PDA

View Full Version : So. Who's gonna be the Eve?

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Since we need her to open the Eden Temple, who's it gonna be? Lucy's dead. Unless she's resurrected by one of POEs, then it will have to be a new character. Wasn't it said that Kirsten Bell wanted out of the franchise though? They could have someone else do voice for Lucy, but that's not very likely IMO. So new character? How are they're gonna introduce her? Not much time to do that anymore since the 2012 story is supposed to wrap up. Will we find her via Ratonhnhaké:ton? Is he connected to her? But if so, wouldn't be Desmond connected to her as well? So why would he need to relive Ratonhnhaké:ton's memories?

And what about the symbol at the top of the temple shown in AC2 when we spoke to Minerva? It looked almost identical to Memory Seals. Could it hold memories of Eve???

Love speculation :D

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Eve`s gonna be Shaun who`s disguised as a man and her real name is Sabrina (Ugly Humor)

But, seriously, though I doubt she`ll be anyone we`v met before in the series..
Unless, Hanna from The Fall comic ? 0_o

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Eve`s gonna be Shaun who`s disguised as a man and her real name is Sabrina (Ugly Humor)Desmond/Shaun shippers would explode from happiness if Shaun turned out to be "the Eve" for Desmond lololol

But seriously, it's really little time left to introduce "the Eve", I hope it doesn't feel rushed :/

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Desmond/Shaun shippers would explode from happiness lol

But seriously, it's really little time left to introduce "the Eve", I hope it doesn't feel rushed :/
You seriously replied to that and left my on-topic comment ? -_-

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 07:28 PM
You seriously replied to that and left my on-topic comment ? -_-
second part is a reply to your comment about someone completly new, I said I hope it doesn't feel rushed -_-

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 07:29 PM
second part is a reply to your comment about someone completly new, I said I hope it doesn't feel rushed -_-
Hanna is not completely new:rolleyes:

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Hanna is not completely new:rolleyes:But you didn't speak of her at first :rolleyes: And she would be completely new to 95%+ of the players. Only the most uber hardcore fans buy the comics. So she still would need good character introduction

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 07:35 PM
But you didn't speak of her at first :rolleyes: And she would be completely new to 95%+ of the players. Only the most uber hardcore fans buy the comics. So she still would need good character introduction
No Female character needs Character build:rolleyes:
Guys can easily relate :p

Turul.
06-19-2012, 07:39 PM
In interviews people have asked about Clay, and Lucy and what the true status of the two is.

Some questions were like "is it possible for Clay to make it out of the Animus still, and is Lucy really dead? since Shawn is the only one who went to her funeral."

"And how does Shawn's friendship/trust with william miles effect Lucy and her death?"

And all of their answers were "Can't say anything about that"

De Filosoof
06-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I have a feeling this also has something to do with Eve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcr9pDWNnXI

At 4:50 Minerva says: "You must find the other temples, built by those who knew to turn away from war. They worked to protect us - to save us from the fire. If you can find them... if their work can be saved... so too might this world".

So who is she talking about? Who are "those who knew to turn away from war"?

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 08:03 PM
I have a feeling this also has something to do with Eve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcr9pDWNnXI

At 4:50 Minerva says: "You must find the other temples, built by those who knew to turn away from war. They worked to protect us - to save us from the fire. If you can find them... if their work can be saved... so too might this world".

So who is she talking about? Who are "those who knew to turn away from war"?
Jupiter, Juno and her

De Filosoof
06-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Jupiter, Juno and her

So why is she saying "They worked to protect us"? That doesn't make sense.
She's talking about the events after the solar flare.
Juno, Minerva and Jupiter built the faults right? That was just before the solar flare happened.

And besides that, TWCB weren't the ones who knew how to turn away from war because they had a war with the humans.

Serrachio
06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Jupiter, Juno and her

Nope. Those three were at the Grand Temple sorting out all the information.

The ones who knew to turn away from war relates to all the First Civilization members (and humans I think) who chose not to fight in the First Civilization-Human War, which occured when humanity rebelled against their creators. (First Civ sped up the evolution of humans and added a neurotransmitter in them to make them susceptible to Pieces of Eden)

Those peaceful First Civ members then tried 6 solutions, each in their own Temple, and then sent their findings to Jupiter, Juno and Minerva at the Grand Temple.

