PDA

View Full Version : What happens if Desmond doesn't save the world in time?

Turul.
06-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Been looking at a bunch of theories about Desmond and his role in saving the planet, assuming it will undergo a catastrophic event.

But what happens if he doesn't save it?
Desmond saving the world is predictable, but that isn't Corey May's style, so....what happens?

If he doesn't save the world, does the cycle repeat?

xx-pyro
06-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Who knows? That would be a way to leave the future open for more games, but I think they want to resolve this story a bit better than "to possible be continued..." That's just my opinion though.

JCearlyyears
06-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Spoilers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfhPoA0t9Nc&feature=player_detailpage

xXMrGR1NCHXx
06-19-2012, 11:01 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com/world-exploding.jpg

TheHumanTowel
06-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Spoilers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfhPoA0t9Nc&feature=player_detailpage
God that cinematic is awful

Azula2005
06-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Kaboom!

JCearlyyears
06-19-2012, 11:42 PM
God that cinematic is awful

I like it...

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 11:48 PM
We will have 5 more games with Desmond trying to rebuild the world

yay?

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Are you people truly this bored ? What happens if Desmond fails ? seriously ?

Turul.
06-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Are you people truly this bored ? What happens if Desmond fails ? seriously ?

you're rude, and condescending.

I'm just trying to have a legitimate discussion, about something that i felt was relevant, please refrain from posting if you cannot be constructive.

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 11:56 PM
you're rude, and condescending.

I'm just trying to have a legitimate discussion, about something that i felt was relevant, please refrain from posting if you cannot be constructive.
Rude ? Condescending ? I just called you bored..Yes Bored, I can be bored, Mother can be bored and the president can be bored..
I just said my opinion on this thread, man so sorry

Turul.
06-20-2012, 12:04 AM
You were implying my question was silly or out of the realm of possibility. You were implying I shouldn't be posting, like my topic was a joke or something.

Yes, I think you're rude and condescending, not only this time, but in many other posts.

Assassin_M
06-20-2012, 12:08 AM
You were implying my question was silly or out of the realm of possibility. You were implying I shouldn't be posting, like my topic was a joke or something.

Yes, I think you're rude and condescending, not only this time, but in many other posts.
How did you know what I was implying ?? did you magically read my mind ?? MY GOD !! I just called you bored, man
That was a lot kinder than what I call some other people around here, and by what right do you judge my posts ?? and Yes I think this topic is a result of being BORED..
I did not call you a "Infidel waste of space who shouldn't post here" My GOD I just called you bored.. WHAT THE HELL ?? BORED !! is that an insult now ? in 2012 ? are people really this sensitive ? Im sorry, man. I really am, but MY GOD !! BORED ??!!

Turul.
06-20-2012, 12:15 AM
You obviously don't understand how your post could have been conceived as disrespectful or rude.

So unless you have something to say that's relevant to the topic, you should not post in this thread.

Assassin_M
06-20-2012, 12:16 AM
You obviously don't understand how your post could have been conceived as disrespectful or rude.

So unless you have something to say that's relevant to the topic, you should not post in this thread.
Can I apologize now ?

Sick_one12
06-20-2012, 12:16 AM
I think M was reffering to the fact that nothing will happen when Desmond fails at saving the world,because nothing can be done when earth is glass

Thats why he thinks the thread is pointless

And when threads are pointless people usually were bored when making them:)

Dont take it so seriously, M usually isnt someone who is rude or offending;)

Assassin_M
06-20-2012, 12:21 AM
I think M was reffering to the fact that nothing will happen when Desmond fails at saving the world,because nothing can be done when earth is glass

Yes, the lack of information is obviously getting people bored so they just want to think about SOMETHING rather than wait for information... Is that so wrong ? is me pointing that out RUDE ??

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Yes, the lack of information is obviously getting people bored so they just want to think about SOMETHING rather than wait for information... Is that so wrong ? is me pointing that out RUDE ??In your opinion this thread is made out of boredom/useless etc. Your opinion =/= fact. Turul obviously didn't made it as a troll/joke thread, he/she is interested in discussing it and he may discuss any AC-related topic he wants on AC FORUMS, as anyone else can. Don't like the thread? Ignore it and don't post in it. It's that simple.

