PDA

View Full Version : Will there be co-op in AC3?

DreadxHawk
06-18-2012, 12:53 AM
I've heard multiple claims both for it will and it wont, can anyone clarify? Thanks

Vex_Assassin
06-18-2012, 01:02 AM
No coop in AC3. Xbox made a mistake when they listed the game.

obliviondoll
06-18-2012, 01:58 AM
All claims of co-op lead back to the XBox listing error, and since then, Ubisoft have formally announced that there's definitely no co-op in AC3.

Sorry if you were hoping otherwise.

medcsu
06-18-2012, 02:24 AM
I sure hope not. Co-Op in AC sounds ******ed.

DavisP92
06-18-2012, 05:20 AM
Co-op would make the game so much more enjoyable after i beat the game multiple times. Even more enjoyable then multiplayer, but from what i've heard from people that have been keeping their eyes out on this concept there is NO co-op for AC3. Sad i know, but oh well. next game maybe

edit: mods please close this thread :)

De Filosoof
06-18-2012, 06:24 AM
I'm glad there won't be co-op:).

doylen
06-18-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm hoping for no Co-op capabilities. AC is known as a single player game, and should stay that way. When multiplayer first released for Brotherhood, I thought it was cool, but I got tired of it quick. Didn't even touch online in Revelations. I just don't think multiplayer belongs in the series. Seems like just a way to sell more copies to me. Online seems to take away from the game itself.

Calvarok
06-19-2012, 02:30 AM
I'm hoping for no Co-op capabilities. AC is known as a single player game, and should stay that way. When multiplayer first released for Brotherhood, I thought it was cool, but I got tired of it quick. Didn't even touch online in Revelations. I just don't think multiplayer belongs in the series. Seems like just a way to sell more copies to me. Online seems to take away from the game itself.
It's made by a different studio so it doesn't, and I could play it forever if they fixed connection issues servers and glitches. Tons of people enjoy it even if you don't, and it gives the game replayability. If you don't want to use it, don't, but at least you'll have something to **** around with after you've exhausted the rest of the game. Oh, and in Revelations you you level up you unlock story tidbits, with the final one being reeaaally interesting and important to the story, so... might wanna get on that.

eagleforlife1
06-19-2012, 06:21 AM

Agreed, multiplayer is so repetitive.

Calvarok
06-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Agreed, multiplayer is so repetitive.
Multiplayer is about playing matches. It's supposed to be balanced and fair. It's not supposed to be different every time, because then it has no rules. It's basically a sport. We call sports that aren't repetitive "inconsistent". And that's not a good thing.

Cpt_Yanni
06-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Free roaming with friends in The Frontier and the cities would be awesome imo... :). (And perhaps a little Side-story featuring Aveline and Conner as co-op DLC? I think that co-op and free roaming would be more enjoyable than the current multiplayer. )

mockers00
06-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Kind of dumb they did not add co-op, they even discussed it, in interviews when revelations was releasing that their won't be co-op but realize it's a heavy demand and will look into in the next title, but nooo once again they don't listen to the community. Co-op would not hurt the game one bit, Free Roam co-op with the ability to do a few co-op quest and assassination missions and infiltrate gang hideouts with some co-op kill moves and interactions would have been a cool mode. Of coarse focus on the single player but adding this mode would have not water down anything. I am still happy with the game nonetheless, I love the single player and I love multiplayer, I just wish they would have listend to the community. I mean even dead space has co-op, I mean cmon really dead space but not AC?

obliviondoll
06-22-2012, 09:34 AM
The game mechanics in Dead Space aren't going to be nearly as problematic as AC's combat system would become in a co-op setting. There's a reason the competitive multiplayer doesn't use the single player combat system, remember? And if they cut out too much of the combat, the excitement of free-roam goes downhill fast.

And free roam co-op is harder to implement than it looks when you see the handful of games that have done it well - there's a reason it's not done often.

mockers00
06-22-2012, 09:45 AM
The game mechanics in Dead Space aren't going to be nearly as problematic as AC's combat system would become in a co-op setting. There's a reason the competitive multiplayer doesn't use the single player combat system, remember? And if they cut out too much of the combat, the excitement of free-roam goes downhill fast.

And free roam co-op is harder to implement than it looks when you see the handful of games that have done it well - there's a reason it's not done often.

I don't see problems with co-op in AC3? it would nearly be the same as single player? Just adding co-op kills and Co-op interactions could be tricky and that's even if they wanted to add it. I am not a devolper or a game maker so I can't say it's easy but I don't see the problem. Well Free roam would get boring, but that;s why you would add quest, gang hideouts, hunting, Player assigned activties for example: assign a race to here to their, players can use any path they choose in the forest, another example would be assigning a target on a tree players make a competition out of it by seeing who can get closer to the middle with their bows. Alot of content they could add to make it less stagnic, but of coarse it takes alot of work.

Multiplayer was only done like that because of the PVP issue, because it would be extremely difficult to do combat against other players, since single player your really one sided and awesome against npc's but in multiplayer it would turn it to either button mashing or some type of horriable slow turn based system and it would not stop being from just running and assinating you while your fighting. In co-op your not fighting eachother at all, it would be the same as single player, you all fight npc's the only thing they would have to alter is going after the same target at one time, which would not be all that diffcult, if they can pull off some of the stuff they have in single player already. Only issue I could see is maybe to many graphics and animations going on with more then one player considering the map size is 1000000X bigger then a multiplayer map but I dont know really.

Also the multiplayer turned out to be better without the single player combat, as it just kept the stealth and free running of single player.

blazefp
06-22-2012, 05:37 PM

All of that is true but they had 3 years to make a game and already knew we wanted co-op since Brotherhood. I understand why they didn't make it in Rev but now, with a better engine, couldn't they just limit the area for co-op so it wouldn't ask so much from the console? Like east/west/north/south Boston. Feels a little as they haven't looked much into this.

The combat system isn't that hard either, they've managed to create npc using all kinds of weapons, what's the problem in letting a person do it instead of a virtual character?

mockers00
06-22-2012, 05:45 PM
All of that is true but they had 3 years to make a game and already knew we wanted co-op since Brotherhood. I understand why they didn't make it in Rev but now, with a better engine, couldn't they just limit the area for co-op so it wouldn't ask so much from the console? Like east/west/north/south Boston. Feels a little as they haven't looked much into this.

The combat system isn't that hard either, they've managed to create npc using all kinds of weapons, what's the problem in letting a person do it instead of a virtual character?

Amen, if you read my post I said similar things. I heard in a multiplayer interview they had a suprise mode everyone wanted and if they intregrat some stupid co-op like they did in uncharted im going to be pissed. I do not want multiplayer co-op unless it's verse the other team, I just want the single player co-op so I hope he was not leaning towards that idea.

Mr_Shade
06-22-2012, 07:27 PM
The game does not feature co op.

Never has and never will for ACIII - sorry to disappoint you.

I am locking the thread, since even after the news - people are still hoping for it, which in turn leads to confusion for new users, who then assume the game has it.