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
So why is she saying "They worked to protect us"? That wouldn't make any sense.
It could be any number of reasons..
Maybe increasing the Mystic by not referring to herself directly, but we have confirmation that is Indeed Minerva, Juno and Jupiter..
Not anyone else..

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm having memory block, is the temple in NY (the one Minerva shows) the Eden temple??? Was it ever said/hinted?

De Filosoof
06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Nope. Those three were at the Grand Temple sorting out all the information.

The ones who knew to turn away from war relates to all the First Civilization members (and humans I think) who chose not to fight in the First Civilization-Human War, which occured when humanity rebelled against their creators. (First Civ sped up the evolution of humans and added a neurotransmitter in them to make them susceptible to Pieces of Eden)

Those peaceful First Civ members then tried 6 solutions, each in their own Temple, and then sent their findings to Jupiter, Juno and Minerva at the Grand Temple.

Ok i understand now. Thanks to you both for clearing things up :).

De Filosoof
06-19-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm having memory block, is the temple in NY (the one Minerva shows) the Eden temple??? Was it ever said/hinted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mdxGQb2OI

The female symbol in the temple at the end of ACR (at 12:45) is a big hint i guess.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 09:47 PM
The female symbol in the temple at the end of ACR (at 12:45) is a big hint i guess.But if this was the Eden temple, wouldn't it have both male and female symbols? Juno basically said that both Desmond and some female need to open Eden temple together

obliviondoll
06-19-2012, 09:53 PM
I hope it's Rebecca. Mostly because that would throw EVERYONE off.

De Filosoof
06-19-2012, 09:56 PM
I hope it's Rebecca. Mostly because that would throw EVERYONE off.

No she won't because she wasn't in Juno's line of sight at the end of ACB.

xx-pyro
06-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Does it have to be a physical entity/person? I stil find it hard to believe they might introduce an important character in the 5th game relating to Desmond's story.

Turul.
06-19-2012, 10:35 PM
What if Eden isn't a girl at all?
What if it's a thing?

or it could be there is a girl version of Desmond

and that leads to an entirely new AC series

or my mind is totally being ****ed right now

Turul.
06-19-2012, 10:39 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=girlsymbol.jpg&res=landing

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/5/3/9/6/11949849661308840073female_symbol_dan_gerhar_01.sv g.med.png

looks like we found our eve....imo

Turul.
06-19-2012, 10:40 PM
disregard this post

obliviondoll
06-19-2012, 10:42 PM
I have another one for you...

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/5/3/9/6/11949849661308840073female_symbol_dan_gerhar_01.sv g.med.png

Turn it upside down...

http://bilddatenbank.khm.at/images/500/SK_WS_XIII_2_151.JPG

Possible?

Turul.
06-19-2012, 10:44 PM
I have another one for you...

Turn it upside down...

http://bilddatenbank.khm.at/images/500/SK_WS_XIII_2_151.JPG

Possible?

what is that?

obliviondoll
06-19-2012, 10:48 PM
what is that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_cruciger

Or alternatively it's the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (they look the same).

JCearlyyears
06-19-2012, 10:49 PM
The apple. Nah, I don't know but I think I remember seeing it in an ac2 glyph puzzle.

obliviondoll
06-19-2012, 11:12 PM
http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mcgee411/GHTOUT/c6-charlemagne3.jpg

Charlemagne had one.

dxsxhxcx
Aveline's descendant will be Eve... :)

Turul.
possibly?

could be a coincidence

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Except that Aveline was relegated to handheld game lol

In retrospect, it honestly looks like they were "hinting" at female Assassin in AC3.

obliviondoll
06-19-2012, 11:19 PM

In retrospect, it honestly looks like they were "hinting" at female Assassin in AC3.

Altaďr got relegated to a handheld game at one point as well, remember?

Doesn't mean she won't make some kind of appearance in AC3 as well.

dxsxhxcx
06-19-2012, 11:23 PM

Daniel Cross' role in the AC universe had a huge impact at the current situation of the Assassins and he barely appeared in the game (until now)...

monoman32
06-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Could Desmond's mom play a role?

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Altaďr got relegated to a handheld game at one point as well, remember?

