PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed III – PC version delayed

EscoBlades
06-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Story here. (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/06/22/assassins-creed-iii-pc-version-delayed/)

Considerably less of a delay than previous titles, and at least it has come to light a lot earlier this time. Thoughts?

j0kay
06-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Not really angry or surprised...

Considerably less of a delay than previous titles
Revelations PC Versions Delay was two weeks, not three ;) But well at least not a half year.

iNvid22
06-22-2012, 05:46 PM
is this supposed to encourage launch day console sales at rrp?

will wait as always

Mr_Shade
06-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Any release information not posted by Ubisoft - should be treated as rumour, until officially announced.

Locopells
06-23-2012, 01:10 AM
Unlike Esco to post it if the source isn't reliable...

derfy2
06-23-2012, 01:48 PM
And not like there's no precedent for them delaying PC games...

mrxclusiv.au
06-23-2012, 02:32 PM
this is not how you build a loyal fan base, nor does it encourage them to invest in your top tier editions, not posting officially and having this leak really pisses off your customers, make them wait and they will likely return the favor waiting for a 50% off sale. Not to mention PC gamers that have purchased the jod/fe will not only have to wait for the game but the real world content, if the games' not going to be ready let Pc gamers have the real world stuff ontime, making us wait for the whole package really sucks. after AC3 I am done with Ubisoft. I will not buy any title for any platform unless its heavily discounted or second hand. let me guess I am just another whining PC gamer that needs to shutup? every single Ubisoft title for over 12 months has lagged behind console, you think we didn't notice?

you should man up and announce the delay instead of this bullcrap.

LCGuardian
06-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Kind of the usual at this point. Not sure I have the energy to get annoyed anymore after raging at the delays for AC2 and ACB in the past. Let's just hope it's an ACR length delay rather than ACB length.

Also the usual from Ubisoft (and Shade). Shade, I don't mean to be critical, and I know you're only doing your job until details can be made public. But the track record for a simultaneous release isn't good at this point.

Morankurai
06-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm not surprised to see this game being delayed for PC, like the others before. But as long as we only have to wait for 3 weeks, that's still acceptable I think.

Lordreaven
06-24-2012, 07:41 PM
So I guess Ubi forgot about their whole Gamespy interview?

GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR:October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's therealPC release date?

Ubisoft PR:It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR:You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR:...

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html

So UBI, which is true?

mrxclusiv.au
06-25-2012, 02:37 AM
http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-stop-delaying-every-single-pc-release-of-your-crossplatform-titles#

I just created this, seems to have got them to address the US CE issue - have a nice day

BATISTABUS
06-25-2012, 04:20 AM
I don't get why different platforms aren't treated fairly. Stop delaying the PC games, and stop giving PS3 owners benefits for just owning a system. If you want to have different levels of incentive to buy different versions of the game, make that exist in the form of special editions and pre-order bonuses. I know it's because of money, but please treat your customers better than this.

Nimnir
06-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Well you are whining, we get i t a little longer wait time... so what? It gives ubisoft time to fix up extra content or better graphics or somenthing. Its the usual thing with pc editions even if they take longer to get out theyre generally better.
For example both AC2 and brotherhood had extra content on their pc verions that my xbox360 versions that i bought on release day hadnt. Couple of weeks makes ubisoft smooth them up also find flaws and patch em up wich other version suffers from.
I personally wait couple of weeks fro a good game instead of some half finished one at a set console date.

mrxclusiv.au
06-26-2012, 02:54 AM
Well you are whining, we get i t a little longer wait time... so what? It gives ubisoft time to fix up extra content or better graphics or somenthing. Its the usual thing with pc editions even if they take longer to get out theyre generally better.
For example both AC2 and brotherhood had extra content on their pc verions that my xbox360 versions that i bought on release day hadnt. Couple of weeks makes ubisoft smooth them up also find flaws and patch em up wich other version suffers from.
I personally wait couple of weeks fro a good game instead of some half finished one at a set console date.

better graphics? pc versions AC2 ACB ACR were all DX9 (inline with consoles) so no better graphics there

if they know that they cannot make the console release date why give PC gamers the date? why not off the bat give a date a month behind console? instead of giving a single date then squeaking out the delay door a week from the date?

during the time between ACB console release and ACB Pc release they left PC gamers totally in the dark, it was "delayed" no date was given, and no updates indicating that they were even working on it were given, leaving PC gamers wondering have they forgot about it? the Ac Facebook page posted time and again multiplayer community unlock events, and ubiworkshop merch which is nice but what about the PC release? they hyped the *** off it leading up to console release and afterward. They havn't made one single crossplatform pc/console same day release for over 18 months, now the ACIII release delay leak can you see how stupid they look? it would all just evaporate if they owned up to a delay and got realistic with their release dates, they can't release same day so why commit to it just to disappoint the PC community.

ryan8374
06-26-2012, 07:58 AM

They've been working on this since January 2010 (stated in video here (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/09/building-the-assassin-39-s-creed-universe.aspx), @ 7:35), before the release of both Brotherhood and Revelations and have had plenty of time for debugging and refinements. Given their history, the delay is not unexpected. However, when Ubisoft tells us over and over that the PC will be released with the consoles and then is silent when someone releases information stating otherwise, we have the right to at least be irritated.