Turul.
06-20-2012, 12:26 AM

I felt disrespected, he made me feel like my posts and ideas were stupid and unnecessary. The way he says this just rubs me the wrong way.

Turul.
06-20-2012, 12:27 AM
In your opinion this thread is made out of boredom/useless etc. Your opinion =/= fact. Turul obviously didn't made it as a troll/joke thread, he/she is interested in discussing it and he may discuss any AC-related topic he wants on AC FORUMS, as anyone else can. Don't like the thread? Ignore it and don't post in it. It's that simple.

what he said ^

Assassin_M
06-20-2012, 12:30 AM
In your opinion this thread is made out of boredom/useless etc. Your opinion =/= fact. Turul obviously didn't made it as a troll/joke thread, he/she is interested in discussing it and he may discuss any AC-related topic he wants on AC FORUMS, as anyone else can. Don't like the thread? Ignore it and don't post in it. It's that simple.
Who ever said that Boredom = useless ?? When was that rule made ? and I didn't ever present my opinion as fact, and I did not say that this a troll/joke thread, and FOR GOD`s SAKE I didn't breach his right to discuss..
I only think, IN MY OPINION WHICH IS TOTALLY NOT FACT, that people are bored by the lack of Information regarding the game so rather than wait, they discuss things that, ALSO IN MY OPINION AND IS NOT ENTIRELY FACT, will not lead us anywhere and may, ALSO MY OPINION, not lead to a fruitful discussion. thats it
There are types of threads in this place, THIS THREAD IS RELEVANT AND CAN BE DISCUSSED, but IN MY OPINION was created due to the lack of information..

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 12:34 AM
but IN MY OPINION was created due to the lack of information..Great! We've heard it more than once already! Thank you, see you in other threads!

On topic. I can see devs themselves pulling this off, having Desmond fail (or succeed only a bit by, let's say, saving some people for future). This would kind of reset the universe, something like ME3 ending. Not unrealistic. It's almost granted that they will have some kind of a final big twist.

naran6142
06-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Dunno why, but im feeling a little bored today...

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Dunno why, but im feeling a little bored today...

>_> why do you people like this torture lmao

OT: I have been having a feeling that Desmond most likely will not be saving the world. I believe that he will be in the vault and forced to repopulate the world with this mysterious woman that has been talked about since AC:B....that why they need him to find this girl so that his lineage can always have a high enough concitration of TWCB DNA so they can guide them through the Assassin/Templar war in the future. That is why Clay in AC:B states, "It's too late to save them. Everything that you hope to become, everything you hold dear. It's already gone."

Azurefeatherfly
06-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Personally, I do not see this happening. this would throw off a lot of story pillars that construct the core of the Assassin's Creed universe. The games of the franchise need the Animus, a modern protagonist, a historical protagonist, a historical period and location that is unique, and the constant war waged between Templars and Assassins.

If Desmond does not succeed, it could be very messy to incorporate all these essential parts after a complete reset of the universe.

sticks165
06-20-2012, 12:49 AM
lol if desmond fails to save the world everyone dies or they get controlled by abstergo.

im bored.

Assassin_M
06-20-2012, 12:50 AM
lol if desmond fails to save the world everyone dies
lol ?? he`s gonna call you rude..

Calvarok
06-20-2012, 12:52 AM
To everybody saying it would be a subversive or "deep" ending, no it wouldn't. It would be a lazy cop-out ending, and it would mean that we played through the last FOUR. (FOUR) games for absolutely nothing. If you want to make the hero lose you don't stretch things out to five effing games. Sure, fine, Desmond could die. That's OK. But he should succeed first.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 01:25 AM
☼.☼ I am about Ľ of the way sure that we may get a WTF moment in this last game lol.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 01:31 AM
☼.☼ I am about Ľ of the way sure that we may get a WTF moment in this last game lol.
Corey actually already mentioned that there's a big spoiler/surprise with Ratonhnhaké:ton and why he is the way he is (reserved, wants to help people etc) aside from just having his village attacked and being an outsider due to his ethnicity.

