PDA

View Full Version : Gametrailers Gives Assassin's Creed III Multiple Best of E3 Awards

Azurefeatherfly
06-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Gametrailers has given Assassin's Creed 3:

Best Wii U Game
Best PS3 Game
Best Xbox 360 Game
Best PC Game
Best Action/Adventure Game
Best of Show

Here is a complete listing of all the awards on Gametrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/best-of-e3-2012-awards/16574

Congrats to the Ubisoft Team at Montreal!!!!!!

Turul.
06-23-2012, 06:38 AM
somebody get a broom

ION_05
06-23-2012, 06:52 AM
I knew it would win Best Action/Adventure Game but I'm a little surprised it won that many.

Azurefeatherfly
06-23-2012, 06:55 AM
somebody get a broom

Wouldn't a shovel be better for the mountain of awards AC3 got?

Honestly, I am surprised that AC3 was able to dominate the Gametrailer Awards and ruled all platforms. They must have really been "Wowed" by Ubisoft.

Turul.
06-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Wouldn't a shovel be better for the mountain of awards AC3 got?

Honestly, I am surprised that AC3 was able to dominate the Gametrailer Awards and ruled all platforms. They must have really been "Wowed" by Ubisoft.

sigh i guess you missed the joke

Azurefeatherfly
06-23-2012, 07:15 AM
sigh i guess you missed the joke

My sense of humour is mediocre, but please help me understand. I certainly want to get it.

ION_05
06-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Its a joke because, there is a trophy in brotherhood to kill a guard with a broom

Sushiglutton
06-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Very well deserved! When I followed E3 Watchdog blew me away the most, partly because of the suprise factor. In hindsight though I think AC3 was the best game of the show. The frontier demo proved to me that the wildlife parkour wash a smash hit. The tree thing sounded impossible but Ubi really pulled it off. The running assassinations were another awesome addition. And the naval demo was shocking tbh. Usually the "mini-games" have been a little meh in AC, but this just looked amazing (maybe because it wasn't a mini game, but something "real"). And the idea that you can freeroam the sea or let go of the wheel and walk around the deck just makes it much more a part of the game. Yeah AC had a very, very impressive showing for sure!

BATISTABUS
06-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Its a joke because, there is a trophy in brotherhood to kill a guard with a broom
I think the joke is more along the lines of "Sweeping the board".

FirestarLuva
06-23-2012, 04:51 PM
I think AC3 is the only game in the series that has won so many awards in such a short time I mean we first got a glimpse of it in february/march. Wow, just wow! Game of the Year for sure if you ask me! :D Hope AC3 will surprise us with multiple awards at Game Critics Awards 2012 on Tuesday! :D

TorQue1988
06-24-2012, 06:24 PM
AC3 pretty much cleaned up all the awards. This is great, but i never expected it;)

RatonhnhakeFan
06-24-2012, 06:32 PM
This is great. But this is just one site. There was no clear #1 Game of Show at this year's E3 (unlike Bioshock Infinite was last year). The Last of Us, AC3, Tomb Raider, Dishonored, Watch Dogs all won Game of Show trophies from various big websites. But AC3 definitely had a great showing at E3 and is one of the very prime candidates for GOTY :D

notafanboy
06-24-2012, 07:01 PM
i donīt get how gametrailers does its awards. I get that it got best action/adventure and game of show, but ps3 and xbox 360 ?.

EscoBlades
06-24-2012, 07:16 PM
i donīt get how gametrailers does its awards. I get that it got best action/adventure and game of show, but ps3 and xbox 360 ?.

Besides Beyond (for PS3) and Halo 4 (for the 360), E3 wasn't actually that great for platform exclusives. So it makes sensr that a multiplatform game would take those awards. It more a case of which. Watch Dogs might have stood a chance, except its platforms were not declared in time for the awards.

De Filosoof
06-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Look at the hate in the comment sections on gamtrailers haha :p.
Silly sheeple...

notafanboy
06-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Besides Beyond (for PS3) and Halo 4 (for the 360), E3 wasn't actually that great for platform exclusives. So it makes sensr that a multiplatform game would take those awards. It more a case of which. Watch Dogs might have stood a chance, except its platforms were not declared in time for the awards.
well... give the awards to those then. it is called platform exclusive for a reason. Platforms who hasnīt got any exlusives shouldnīt get any awards

De Filosoof
06-24-2012, 07:27 PM
well... give the awards to those then. it is called platform exclusive for a reason. Platforms who hasnīt got any exlusives shouldnīt get any awards
Weren't halo 4 and beyond actually kinda disappointing?
That may be the reason why AC3 won.

Azurefeatherfly
06-24-2012, 07:34 PM

Which is exactly why Gametrailers does not use the word "Exclusive" in the award titles. Someone on Gametrailers rated E3 a B without first-party, and rated a D with first-party. Pretty much all the major news outlets said that Ubisoft won E3, which is pretty sad considering the platform developers should be leading the charge.

Gametrailers flat-out said that third-party saved the E3 show, hopefully the new PS4 and Xobx 720 will give some new life to the games.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-24-2012, 09:25 PM

Game Trailers likes to give quadrillion awards to their Game of Show winner. Other websites like to "distribute" their awards to various games (Dishonored only won Best Action and Game of Show at GameSpy for example) . Just a preference of a particular website, let's not complain, it got AC3 more awards :p

well... give the awards to those then. it is called platform exclusive for a reason. Platforms who hasnīt got any exlusives shouldnīt get any awardsThere shouldn't even be any platform exclusive awards. Nobody in movie industry gives "Best Imax movie" award, neither there is any "Best iTunes exclusive album" music award

De Filosoof
06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
There shouldn't even be any platform exclusive awards. Nobody in movie industry gives "Best Imax movie" award, neither there is any "Best iTunes exclusive album" music award

Hehehe:p. Exactly.

Felix-Vivo
06-24-2012, 10:31 PM
This gives me even more hope that AC3 might grab GOTY. I hope it does...