PDA

View Full Version : If AC3 becomes a trilogy like AC2, where should it go?

tsc0308
06-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I'd say Connor would stay in America for the second one, as would Desmond to 'defeat Abstergo', and then in the final one Desmond would follow where Connor went, probably to Europe: in particular London. Or France. To 'finish off the Templars'.

I think it's something that would likely happen, seeing as this is an annual franchise.

Assassin_M
06-18-2012, 03:41 PM
This is Desmond`s final game..
Its confirmed

RatonhnhakeFan
06-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Its confirmedBut we don't need Desmond to experience more of Ratonhnhaké:ton's memories. Memory Seals, DDM etc.

French Revolution would be nice and tie very well with American Revolution.

Jexx21
06-18-2012, 03:43 PM
And they said that they were probably taking a break after AC3 releases...

RatonhnhakeFan
06-18-2012, 03:44 PM
And they said that they were probably taking a break after AC3 releases...Please, we're talking Ubisoft:

http://www.old-picture.com/american-legacy/007/pictures/Milking-Cow.jpg

Assassin_M
06-18-2012, 03:46 PM
But we don't need Desmond to experience more of Ratonhnhaké:ton's memories. Memory Seals, DDM etc.

French Revolution would be nice and tie very well with American Revolution.
I wasnt talking about his Connor theory, but Desmond`s

tsc0308
06-18-2012, 03:47 PM
French Revolutoin would be cool but... we've already got one revolution. Could focus on something different. If it was at all during the Napoleonic Wars it would be awesome... imagine if Napoleon was a Templar...

Battle alongside Lord Nelson at Trafalgar? They've added naval combat so it's possible.

BBALive
06-18-2012, 05:13 PM
French Revolution/Napoleonic Wars or the War of 1812, or both.

I doubt it'll happen though. Maybe in the form of DLC.

rileypoole1234
06-18-2012, 05:25 PM
As much as I want an AC in France, I don't see a reason for Connor to go there at all. Unless of course there could many Templars in Europe that Connor is after. It could make sense, but I don't see it.

freddie_1897
06-18-2012, 05:44 PM
i'd really like one in london, but not with Connor

Sushiglutton
06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
French revolution feels like such a natural step. Paris is one of the most amazing cities in the world ofc. And 1789 is pretty close to 1783.

Sick_one12
06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Its confirmed

I wouldnt be so sure about that anymore.A year ago it was often said that ACIII will conclude Desmonds story,but recently Matt Turner,Corey May,Alex Hutchinson etc. dont comment on that anymore,so I think plans may have changed:D

kudos17
06-18-2012, 06:12 PM
I wouldnt be so sure about that anymore.A year ago it was often said that ACIII will conclude Desmonds story,but recently Matt Turner,Corey May,Alex Hutchinson etc. dont comment on that anymore,so I think plans may have changed:D

Ugh, I swear, if AC3 is another cliffhanger... I'm done with the series.

Everything has built up to this point. I'll be okay if they leave room open to continue the story, but if they leave Desmond and the gang without closure... Yeah, they'll be milking the series hard, and I will be done. I get that crap enough from other game franchises, don't need it from this one, too. :mad:

RatonhnhakeFan
06-18-2012, 06:13 PM

Not to mention that Desmond's story was supposed to be a trilogy. Ubi of course stopped mentioning that as soon as AC2 came out and ACB was being developed lol

rileypoole1234
06-18-2012, 06:13 PM
i'd really like one in london, but not with Connor

That's my number one location.

mattahleen
06-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah the french revolution seems more like something for Aveline. Maybe Connor has to go for a tad bit to ensure the great Ben Frank makes it back ok or something.

mattahleen
06-18-2012, 06:50 PM
NO CONNOR TRILOGY. Perhaps they can have both Connor's and Avaline's stories wrapped up in one game. Also if there is a character in Utopia, him/her as well. They can even introduce a new modern character. A lot can happen in one game.

Turul.
06-18-2012, 06:56 PM
the next step would in all likelyhood be the french revolution. or westword expansion....think Oregon trail

RatonhnhakeFan
06-18-2012, 08:52 PM
NO CONNOR TRILOGY. Perhaps they can have both Connor's and Avaline's stories wrapped up in one game. Also if there is a character in Utopia, him/her as well. They can even introduce a new modern character. A lot can happen in one game.
Maybe a trilogy would be too much. But 2 games for each? Would be perfect IMO. Ezio got 3 games, why other characters can only have 1?

