PDA

View Full Version : What I REALLY want to know(ACIII)

doylen
06-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Obviously we know when and where ACIII takes place, but the thing that has me most excited is the idea that Connor might be the one who fires the "shot heard around the world." I really hope that we get to do it, seeing as how no one knows who actually fired the first shot. Just something I've been thinking about since the reveal a few months ago.

FirestarLuva
06-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Interesting, hope that happens.

Dieinthedark
06-18-2012, 10:36 PM
That's definitely an interesting idea. Id more than likely bet as well the devs have thought of its importance so hey, we never know.

Turul.
06-18-2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iloGkp5f_Hk

Boston massacre. someone throws something to entice the guards, but no one knows who it was.

Perfect opportunity for Connor to be the spark of the revolution

doylen
06-18-2012, 10:49 PM
The Boston Massacre would also be an great place for Connor to come into play

tarrero
06-19-2012, 01:22 AM
The Boston Massacre would also be an great place for Connor to come into play

And guess what, according to this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MULR59M_R3c

He joined the brotherhood on the same year the Boston Massacre occured........

Locopells
06-19-2012, 03:40 AM
I would imagine it's fairly obvious that Connor will have some involvement with 'the shot'. I doubt he would be dumb enough to kick off the stuff in Boston, though, I can't see what he would gain from that.

I take it that video was from a US history channel? ;)

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 03:45 AM
Thats all you REALLY wanna know ??
seriously ??

Locopells
06-19-2012, 03:47 AM
Me or the OP?

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 03:48 AM
Me or the OP?
OP xD

Locopells
06-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Thought so, but ta. :)

Calvarok
06-19-2012, 03:58 AM
I would imagine it's fairly obvious that Connor will have some involvement with 'the shot'. I doubt he would be dumb enough to kick off the stuff in Boston, though, I can't see what he would gain from that.

I take it that video was from a US history channel? ;)
"the story of us" would sure imply so. :P

Locopells
06-19-2012, 04:02 AM
D'ya think?! (heh heh)

NOLA_Assassin
06-19-2012, 05:32 AM
It does say he "ignites the Revolution" so I'd bet he does fire the shot. My speculation is that he's trying to kill a Templar and in the confusion, starts the Revolution.

doylen
06-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Thats all you REALLY wanna know ??
seriously ??
That's my main question, yes, but i didn't say it was all i wanted to know. I know enough about the story, and it's something that I'm looking forward to finding out.

De Filosoof
06-19-2012, 04:54 PM
And guess what, according to this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MULR59M_R3c

He joined the brotherhood on the same year the Boston Massacre occured........

Yeah that's very interesting.
I don't think Connor fired the first shot but i think he was standing among the people that were shot at.
It may be the reason why he joined the brotherhood.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 12:58 AM
I think that Ubisoft has left us hints. like the number of people that they wanted to reach in the ''World Unlock gameplay video" was 1,776,000, which you can see the first four digits are 1776 and also they have titled there advertisement,"Ignite the Revolution". With these hint and more that are out there. I do believe that we may see Connor filling in the gaps of the American revolution i.e "The shot around the world", and in july 1776 the committee of five drafted and presented the "Declaration of Independence". I think all these hints, hint to the probable event that assassins played a role in making.....

brick177
06-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Probably associated with the "insurgency" group Sons of Liberty.

Jexx21
06-20-2012, 03:55 AM
I believe that Connor will take the shot heard 'round the world.

Why?

To cause chaos in the Templar organization. There are obviously going to be Templars on both sides, and I would think that they might want to keep the peace between the colonists and the British Empire, especially since the Templars are probably heavily in control of the British Empire.

Either that or the shot was taken by the Templars so that they could cause confusion and chaos around the world. Either is a valid idea.

brick177
06-20-2012, 04:01 AM
I'm thinking the reason the Templars are on both sides is because they are divided in how to move forward. The colonial templars think that monarchies are losing control of the people and that the future requires people to think they are in control through elected representatives but in reality it is just a ruse. But the templars for the monarchy think direct control is still the best way.

