PDA

View Full Version : How i get around the infinite loading screen

WVREBEL602007
06-20-2012, 03:05 PM
I Submit this to all the gamers experiencing this issue. Is it a solution to the problem? No it's not. However, it allows me to party up or lone wolf it to play online. I donít know why it works, but thus far it's worked for me every time. Take it however you will.

My current character setup is
Level 41 Scout / lvl 50 Rifleman / lvl 50 Eng / lvl 32 eng / lvl 0 rifleman / lvl 0 rifleman or
1 2 3 4 5 6

Here is my workaround if you will

Whenever I start my 360 to play each day, the first thing I do is go to my 6th lvl 0 rifleman in the character selection screen.

I follow the prompts to replace the character. Ultimately, I just replace the rifleman with a rifleman.
You may have to experiment with your 4th thru 6th characters. I suggest starting with the 6th character and working your way backwards following the above procedure.

Example
Replace 6th character, try to connect to MP, did it work? Yes Ė great donít delete anything else and play/ No Ė dashboard, restart the game, replace 6th and 5th character and try again.

Will this work for you? Truth be told, I donít know. Should you have to do this? No you shouldn't . I just simply post it so that you can experiment with it and see if it allows you to connect and be able to play until the actual problem is addressed and corrected.

Kealakai Pena
06-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Firstly... are you Jim Carrey?

WVREBEL602007
06-21-2012, 12:53 AM
no sir... why?

Kealakai Pena
06-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Great joke. Seriously its impossible

JESTER760
06-21-2012, 04:39 AM
ok i seen someone say if your in someone elses party you can get in games but idk i play with randoms
im currently playing under 1 of my other accounts and im having no problems

WombatT6
06-21-2012, 05:36 AM
ok i seen someone say if your in someone elses party you can get in games but idk i play with randoms
im currently playing under 1 of my other accounts and im having no problems

One of the few things I miss about being a PS player.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/22332182.jpg

JESTER760
06-21-2012, 09:08 AM
OK *WVREBEL602007 your idea

I logged on and went to characters in my case 4th was a lvl 16 riflemam 5th is lvl 22 scout 6th lvl 0 engineer so i replaced my 4th slot rifleman with another rifleman i stayed on him backed out
then went to join game and you know WTF HAPPENED NEXT WELL DO YOU!!!!???? i got in a game thats what

there is a catch each time i login i have to replace my 4th slot character which is lvl 0 so no problem

you are my hero thanks for your research

JESTER760
06-21-2012, 09:09 AM

I logged on and went to characters in my case 4th was a lvl 16 riflemam 5th is lvl 22 scout 6th lvl 0 engineer so i replaced my 4th slot rifleman with another rifleman i stayed on him backed out
then went to join game and you know WTF HAPPENED NEXT WELL DO YOU!!!!???? i got in a game thats what

there is a catch each time i login i have to replace my 4th slot character which is lvl 0 so no problem

Csmokey
06-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Jester760 or WVREBEL602007,

Did either of you get extra respec tokens and character slots in your multiplayer progression?

That is, as you progressed.... when you had one level 50 charcter did you have 4 or 5 characters available?
When you had two level 50 characters did you have 5 or 6 characters available?

Thank you for your feedback,
Csmokey

JESTER760
06-21-2012, 09:40 AM
i got a respec token for each of my lvl 50's and had that 1 you get at lvl 4 i think it is. so i have 2 respec tokens right now because i used 2 already

i only got my extra characters when i maxed 1 of the original characters
1st lvl 50 i got 4th character
2nd lvl 50 i got 5th character
3rd lvl 50 i got 6st character

i have never lost levels on any of my characters knock on wood so all my extra characters were unlocked regularly

hope this helps you anything else just ask

JESTER760
06-21-2012, 09:41 AM
i got a respec token for each of my lvl 50's and had that 1 you get at lvl 4 i think it is. so i have 2 respec tokens right now because i used 2 already

i only got my extra characters when i maxed 1 of the original characters
1st lvl 50 i got 4th character
2nd lvl 50 i got 5th character
3rd lvl 50 i got 6st character

i have never lost levels on any of my characters knock on wood so all my extra characters were unlocked regularly

hope this helps you anything else just ask

WVREBEL602007
06-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Jester760 or WVREBEL602007,

Did either of you get extra respec tokens and character slots in your multiplayer progression?

That is, as you progressed.... when you had one level 50 charcter did you have 4 or 5 characters available?
When you had two level 50 characters did you have 5 or 6 characters available?

Thank you for your feedback,
Csmokey

I sent you a PM Csmokey

WVREBEL602007
06-21-2012, 12:57 PM

EXCELLENT!!! I'm glad it worked for you Jester... it has worked for one other forum member as well... yes you have to do that each time to play, I guess I didn't make that very clear in my post...

