PDA

View Full Version : Can't launch Den Defense

SixKeys
06-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Ironically, the one time I actually WANT to play Den Defense, I can't seem to activate it no matter what I do. I'm trying to get the trophy for performing a perfect Den Defense without using the cannon, so I've been going around buying shops and killing guards to raise my notoriety, but no matter how full it gets, nobody ever attacks my dens. Only one of them has a Master Assassin assigned, I've been keeping some of them masterless for this very reason. I thought maybe it somehow wasn't registering my notoriety properly, so I bribed heralds and killed witnesses to "reset" it, then work it up to full again, but still nothing. I'm in memory sequence 4, BTW.

Is this a glitch? Am I doing something wrong?

Turul.
06-21-2012, 06:30 PM
If you're trying to get the iron curtain achievement, go to the memory where you do your first ever den defense.

it's the easiest.

purchase a lot of archers and a lot of gunmen. basically make sure every spot is full.

build barricades and upgrade them to full capacity (dont need them really at the begining, but definitely have them built sometime before the tank thing comes)

took me one try :)

also, Ubi screwed this whole den defense thing up anyways, to trigger den defense you have to TRY. there was only one time where i happened unintentionally

SixKeys
06-21-2012, 07:22 PM
If you're trying to get the iron curtain achievement, go to the memory where you do your first ever den defense.

it's the easiest.

purchase a lot of archers and a lot of gunmen. basically make sure every spot is full.

build barricades and upgrade them to full capacity (dont need them really at the begining, but definitely have them built sometime before the tank thing comes)

took me one try :)

also, Ubi screwed this whole den defense thing up anyways, to trigger den defense you have to TRY. there was only one time where i happened unintentionally

I did manage to launch it once, soon after the tutorial level, and did pretty well, even against the Greek Fire tank. After that, though, I haven't been able to do it again. I guess I'l just have to replay the tutorial level.

LightRey
06-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Btw, it's not triggering because you need full Templar Awareness and then do something (other than renovating shops) that would normally raise it further, like attacking a guard.

SixKeys
06-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Btw, it's not triggering because you need full Templar Awareness and then do something (other than renovating shops) that would normally raise it further, like attacking a guard.

As I said in the first post, I've been doing just that. First I raised the level up high by buying shops and then pushed it over the limit by killing some guards. It gave me the warning that due to Templar awareness some of my dens could get attacked if I kept performing reprehensible acts. Since that's exactly what I was going for, I've been running around killing every guard group I could find. Still nothing is happening. I've done this several times now, that's why I'm wondering if it might be glitched. I was able to launch it once though, so it seems unlikely.

LightRey
06-21-2012, 07:33 PM
As I said in the first post, I've been doing just that. First I raised the level up high by buying shops and then pushed it over the limit by killing some guards. It gave me the warning that due to Templar awareness some of my dens could get attacked if I kept performing reprehensible acts. Since that's exactly what I was going for, I've been running around killing every guard group I could find. Still nothing is happening. I've done this several times now, that's why I'm wondering if it might be glitched. I was able to launch it once though, so it seems unlikely.
Well that is strange. Have you tried using other means to trigger it?

Josegtx13
06-21-2012, 07:40 PM
The same thing happened to me once, and I had to wait an hour in real life before they attacked my den.

This sound similar to the glitch where the bank won't give me any money every 20 minutes.

SixKeys
06-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Well that is strange. Have you tried using other means to trigger it?

Such as? The only ways I can think of to raise notoriety is the shops and killing people. I even managed to accidentally kill a few civilians while unlocking wells and the game still doesn't think me reprehensible enough. :nonchalance: