PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Any word if there are mandatory timed missions like in AC2? Its a deal breaker.

AZPiR8King
06-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Loved Assassins Creed 2 …..as long as Timed events were optional missions:mad::mad:. Now it's going to gather dust on the shelf. They are such a waste of time. BORING and repetitive! Unfortunately Ubisoft turned major portions of AC2 into Prince of Persia, which slowed it down and I think could have been much more interesting with a different approach to get the discs. Add that to the mandatory timed missions in order to advance to the next mission and it pretty much ruined the game for me. With no way to just poke past them or choose to not do them, it's not worth the time to finish (button mashing games have zero appeal to me). Has anyone heard if AC3 will be loaded with the Timed missions? If it contains "mandatory" timed events I won’t even buy it. They suck that bad. AC2 puzzles and planning for missions, then executing them are very rewarding. The button mashing run to get something done in 2 minutes is not. Hope Ubisoft went a different direction entirely with AC3.

BTW, a "Templars Oath" game that shows the opposite side of the war would be a great option (Sans Stupid timed missions). A Templar detective that uses a relic to go into the past and posses Templar bodies to try to stop assassinations would be a great sequel series. Just a thought.

Sushiglutton
06-23-2012, 08:45 AM
I don't remember the timed missions in AC2 tbh, but in general they tend to be very generous in the series. I wonder what you mean by "buttonmashing"? That seems like the wrong approach for freerunning. I usually find it easier to not run full speed a head, but to take tiny breaks to orient myself and the camera. Just to calm down a little.

I don't mind if there is some pressure to run fast. Not sure that a clock is the most elegant solution though.

ProletariatPleb
06-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Never had any problems with timed missions, infact I think they sometimes give a wee bit too much time.

Sukramo
06-23-2012, 11:17 AM
They were quite dull yes, lets hope they do it like Brotherhood which had meaningfull and interresting side stories.

TheHumanTowel
06-23-2012, 12:53 PM
There are like 4 timed missions in the entire AC2 game. Stop whining.

De Filosoof
06-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I think it was a nice change of pace.
It makes the mission structure more varied.

LightRey
06-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Most of them were not too hard, so I really didn't mind them much. It can be quite annoying though if you accidentally jump off a building.

Assassin_M
06-23-2012, 09:36 PM
This is like saying I wont buy the game if it had no armor..
bur really, though, what do you mean by "Button mash" ?

SixKeys
06-23-2012, 09:42 PM
This is like saying I wont buy the game if it had no armor.

Not exactly. Armor is mostly cosmetic and sometimes for extra health. Mandatory timed missions can actually prevent a (bad) player from progressing further in the game, so I can understand their frustration on some level. It's certainly not a deal-breaker for me, though.

Assassin_M
06-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Not exactly. Armor is mostly cosmetic and sometimes for extra health. Mandatory timed missions can actually prevent a (bad) player from progressing further in the game, so I can understand their frustration on some level. It's certainly not a deal-breaker for me, though.
Sure, fair enough, different points of view is all..

tarrero
06-23-2012, 11:03 PM
I like those missions, and what I would hope to make a comeback though, is "hard" platforming visions like on AC2 and brotherhood, on revelations were a little bit easier, and that was because of some complaints ubisoft received from some "bad" players...