PDA

View Full Version : Ac2 - dna sequence 8

Toddy2Hotty
06-18-2012, 03:02 AM
So how pissed am I at this game?! :mad: I just wasted another two weeks of playing this **** game all over again, all because on my first playthrough it glitched and didn't give me the trophy for completing DNA Sequence 8 as well as the Fly Swatter achievement... and guess what? I played it all over again up to that point using a new save game, and IT GLITCHED AGAIN! NO ACHIEVEMENTS UNLOCKED. This is absolutely ridiculous. Thanks for wasting my time Ubisoft! Why did you decide to take out the ability to replay specific DNA sequences in this game? Especially when it's so full of stupid glitches like this. It also glitched on me for Podesta of Monteriggioni achievement on my first playthrough as well... and I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say that if I continue playing after sequence 8 has already glitched again, that I probably won't get this one again either... so really what's the point. Thanks for nothing.

Gespenst1246
06-18-2012, 03:15 AM
have you brought it up to customer support?

rileypoole1234
06-18-2012, 03:20 AM
No need to yell at Ubi. Maybe bring it up with customer support or something.

Aphex_Tim
06-18-2012, 05:26 AM
Or maybe you should just enjoy the game and not call it **** for not being able to unlock an achievement.

JumpInTheFire13
06-18-2012, 05:40 AM
You said "trophy" so I'm assuming you're playing on PS3. The same thing happened to me on Sequence 7. Try replaying it without being signed in to PSN. It worked for me, and I had to play through it 3 times before I realized that.

However, it shouldn't be difficult to replay the game. You should enjoy it. It's an incredible game.

Aaaaanndd, if you're playing AC only for the trophies/achievements, there is something wrong with you.

De Filosoof
06-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Raging about achievements? Really?

iSoTryHard
06-18-2012, 07:05 AM
if it keeps happening just finish the game and it might pop up and are you 100% sure you finished sequence 8

Toddy2Hotty
06-18-2012, 06:44 PM
First off, I'm not yelling at anyone, nor am I "raging about achievements"... what I am is annoyed that I wasted my time, for apparently nothing. Maybe you all have unlimited amounts of free time at your disposal, but I do not - so what free time I have, I value... and to have completely wasted it, is a little frustrating. None of you have ever been frustrated with something that doesn't work properly? Please... give me a break. Must be an absolutely perfect world you live in then. Sounds like a nice place to visit, got any time-shares you can sell me there? :p

Aphex_Tim, I did in fact enjoy the game, BOTH times I have played through it now... but I'm disappointed that I can't finish it 100%, because of some apparent glitches. Assassins4l1f3, yes, I've completed sequence 8 completely, as now I'm doing things in sequence 9... and no, you can't replay individual memory sequences like you can in any of the other AC games. So again, at this point I have to try and replay it all over again from the beginning... with no guarantees that it won't glitch again for a 3rd time.

And yes, I've submitted it to customer support, and it now shows the issue as "solved" with this as the only response, "Thank you for reporting this issue. I have sent this along through the appropriate channels for investigation."

Lonesoldier2012
06-18-2012, 06:50 PM
I really don't think the OP is even old enough to have bought Assassin's Creed.

Toddy2Hotty
06-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Aaaaanndd, if you're playing AC only for the trophies/achievements, there is something wrong with you.

I don't play games just for the achievements, I play them because I enjoy the entire experience... but that being said, when I do play them, I like to try and finish them 100%. That was the whole reason I was playing it over to begin with - to finish something that didn't work properly the first time through. I never said I didn't enjoy the game, I've loved the entire AC series from the start and own them all, and fully intend to buy AC3 when it comes out later this year too.

FYI - the word that was censored out of my original post was d-a-m-n... my apologies, I didn't realize it was such a taboo word to say in a moment of frustration.

Toddy2Hotty
06-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I really don't think the OP is even old enough to have bought Assassin's Creed.

After going back through some of your previous posts, I must say that's a classic comment ;)