But that's for Ratonhnhaké:ton, I wonder if there's gonna be big story twist, related to Desmond/TWCB/Temples etc

rileypoole1234
06-20-2012, 01:35 AM
I'm assuming if Desmond fails, the same thing that happens in that cutscene that was posted will happen again.

That wouldn't be good.

I'm bored.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 01:36 AM
↑ I really hope there are a lot of awesome secrets that will be revealed in AC3, like for example, I hope they show us why the female symbol is shown to us at the end of AC:R♀ ☺ ☻

JCearlyyears
06-20-2012, 02:12 AM
When?

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 02:41 AM
When?

umm preferably somewhere in the dialogue with Desmond and Juno in AC3 ?

JCearlyyears
06-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Haha okay.

Turul.
06-20-2012, 03:06 AM
lol ?? he`s gonna call you rude..

That's not why I called you rude. I called you rude because you insinuated that this topic was of poor quality/stupid/not relevant.....like it was something that was foolish to talk about.
You're immature.

OT: I've just got this weird feeling that this entire series are just repeated events.
The ones who came before were reincarnations, how did they die?
And doesn't that mean they'll come back?
Would this Cataclysm prevent their return or are they just trying to help humanity?

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 03:14 AM
your hungarian :D ↑

Turul.
06-20-2012, 04:43 AM
your hungarian :D ↑

My ancestors are.

I am American though, Midwest.

YuurHeen
06-20-2012, 02:50 PM
dont forget he has to save the world from 2 things. destruction by the sun and mind control by men. My guess has always been that he can only do 1 thing and I doubt destruction is a option.
Without a nice cliffhanger the wait for ac4 will be more boring anyway.

dxsxhxcx
06-20-2012, 03:09 PM
then we would be able to have a game in a post apocalyptic modern city without much emphasis on guns... :)

LightRey
06-20-2012, 03:15 PM
then we would be able to have a game in a post apocalyptic modern city without much emphasis on guns... :)
I'd dislike that even more than a game with emphasis on guns.

CSKarasu
06-20-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't see Desmond failing. It would be interesting if an ancestor was looking back to see how Desmond almost beat it, but it's just bad design to make the player lose. Gamers play games to get a happy ending, to be the hero, maybe that is a little restrictive for storytelling but there is nothing wrong with that.

That's not why I called you rude. I called you rude because you insinuated that this topic was of poor quality/stupid/not relevant.....like it was something that was foolish to talk about.
You're immature.

OT: I've just got this weird feeling that this entire series are just repeated events.
The ones who came before were reincarnations, how did they die?
And doesn't that mean they'll come back?
Would this Cataclysm prevent their return or are they just trying to help humanity?

Don't waste time arguing with someone with bad character. I'm sure he makes many friends when he joins conversations in real life and declares it "Boring" when he doesn't like the subject.

playassassins1
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM
What is this?

NOLA_Assassin
06-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Then everything will be true and nothing will be permitted...

Ayush_S92
06-20-2012, 04:25 PM
ZombiU happens.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/images/uploads/news/thatissofreakingdesmondmiles2.png

Assassin_M
06-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Don't waste time arguing with someone with bad character. I'm sure he makes many friends when he joins conversations in real life and declares it "Boring" when he doesn't like the subject.

I just wish everyone just minds their own business and stop with the goody-goody-two shoes act to save us from all evil.
My comments were directed at the OP and I apologized and he did not answer, do not shove your nose in something that doesn't concern you..
So OP I`ll say it again, I apologize for my post, It was never my intention to undermine your thread in any way nor to lessen from its importance or breech your right of discussion. so for these things Im sorry..

infamous_ezio
06-20-2012, 05:27 PM
I just wish everyone just minds their own business and stop with the goody-goody-two shoes act to save us from all evil.
My comments were directed at the OP and I apologized and he did not answer, do not shove your nose in something that doesn't concern you..
So OP I`ll say it again, I apologize for my post, It was never my intention to undermine your thread in any way nor to lessen from its importance or breech your right of discussion. so for these things Im sorry..