WVREBEL602007
06-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Great joke. Seriously its impossible

wasn't a joke, just trying to help frustrated gamers... Sorry that you think it's impossible or a joke. I just know it's what I do everyday and I play waiting on a patch just like everyone else.....

llHolocausell
06-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Glitch must work a bit differently then from PS3 to 360 users. I've somewhat been able to recreate wvrebel's anomaly before, but recently have not been able to recreate it. And in either case all it allows me to do is play with randoms as it will not let me party up with friends. And in my case it would only work if I do a Clear Cache operation first.

Still awaits a REAL fix to this problem.

JESTER760
06-21-2012, 01:27 PM
*WVREBEL602007 hey good find go tell ubi you want a job there lol

also i just saw *Ubi-Brock posted in a thread that they know what caused this its all the fluff and they have the fix and it will be in the patch

WVREBEL602007
06-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Glitch must work a bit differently then from PS3 to 360 users. I've somewhat been able to recreate wvrebel's anomaly before, but recently have not been able to recreate it. And in either case all it allows me to do is play with randoms as it will not let me party up with friends. And in my case it would only work if I do a Clear Cache operation first.

Still awaits a REAL fix to this problem.

Sorry it hasn't worked for you holcause.... If I knew anything else to do I would certainly pass it along to you....

WVREBEL602007
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
*WVREBEL602007 hey good find go tell ubi you want a job there lol

also i just saw *Ubi-Brock posted in a thread that they know what caused this its all the fluff and they have the fix and it will be in the patch

Just glad it worked for you, atleast until a real fix is found. Regarding a job with ubi... Uhhhh no thnks, I can't imagine the headaches and sleepless nights developers have.... besides, I was reluctant to publicly post it anyway, due to the pessimistic folks....

BlackStarZeero
06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
So you are going to tell me everyone tried everything but replacing a character? That's sad. My friend had this before it was even posted on the forum and all he did was replace all his characters. It's very sad. Atleast you found a way to play. The whole losing lvl thing my friend lost 20lvl on his refleman, complained about it. After couple of games it reset his guy back to the former lvl.

llHolocausell
06-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Out of curiosity, what game version does it say on your games? (you can find this out by going to the 'extras' part of the main menu). Mine says v1.2.3 p0x0. Is this the same for everyone else as I have no frame of reference for this.

WVREBEL602007
06-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Out of curiosity, what game version does it say on your games? (you can find this out by going to the 'extras' part of the main menu). Mine says v1.2.3 p0x0. Is this the same for everyone else as I have no frame of reference for this.

I'll have to check my version later this evening for you Holocause and I'll get back to you...

WVREBEL602007
06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
So you are going to tell me everyone tried everything but replacing a character? That's sad. My friend had this before it was even posted on the forum and all he did was replace all his characters. It's very sad. Atleast you found a way to play. The whole losing lvl thing my friend lost 20lvl on his refleman, complained about it. After couple of games it reset his guy back to the former lvl.

I just simply posted what appears to be working for me BlackStarZeero so that others my continue to play the game until the issues is resolved...

iLLmaticz02
06-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Blackstar your an idiot of course we tried replacing the characters that's not the work around the complete work around is doing it to 1 of the 3(4,5,r6)every time u boot the game...ur friend don't get credit....REBEL does ...good find works for me thanks again

llHolocausell
06-21-2012, 08:50 PM
So after giving it a go again today, yep vwreb, I can consistently get into a match now. Here's how I go about it for my game, ofcourse it could be different from player to player.

Just sharing this info too for others to cross-reference with their experience.

So I've been able to recreate this confidently 3 time today, things I've learned:

Xbox 360
HDD Clear Cache prior to booting of game is not necessary.
Upon loading of my game, I check my version of the game build, as of posting mine right now is on v 1.2.3 p:0x1 (Find this in the 'Extras' section of the main menu).

I have to then re-'zero' my character slots 3,4,5,6. Very important for me to do this first. If I join a game without re-zero-ing first, game will not let me out of the loading screen. Oh and just as wvreb has mentioned, I have to do this every reboot of the game.

Also in my troubleshooting, simply replacing a rifleman with another rifleman doesn't get me out of the loading screen predicament. I have to first replace my rifleman with a different class character (scout or engi) and accept the 'replace', Once that is done I have to 'replace' that character again to what it was as a default character. From what I can recall, slot 3 is by default a rifleman, slot 4 is default a scout, slot 5 is an engi, and slot 6 is a rifleman. Haven't thoroughly tested all the number of combinations out there but I'm confident that when my slots are aranged in that way, the game works and gets me past the loading screen, If I don't do it this way with my game, it won't work and I get stuck in the loading screen. I can't even really confirm if it has to be all slots 3,4,5 and 6 or its just a combination of those, there's too many and I'm too tired to really figure out which slot is really the one that is giving all the conflict. All I know is slot 1 and 2 work for me and zero-ing out 3-6 is what is working for me at the moment.

Also I am now able to play with my friends. The thing though, in the instances when the game does work for me, I have to be the party leader and send out the invites to the rest of my friends to squad-up. The work-around does not work for me if I have to join a pre-existing friend lobby, if I do that, the game simply freezes and I have to reboot my xbox. For us to party-up, I have to be the party leader.

