PDA

View Full Version : An Idea to Fix Launchers

Liquidushime
06-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Grenade/smoke/emp launcher spam is easy to be balanced:

-Grenades Launchers should be Equipment; having a UCAV and a grenade/emp/smoke launcher is OP, having to make the choice would lessen the number of folks playing grenadier.

-Rifleman should have to choose a grenade or grenade/emp/smoke launcher NOT both. Also Launcher + Ammo box should not exist; if they have to make a choice then the amount of spam goes down, and makes the smaller maps less vulnerable to grenade spam. Also Mounted grenade laucher should be equipment OR no resupply on mounted.

-Again Scout has to choose between Augmented camo, Stun mine, claymore and grenade/emp/smoke launcher

Charity Diary
06-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Well, in my opinion, launchers are fine. If someone uses them exclusively, then they just spend more time waiting for their grenades to explode than they do actually shooting people, which can get them killed.

And as for launchers being equipment: I feel like that's a bad idea. A rifleman could have an ACR, an underbarrel frag launcher, a stun gun, and a frag launcher as equipment. Geez... Also, I don't think it would make much sense to "Press LB to deploy grenade launcher".

Scouts are underpowered enough as it is. Don't make them give up their camo or stun mines.

I just think that launchers are fine. They're useful for getting people off of objectives, and for pushing into areas where enemies camp behind cover. I mean, that's what they're meant for. They work great against enemies behind cover, but if you're in a firefight with someone and you have a frag launcher, their bullets will kill you before your grenade kills them. So it's fairly balanced.

Auztinito
06-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Well, in my opinion, launchers are fine. If someone uses them exclusively, then they just spend more time waiting for their grenades to explode than they do actually shooting people, which can get them killed.

And as for launchers being equipment: I feel like that's a bad idea. A rifleman could have an ACR, an underbarrel frag launcher, a stun gun, and a frag launcher as equipment. Geez... Also, I don't think it would make much sense to "Press LB to deploy grenade launcher".

Scouts are underpowered enough as it is. Don't make them give up their camo or stun mines.

I just think that launchers are fine. They're useful for getting people off of objectives, and for pushing into areas where enemies camp behind cover. I mean, that's what they're meant for. They work great against enemies behind cover, but if you're in a firefight with someone and you have a frag launcher, their bullets will kill you before your grenade kills them. So it's fairly balanced.

100% agree

IV-70
06-21-2012, 01:46 PM
I dont think launchers are not as annoying as in other shooters, they are quite weak for my taste.

Still, i see way too many guys using it as a primary, not even trying to get the kill with their regular guns, which shouldnt be the case in my opinion. It should only be an answer to certain tactics, not a tactic itself.

The engineer should focus on gathering intel, relying on the other classes to get the vast majority of kills. With AP rounds the T3 PDRs almost shoot like a assault rifle, so the engi doesnt even have any disadvatages in gun fights anymore.
I think he should not get a GL as a secondary, since he isnt about killing, but i go with my stun gun anyway, it is just so much more valueable to me.

I dont think the rifleman with ammo box and 40MM HEDP Launcher is overpowered, but it just feels wrong to me that he can resuplly himself his nades and GL. This would make way more sense if a 2nd rifleman would have to drop an ammo box for him. so pair the the ammo box against the 40MM HEDP Launcher not he EMP launcher. Maybe allow the scout to drop ammo boxes.
This would also bring more EMP launchers and by this less crying about the gadgets. i dont think people would cry about EMP spamming, right?

Kamakaze Taco
06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't think the complaint is that it's overpowered, just that it's spammed WAY too much. I've been against teams where everyone is running the noob tube and as soon as my team touches an objective it's a rain of frags, which means we have to do the same thing back and at that point you might as well play CoD.

Personally, I would just like to see the grenade launcher paired up against the ammo box, make people actually think about a decision. And just like with the UCAV you only refill half the ammo each time you use the ammo box. Then it could still be used to keep people off an objective, but you wouldn't get squads of riflemen playing mortar team.