Mind our own business? Your a hypocrite for saying that. This is a forum, everyone is open to put in their two cents, as you always do.

kudos17
06-20-2012, 05:38 PM
If he doesn't save the world, does the cycle repeat?

"Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident. Your lives are measured in years, and decades, you wither and die. We are eternal, the pinnacle of evolution, and existence. Before us, you are nothing, your extinction is inevitable. Confidence born of ignorance; the cycle cannot be broken. The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Organic civilizations rise, evolve, advance and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished."

Assassin_M
06-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Mind our own business? Your a hypocrite for saying that. This is a forum, everyone is open to put in their two cents, as you always do.
Just like you..
Mind your own business

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Then everything will be true and nothing will be permitted...

Well when you put it that way...>_> how about, somethings are true depending on content and subjective thought is not permitted....>_>
or how about; Somethings are true and somethings are permitted?

"Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident. Your lives are measured in years, and decades, you wither and die. We are eternal, the pinnacle of evolution, and existence. Before us, you are nothing, your extinction is inevitable. Confidence born of ignorance; the cycle cannot be broken. The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Organic civilizations rise, evolve, advance and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished."

Where is that from ? because it sounds very biased in defense of anti-organic life....they seem hateful about life in general a.k.a a pessimistic view of life...D:

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Where is that from ? because it sounds very biased in defense of anti-organic life....they seem hateful about life in general a.k.a a pessimistic view of life...D:

Mass Effect

Turul.
06-20-2012, 07:25 PM

apology accepted.

OT: someone said that desmond must save the world from the satellite launch as well....

maybe the "end of a world" isn't another solar flare, but something related to the satellite?

LightRey
06-20-2012, 08:05 PM
You do realize you're a hypocrite for saying that, right? Making you also a hypocrite for calling him a hypocrite, causing an infinite loop of hypocrisy. This makes you arguably the biggest hypocrite on the forum (well, aside from myself for ironically pointing this out).

Assassin_M
06-20-2012, 09:11 PM
You do realize you're a hypocrite for saying that, right? Making you also a hypocrite for calling him a hypocrite, causing an infinite loop of hypocrisy. This makes you arguably the biggest hypocrite on the forum (well, aside from myself for ironically pointing this out).
Just leave him be..
This guy literally told me to go "**** myself" when I asked what was his problem with me xD

Sorry OP for derailing your thread, I will refrain from doing so again..

wigster2012
06-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Major carnage, few people will survive and then evolve just like before.

Captain Tomatoz
06-21-2012, 12:21 AM
If Desmond fails Shaun will step in and insult the Sun so it feels bad and cries :D

Turul.
06-21-2012, 12:25 AM
If Desmond fails Shaun will step in and insult the Sun so it feels bad and cries :D

hahahah god.

shaun is hilarious. if they ever got rid of him.....i would quit.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-21-2012, 12:46 AM
hahahah god.

shaun is hilarious. if they ever got rid of him.....i would quit.

quit what ?

JCearlyyears
06-21-2012, 12:56 AM
The game/series I think. Don't worry. I'm pretty sure Shaun will have more than enough to say about what happens in the game.

Turul.
06-21-2012, 01:26 AM
quit what ?

playing AC games

GeneralTrumbo
06-21-2012, 02:10 AM
If Desmond goes, I am sure Shaun will go. Can't wait to see what they did with the modern-day aspect of the game!

infamous_ezio
06-21-2012, 03:08 AM

How? i was just putting my own two cents in, i wasn't implying that anyone should mind their own business...... so you're wrong, yet again.

haha M please, go make another thread about you leaving... you crab.

sorry op..had to be said.

