PDA

View Full Version : Unique armors

theukassassin
06-21-2012, 08:08 PM
From all the assassins creed's there has been a unique armor set excluding ac1 ac bloodlines. But from acII there was altairs armor and acbh there was armor of Brutus and acr you had ishak pasha's armor so what do we think will be in acIII or will there be any?

Turul.
06-21-2012, 08:20 PM
most likely,

and probably native american related.

which would be cool!

naran6142
06-21-2012, 08:39 PM
well connor doesnt really where armor, so maybe they wont do the ultimate armor thing...

JCearlyyears
06-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I actually don't think there will be. I hope there will be but they wanted to have a different health system and armor would make the game too easy, though I imagine it will be optional if it does exist, and if it does exist, it may just increase your health capacity and not actually be a defense thing because if it actually defended against bayonets, axes, etc.(not bullets) it would be soooo easy, and even adding to your health would make it easy.

oliacr
06-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I think there will be armors, and weapons too, like other ACs. But if not, then I'm not very disappointed, I'll still love the game...(maybe it would be fun- without armors)

theukassassin
06-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Perhaps no armor would be a good change it depends on the ai in my opinion hopefully better than the ottoman guy with guns who u hit and they just keep trying to shoot you

theukassassin
06-21-2012, 09:08 PM
I know they won't have it in but what would be nice if altairs sword or perhaps even etsios (fail spelling I know) sword was in the game just as unique weapons

oliacr
06-21-2012, 09:13 PM
yes-yes. and the littleknives (stiletto, i dont know more, etc.):D:D

AnthonyA85
06-21-2012, 10:16 PM
In the recent interview Loomer did with Alex Hutchinson at E3 (you can easily find the thread), Loomer brought up the subject of unbreakable armor, and Alex said that they didn't want to redo anything that had been done in past games, he acknowledged that the "Ultimate Armor sets" were getting repetitive, and that they wouldn't be making a come-back (at least, that's what i remember him saying, i might be wrong), but since armor sets like the ones in previous AC games were pretty much obsolete by the 18th century (the Red Coats certainly didn't wear any), i highly doubt we'll see any armor in the game.

And to be perfectly honest, the "unbreakable armor" plot had gotten stale by ACR.

theukassassin
06-21-2012, 10:24 PM
It doseint need to be Unbreakable just needs to look awsome for me anyway but the new attire Connors got looks pretty awsome though

Turul.
06-21-2012, 10:34 PM
I am perfectly fine with purely cosmetic "armor" sets

Requiscent
06-21-2012, 10:36 PM
I am perfectly fine with purely cosmetic "armor" sets
Same here. So long as said armor isn't bulky like Revelations then I'm fine. Though I admit I do like Connor's outfit as is.

Turul.
06-21-2012, 10:57 PM
at first i want so sure about it, but it has grown on me

BRANDONxPRODIGY
06-21-2012, 11:04 PM
ubisoft said they want to bring stealth back to the series, so they wont be armor returning

BBALive
06-22-2012, 01:11 AM
In the recent interview Loomer did with Alex Hutchinson at E3 (you can easily find the thread), Loomer brought up the subject of unbreakable armor, and Alex said that they didn't want to redo anything that had been done in past games, he acknowledged that the "Ultimate Armor sets" were getting repetitive, and that they wouldn't be making a come-back (at least, that's what i remember him saying, i might be wrong), but since armor sets like the ones in previous AC games were pretty much obsolete by the 18th century (the Red Coats certainly didn't wear any), i highly doubt we'll see any armor in the game.

And to be perfectly honest, the "unbreakable armor" plot had gotten stale by ACR.

He said that outfits and such would still be in the game (probably just various cosmetic outfits that are unlockable in-game/uplay/DLC(, but Connor wouldn't be customisable as much as Ezio was previously. So I think Connor will still be upgradeable in 'some' ways, just not as much as before. While I liked the customisation aspects, armour obviously doesn't fit with the time period, and there isn't really an alternate solution. I'm sure it will be replaced with something just as good. I love Connor's outfit as it is anyway. The only thing I do hope for is a large variety of weaponry, larger than any other game in the series.

I think he said that the customisation aspects will be focused more on your hideout.

I don't think he completely disconfirmed an 'ultimate' outfit though.

kudos17
06-22-2012, 02:41 AM
I'm fine with Connor's current outfit, but I wouldn't mind more options, be they purely cosmetic. I don't want anything that affects gameplay, though.

Let's be honest - armor makes no sense. Armor isn't bulletproof, and even if it resists bayonets / hatchets, it would weight down Connor, who very much wants to be light on his feet. Even more so than Ezio and Altair.

obliviondoll
06-22-2012, 03:04 AM
I still want an outfit for sailing which is based on the French pirate Jacque Moineau. :rolleyes:

WolfTemplar94
06-23-2012, 06:14 PM
I hope we have customizable suits, even if it is just cosmetic. I've seen Connor wearing different things at times, so I wouldn't rule it out, I just hope we get to decide when to wear it :)

A random thought: This most likely won't happen, but it would be cool if we had suits that effected us in different ways. We could have three different aspects, protection, lightness and blending that each suit has different levels of.