Lunytunes
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't mind the snipers having augmented camo but a GL? That's ridiculous. People say Scouts are UP but they have great equipment for defending objectives. You get claymores, stun mines, SMG's that shoot at a ridiculous speed leading to headshots most of the time. These people just don't know how to use the scout properly.

Riflemen should definately be unable to have a GL and an ammo box equiped at the same time... My main problem with GL's is that people use them right after they die. You clear an objective from the enemy and while you're getting it, they run as close as they can and shoot you with a GL which either stops your progress on the objective or kills you. Its like the go-to weapon when you die and its annoying. People want to say that its tactical and they use it against campers, I went 39-12 yesterday as a riflemen and I was flanking like crazy, not once did I use a GL but died by explosives almost the entire game. A friend of mine's went 35 and 4 the same way. People need to realize that its a scrub weapon, plain and simple and work on their aim with the weapons instead of defending this lame excuse of an attachment.

-Sits back, crosses arms and waits for flaming to begin-

Ghorman
06-21-2012, 02:20 PM
My main problem with GL's is that people use them right after they die. You clear an objective from the enemy and while you're getting it, they run as close as they can and shoot you with a GL which either stops your progress on the objective or kills you. Its like the go-to weapon when you die and its annoying. People want to say that its tactical and they use it against campersThis is not a flame but....You just proved that the GL is a tactical weapon. The point of the game is to capture, defend or destory an objective. By them using the GL to get you off the objective that means it was used tacticfully and correctly. As long as the teams are going from the objectives or setting up positions to take the objective I have no issues on what weapons they use or how they use it. If you are dying to a GL a lot maybe your need to change you playing style to keep them guessing.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
After reading the "40mm HE is out of control" thread and seeing how split the community is on the matter, I decided to beat campaign and test them out for myself. After a day of running around with my GL constantly out, I've concluded that the weapon itself is not as devastating as I thought. As someone else touched on, its more of the fact that you can spam the hell out of them that is the problem.

My friend dropped me ammo yesterday and I just sat on the Bodark balcony on pipeline bombarding the other side with my Noob tube. I got 4 resupplies out of one ammo box, THAT'S 10 FRAG ROUNDS. Obviously that needs to be changed, but my overall opinion against the GL itself has softened a bit. It is not the bringer of death and destruction I once thought it was.

Look for the video of my adventures with the GL in the next day or so...

Lunytunes
06-21-2012, 02:46 PM
This is not a flame but....You just proved that the GL is a tactical weapon. The point of the game is to capture, defend or destory an objective. By them using the GL to get you off the objective that means it was used tacticfully and correctly. As long as the teams are going from the objectives or setting up positions to take the objective I have no issues on what weapons they use or how they use it. If you are dying to a GL a lot maybe your need to change you playing style to keep them guessing.

It is a tactic for those who suck. Like I said, I clear an objective, start getting it, the people who I just killed run toward the objective and shoot noob tubes and kill me. Do you know how aggravating it is to be killed by explosives the majority of the time? Change my play style you say? So should I just stay away from objectives altogether? I mean, I clear the objective and get blown up by the same people I just killed so it sounds to me like I should just stay away from objectives. Oh and I do wait until my team advances to provide cover fire while I get the objective but the thing is that all you need is a clear path for your noob tube to soar into the skies and make contact with any surface. You don't even need to see the player because the hud of the objective is big enough to base your shot out of.

It is a tactic for those who lack the capacity to think of something other than fraging enemies. So we'll leave on this note, use the noob tube at your convenience, but don't get mad when people start to avoid you as a player (Xbox360) because you lacked the skill to get kills without a noob tube.

P.S. it always seems to be the player with the less kills in the game who gets the majority of them with explosives.

Ghorman
06-21-2012, 02:54 PM
It is a tactic for those who suck. Like I said, I clear an objective, start getting it, the people who I just killed run toward the objective and shoot noob tubes and kill me. Do you know how aggravating it is to be killed by explosives the majority of the time? Change my play style you say? So should I just stay away from objectives altogether? I mean, I clear the objective and get blown up by the same people I just killed so it sounds to me like I should just stay away from objectives. Oh and I do wait until my team advances to provide cover fire while I get the objective but the thing is that all you need is a clear path for your noob tube to soar into the skies and make contact with any surface. You don't even need to see the player because the hud of the objective is big enough to base your shot out of.