Jexx21
06-20-2012, 04:07 AM
Hmm.. if the above is the case I think that it would actually make sense if Connor sends off the bullet, because it WOULD cause chaos among the Templars, may even cause them to turn against each other.

brick177
06-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Hmm.. if the above is the case I think that it would actually make sense if Connor sends off the bullet, because it WOULD cause chaos among the Templars, may even cause them to turn against each other.

In the trailer, Washington doesn't exactly look excited that Connor kills his opposing commander. Almost as if the battle is one thing, but killing a (possibly) fellow Templar is going too far.

Jexx21
06-20-2012, 04:18 AM
Nah, I thought Washington looked thoughtful. I'm pretty sure that in that trailer that Washington didn't meet Connor yet.

He was stunned that someone took down the Imperial forces so fast, and was looking to make a friend in Connor.

(I personally believe that making Washington a Templar (thus an enemy) would provoke more of a reaction from Fox News than killing some nameless Continental troopers would be, since the Capitol practically honors Washington as a god)

Jexx21
06-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Also, if Washington was a Templar in AC3, normal game progression states that you would kill him. But since we know how Washington dies, that isn't going to happen.

brick177
06-20-2012, 04:22 AM
Templars aren't bad necessarily, keep that in mind. Different means to the same end, and Washingtons means appear honorable on the surface. Also, this game isn't being made to make fox news happy. They already made one about Christians being the bad guys, I think they don't care.

Jexx21
06-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Oh, I know that, I just don't really think that Washington would be a Templar. But I guess we'll see.

LightRey
06-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Though I find it interesting, I don't find it "worthy" of getting as much attention from me. It doesn't seem to be of any significance to the Templar/Assassin war or TWCB and the end of the world.

Locopells
06-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Well, bully for you.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Probably associated with the "insurgency" group Sons of Liberty.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Sons of Liberty just might be one of the many clubs Ratonhnhaké:ton can join or get recruited to :d

Astralcloak
06-20-2012, 10:17 PM
From what I'v understood so far, Conor never set out to cause the revolution, and similarly to Ezio, fell into the brotherhood through chance, defiantly not starting a revolutionary war through intent, that's not how the assassins operate, precision, not mass-movement. Anyway, they've already confirmed likely involvement with the Midnight Ride prior to the whole ordeal in Lexington, but no important figures featured in that first 'shot', especially not on the British side, there was only one officer, who was only very junior... he may be present, but I think 'ignite the revolution' is not literal, it is in respect to your role in working with figures like washington and others to help turn a rag-tag revolt into a full war for freedom and what is 'just', which is Conor's initial motivation from the start.

Turul.
06-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Obviously we know when and where ACIII takes place, but the thing that has me most excited is the idea that Connor might be the one who fires the "shot heard around the world." I really hope that we get to do it, seeing as how no one knows who actually fired the first shot. Just something I've been thinking about since the reveal a few months ago.

"the shot heard around the world" was in Lexington, Massachusettes, seeing how the game doesn't take place in Lexington, I doubt that Connor is the one who fires the actual shot.

go to 5:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiIFRCk1hxY

Assassin_M
06-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Lexington is actually in the game, its been confirmed to be a part of the Frontier as a small settlement..

Turul.
06-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Lexington is actually in the game, its been confirmed to be a part of the Frontier as a small settlement..

Really? I did not know that,

well then, it's very very possible then.

Where did you get your info? just curious

Assassin_M
06-21-2012, 12:08 AM
Really? I did not know that,

well then, it's very very possible then.

Where did you get your info? just curious
Game Informer Magazine xD

Turul.
06-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Game Informer Magazine xD

i never got that issue :(

maybe someone has it for sale still...somewhere?!

Assassin_M
06-21-2012, 12:14 AM

I know its wrong, but....
its all over the internet now..

Turul.
06-21-2012, 12:16 AM
I know its wrong, but....
its all over the internet now..

still be neat to have, dont mind things the old fashioned way

Locopells
06-21-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm sorry, I have to say this, no matter the subject - what kind of History documentary talks to soldiers rather than Historians? At least the second one as a 'Military Expert' might have had some historical perspective, but still...

still be neat to have, dont mind things the old fashioned way

You can't buy it now, that I know of, so I don't see that they're gonna lose anything, just Google for the scans.

doylen
06-21-2012, 07:37 PM

I'm sure the hub is still up on GI's website with the information they have if you can't find a copy.