last days. It shows his life after being an Assassins, you also see how he dies.

Its called Assassin's Creed Embers.

Hassassiyin
06-26-2012, 08:24 AM
AC:R and EMBERS SPOILERS!!!

What I really hope to see in a cutscene is what happens after the apple shows Desmond to Ezio and he says "listen".

I was let down by AC Embers, I expected more.

But the box he gives to Shao Jun, I think the Masyaf Keys are in there with some memories of Ezio recorded in there.
When he gives it to her, he tells her that it could help her someday and to only open it when she loses direction.
I think that without the box, Shao jun had no purpose in the AC Embers movie... it could be a codex or THE codex but there must be something in there.

I don't think we'll see the contents of that box in AC3.. A developer did say that the lead script writer wanted to do an Assassins Creed set in India.. Who knows

De Filosoof
06-26-2012, 11:01 AM
So days after reading that I saw another interview in which they said that after Connors village was burned, the elders of his tribe told him to seek an ANCIENT and mysterious order that helps him to take his revenge.
one of the first sources I could find through Google:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/5725/article/new-assassin-s-creed-iii-details-reveal-new-weapon-gameplay-changes-and-more/

Nice! I didn't know that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcr9pDWNnXI

This supports my theory that Minerva is talking about this ancient and mysterious order at 4:50.
I think we will visit temples instead of tombs in AC3 to learn more about the mayans.
I think the mayan temple DLC is just one of the many temples we will visit.
It would be a missed opportunity to only put 1 mayan temple in the game.