It is a tactic for those who lack the capacity to think of something other than fraging enemies. So we'll leave on this note, use the noob tube at your convenience, but don't get mad when people start to avoid you as a player (Xbox360) because you lacked the skill to get kills without a noob tube.

P.S. it always seems to be the player with the less kills in the game who gets the majority of them with explosives.For some reason players think their way of playing is the only correct way to play. You need to realize people are different and they play different. Your post pretty much sound like you are crying about a weapon. Maybe work with your team to cut them off and setup a killzone to protect the objecvtive. You'll be surpirse that communication is your best weapon. The players I see *****ing about the GL seem to be one dimensional in their playstyle and can't seem to adjust.

Lunytunes
06-21-2012, 02:57 PM
For some reason players think their way of playing is the only correct way to play. You need to realize people are different and they play different. Your post pretty much sound like you are crying about a weapon. Maybe work with your team to cut them off and setup a killzone to protect the objecvtive. You'll be surpirse that communication is your best weapon. The players I see *****ing about the GL seem to be one dimensional in their playstyle and can't seem to adjust.

Before I even go any further, do you use a GL? If so, how many kills do you get per round with it?

Ghorman
06-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Before I even go any further, do you use a GL? If so, how many kills do you get per round with it?I use it and I get about 1/3 of my kills from it. But shouldn't the correct question be how many times do I get killed by it? We are talking about it being OP. If it was OP then it would be the majority of my deaths which it is not.

The1Mountaineer
06-21-2012, 03:18 PM

1st By themselves Noobs are NOT Overpowered but become overpowered when being constantly RESUPPLING
100% Disagree... You are talking about a COD player playing GRFS or you are not playing the objective...More times than not if my team is setting C4 in Decoy or planting the Bomb in saboteur at least 1 or 2 players will start noobing the objective....

I was on a Squad of 5 players in which 2 were using Noobtubes with Resupply and the other 2 ran as engineers while staying a little in front of them...

Throw a sensor launch noobs and grenades at RED Guys then run over and finish of the players that are hitting their Life Protector Button while they are trying to get up…Then Repeat

Noobs are becoming more widely used from players understanding that if your are defending an objective you can simply spam the choke points or objective with noobs

Lunytunes
06-21-2012, 04:34 PM
I use it and I get about 1/3 of my kills from it. But shouldn't the correct question be how many times do I get killed by it? We are talking about it being OP. If it was OP then it would be the majority of my deaths which it is not.

1/3?

So let's say you have a good game and get 21 kills, 7 of those kills would have been with a noob tube. Those numbers are not bad on their own, but when you add three other players who are getting kills with the GL, you increase that number so the problem is not the GL being over powered, the problem is that its being over used. I don't know about you but I don't want to see this game turn into a frag fest as soon as everybody unlocks a noob tube which is the way it seems to be heading.

What the devs need to do is decrease the amount of noob tube rounds to 1 and increase grenades to 2. Befoe you even sa they are the same, they are not, they differ in range and my main problem with the noob tube is tha you can shoot a frag at somebody from long range.

Bajan Elite
06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
For some reason players think their way of playing is the only correct way to play. You need to realize people are different and they play different. Your post pretty much sound like you are crying about a weapon. Maybe work with your team to cut them off and setup a killzone to protect the objecvtive. You'll be surpirse that communication is your best weapon. The players I see *****ing about the GL seem to be one dimensional in their playstyle and can't seem to adjust.

Well said sir, if the enemy is spamming GL on the objective and killing your entire team then your team needs to move up cover flanks and push the enemy back while you capture.

I use the GL and while i don't think its needs to be nerfed I won't complain if it does. Though if they do something about it then something needs to be done the UCAV. When it shoots grenades you have no idea which direction it is coming from. Also it can be resupplied with a Rifleman's ammo box. This is another reason why EMPL need to stay as secondary weapons for the Scout and Engineer. I have the EMP launcher equipped for both Scout and Engineer, so i can take care of UVCAV, I don't that interfering with my defense setups that involve claymores and Sentry Turrets. I know Turrets take out UCAVs but not quick enough to save my teammates.