Qi88
06-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Also, they have time to develop a brand new game for a brand new console and still give a kick in the a** to PC?
Let's be serious...then they lament about the pirated copies, well know what: I prefer to play the game at least a few days later, than one (or more) month.
One month with the internet and even if you don't want you'll still read spoilers.
You had to wait 3 FU**ING YEARS and everything will be spoiled out to you in less than a week; usually 2 days. Great, uh?

P.S.: no don't worry, I have all the original AC copies.

mrxclusiv.au
06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
once again a delay rumor surfaces surrounding the PC release date and once again Ubisoft ignores it, they cannot claim to have missed it Mr Shade posted on this very thread about it, so since the rumor PC gamers are left in limbo not knowing a date, this is really confidence inspiring and as has been said two days after the console release everybody will blow their wad all over the internet about how it ends, would you go see a movie if you knew how it ended? Delaying the PC release behind console is what PC gamers will be expected to live with again, many won't buy it then there will be complaints about poor sales of PC versions, having every single facet of the game ruined before it even releases might have something to do with it, just a thought.........

spectatorx
06-27-2012, 11:00 AM
If this will confirm and ubisoft will really release the game with delay i'm 99% percent sure about skidrow group will show up again that delay is pointless 'cos the game is ready about time and skidrow again will leak 1.0 version week or more before official relase date, exactly the same way as it was with revelations.

Shame on you ubisoft!!!

WarlordSpinal
06-28-2012, 12:29 PM
To be completely honest; i don't really mind. As long as the delay is at the very most one month or a few weeks, i couldn't care less. I mean, it's November. There's gonna be other games to play until ACIII is up.

Though, i really do hope they add in DX11 support this time.

mr_bad09
06-29-2012, 09:21 PM

While a delay really doesn't matter anymore as it's usual for Ubi (as well as a couple of other publishers) and there is plenty in that busy period anyway, please do not fool yourself into thinking these delays to PC by some companies is for improvements to the PC version. Delays normally mean anti piracy (There is a belief that by delaying the PC version will protect the precious console sales and pirates with access to a console might buy rather than wait.) or it's a quick port after they finish the precious console version.

These companies know what has to be done and how long they have, the delay is NEVER to put extra work into the PC version.....as Ghost Recon shows...:rolleyes:

Alexczy
06-29-2012, 11:49 PM
I hope this guys keep de good job porting assassin's creed, because the GRFS port is awfull

oliacr
06-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Is the delay is confirmed by Ubi?
Bcoz on wikipedia I saw that Microsoft Windows release on 23 November.

spectatorx
08-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Ubi will not confirm delay until 31th october :D

Ok guys, today i pre-ordered freedom edition and in confirming email i've found line:
"Przewidywana data wysłania zamówienia z magazynu to: czwartek, 22 listopada 2012 + czas dostawy."

In english it will goes something like that:
"Your package will be sent on thursday 22nd november 2012"

So now it is more than sure, release date is 23 november 2012... thank God it is not 2013...

anik_lc
08-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Is the delay is confirmed by Ubi?
Bcoz on wikipedia I saw that Microsoft Windows release on 23 November.

Its now return as October 30 for Windows release as well.

I guess UBI will not announce the delay before September, like always.

WTW26
08-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Ubisoft never fails to disappoint.

BomBerA
08-09-2012, 10:59 PM
I recently pre-ordered the Join or Die Edition. Release date is 23rd November according to the retailer I ordered from (in Bulgaria).

Nyxeify
08-11-2012, 06:07 AM
Similar thread I made back when it wasn't confirmed: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/697642-AC3-Release-Date-Pushed-Back-for-PC-DRM

My thoughts on it are this. I don't think Ubisoft is going to change. They're too stubborn and greedy to even consider treating us PC gamers with any shed of decency. I love AC and of course I'm going to buy it, because I'm pretty much hooked on the game. But before when I may have wanted to buy other Ubisoft games, this is the last straw for me. I am not going to buy any more of their games if they are just gonna take my money and then punch me in the face with their horrible customer service and DRM's, and general insults. Ubisoft is killing their PC market by alienating their PC customers this way, and hey if they don't want to listen to everyone screaming at them to sort it out, it's their loss. Not ours. I'm just sick and tired of this really, but there's nothing we can do, because Ubisoft have stuffed their ears with the money they make from the console market -.-....

Lastdie
08-14-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm one of you who tired of the PC version delay.

I'm one of you who think this is so called "Marketing" and they're very good at this to prevent console version piracy.

I'm one of you who think it's not nice to treat the PC customer this way.

But Hell!!, they're create one of the most awesome game for us, so....

It's okay for me to wait and this time less than a month(even how much I hate it).

Bucur92
08-14-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm one of you who tired of the PC version delay.