Doesn't mean she won't make some kind of appearance in AC3 as well.

Yeah, but he started with a main game first, kinda different

Could Desmond's mom play a role?
Don't think so. If she had connection to Eve, then so would Desmond and thus he would be both "new Adam & Eve" in one and I would assume he wouldn't need to find anyone else to "open the gate"

BTW welcome to the forums! :D (I joined myself only 3 days ago :p )

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Rebecca most likely is the one that coincidentally has the DNA to walk through the gates with Desmond. >_>or it could be Laetitia England who as Juno implies by saying,"One will accompany you through the gates. She lies not within our sites. The cross Darkens the Horizon..." and Laetitia England is the only one(as of now) that fits that description.

JCearlyyears
06-20-2012, 12:23 AM
I don't think he needs any help opening the gate.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 12:26 AM

Oh he does. Desmond does not have the capacity to do it by himself.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 12:26 AM

You think Juno is just lying on purpose? Could be

Oh he does. Desmond does not have the capacity to do it by himself.
Then again, the need for "Eve" would make Desmond less special which devs seem to be bit obsessed about so perhaps Juno was just talking bs and he doesn't need anyone else to open the gate

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 01:30 AM
No I think that Juno meant that there physically will be someone there to walk through the the gate that we see at the end of AC:R.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 01:35 AM
No I think that Juno meant that there physically will be someone there to walk through the the gate that we see at the end of AC:R.So Eve would be standing there, waiting for Desmond for couple hundred/thousands of years? Or a descendant of Eve arriving at the gate right in time, at the end of her own journey?

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 01:40 AM
So Eve would be standing there, waiting for Desmond for couple hundred/thousands of years? Or a descendant of Eve arriving at the gate right in time, at the end of her own journey?

ummm u.u no. Its not that simple. Ok I take back the joke I really think its gonna be a memory that will be relived. And most likely this memory will be about this woman. Maybe its a memory about Adam that found the ''key'' to the gates from Eve after she took the apple.

JCearlyyears
06-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Jupiter then charged Desmond with a mission: to visit the Grand Temple. He told Desmond to take his words, and to "pass them from [his] head into [his] hands," as by doing so he would "open the way."

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 02:45 AM
Then Al-Mualim said, "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted." :D look at this cool stuff >_>.......2ⁿ√25˛ uhh math lmao :D

JCearlyyears
06-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Yeah... hahah

Jexx21
06-20-2012, 03:50 AM
Descendant of Aveline.

:P

LightRey
06-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Why would anyone be Eve? Juno never mentions Eve and S16 seems to be talking about the actual Eve, most likely related to what happened in the past in the recording we got to see in ACII. I say at best there will be some woman Desmond will have to find, no suggestion he has to fall in love with her or whatever, just find her.

Assassin_M
06-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Why would anyone be Eve? Juno never mentions Eve and S16 seems to be talking about the actual Eve, most likely related to what happened in the past in the recording we got to see in ACII. I say at best there will be some woman Desmond will have to find, no suggestion he has to fall in love with her or whatever, just find her.
Sadly, whenever there is a Woman, there has to be "affection" -_-

YuurHeen
06-20-2012, 02:54 PM

Well since this is desmonds last game and he had the most important ancenstors he kinda has to reproduce with someone to make a new ac4 hero.

dxsxhxcx
06-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Well since this is desmonds last game and he had the most important ancenstors he kinda has to reproduce with someone to make a new ac4 hero.

you'll be right IF the next modern day protagonist (assuming there'll be one) is supposed to be related to Desmond, otherwise he can die virgin that this won't affect the continuation of the story... :p

LightRey
06-20-2012, 03:11 PM
That's speculation at best. Besides, I don't see him reproducing with anyone while saving the world.

MT4K
06-20-2012, 03:15 PM
That's speculation at best. Besides, I don't see him reproducing with anyone while saving the world.

Are you kidding? That's the best time to get jiggy. I mean it could be his last chance after all.

dxsxhxcx
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM

maybe they can make some years pass for Desmond like they do with the ancestors right before the end of the game (or in an epilogue after the end) giving him some time to find someone..

LightRey
06-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Are you kidding? That's the best time to get jiggy. I mean it could be his last chance after all.
If it's his last chance it defeats the point of reproduction.

maybe they can make some years pass for Desmond like they do with the ancestors right before the end of the game (or in an epilogue after the end) giving him some time to find someone..
That would destroy the significance of the event.