Bajan Elite
06-21-2012, 06:01 PM
1/3?

So let's say you have a good game and get 21 kills, 7 of those kills would have been with a noob tube. Those numbers are not bad on their own, but when you add three other players who are getting kills with the GL, you increase that number so the problem is not the GL being over powered, the problem is that its being over used. I don't know about you but I don't want to see this game turn into a frag fest as soon as everybody unlocks a noob tube which is the way it seems to be heading.

What the devs need to do is decrease the amount of noob tube rounds to 1 and increase grenades to 2. Befoe you even sa they are the same, they are not, they differ in range and my main problem with the noob tube is tha you can shoot a frag at somebody from long range.

That is the reason for the GL. To be able to launch it long distances. There is only so far that you can throw a grenade.

The1Mountaineer
06-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Well said sir, if the enemy is spamming GL on the objective and killing your entire team then your team needs to move up cover flanks and push the enemy back while you capture.

I use the GL and while i don't think its needs to be nerfed I won't complain if it does. Though if they do something about it then something needs to be done the UCAV. When it shoots grenades you have no idea which direction it is coming from. Also it can be resupplied with a Rifleman's ammo box. This is another reason why EMPL need to stay as secondary weapons for the Scout and Engineer. I have the EMP launcher equipped for both Scout and Engineer, so i can take care of UVCAV, I don't that interfering with my defense setups that involve claymores and Sentry Turrets. I know Turrets take out UCAVs but not quick enough to save my teammates.

I don't think people are CRYING, I feel they are stating the OBVIOUS...That giving the ability to resupply GL is a ridiculous idea. Also it makes NO sense to allow the GL to have 2 grenades while you can only carry 1 frag grenade to throw…

Question to UBI….Why limit frags to 1 while supplying 2 GLs?

My opinion: Leave NoobTubes in the game but limit them to either 1 tube at a time or make them non-supply-able

Lunytunes
06-21-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't think people are CRYING, I feel they are stating the OBVIOUS...That giving the ability to resupply GL is a ridiculous idea. Also it makes NO sense to allow the GL to have 2 grenades while you can only carry 1 frag grenade to throw…

Question to UBI….Why limit frags to 1 while supplying 2 GLs?

My opinion: Leave NoobTubes in the game but limit them to either 1 tube at a time or make them non-supply-able

Yes. Couldn't agree more. I want two grenades.

The1Mountaineer
06-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes. Couldn't agree more. I want two grenades.

With NO Resupplies correct?

Novary
06-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Launchers are fine. Stop posting this ****.

Novary
06-21-2012, 08:34 PM

I use the GL and while i don't think its needs to be nerfed I won't complain if it does. Though if they do something about it then something needs to be done the UCAV. When it shoots grenades you have no idea which direction it is coming from. Also it can be resupplied with a Rifleman's ammo box. This is another reason why EMPL need to stay as secondary weapons for the Scout and Engineer. I have the EMP launcher equipped for both Scout and Engineer, so i can take care of UVCAV, I don't that interfering with my defense setups that involve claymores and Sentry Turrets. I know Turrets take out UCAVs but not quick enough to save my teammates.This is what I noticed too. People don't know how to play supportive roles. They think covering the guy capturing the objective is by standing right in front of him. All you're doing is lining up a double kill for the enemy. Learn to use cover and aggression at a forward position that keeps the enemy back or out of range of your teammate who is capturing the objective. Grenade launchers and fragmentation is effective around clustering idiots. Nobody knows how to use tactics, and logic. The GL, and frags are there to deny camping. Being able to restock anything is realistic. These cry babies have inspired me to use the GL more often, and send taunting messages now.

Lunytunes
06-21-2012, 09:03 PM
This is what I noticed too. People don't know how to play supportive roles. They think covering the guy capturing the objective is by standing right in front of him. All you're doing is lining up a double kill for the enemy. Learn to use cover and aggression at a forward position that keeps the enemy back or out of range of your teammate who is capturing the objective. Grenade launchers and fragmentation is effective around clustering idiots. Nobody knows how to use tactics, and logic. The GL, and frags are there to deny camping. Being able to restock anything is realistic. These cry babies have inspired me to use the GL more often, and send taunting messages now.