I'm one of you who think this is so called "Marketing" and they're very good at this to prevent console version piracy.

I'm one of you who think it's not nice to treat the PC customer this way.

But Hell!!, they're create one of the most awesome game for us, so....

It's okay for me to wait and this time less than a month(even how much I hate it).

So how do you know the game is awsesome?.Im not gonna buy it just because it has number 3 on the box i wanna see some reviews first.And of course if the PC version will be a good port(im not gonna pay 60$ for a crappy PC port with DRM on top of it)

Lastdie
08-15-2012, 03:16 AM
Well, if it's not awesome then you guys shouldn't be so worry about their delay right?

Perhaps this is one of their marketing, Who knows.

RaulO4
08-16-2012, 10:00 AM
guys, I have a simple Qs

what is UBI history on the Pc version of Ac?
i want to get AC3 on pc but i want to know if they have a track record of having bad ports or good solid pc game for AC

Does Ac3 support DX11/DX10 features? (nvm, i found that yes it will have DX11)
and how will DRM work? is it for MP only or SP as well...

mlsk8
08-16-2012, 06:03 PM
I m so stupid, i pre-ordered the PC version on Ubishop, i guess im gonna have to cancel it.

Does anyone know how to cancel a pre-order on Ubishop?

Boeteloez
08-17-2012, 03:58 PM
They delay the pc version, just so they hope we all buy the consoleversion, because we cant wait blabla. It not because the pc version will get an update on numeroues front is it ubisoft *kuch* GRFS *kuch*. It will be a sad consoleport like alwasy. I will still buy the pc version tho, just like i bought grfs. I do hope i can still add my purchased ubisoft games on steam and dont get the crap that ea is throwing at me.

Razrback16
08-19-2012, 07:05 PM
guys, I have a simple Qs

what is UBI history on the Pc version of Ac?
i want to get AC3 on pc but i want to know if they have a track record of having bad ports or good solid pc game for AC

Does Ac3 support DX11/DX10 features? (nvm, i found that yes it will have DX11)
and how will DRM work? is it for MP only or SP as well...

Where have you seen that it will be DX11?

dex3108BL
08-19-2012, 07:56 PM
At ComicCon Alex said it will use DX11 features

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9MQ1Z6QSME&feature=player_detailpage#t=2155s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9MQ1Z6QSME&feature=player_detailpage#t=2155s)

dex3108BL
08-22-2012, 04:44 PM
From Assassins Creed RU

Representatives of Ubisoft during that same exhibition Gamescom 2012 again confirmed that the game will not only support DX11-tessellation (eg, simulation of water will use a new technology called "surface scattering approximation"), but will also include a high-resolution textures .

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 04:20 PM
At ComicCon Alex said it will use DX11 features

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9MQ1Z6QSME&feature=player_detailpage#t=2155s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9MQ1Z6QSME&feature=player_detailpage#t=2155s)

Ok, that sounds good.

Razrback16
08-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks Dex, that's incredibly exciting, and quite honestly I'm shocked (but in a good way). Very impressed that Ubi is finally taking a slight step forward as far as the coding for these games and realizing how great they can look when using modern rendering technology and taking full advantage of the vastly superior PC hardware rather than live in the dark ages of DX9 that the piece of crap consoles are on.

Not sure how many of you have played Crysis 2, but it was released initially with DX9 technology and looked terrible, and then Crytek released a DX11 patch with tesselation and high-res textures and now the game looks absolutely incredible when compared with playing it in DX9 without all the awesome lighting and other features of DX11.

AnthonyA85
08-24-2012, 04:27 PM
I just hope the game will still support DX9, since i don't think my motherboard can support a DX11 capable card, IF i was forced to upgrade, i'd have to get a new main board, new CPU (I don't think they do 775 socket boards anymore), possibly new cooling fan, and maybe new memory on top of the new card....so yeah.

I don't see why it wouldn't, i mean, AC1 had optional DX10 support, it wasn't mandatory.

RaulO4
08-25-2012, 12:36 AM
the game is in DX9 and when playing in DX11 you will have some "Key right there" Some DX11 Features.....not all
so dont worry AC3 is in DX9 for pc

lieuwa
08-25-2012, 02:11 PM
the game is in DX9 and when playing in DX11 you will have some "Key right there" Some DX11 Features.....not all
so dont worry AC3 is in DX9 for pc

I hope you right, may AC3 pc will not be the same like GR:FS
In addition, my PC is not strong enough to handle DX11 and Windows XP is not out of date yet. Many people still use it and it's still great

ProletariatPleb
08-25-2012, 02:22 PM
I hope you right, may AC3 pc will not be the same like GR:FS
In addition, my PC is not strong enough to handle DX11 and Windows XP is not out of date yet. Many people still use it and it's still great
XP is wayyyyy out of date.

Razrback16
08-25-2012, 05:23 PM
No worries -- they will code the game like some of the other DX11 games recently -- you'll be able to turn the DX11 features on/off and they will code it so it will autodetect your card and if you don't have a DX11-capable vid card it will probably just gray those features out.