FirestarLuva
06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Alex said that if people love Connor as much as they [Ubisoft] do, they might have another game with him. I'm not sure about a trilogy, but one more game with Connor would be nice. A lot of people love him already and AC3 will span around 30 years of Connor's life, if AC3 is ending in 1783, then Connor would be about 30. There are still enough years to explore. The French Revolution seems like a good choice, maybe in the next game we can have co-op, Connor and Aveline maybe, something similiar like in Revelations, Corey May did say it was a future possibility. And even if AC3 is Desmond's last game, that doesn't mean we need to have the Animus in every game, like, for example, AC: Bloodlines didn't future Desmond nor the Animus.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Alex said that if people love Connor as much as they [Ubisoft] do, they might have another game with him. I'm not sure about a trilogy, but one more game with Connor would be nice. Where did he say this? :D Any link? Great news! :D

A lot of people love him already and AC3 will span around 30 years of Connor's life, if AC3 is ending in 1783, then Connor would be about 30.He would be just 28 in 1983. Still very young

There are still enough years to explore. The French Revolution seems like a good choice, maybe in the next game we can have co-op, Connor and Aveline maybe, something similiar like in Revelations, Corey May did say it was a future possibility. And even if AC3 is Desmond's last game, that doesn't mean we need to have the Animus in every game, like, for example, AC: Bloodlines didn't future Desmond nor the Animus.I do agree with people who say that French Revolution would fit Aveline more though. It would be perfect for her second game.

As for Bloodlines, it did feature Animus and it was mentioned that Subject 17 is using it so it was still Desmond in Animus relieving Altair's memories even if he wasn't featured on screen and we didn't really see modern gameplay. In any case, with stuff like Memory Seals or DDM etc. we ain't bounded by Desmond.

FirestarLuva
06-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Where did he say this? :D Any link? Great news! :D

I'll try to find it, but I'm sure Alex said that they will 'find a way' to put him in another game, if he has a lot of fans that is. :)

doylen
06-18-2012, 10:57 PM
This has been confirmed as Desmond's last game, so chances are Connor is a one hit wonder. In all likelihood, the series will continue with another storyline after the 2012 plot succeeds/is stopped. On the other hand, the game may pick up as another descendant of Connor but I doubt it. If Connor returns, it would probably be the War of 1812, which is in the process of a Bicentennial.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-18-2012, 11:02 PM
This has been confirmed as Desmond's last game
And back in the day Desmond's story was confirmed to be a trilogy and then everyone at Ubisoft pretended they never said it. In recent interviews, AC devs refused to say "this is the last time we see Desmond" when questioned, so I'm beginning to think plans changed

doylen
06-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Interesting. I like Desmond and all, but they haven't really done enough to make me care whether or not his story continues after this game, but maybe ACIII will change that. Hopefully they don't continue his story in modern day because that would sacrifice the historical side of the game.

brick177
06-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Today is actually 200 years to the day that US declared war on the British Empire starting the War of 1812. It was a mundane war, and Washington, DC was burnt to the ground. That's about it. I don't think it would make a good game, and Connor would be in his 60's I think, so, even more so not a good game. The French Revolution is the most logical step for an expansion after the American Revolution. Whether or not they use Connor, I don't care. However, saying AC3 is Desmond's last game doesn't mean an expansion is out of the question. UbiSoft tends to think of "Game" in the sense of "Numbered Title". So, no Desmond in AC4, but AC3: Paris would make sense. UbiSoft is a French company after all.

Evenesque
06-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Victorian England.

http://api.ning.com/files/SpvOjhSX9WKRMY7SJciFQtNyJx2xb6TvOgbIEKUiLNRVcXoG*4 fwZtr1XOm9TAAsO5*hzuj9875*olO7gvPSDQ__/assassinscreedvictorianlondon.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1814/victorianassassin.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/004/b/0/victorian_assassin_by_Jastorama.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/267/f/3/victorian_creed_by_dimitrosw-d2zczen.jpg

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Like I said earlier, I do agree though that French Revolution would suit Aveline much more. I wouldn't mind at all if the non-numbered sequel to AC3 featured her instead of Ratonhnhaké:ton. This way she could get her own "main systems" game (on PS3/360/PC)

Calvarok
06-19-2012, 02:47 AM
I would be happy if Aveline got her own game instead of Connor. It would make sense, since Connor is Desmond's ancestor and we will probably not be playin as Des again.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 02:53 AM
I would be happy if Aveline got her own game instead of Connor. It would make sense, since Connor is Desmond's ancestor and we will probably not be playin as Des again.
Memory Seals, DDM, passing his memories onto someone else via some POE device, using Desmond's father/mother, or some other descendant of Ratonhnhaké:ton. We don't need Desmond to view memories of his ancestors in future games

Evenesque
06-19-2012, 03:01 AM
Memory Seals, DDM, passing his memories onto someone else via some POE device, using Desmond's father/mother, or some other descendant of Ratonhnhaké:ton. We don't need Desmond to view memories of his ancestors in future games

All we would need is a relative of him, however distant. That's potentially a lot of people we could see strapped into an Animus.