Lol at people who don't know that covering someone means watching a path toward the objective and not standing right on it. You guys try to make it seems like people who complain about GL's are just standing there waving at the enemy. Like I said time and time again, I clear the objective, wait for my team to cover it, then capture it and BOOM. There goes the sissy I just gt done killing not so long ago so now I have to restart taking the objective because I was sent flying back or respawn because sissy boy killed me with a GL.

Do you guys really think we just run to the objective with all of these GL's going on? I don't, I secure then capture or cover, but sissy boy gets his boom boom stick and shoots a bomb from 90 meters away and sends me flying.

Limit the noob tube to one shot
Grenades to two
Both can be resuplied

If you need two GL shots, you're a disgrace, not because I say so, but because those who can't get the job done with one shot are nothing but a joke.

Chaos Isaac
06-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Lol at people who don't know that covering someone means watching a path toward the objective and not standing right on it.

Hey, don't knock those guys. I've had some amazing random Riflemen buddies use their armored bodies as a barrier between me and some of the long clear shots Ghost team gets on some objectives. (Shining example was two Riflemen being human shields on Mill while I was taking the objective just past the vehicle... Funny enough neither died.)

The1Mountaineer
06-21-2012, 09:34 PM
This is what I noticed too. People don't know how to play supportive roles. They think covering the guy capturing the objective is by standing right in front of him. All you're doing is lining up a double kill for the enemy. Learn to use cover and aggression at a forward position that keeps the enemy back or out of range of your teammate who is capturing the objective. Grenade launchers and fragmentation is effective around clustering idiots. Nobody knows how to use tactics, and logic. The GL, and frags are there to deny camping. Being able to restock anything is realistic. These cry babies have inspired me to use the GL more often, and send taunting messages now.

So you think I should be able to resupply my claymores, stun mines and sentries. Also I should be able to place down more than 2 claymores and 1 sentry since we are trying to be REALISTIC.

GLs are designed for the weaker player as a crutch which I have no issue with it is the COD player standing back behind cover spamming tubes that I have issues with and the simple fix is limit the amount of tubes you can spam.

Bajan Elite
06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Lol at people who don't know that covering someone means watching a path toward the objective and not standing right on it. You guys try to make it seems like people who complain about GL's are just standing there waving at the enemy. Like I said time and time again, I clear the objective, wait for my team to cover it, then capture it and BOOM. There goes the sissy I just gt done killing not so long ago so now I have to restart taking the objective because I was sent flying back or respawn because sissy boy killed me with a GL.

Do you guys really think we just run to the objective with all of these GL's going on? I don't, I secure then capture or cover, but sissy boy gets his boom boom stick and shoots a bomb from 90 meters away and sends me flying.

Limit the noob tube to one shot
Grenades to two
Both can be resuplied

If you need two GL shots, you're a disgrace, not because I say so, but because those who can't get the job done with one shot are nothing but a joke.

Really? Last time i checked one grenade doesn't always kill an enemy seeing as they get knocked down from time to time. Let's not forget this people don't always die when they are supposed to do to lag/hit detection issues.

Also i know not every just stands around the objectives, but a lot of people do but either way everyone taking cover in close proximity of the objective instead of spreading out and setting up choke points and making sure the enemies are pushed back is setting themselves up for a flush out. Plus this game has been out for a month now, if this keeps happening to you and your team and you can't find a way to deal with it then that's your fault. Have someone get a UCAV up find the Rifleman and EMP them, it will take out there ammo boxes. Have some teammates set up a little further up to cut off enemies, have UAVs out, sensor grenades, have Snipers watching. GL Rifleman need to aim out from behind cover to shoot, this leaves them open. Come up with strategies that work. You can have your team setup to where they can keep the enemies back, pick off anyone they see, and make sure no one gets past them to flank you. I have played matches against GL spammers, my team played smart, and the enemy eventually gave up. Many quit.

Lunytunes
06-22-2012, 12:15 AM
This game puts you in a room of strangers and you expect all of them to get tactical? Come on...