PDA

View Full Version : Bollywood Assassin's Creed, Copyright infringement?

Turul.
06-23-2012, 02:32 PM
found this little dime today

http://www.break.com/index/bollywoods-adaptation-of-assassins-creed-2305366?ref=gdp&error_reason=user_denied&error=access_denied&error_description=The+user+denied+your+request.#_= _

wondering if this is actual copyright infringement.

naran6142
06-23-2012, 02:36 PM
i think this has been posted before, but i dont ubi has done anything about it...

DarkDreamer95
06-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Ugh -_- That's not Bollywood. It's Tollywood, I think(Indian, but not Bollywood). And you'd think they'd have run out of stuff to copy -_-

obliviondoll
06-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't see a single Assassin, Templar or Abstergo logo, or a single weapon used that exists in any Assassin's Creed game.

The lead character's outfit has clear differences from Alta´r's, while resembling that more than any other outfit in any AC game (including those of background characters).

The parkour is less realistic-looking than in any Assassin's Creed game (quite an impressive feat in a live-action film, when you think about it).

And more importantly, is it actually a full movie, and are people making money from it? Because unless they include unedited or minimally-edited material taken directly from the copyrighted product, or use specific copyrighted symbols and designs, the only way something this loosely based on Assassin's Creed would qualify for prosecution under international copyright laws would be if it's being used for a profit - either to advertise something or being sold as a product in its own right.

Blind2Society
06-23-2012, 05:10 PM
The last time I saw a post about this (something like a year ago) it was pretty lame. This vid though, I actually enjoyed quite a bit.

MetalCreed
06-23-2012, 06:14 PM
The girl's a looker

Turul.
06-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't see a single Assassin, Templar or Abstergo logo, or a single weapon used that exists in any Assassin's Creed game.

The lead character's outfit has clear differences from Alta´r's, while resembling that more than any other outfit in any AC game (including those of background characters).

The parkour is less realistic-looking than in any Assassin's Creed game (quite an impressive feat in a live-action film, when you think about it).

And more importantly, is it actually a full movie, and are people making money from it? Because unless they include unedited or minimally-edited material taken directly from the copyrighted product, or use specific copyrighted symbols and designs, the only way something this loosely based on Assassin's Creed would qualify for prosecution under international copyright laws would be if it's being used for a profit - either to advertise something or being sold as a product in its own right.

well isn't it more of "stealing" intellectual property?

rileypoole1234
06-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Honestly, that's actually not terrible...

Ayush_S92
06-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Ugh -_- That's not Bollywood. It's Tollywood, I think(Indian, but not Bollywood). And you'd think they'd have run out of stuff to copy -_-

It's actually Kollywood. :P

It is a full movie. And the actors are not small actors, they are pretty big ones in their own industry. And according to my friends down south (India), this movie was actually a big hit.

DarkDreamer95
06-24-2012, 05:04 AM
Oh, Kollywood. xD All the southern ones look similar, so you can understand my confusion :P