Calvarok
06-19-2012, 03:01 AM
Yes, but it would be a good excuse to not use Connor again, I'm saying.

Evenesque
06-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Yes, but it would be a good excuse to not use Connor again, I'm saying.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Connor show up as a main protagonist in an AC game after this. I can already tell I'll enjoy the hell out of being him.

Calvarok
06-19-2012, 03:15 AM
His game is covering an even longer story arc than AC2. I don't think I want to stretch it out too long.

Evenesque
06-19-2012, 03:19 AM
His game is covering an even longer story arc than AC2. I don't think I want to stretch it out too long.

I wouldn't mind if it covered the same amount of game as Ezio. I never got tired of Ezio. I got burnt out on the sameness of the games around him, despite having fun playing all of them. Revelations was the first AC game that bored me just a little.

Calvarok
06-19-2012, 03:27 AM
Brotherhood bored me, and Revelations re-interested me. :P Guess we're opposites. And yeah, this game seems a lot bigger than AC2. I expect that they'll end it on a more definite note than they ended AC2, as well.

Even though I didn't get tired of Ezio, I would rather they didn't stick to a formula regarding releases. Not every sequel should be a trilogy. That's confusing, anyways. In 10 years people are going to be so confused about AC already, what with 5 games and the last one is numbered "3".

Evenesque
06-19-2012, 03:32 AM
Brotherhood bored me, and Revelations re-interested me. :P Guess we're opposites. And yeah, this game seems a lot bigger than AC2. I expect that they'll end it on a more definite note than they ended AC2, as well.

Even though I didn't get tired of Ezio, I would rather they didn't stick to a formula regarding releases. Not every sequel should be a trilogy. That's confusing, anyways. In 10 years people are going to be so confused about AC already, what with 5 games and the last one is numbered "3".

People are a lot more used to that than you might initially think. Grand Theft Auto IV was not the fourth Grand Theft Auto.

Calvarok
06-19-2012, 03:40 AM
But with grand theft auto you're not going to really lose any of the story impact no matter where you start. AC has games with critical story progression that could be easy to misplace because they're not numbered. If someone played 1-2-3, Lucy would essentially die offscreen, not to mention other things would be confusing.

doylen
06-19-2012, 03:41 AM
I got bored with Brotherhood and Revelations, but they were still great games, just didn't see the replay value that I had w/ part 2. I beat AC2 four times, one of them almost 100% completion, although I did get platinum trophy on it. I hope 3 has the replay value, and they don't milk Connor's story out. I think the one game will probably be enough.

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 03:42 AM
People are a lot more used to that than you might initially think. Grand Theft Auto IV was not the fourth Grand Theft Auto.
To be frank, some people called GTA IV, GTA 9 -_-

doylen
06-19-2012, 03:45 AM
To be frank, some people called GTA IV, GTA 9 -_-
It basically was

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 03:47 AM
It basically was
No, you do not understand..
They said that Rockstar is stupid for calling it GTA IV and not 9..
kind of like the argument that AC III is Assassins Creed 5

Evenesque
06-19-2012, 03:52 AM
No, you do not understand..
They said that Rockstar is stupid for calling it GTA IV and not 9..
kind of like the argument that AC III is Assassins Creed 5

Um, yes, he does understand....

And I've never seen, heard, or read of anyone calling it GTA 9. Ever.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 03:57 AM
All we would need is a relative of him, however distant. That's potentially a lot of people we could see strapped into an Animus.We actually don't even need any relative of his. He doesn't even need to have a kid. Like I said, stuff like Memory Seals and DDM is already in the lore and allows to bypass the need for any descendant completly

His game is covering an even longer story arc than AC2. I don't think I want to stretch it out too long.Not really. Ratonhnhaké:ton will be 28 at most at the end of AC3, Ezio was 40 at the end of AC2

Evenesque
06-19-2012, 04:01 AM
We actually don't even need any relative of his. He doesn't even need to have a kid. Like I said, stuff like Memory Seals and DDM is already in the lore and allows to bypass the need for any descendant completly

Not really. Ratonhnhaké:ton will be 28 at most at the end of AC3, Ezio was 40 at the end of AC2

I don't understand why memory seals bypass a genetic relation. And what's a DDM?