YuurHeen
06-20-2012, 04:58 PM

you really think the only point of the males act of reproduction is reproduction? :P.

anyway it would be cool if it happens after the saving of the world part and then the camara stops following desmond like with altair in ac2.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Seriously. Didn't Mass Effect teach him anything? ;P

LightRey
06-20-2012, 05:02 PM
you really think the only point of the males act of reproduction is reproduction? :P.
Well, if it's reproduction, yes. If it's smecksh in general, you have a point. However, the thing is that this is all about Desmond having a kid, not Desmond gettin' some.

YuurHeen
06-20-2012, 05:19 PM

gender doesn't has anything to do with the descendant.

pacmanate
06-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Well, if it's reproduction, yes. If it's smecksh in general, you have a point. However, the thing is that this is all about Desmond having a kid, not Desmond gettin' some.

Hahahahaha

brefcourte
06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Obviously it is Palina Rojinski

obliviondoll
06-20-2012, 09:52 PM

I don't know about this.

I'm not entirely certain, but most indications of gender suggest that Desmond is, in fact, a male, and not a female. That condition allows for the possibility of death after the reproductive act without significant negative impact to the child's chance of surviving.

We also need to remember that "fail to save the world" isn't the only possible reason why Desmond might be unable to perform this kind of act in future. There's also "die while saving the world" and "get reproductive organs irreparably damaged while saving the world" options as well.

naran6142
06-21-2012, 02:39 AM
I don't know about this.

I'm not entirely certain, but most indications of gender suggest that Desmond is, in fact, a male, and not a female. That condition allows for the possibility of death after the reproductive act without significant negative impact to the child's chance of surviving.

We also need to remember that "fail to save the world" isn't the only possible reason why Desmond might be unable to perform this kind of act in future. There's also "die while saving the world" and "get reproductive organs irreparably damaged while saving the world" options as well.

the last option is kinda lame tho :p

LightRey
06-21-2012, 11:15 AM
I don't know about this.

You do realize that the end of the world also means the end of the woman Desmond supposedly has to have smecksh with, right?

obliviondoll
06-21-2012, 11:44 AM
You do realize that the end of the world also means the end of the woman Desmond supposedly has to have smecksh with, right?

You do realise almost my entire post addressed that point, right?

Particularly this part:

LightRey
06-21-2012, 11:49 AM
You do realise almost my entire post addressed that point, right?

Particularly this part:
What you say makes no sense. Desmond isn't going to do it because if he thinks the world will end, it won't be to get a child, defeating the whole concept of that being some kind of mission for him and the game is about him saving the world. Your post seems to address nothing at all. The reasons you're proposing are not relevant. He's not going to be looking for a woman to have a kid with in this game. He might afterwards, but that's irrelevant to the discussion.

obliviondoll
06-21-2012, 11:54 AM
He plans to save the world, not to fail.

He doesn't know for sure that he'll survive and still be capable of reproduction after he's done with saving the world.

What reason does he have to not try and reproduce before it becomes impossible to do so as a result of injury or death?

LightRey
06-21-2012, 11:59 AM
He plans to save the world, not to fail.

He doesn't know for sure that he'll survive and still be capable of reproduction after he's done with saving the world.

What reason does he have to not try and reproduce before it becomes impossible to do so as a result of injury or death?
No **** sherlock, but the proposed motive was that it would be "his last chance". My original point before that was that I simply don't see him doing such a thing within the story. Assassin's Creed isn't some love story. Just because he has to find a woman doesn't mean Desmond has to fall in love with her.

You've obviously not been paying attention to the discussion (primarily because it started out as a joke, yet you seem to find it a serious point of discussion somehow) and just butted in because you want to take every chance to counter my points. You should stop now, lest you embarrass yourself.

obliviondoll
06-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Four foolish assumptions:

1. I didn't read the whole thread before posting.
2. I'm taking this conversation seriously.
3. I'm "targeting" you for some reason.
4. This will somehow embarrass me.

None of the above are true.

LightRey
06-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Four foolish assumptions:

1. I didn't read the whole thread before posting.
2. I'm taking this conversation seriously.
3. I'm "targeting" you for some reason.
4. This will somehow embarrass me.