Anyway, kinda at least happy that there's a consistent remedy at the moment for me to at least play the game, First time I was able to play again with my friends in 3 days. In my first outing I went 25-2 just from the sheer joy of playing with buddies.

Again though, this is just a jury-rig for some of us to get to play the game. The game in of itself should not be like this. Ubi, step up and do the right thing., FIX IT!!!

http://a3.img.mobypicture.com/f7d9c3e0ce9fe405cf3ec5137afd3f9f_view.jpg

xtraordnry0129
06-21-2012, 08:57 PM
So after giving it a go again today, yep vwreb, I can consistently get into a match now. Here's how I go about it for my game, ofcourse it could be different from player to player.

Just sharing this info too for others to cross-reference with their experience.

So I've been able to recreate this confidently 3 time today, things I've learned:

Xbox 360
HDD Clear Cache prior to booting of game is not necessary.
Upon loading of my game, I check my version of the game build, as of posting mine right now is on v 1.2.3 p:0x1 (Find this in the 'Extras' section of the main menu).

I have to then re-'zero' my character slots 3,4,5,6. Very important for me to do this first. If I join a game without re-zero-ing first, game will not let me out of the loading screen.

Also in my troubleshooting, simply replacing a rifleman with another rifleman doesn't get me out of the loading screen predicament. I have to first replace my rifleman with a different class character (scout or engi) and accept the 'replace', Once that is done I have to 'replace' that character again to what it was as a default character. From what I can recall, slot 3 is by default a rifleman, slot 4 is default a scout, slot 5 is an engi, and slot 6 is a rifleman. Haven't thoroughly tested all the number of combinations out there but I'm confident that when my slots are aranged in that way, the game works and gets me past the loading screen, If I don't do it this way with my game, it won't work and I get stuck in the loading screen. I can't even really confirm if it has to be all slots 3,4,5 and 6 or its just a combination of those, there's too many and I'm too tired to really figure out which slot is really the one that is giving all the conflict. All I know is slot 1 and 2 work for me and zero-ing out 3-6 is what is working for me at the moment.

Also I am now able to play with my friends. The thing though, in the instances when the game does work for me, I have to be the party leader and send out the invites to the rest of my friends to squad-up. The work-around does not work for me if I have to join a pre-existing friend lobby, if I do that, the game simply freezes and I have to reboot my xbox. For us to party-up, I have to be the party leader.

Anyway, kinda at least happy that there's a consistent remedy at the moment for me to at least play the game, First time I was able to play again with my friends in 3 days. In my first outing I went 25-2 just from the sheer joy of playing with buddies.

Again though, this is just a jury-rig for some of us to get to play the game. The game in of itself should not be like this. Ubi, step up and do the right thing., FIX IT!!!

http://a3.img.mobypicture.com/f7d9c3e0ce9fe405cf3ec5137afd3f9f_view.jpg
Having the almost exact same issue as mentioned above. It needs to be fixed. FAST.

EvilPixieGrrr
06-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Ubi-Brock addressed this issue in another post, but I'll link you here because it's not always easy to find individual posts. Here ya go: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/680548-Unable-to-play-now?p=8401785&viewfull=1#post8401785

Sorry for the frustration. The permanent fix will be done in the next week and a half.

xtraordnry0129
06-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Ubi-Brock addressed this issue in another post, but I'll link you here because it's not always easy to find individual posts. Here ya go: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/680548-Unable-to-play-now?p=8401785&viewfull=1#post8401785

Sorry for the frustration. The permanent fix will be done in the next week and a half.
Thank you. And I'm also glad to know the ETA,

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Sticking this until it is fixed.

llHolocausell
06-25-2012, 05:57 AM
So what happened? I thought this thread was stickied? Did it suddenly dawn on you guys that this was an admission of a shortcoming in the development in the game and that having it in the top of every page was somehow a bad idea now? And then unsticky-ing it hoping it would get buried deep among the other pile of complaint threads?

You said you'd keep this stickied until the issue was fixed. I just went and booted up my profile to check, guess what? It's still not fixed!!! Just who the heck is running this monkey house?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-25-2012, 05:30 PM
The link to this thread has been added to the support thread here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/677084-Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier-FAQ-support-and-other-important-links in order to reduce the amount of stickies. Please be aware there is maintenance tomorrow to temporary fix this issue http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/685760-*important*-June-26th-server-maintenance

GhostRecon941
06-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Still stuck on loading screen! Xbox 360 6-27-12. Has been this way for 5 days now! Help !!

llHolocausell
06-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Have you tried the workaround mentioned in the first few pages of this thread?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Have you tried the workaround mentioned in the first few pages of this thread?

Here is the link to the workaround http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/684732-How-i-get-around-the-infinite-loading-screen We will update you when we know more.

JESTER760
06-28-2012, 12:26 PM
after the june 26 maintenance i haven't experienced the infinite load screen

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-28-2012, 01:17 PM
after the june 26 maintenance i haven't experienced the infinite load screen

This is good to hear.

Cthulhus Lawyer
06-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Ive had this bug since i hit 50 across the board.... no luck so far
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22215296.jpg