PDA

View Full Version : Questions about AC series DLC/pre-order bonuses etc availability after launch

RatonhnhakeFan
06-24-2012, 11:25 PM
All my AC games are GOTY editions (AC2 GOTY, ACR Da Vinci, ACB Ottoman which also includes AC1) so I have all DLC and didn't have to bother thinking about availability of DLC/pe-order bonus items, how much it will cost me and whether I will be able to get all items at all.

But with AC3, I wanna buy day 1. How does it work? Do ALL pre-order bonus items get released later on eventually? Even the "exclusive" ones? Are they very expensive? What about exclusive levels/missions?

I play on PS3 btw

Acrimonious_Nin
06-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Yes they come out later. They are 10 dollars here in the US. Exclusives are usually around 6 - 10 dollars as well. you will be spending close to 50 dollars on all the extra content from AC2 - AC:R not including AC3 :D

RatonhnhakeFan
06-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Yes they come out later. They are 10 dollars here in the US. Exclusives are usually around 6 - 10 dollars as well. you will be spending close to 50 dollars on all the extra content from AC2 - AC:R not including AC3 :D
I already have everything for AC2, ACR and ACB because I bought GOTY editions :p But since I wanna buy AC3 on day 1 (standard version, not any overpriced Freedom Editions), I wonder how much it will cost me to buy the missing content. And if the missing content will be available to me at all, or will I have to buy GOTY version of AC3 few months later

Captain Tomatoz
06-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Usually when the first single player DLC comes out for the game it included ALL the exclusives preorder bonuses in the game so you won't be missing out. :)

RatonhnhakeFan
06-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Usually when the first single player DLC comes out for the game it included ALL the exclusives preorder bonuses in the game so you won't be missing out. :)

Yeah, I just checked the Wiki and it really does look like the first major SP DLC for each AC game always has literally every pre-order bonus item/location :D Wiki says that the Da Vinci Disappearance included every single pre-order ACB item/location and Lost Archives included every single pre-order ACR item/location! Great!

Though, did the Copernicus Conspiracy really remained PS3 exclusive forever? I play on PS3 so I'm not worried but this is interesting

Locopells
06-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Though, did the Copernicus Conspiracy really remained PS3 exclusive forever? I play on PS3 so I'm not worried but this is interesting

Yes it did, though not a great loss, not like if the DaVD had been for example.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Yes it did, though not a great loss, not like if the DaVD had been for example.

Yeah, but AC3 will have FOUR exclusive PS3 missions :O

Locopells
06-25-2012, 12:43 AM
The CC was made up of loads more - if these four are anything like them...

JCearlyyears
06-25-2012, 12:47 AM
I'll be very upset if Xbox never gets those exclusive missions. Though, it'd defeat the purpose of exclusive

RatonhnhakeFan
06-25-2012, 01:27 AM
The most irritating thing about these pre-order bonuses is that it's pretty much impossible top get them all on release date (unless you buy like 5 copies of the game in different editions from different retailers lol). The uber-expensive Freedom Edition doesn't have Dangerous Secret mission for example, nor Red Coat MP pack or Colonial & Aquila SP packs. Special Edition has most of these, but doesn't have the missions Freedom Edition has. Missing bonuses are all either in other editions or spread out throughout different retailers.

The ONLY edition to have it all will be PC Deluxe Edition:
http://img.metaboli.fr/promo/_game/AssassinsCreed3/deluxe/AC3_1_UK.jpg

Screw it. I'm just gonna buy the standard edition in a retailer that offers Colonial skin pack (since I actually really like this outfit) and will wait till the rest gets added in DLC.

Locopells
06-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Where did you find this?! Where can you buy it?

RatonhnhakeFan
06-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Where did you find this?! Where can you buy it?
Here: http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Assassin%27s-Creed-III---Deluxe-Edition-3345-13.html When you google "assassin's creed iii deluxe edition" it also shows up on a bunch of other European stores. But from what I understand, this is only PC Digital Download edition, so no PS360 or even physical PC version I'm afraid

EDIT: It's also on GamersGate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-AC3DE/assassins-creed-iii-deluxe-edition Might be better, I heard GAME in UK is bankrupting?

JCearlyyears
06-25-2012, 01:51 AM
I heard GAME got bought so it's safe.

Blind2Society
06-25-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm really beginning to get fed up with Ubi having story missions as pre-order bonuses.

Locopells
06-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Ah, bugger it, I'll just wait untill the DLC.

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Well, I pre-ordered the standard edition at Gamestop so I will be getting "The Lost Mayan Ruins" and I will just buy the other stuff when it is available on PS Store.