None of the above are true.
1. You clearly didn't, as you're trying to argue points already refuted.
2. At the least to the extent that you think your points make any sense whatsoever, or, if you're not, you're trolling, which is against the rules.
3. You obviously are. You never posted in the SP forums before our little Twitter fight, except in the MP lag thread, which has been gone since the forums moved. Moreover, at least half your posts on the SP forum have been direct responses to me. Don't kid yourself, you've been taking every chance you got to continue where we left off.
4. You're embarrassing yourself by childishly going out of your way to counter my points, not to mention failing at it. I'd call that embarrassing. Then again, you might not.

obliviondoll
06-21-2012, 12:26 PM
1. You clearly didn't, as you're trying to argue points already refuted.
2. At the least to the extent that you think your points make any sense whatsoever, or, if you're not, you're trolling, which is against the rules.
3. You obviously are. You never posted in the SP forums before our little Twitter fight, except in the MP lag thread, which has been gone since the forums moved. Moreover, at least half your posts on the SP forum have been direct responses to me. Don't kid yourself, you've been taking every chance you got to continue where we left off.
4. You're embarrassing yourself by childishly going out of your way to counter my points, not to mention failing at it. I'd call that embarrassing. Then again, you might not.

1. Name one.
2. My points are working from the same basic premise you've been using, and unlike yours, are actually rationally connected to logic as well as that basic premise. Doesn't mean I'm taking it seriously.
3. I showed up in the single player forums before you became a member on the forums, and was a lurker here long before then. I've recently started posting here again because there's been a recent spread of new information about the single player in the next game. And just because I'm responding to your posts a lot, doesn't mean I'm targeting you. I reply to posts that interest me. It's not my fault you're an interesting person. Also, I've tried a couple of times to apologise for my part in the fight we had on Twitter, and had no rational response to those attempts, so I dropped it. If you want to bring it up again, PM me.
4. I'm not insecure enough for your projection of your own embarrassment to make me feel bad. I hope that isn't a problem for you.

LightRey
06-21-2012, 12:31 PM
1. Name one.
2. My points are working from the same basic premise you've been using, and unlike yours, are actually rationally connected to logic as well as that basic premise. Doesn't mean I'm taking it seriously.
3. I showed up in the single player forums before you became a member on the forums, and was a lurker here long before then. I've recently started posting here again because there's been a recent spread of new information about the single player in the next game. And just because I'm responding to your posts a lot, doesn't mean I'm targeting you. I reply to posts that interest me. It's not my fault you're an interesting person. Also, I've tried a couple of times to apologise for my part in the fight we had on Twitter, and had no rational response to those attempts, so I dropped it. If you want to bring it up again, PM me.
4. I'm not insecure enough for your projection of your own embarrassment to make me feel bad. I hope that isn't a problem for you.
1. The point where Desmond is planning on saving the world -__-
2. Actually, they're not. That's actually my entire point in the discussion we had. The premise was that Desmond would be expecting the world to end, a point that you overlooked, because you didn't read the entire thread as I said and which you tried to deny.
3. Haha! Don't make me laugh. Your first post here in ages was actually one in which you apologized to me for that whole Twitter fight. Give all the excuses you will, your actions clearly indicate you're too childish to let things go.
4. I know you think you're being clever, but really you're just using one of the most standard, overused psychological tricks that I presume you must've learned from television, as in reality it doesn't really work. Nice try though.

obliviondoll
06-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Won't bother with the last 2, but here we go.

1. Not addressed directly, only indirectly, and not refuted in the slightest. Point 2 explains why.
2. The core premise isn't that Desmond is expecting the world to end. The core premise is that he's expecting this to be his last opportunity for reproduction. I've provided alternative reasons why he could reasonably be assumed to expect this to be the case.

LightRey
06-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Won't bother with the last 2, but here we go.

