PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no Turksih language in Revelations?

seranz
06-23-2012, 02:32 AM
I would really like a serious answer as to why there is hardly any Turkish Language being spoken in Revelations. And I want the TRUTH.

You see I eagerly anticipated this game as I am Turkish and have been to Istanbul and I know about the Ottoman Empire, but I have just started playing the game and I am deeply disappointed as to the lack of Turkish or in fact the lack of ANY OTHER language apart from English being spoken whilst walking around the City. There is no where near enough.

I'm certain that in the previous two AC games set in Italy there was a serious amount of Italian being spoken and even an option to have it completely spoken in Italian, so why do I only get a choice now between English and Russian? Previously the spoken language greatly enabled me to immerse myself in the atmosphere and enjoy the game to its fullest.

Now all I feel is cheated and seriously feel like not playing the game anymore. I do realize I have written this even though I haven't completed the game yet, but I can not see a change throughout the course of the game.

Any serious and truthful answer will do for me, I just need to know. Even if anybody with some knowledge or authority on this game told me we simply couldn't be bothered I will be happy. But the fact remains that you only have one Turkish person Tamer Hassan as a voice actor, not even two. I simply can't understand it.

Sorry, but I am upset :(

Locopells
06-23-2012, 02:58 AM
The Animus translates everything, it's only when it glitches that you get a bit of native language. That only tends to happen in cutscenes rather than ambient noise, and as Ezio doesn't know Turkish, it isn't spoken much during them.

Would have been nice to hear a bit more though, I picked up quite a few Italian works thanks to AC, new languages would have been cool.

tarrero
06-23-2012, 03:26 AM
It would have bee cool, but probably ubisoft ran out of time.....