PDA

View Full Version : couple questions first AC

razmat2012
06-20-2012, 08:25 PM
hi all , new to game and forum. wondering how to read the minimap. i can see the objective marker and north . but i cannot see where i am or which way i am pointing. how can i tell when i am facing towards the objective square (or anything else ) so i can move towards it? am i the reticle in the center? and some numbers pop up sometimes.

also i heard that this is a sandbox type of game: though i been playin a while (just past when i get demoted looking for traitor) , and it seems there"s been little actual gameplay and a ton of cutscenes , almost like a movie at times. does it open up more? thanks

also i guess there is no subtitles?

oliacr
06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
welcome, on the minimap you are a small triangle, and for subtitles use options ...

razmat2012
06-20-2012, 10:40 PM
ok , i'll look for triangle . i did'nt see any subtitle options in any of the menu's. thanks

razmat2012
06-21-2012, 12:04 AM
well i looked but i do not see any small triangle that represents me on the minimap. i see one on the full map when i open it.

SixKeys
06-21-2012, 02:08 AM
There are no subtitles in the first game and the mini-map works a bit differently than in later games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0e_EKP75mE

If you look at the gameplay in this video, you can get a feeling for how the mini-map works. The player is the little X in the middle and the icons that show up from time to time will get closer to the middle of the mini-map as you near them. So if you see for example an eagle icon (indicating a viewpoint) getting closer, turn the camera towards the icon, then keep going until the icon gets closer.