1. Not addressed directly, only indirectly, and not refuted in the slightest. Point 2 explains why.
2. The core premise isn't that Desmond is expecting the world to end. The core premise is that he's expecting this to be his last opportunity for reproduction. I've provided alternative reasons why he could reasonably be assumed to expect this to be the case.
1. Actually, it was, but you obviously don't know that as you don't read my posts or haven't taken the time to read through the thread. As a matter of fact it was duscussed and refuted when I explained that Desmond was, in the proposed situation, not expecting to save the world. That's what the discussion was about. Then you came along completely ignoring that fact and concluded that Desmond would be expecting to save the world. Now that point in itself is arguable, though I am inclined to agree, but it was not part of the discussion and so the less realistic alternative was to be assumed, which you didn't, which is how your point was refuted from the very beginning.
Had Desmond actually found someone already and gotten the appropriate time to decide to actually get a kid, then yes, he *might* make that decision, but he hasn't. He has only a few months left until the end of the world and he's kindof busy trying to save everyone, not looking for someone to mate with.
2. That's arguably reasonable. Not many warriors go into battle expecting to lose their junk or become sterile. There no good reason for him to be expecting it. There's reason for him to consider the possibility, but the reasons you're proposing are no reason for him to immediately start reproducing just in case, and even if they were, he'd already have been trying to since the start of AC1. The situation is actually fairly simple. Desmond does not have any obvious reason to reproduce and he's a young man. Just because he needs to find some woman doesn't mean he needs to start reproducing, especially since the whole concept of getting a kid hasn't been brought up in the game. At best S16 mentioned Desmond's son once, at a point at which whatever he's saying should be taken with a grain of salt and we have yet to find a strong link between what S16 said and what Juno said. Ergo, there is no reason to assume Desmond has to find someone to reproduce and/or fall in love with.

obliviondoll
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Can you provide a quote where it's clearly stated that Desmond expects the world to end? Because I just went back and looked, and unless I've missed it 5 (maybe more) times now, it's not there. What's stated directly is that he can reasonably expect this to be his last chance.

Also, I'm not arguing (and neither has anyone else been) that there's an in-universe REQUIREMENT for Desmond to reproduce with the female he possibly needs to find - only that it's PLAUSIBLE within the universe, and that it's likely to happen because it would fit the usual pattern expected in a story where a male and female need to meet up for predestined events to occur.

LightRey
06-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Can you provide a quote where it's clearly stated that Desmond expects the world to end? Because I just went back and looked, and unless I've missed it 5 (maybe more) times now, it's not there. What's stated directly is that he can reasonably expect this to be his last chance.

Also, I'm not arguing (and neither has anyone else been) that there's an in-universe REQUIREMENT for Desmond to reproduce with the female he possibly needs to find - only that it's PLAUSIBLE within the universe, and that it's likely to happen because it would fit the usual pattern expected in a story where a male and female need to meet up for predestined events to occur.
It's clearly stated that in the discussed situation Desmond doesn't expect the world to end. Keep up, man. I'm having to repeat myself a fourth time now. Look, here's the quote:

That sparked my response:

Now that right there is clearly setting the premise that it would be his last chance. Ergo, that something would happen that would mean he would no longer have the chance to do it again. If it wasn't obvious already, that's referring to the impending end of the world. The entire discussion was about a situation in which Desmond would have smecksh, because he was afraid/expecting to die at the end of the world. This was within the context that for some reason he was meant to have a kid. That's where the contradiction pops up. If Desmond is trying to reproduce, he's not going to have smecksh just so he can one last time, but to actually have a kid, but since in the proposed situation he's expecting to fail the end of the world from coming, there is no reason for him to purposefully try to get a kid and that's what reproduction is (in the case of humans), trying to get a kid.

It's great that you're arguing that, but I'm not arguing that it's impossible, I'm arguing that it's improbable. It's just not a sensible way for the story to play out. AC is not a love story, the love interest would have to be introduced in this final game and there simply are no significant clues pointing in this direction at all.

OriginalMiles
06-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Has it even been said why he has to find "Eve"? For all we know she could be somebody we MURDER!!!
In all seriousness, The World will do it's part, and Desmond will do the rest.