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Um, yes, he does understand....

And I've never seen, heard, or read of anyone calling it GTA 9. Ever.
Thats just you. I have met people like that, its not like you`v traveled the whole world..

Calvarok
06-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Umm, AC3 will be over 30 years, and it starts with Conner at 17. So he'll be 47 by the end, which is basically the length of AC2 and brotherhood put together. And there will probably be less huge time skips than AC2 had, making it seem longer.

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 04:06 AM
I don't understand why memory seals bypass a genetic relation. And what's a DDM?
As of now, We do not know how exactly seals work..
The DDM is the device used in Project legacy to relive memories and bypasses the limitations of the Animus..

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 04:12 AM
I don't understand why memory seals bypass a genetic relation. And what's a DDM?Altair imprinted his memories into Memory Seals, that's how Ezio was able to relive them even though Ezio has no relation to Altair. And DDM is a machine capable of letting anyone relieve and 'farmed' memories. We don't know how exactly memories can get farmed, but presumably, it's just based on taking one's DNA (from a hair for example) and sticking it into DDM machine to allow someone to relive memories from that DNA

Umm, AC3 will be over 30 years, and it starts with Conner at 17. So he'll be 47 by the end, which is basically the length of AC2 and brotherhood put together. And there will probably be less huge time skips than AC2 had, making it seem longer.The game doesn't start when he's 17, it starts 2 years before he's even born, in 1753 and end in 1783 so he will be 28 at the end

Calvarok
06-19-2012, 04:12 AM
I think the DDM is basically a seal that anyone can use when you get down to it. The Seals bypass memory because they're not passed down, they're stored to be accessed by anyone with enough TWCB DNA. I think the DDM works off of recorded DNA memory though, so it's not actually the same.

xOMGITSJASONx
06-19-2012, 04:25 AM
I have no idea but after four games Ubi has done a good job.

Evenesque
06-19-2012, 05:02 AM
Just because Ezio's not a direct descendant doesn't mean he's not related. If he wasn't related, Desmond wouldn't be able to go from Altair to Ezio. He's just a removed descendant, Ubi explained it a while ago. And the Seals only open for a certain lineage. Ezio could open it when Leo couldn't. But Altair lost the PoE to someone we know nothing about for a while. He may have been able to lock it to everyone but a trace descendant.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Just because Ezio's not a direct descendant doesn't mean he's not related. If he wasn't related, Desmond wouldn't be able to go from Altair to Ezio. He's just a removed descendant, Ubi explained it a while ago. And the Seals only open for a certain lineage. Ezio could open it when Leo couldn't. But Altair lost the PoE to someone we know nothing about for a while. He may have been able to lock it to everyone but a trace descendant.Altair and Ezio ain't related: http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-revelations/videos/assassins-creed-revelations-desmonds-ancestry-explained-6339000/

naran6142
06-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Just because Ezio's not a direct descendant doesn't mean he's not related. If he wasn't related, Desmond wouldn't be able to go from Altair to Ezio. He's just a removed descendant, Ubi explained it a while ago. And the Seals only open for a certain lineage. Ezio could open it when Leo couldn't. But Altair lost the PoE to someone we know nothing about for a while. He may have been able to lock it to everyone but a trace descendant.

ya there not related... ex) desmonds mom is descendant of ezio, william is descendant of altair

doylen
06-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Umm, AC3 will be over 30 years, and it starts with Conner at 17. So he'll be 47 by the end, which is basically the length of AC2 and brotherhood put together. And there will probably be less huge time skips than AC2 had, making it seem longer.

Actually he will probably be younger. We play as him through part of his childhood i believe, so we don't know whether that 30 years starts at 17, or if it starts with him as a child with his Mohawk family

Dtanobo
06-19-2012, 07:43 AM
It would be so cool for it to go remotely western or wasteland like. I love those types of locations but then again there wouldn't be many places to climb through

BBALive
06-19-2012, 09:28 AM

They said it takes place from 1753 to 1783. Connor was born in 1755.

