PDA

View Full Version : Stop with all the Ubisoft hates British.

mockers00
06-22-2012, 09:25 AM
First off the team is from canada and other countries I believe, so trust me they are not pro america. Second off, the game is based in America in the revolution HELLO? who won that? America duh, of coarse the hero has to be on the winning side. Also Conner is from where? AMERICA but to add contrast his father is British I think. He is American and America is a better side to be on honestly, nothing against britian but british were trying to hold down america and other countries with taxes when all America wanted was to be it's own. Just routing for the better man and freedom. Plus they said Conner is just their for the Templar, he won't hesitate to kill an american templar, but they also said in conner bio he is for freedom and helping the the ones who cannot be helped. He obviously could careless about the war in a way, as he said "Let the freedom fighters fight their war I am here for the Templar" Plus in Boston it's not like he's trying to kill redcoats on purpose or something, they are the guards there accurately. I know their will be situations where some of the Americans will be guards and if they get in his way or they don't like his activity he will have to take them out. In all this game is about AMERICA, so obviously the winning side is America and it has a good story for America to be free. Once again nothing against British it's just how it was back then, I mean were all good with them now.

It's like WW2 games, you don't play as anybody else besides Americans or British or people on the side that won now do you? kind of the same way it is here except in AC3 he has no really biased side, since he takes both hertiages but you can tell he leans towards America just a tad for what they are trying to do and get away from. Don't worry in time you will see Conner kill more Americans *I really do not see why it matters* but he is always going to be more towards America just the fact that they won and it's where was born. Their just portraying the game accuractly in the time setting, I do not really understand why it even matters so much to people. If the game was based on the Great Britian when they were conquering, it would be more towards great britian.

itsamea-mario
06-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Stop bringing it up.

mockers00
06-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Stop bringing it up.

It's my first time, bringing it up? People complain about it daily. Nothing wrong with bringing it up either because their is nothing wrong with AC3 and how it is.

playassassins1
06-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Nice catch. But people will never stop complaining about it...

brefcourte
06-22-2012, 10:36 AM
not amused

mockers00
06-22-2012, 10:39 AM
not amused

Was not posted for amusement, just facts and showing the reason why British will be killed more then Americans and also showing that it does not even matter anyway. Informational not amusing.

oliacr
06-22-2012, 11:28 AM
stop,stop,stop

Locopells
06-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Dude, really? You do know barely anyone is going to read through the wall of text you got there (major No, No by the way)? I barely got a third of the way through it... Connor isn't on any 'the winning' side for a start.

And like other people have been saying, stop making new threads, we've already got one main one for this.

TheHumanTowel
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
If you want to talk about it post in the thread about it. You're not helping getting people to stop talking about it by making a new thread about it.

Kaiskune
06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
well for starters Connor is supposedly neutral in the conflict and an opportunist. if there's a Templar on the field be they Hessian, Fench, British, Colonial or Dutch (i think that's 'em all) their neck is fair game. already your 'facts' are looking more like fiction

the 'Americans' were just as wrong as the British in the Revolutionary war. neither side is purely white and neither is purely black. Hindsight is a wonderful thing for all we know a diplomatic and peace separation from the empire might have been just around the corner.
Assassins Creed 3 is not about America... the revolution is simply the back drop of the games main focus, the ongoing (probably eternal)war between the Assassins and the Templars.

your attitude that the Americans were the 'better men' will only cause more friction

xXMrGR1NCHXx
06-22-2012, 01:37 PM
What most of the people don't understand when they try to defend Ubisoft is that Connor is fighting Templars on both sides of the war. The argument about Ubisoft hating the British is 100% pointless, it's happening because some people fail to understand what is happening in the game.

But what can you do. :confused:

Moultonborough
06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
It's my first time, bringing it up? People complain about it daily. Nothing wrong with bringing it up either because their is nothing wrong with AC3 and how it is.

There, you said it yourself. People bring it up daily and the last thing we need is another thread talking about it.

Evenesque
06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Not even going to read it. Just stop talking about it, and guess what?

People will stop talking about it.

Figured that was common sense, but this board proves me wrong daily in that regard. Common sense is so rare it should be considered a super power.

Locopells
06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
What most of the people don't understand when they try to defend Ubisoft is that Connor is fighting Templars on both sides of the war. The argument about Ubisoft hating the British is 100% pointless, it's happening because some people fail to understand what is happening in the game.

Trouble is, you can see why it's happening - even Ubi have admitted that there's a pro America slant to the marketing. I think I said this on the main thread somewhere...

Mr_Shade
06-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Please post any further discussion in the ongoing thread, it's there for a reason.

Locking thread due to being duplicate.