Assassin_M
06-21-2012, 03:16 AM
How? i was just putting my own two cents in, i wasn't implying that anyone should mind their own business...... so you're wrong, yet again.

haha M please, go make another thread about you leaving... you crab.

sorry op..had to be said.
Ladies and gentlemen, this guy told me to go **** my myself..
sorry had to be said again..
just get a life, man instead of trying to make a name for yourself out of throwing cheap shots at me. I mean there must something better right ? What did I ever do to you ? I never said anything about you and I never insulted you, I may have corrected you once, but never did I throw any insults.. So mate just please move on OK ? For what ever I did to you just let it go and don't hold a grudge against a guy you will never get to meet, Why do this ? why make yourself look like that ? just grow up.. please.

Turul.
06-21-2012, 05:02 AM
Please stay on topic guys

infamous_ezio
06-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, this guy told me to go **** my myself..
sorry had to be said again..
just get a life, man instead of trying to make a name for yourself out of throwing cheap shots at me. I mean there must something better right ? What did I ever do to you ? I never said anything about you and I never insulted you, I may have corrected you once, but never did I throw any insults.. So mate just please move on OK ? For what ever I did to you just let it go and don't hold a grudge against a guy you will never get to meet, Why do this ? why make yourself look like that ? just grow up.. please.

hahahahahaha, my god, are you going to keep sooking over that? let me remind what you said back.. direct quote :"I told you I`ll find who it is that raped you when you were a boy, do not worry.." you can turn this into a game of i said you said, but you can't complain nor do you have the right to, you give a little, you take a little. I just called you a hypocrite which you in fact are a big one, as well as lightrey.

playassassins1
06-21-2012, 07:55 AM
hahahahahaha, my god, are you going to keep sooking over that? let me remind what you said back.. direct quote :"I told you I`ll find who it is that raped you when you were a boy, do not worry.." you can turn this into a game of i said you said, but you can't complain nor do you have the right to, you give a little, you take a little. I just called you a hypocrite which you in fact are a big one, as well as lightrey.

I'm not trying to insult or go against you, but doesn't that also make you a hypocrite? (For calling M a hypocrite, and lightrey)

infamous_ezio
06-21-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm not trying to insult or go against you, but doesn't that also make you a hypocrite? (For calling M a hypocrite, and lightrey)

not necessarily, i originally called M a hypocrite because he was telling people to mind their own business. However whenever someone has said that to M or he has been in a similar situation he has always used the argument that this is an open forum and people are allowed to put their two cents in. I was simply pointing this out to him. Now he was so eager to point out what i said to him in a PM, but was not eager to say what he said back, he is a sneaky one that's for sure. Lightrey on the other hand has proven over the past to be a hypocrite. So no, that doesn't make me a hypocrite, i didn't say no one was allowed to put their two cents in. I wasn't a hypocrite in the first place at all, i didn't care whether they said something to me as i just simply give it back :)

playassassins1
06-21-2012, 08:31 AM
not necessarily, i originally called M a hypocrite because he was telling people to mind their own business. However whenever someone has said that to M or he has been in a similar situation he has always used the argument that this is an open forum and people are allowed to put their two cents in. I was simply pointing this out to him. Now he was so eager to point out what i said to him in a PM, but was not eager to say what he said back, he is a sneaky one that's for sure. Lightrey on the other hand has proven over the past to be a hypocrite. So no, that doesn't make me a hypocrite, i didn't say no one was allowed to put their two cents in. I wasn't a hypocrite in the first place at all, i didn't care whether they said something to me as i just simply give it back :)

Ok, interesting. Continue on then....

infamous_ezio
06-21-2012, 08:34 AM
I won't continue it, and OP sorry for going off topic

WolfTemplar94
06-24-2012, 02:03 PM
I have a feeling that's why Desmond has to find Eve :/ Although, it could be that he defies TWCB and finds a way to save everyone. Hopefully, because tha's the only way the series can continue.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we got a game where we played Shawn and one of his ancestors in England during the Victorian era?

Black_Widow9
06-24-2012, 08:55 PM
If you have nothing to add to this Topic besides Insults you will be taking a holiday. It stops now so consider this your warning.

Now to the OP.