Turul.
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFshNuMn4LU

at the end of brotherhood minerva tells him
"Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE."
We can assume she is talking about Eve.

but subject 16 in bortherhood also reveals to us a little more about what desmond is supposed to do

"Animus Voice: Compiling sub systems. Infrastructure. Tendons. Heart.
Subject 16: Voice.
Desmond: Subject Sixteen?
Subject 16: Yes, yes, Subject Seventeen.
Desmond: You’re dead. I saw your blood.
Subject 16: No time. It is far later than you know. Too late to save them.
Desmond: Who?
Subject 16: She is not who you think she is. Everything you hope to become. Everything you hold dear. It's already gone.
Desmond: Explain. Please.
Subject 16: Eden, she... in Eden, find Eve. The key, her DNA.
Desmond: Tell me.
Subject 16: I cannot... the sun, your son... too weak. Must replenish energy.
Desmond: Don't go!
Subject 16: I am with you, until the end. Find me in the darkness."

So after reviewing this, it seems Eve really is a girl. Since they need her DNA, refering to it as "the key".but why does Desmond need a girl? isn't he the chosen one? is he supposed to have a son with this girl? I guess we'll find out why Desmond must find Eve

JCearlyyears
06-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Reincarnation... I'd say more of a descendant and he has to find the descendant of eve, her DNA is the key to um... awakening the sixth?
I don't know.

zerocooll21
06-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Desmond is a hermaphrodite

the end

JCearlyyears
06-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Exactly^

Turul.
06-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Reincarnation... I'd say more of a descendant and he has to find the descendant of eve, her DNA is the key to um... awakening the sixth?
I don't know.

awaken the sixth could refer to his "sixth sense" (eagle vision), or the sixth sense of "knowledge"
or it could be a person

kudos17
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
awaken the sixth could refer to his "sixth sense" (eagle vision), or the sixth sense of "knowledge"
or it could be a person

The sixth sense, the sixth temple, the sixth person, the sixth god, the sixth...

Could be anything, really :nonchalance: Juno was too vague for anything concrete. But I personally believe she meant the sixth sense, because she made a lot of references to that while talking to Desmond.

JCearlyyears
06-21-2012, 07:21 PM
If they are so smart, why are they so cryptic? This is pretty important and isn't the time to be vague.

LightRey
06-21-2012, 07:23 PM
If they are so smart, why are they so cryptic? This is pretty important and isn't the time to be vague.
They're probably cryptic so that events will play out the way they want them to. Like with Lucy for example. As for "The Sixth", I'd say it's referring to the Sixth Sense, as that's what she seems to be talking about almost the entire time.

freddie_1897
06-21-2012, 07:25 PM
what if Eves a templar?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/203/685/conspiracy-keanu.jpg?1321901003

JCearlyyears
06-21-2012, 07:27 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/203/685/conspiracy-keanu.jpg?1321901003
OMG

LightRey
06-21-2012, 07:28 PM
what if Eves a templar?

*was and unlikely as her son was supposedly the first Templar.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-21-2012, 08:58 PM
at the end of brotherhood minerva tells him
"Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE."
We can assume she is talking about Eve.

but subject 16 in bortherhood also reveals to us a little more about what desmond is supposed to do

"Animus Voice: Compiling sub systems. Infrastructure. Tendons. Heart.
Subject 16: Voice.
Desmond: Subject Sixteen?
Subject 16: Yes, yes, Subject Seventeen.
Desmond: You’re dead. I saw your blood.
Subject 16: No time. It is far later than you know. Too late to save them.
Desmond: Who?
Subject 16: She is not who you think she is. Everything you hope to become. Everything you hold dear. It's already gone.
Desmond: Explain. Please.
Subject 16: Eden, she... in Eden, find Eve. The key, her DNA.
Desmond: Tell me.
Subject 16: I cannot... the sun, your son... too weak. Must replenish energy.
Desmond: Don't go!
Subject 16: I am with you, until the end. Find me in the darkness."

So after reviewing this, it seems Eve really is a girl. Since they need her DNA, refering to it as "the key".but why does Desmond need a girl? isn't he the chosen one? is he supposed to have a son with this girl? I guess we'll find out why Desmond must find EveOk, let's sum up. From all the info we know, we're supposed to find Eve/Eve's DNA/Eve's ancestor. We need it to go through some gate. At the end of ACR, we're standing in front of the Grand Temple. Female sign (♀) appears. So... We're gonna find Eve/Eve DNA thanks to the Grand Temple? Or do we need Eve/Eve DNA to access the Grand Temple? How do we find this Eve/Eve DNA/whatever Eve? How does Ratonhnhaké:ton fit into this? Why do we need to view his memories for?