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
I had a dream that Connor went to England to visit his British family. It was very amusing, and I climbed Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, and Westminster Abbey.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 05:02 PM
I had a dream that Connor went to England to visit his British family. It was very amusing, and I climbed Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, and Westminster Abbey.

London for AC3 sequel with Ratonhnhaké:ton, Paris during French Revolution for ACL sequel with Aveline. Do it Ubi! :D

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 05:06 PM
London for AC3 sequel with Ratonhnhaké:ton, Paris during French Revolution for ACL sequel with Aveline. Do it Ubi! :D

It's logical! I second this!
:D

tsc0308
06-19-2012, 05:21 PM
What years were Jack the Ripper active? That would be a VERY interesting dynamic. And he could meet/work with a young Charles Darwin, as well as some prominent engineers of the time. And there's always a chance for Duke of Wellington, Admiral Nelson and Napoleon action, if naval stuff is kept.

I'd say Victorian London for ACIII and French Revolution for ACL

JumpInTheFire13
06-20-2012, 12:27 AM
He would be just 28 in 1983. Still very young

Actually, he'd be over 200.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Actually, he'd be over 200.

Typo :p Meant 1783 of course :o

JumpInTheFire13
06-20-2012, 12:45 AM
What does DDM actually stand for though? I think it's something like "Data Dump Machine," but I can't remember.
If Ubi continues on the significance of the number 72, the AC: Paris idea would fit extremely well.
AC3 begins in 1753. 17 + 53 = 72, and, since the French Revolution begins in 1789, 89 - 17 = 72.

Calvarok
06-20-2012, 12:47 AM
That may be by design, or a really creepy coincidence. Since 72 was introduced in Brotherhood and the first clues as to the american revolution setting were dropped at the end of that, seems possible they thought of it.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 12:56 AM
What does DDM actually stand for though? I think it's something like "Data Dump Machine," but I can't remember.
Yeah, Data Dump Machine. You farm some memories and then use DDM to access them. It's the same as Animus, just that it doesn't access the DNA of the person who uses it but already farmed memories.

brick177
06-20-2012, 03:51 AM
Connor goes with the American delegation to Paris to sign the peace treaty with Britain and decides to stay to help establish/continue their Assassin brotherhood. This puts him in the French Revolution (first sequel) and the in the Napoleonic Wars (second sequel).

Jexx21
06-20-2012, 03:57 AM
I thought it was called the DDS, not the DDM?

JumpInTheFire13
06-20-2012, 04:06 AM
I thought it was called the DDS, not the DDM?
Data Dump Scanner sounded better to me too, but people here were saying DDM so I just guessed Machine.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 04:06 AM
I thought it was called the DDS, not the DDM?Oh snap you're right xD It's DDS - Data Dump Scanner

mattahleen
06-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Id love for Connor to go to the uk or whatever it was called back then, but we will get twice as many complaints about killing British, so we should still be able to go to the colonies as well, i mean America lol.

brefcourte
06-20-2012, 12:54 PM
dear devs, please take connor to machu picchu !!!

killaGHOST41
07-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Connor goes with the American delegation to Paris to sign the peace treaty with Britain and decides to stay to help establish/continue their Assassin brotherhood. This puts him in the French Revolution (first sequel) and the in the Napoleonic Wars (second sequel).

This would be my dream because there is so many interesting and gory events that take place during this time period and Conner is such a interesting character. Please devs make this happen lol!!!

FirestarLuva
07-20-2012, 11:33 PM
This would be my dream because there is so many interesting and gory events that take place during this time period and Conner is such a interesting character. Please devs make this happen lol!!!

I agree. Not only on this site but on many others I've seen people want a game with Connor during the French Revolution. A spin-off like Brotherhood. :P Unless Connor dies at the end of AC3. :'(

WolfTemplar94
07-21-2012, 01:10 AM
I'd rather not. Everything is good in moderation.

JCearlyyears
07-21-2012, 01:15 AM
I agree. Not only on this site but on many others I've seen people want a game with Connor during the French Revolution. A spin-off like Brotherhood. :P Unless Connor dies at the end of AC3. :'(

Connor can't die at the end of AC3 unless there is a necrophiliac woman to take his genes and pass on the genetic memories.

greatgeek
07-21-2012, 07:29 AM
If Connor is as interesting as Ezio I'd love to see his story continue, even if the sequels turn out like ACB and ACR.

I can see Connor travelling to

-France 1789 - 1800
-Haiti 1791- 1804
-Ireland 1798
-Mexico 1810-1821