PDA

View Full Version : Question about parties

SilentVendetta7
06-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Ok, so does anyone know why the game will split up parties in lobbies? Out of the many "mistakes" Ubi has put into the game, why do they allow parties to be broken up? I just dont understand the possible benefit for this. Even if there is a even number players on the other team, it will randomly take someone from my party and put him on the other team. Can someone enlighten me on this issue. It's just about the only real problem I have with the game.

Zambatuo
06-21-2012, 09:52 PM
That's a great question. Me and my regular group members have been asking the same question. My guess from a programmatic stand-point is that the matchmaking algorithm does assign a unique value to the party as a whole so it doesn't that Players 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 should be balanced to the same side. If it sees 3 slots available on Bodark and 2 on Ghost, it "fits" the players in like puzzle pieces. I've mostly seen it do this when joining a game in progress, when the countdown is still going, the balancer has a chance to move around players to the appropriate places. So it's also likely that the matchmaker fits you in but the balancer doesn't have a chance to rearrange the group to the same side before it throws you into the game.

SilentVendetta7
06-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Well, I dont really mind it when it has us split to get us in a game in progress. Its just when we're in the lobby and it just randomly puts us on different teams.

I also dont mind it when it splits us up in a brand new lobby. Say we have a party of 5, When we get into the new lobby, it will normally put at least 1 of us on the other team while we wait for more players to get into the lobby. But once we get 5 randoms into the lobby, it will keep the person in our part on the other team, when he clearly should be on our team.

I just dont understand....

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Here is the explanation;

If you join on the fly- Players are split to fill the teams evenly and keep the game balanced. We do not shuffle teams mid match since that's not really fair to the players in the game already. At the end of the match, when players return to the pre-match lobby, the teams can be shuffled.

For a fresh game. Players are assembled into their parties as much as possible, however team balance is maintained within a one player difference.

It is possible for a party of 6 to be partially split until there are at least 5 other players in the game. The game prioritizes merging parties (and not splitting them) whenever possible. Players will be continuously reorganized to meet the criteria until the timer reaches 0 and the game starts.

Note, the larger a party, the more likely they are to get split. It is easy to put 2 players together, much harder to do 6.

SilentVendetta7
06-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Here is the explanation;

If you join on the fly- Players are split to fill the teams evenly and keep the game balanced. We do not shuffle teams mid match since that's not really fair to the players in the game already. At the end of the match, when players return to the pre-match lobby, the teams can be shuffled.

For a fresh game. Players are assembled into their parties as much as possible, however team balance is maintained within a one player difference.

It is possible for a party of 6 to be partially split until there are at least 5 other players in the game. The game prioritizes merging parties (and not splitting them) whenever possible. Players will be continuously reorganized to meet the criteria until the timer reaches 0 and the game starts.

Note, the larger a party, the more likely they are to get split. It is easy to put 2 players together, much harder to do 6.

Thanks for the reply Ubi-Mush. However, I wish they would keep parties together no matter what. I wouldnt mind waiting a couple extra minutes to get 5 more people in the lobby or just simply enough to "balance" the teams.

This is the only game that ive played that splits up parties so i just thought i'd ask. I appreciate the response.