PDA

View Full Version : 30+ Days since the game came out and we still dealing with CONNECTION TO SERVER LOST!

Khriz112
06-23-2012, 01:46 AM
This **** is unacceptable. Ive played most mayor tittles from day one ( all 3 gears of war, all of COD tittles, Graw 1 and 2, all of the Halo tiitles, Homefront, Metal Gear Solid 4 etc.) and NONE have EVER had as horrible connection issues as this game, specially a month after the game has came out. I don't understand how still to this day we are dealing with this issue and how you guys at ubisoft keep on replying to us that you are still working out certain issues to fix the online experience. REALLY? AFTER A MONTH OF THE GAME BEING OUT AND HAVING HAD AN OPEN BETA FOR THE GAME?? REALLY?? I am not even going to get into the issue that i can't host a match with more than 4 friends when other people on my friends list could or the fact that some of my classes have gotten set back a few levels for no apparent reason................>;o(

I love the game and that is the reason i am here complaining about it but the issues that we are having to deal with still to this day are just ****ing ridiculous.
can we get a REAL FIX for this issues once and for all??

Where are you UBI_BROCK ???

xN1ghtmar3Xx
06-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Graw > grfs

P4NCH0theD0G
06-23-2012, 04:03 AM
From a Ubi-Brock Post:

"Ubisoft Service is not available" means the player is unable to connect to our servers. These servers host matchmaking, progression, stats, loadouts, etc. When you are unable to connect to the Ubisoft services you are unable to play XBL/PSN games (although System Link and single player are still available).

"Connection to server has been lost" means you lost connection to your peer who was hosting the match. This can be caused by many factors including high latency, dropped packets, router glitches, host disconnects (RAAAAGE http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/wink.png), etc.

While not always the case, the most frequent cause of "connection to server has been lost" is when the host does not migrate successfully due to port errors on either the player's or the new host's network.

Which is to say, that unless you're talking about "The Ubisoft Service is not available at the moment" (which I haven't had in weeks), Ubisoft themselves can only do so much about direct P2P issues like "connection to server lost". I know this doesn't really help, but it's all I can offer.

Mister_Mom
06-23-2012, 04:33 AM
Even with all the "Blame the customer" posts, I myself never had problems with connection until this game. But I still like playing, just sucks when it happens. Then I go do push ups..

alxn
06-23-2012, 06:48 AM
I guess it's better to blame the customer than to admit your netcode is subpar. It seems that no matter how many times people say that these connection problems only exist when playing GRFS, and not with any other game, Ubi's reps insist the customer's connection is the issue.

I like to consider myself a reasonable person, but this is just getting ridiculous. The OP is a little overwrought, but his general assertion is correct. It's been a month since release and almost nothing has been fixed. Oh well. At least the campaign was good. I was hoping this game would tide me over until Borderlands 2, but that's looking less and less likely.

Samjogo
06-23-2012, 06:58 AM
spec ops the line is coming soon, so that game could keep you busy till borderlands 2. I will see if the server connection will be good on spec ops or worse.

alxn
06-23-2012, 07:05 AM
spec ops the line is coming soon, so that game could keep you busy till borderlands 2. I will see if the server connection will be good on spec ops or worse.

Played the single player demo and didn't love it. I might give it another try. Also I think the multiplayer is only 4v4, but that's not a deal breaker.

jmpittman0220
06-23-2012, 08:07 AM
I think it's impossible for their servers to be worse than this. I've never played nor heard of this bad of an experience. Especially
after a beta.