They're probably cryptic so that events will play out the way they want them to. Like with Lucy for example. As for "The Sixth", I'd say it's referring to the Sixth Sense, as that's what she seems to be talking about almost the entire time.
Yeah, I agree. It's most likely a reference to the sixth sense

*was and unlikely as her son was supposedly the first Templar.
Where it is said?

obliviondoll
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM

*provides the exact example I quoted, which I've already explained the obvious ambiguity of*

At the risk of offending you (again), are you trolling this time?

Seriously, not joking. You're ignoring every possible interpretation of that except the one you WANT to try and ram down my throat to prove me wrong, and pretending that something that obviously NON-SPECIFIC can only have the interpretation you've applied to it.

Saying this could be Desmond's last chance to reproduce doesn't ONLY imply that the world will end. Only that his ability to reproduce will end. There's NOTHING in the past conversation where the possibility of Desmond dying or being horribly maimed WHILE STILL SAVING THE WORLD was ruled out. And there's nothing suggesting that Desmond would ignore that, while there's plenty within his established mindset that makes it logical for him to consider. He can reasonably be expected to be thinking of that as more of a probability than a possibility, and considering that he probably will die on this mission, but still with an expectant hope for success even if he doesn't survive to see it. And self-sacrifice like that is much easier to take if you have reasonable hope for a child to carry on your legacy, especially when you know (thanks to the Animus) that your child will carry your memories on to future generations.

razaqazy
06-22-2012, 06:14 AM
(If anybody already posted this before, I am sorry because I skimmed through the thread)
***********spoiler*************
What about this person outside of the left window who has made ACR's ending more mysterious:
EDIT: "mustash2003" had a better quality picture than i did so I posted his:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120115124508/assassinscreed/images/2/2b/ACR_ending_-_Juno.jpg

and what about this mysterious outline that I took a snapshot of right before the female sign came and flashed
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p514/razaqazy/img6.png

My quality is very poor. If someone could get ACR's ending clip from a high end pc, it may become more clearer and sharp

Anyways, is that the missing link? Someone who is apparently standing there as if it has been his/her duty to arrive. My original thread on these pics is below:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/658674-Saw-somebody-in-ending-of-revelation-outside-the-Van(maybe-Eve)(Spoiler-Alert0?highlight=revelation

And yes, I have switched to this account permanently so disregard the thread's op.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-22-2012, 06:25 AM
(If anybody already posted this before, I am sorry because I skimmed through the thread)
***********spoiler*************
What about this person outside of the left window who has made ACR's ending more mysterious:
EDIT: "mustash2003" had a better quality picture than i did so I posted his:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120115124508/assassinscreed/images/2/2b/ACR_ending_-_Juno.jpgI can't see anything in the second pic, but in the first pics I CLEARLY see a woman standing behind the left window :OOO

EDIT: Read some pevious threads. Speculation is that it's either Juno (looks the most similar), or Venus (due to Venus/female symbol that appears right after) or Eve indeed

Acrimonious_Nin
06-22-2012, 05:38 PM
This has been discussed before. Most likely Juno will be waiting for Desmond for who knows what reason...>_>, but it could be someone else that looks exactly like Juno from behind.

Turul.
06-22-2012, 05:48 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120115124508/assassinscreed/images/2/2b/ACR_ending_-_Juno.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120121145022/assassinscreed/images/thumb/0/03/Trio_1.png/1000px-Trio_1.png

looks like juno IMO

JCearlyyears
06-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Yes, it most likely is.

LightRey
06-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Ok, let's sum up. From all the info we know, we're supposed to find Eve/Eve's DNA/Eve's ancestor. We need it to go through some gate. At the end of ACR, we're standing in front of the Grand Temple. Female sign (♀) appears. So... We're gonna find Eve/Eve DNA thanks to the Grand Temple? Or do we need Eve/Eve DNA to access the Grand Temple? How do we find this Eve/Eve DNA/whatever Eve? How does Ratonhnhaké:ton fit into this? Why do we need to view his memories for?

Yeah, I agree. It's most likely a reference to the sixth sense

Where it is said?
The Glyphs in ACII. Not explicitly, but seeing as the Templar symbol is (according to the glyphs) the Mark of Cain...