PDA

View Full Version : Connor killing non-redcoats

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:02 PM
A user on the Assassin's Creed Wiki called Thehawk98 has posted pictures of Connor killing soldiers who are clearly not redcoats, taken from the small gameplay trailer shown last at the AC3 section of the Ubisoft conference at E3, specifically this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwvOTM110zM

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120614151647/assassinscreed/images/0/0c/Another_bluecoat%27s_death.jpg
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120614131156/assassinscreed/images/3/38/Kill_the_bluecoat.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120614131112/assassinscreed/images/e/e8/Killing_a_native_american_%28i_think%29.jpg

I'm not entirely sure whether these are colonial soldiers but they sure as hell look like them. But at least now hopefully people can stop complaining about Connor killing only redcoats and embrace the claims Ubisoft has been making... Redcoats just look very juicy on snow. And please don't start complaining about the footage being "too short" because... argh.

playassassins1
06-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I love you.....

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Are you serious? the images are shown in the last part of the trailer and it is a montage of shots of the game where you would have to pause to see they are not British. The preceding trailer is a lengthy trailer where the British are the enemy. If you can't see it for yourself that the media on AC3 is skewed towards killing British soldiers then you are too biased.

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Are you serious? the images are shown in the last part of the trailer and it is a montage of shots of the game where you would have to pause to see they are not British. The preceding trailer is a lengthy trailer where the British are the enemy. If you can't see it for yourself that the media on AC3 is skewed towards killing British soldiers then you are too biased.

Luckily you aren't biased at all...

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:13 PM
BIASED ??
HOW THE HELL CAN YOU EVEN USE THAT WORD ??i

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:16 PM

Remember how in nearly all trailers for AC1 Alta´r would kill Crusaders and hardly any Saracens? Well, now the Crusaders are the British and the Saracens are the colonists. Same with the Byzantines in ACR. If anyone is biased, it's you. Your bland refusal to face facts in favor of your patriotism of Britain proves that.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:18 PM
BIASED ??
HOW THE HELL CAN YOU EVEN USE THAT WORD ??i

Very easily, nobody is able to argue that the trailers and media are focussed on killing British soldiers because the trailers and media are clearly anti-British. There is nothing wrong with me standing up against this when the British are clearly being marketed against.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Very easily, nobody is able to argue that the trailers and media are focussed on killing British soldiers because the trailers and media are clearly anti-British. There is nothing wrong with me standing up for my home country when it is clearly being marketed against.
Holy crap man..
YOUR COUNTRY IS THE SECOND STRONGEST IN THE WORLD FOR GOD`S SAKE !!
ITS A GAME !! HELL !! we Arabs did not complain for showing Altair kill saracens..

crash10310
06-14-2012, 08:20 PM
I can't believe people are still arguing about this !!!
:mad:

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Saint_Shield, would you please take your arguments back to your own thread? That is not the topic of this thread.

smengler
06-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Okay, I think I should clear things up a little bit for everyone.

What we know:
1) The developers have said that we will be fighting both sides
2) 99% of the videos and images shown by Ubisoft have been Connor killing the British

This is where you have to trust the developers. I think what has happened is that the developers built the game around fighting both sides (but I'm willing to bet that you'll fight the British a bit more), but the marketing team has seen the opportunity of advertising this to the US. The developers probably do not like this too much, so they are constantly trying to tell people that the game is more balanced than what is being shown. This is a little bit disappointing, but it's how business works. All we can do is hope for the best. One part of Ubisoft is telling us one thing, and the other part is telling us the opposite. You have to admit that Ubisoft's marketing team is consciously using advertising material that only shows Connor killing the British, even if they throw in a few short clips of the opposite. This is a fact. What you make of this information is up to you.

playassassins1
06-14-2012, 08:28 PM
There was an interview with Corey May.

He honestly said that the media is focusing on Redcoats, and he said you will also fight patriots.
And I think we can trust Corey on this one. So please stop arguing about it. Arguing won't change anything.......

And, like smengler said. The developers don't like this.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Saint_Shield, would you please take your arguments back to your own thread? That is not the topic of this thread.

You article is addressed to people that are complaining if you did not want people to respond then why make the topic?

What you really want is anybody with a complaint to roll over and give up.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:32 PM
You article is addressed to people that are complaining if you did not want people to respond then why make the topic?

and what you actually want is to keep whining.. so KEEP WHINING !!

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:33 PM

"The preceding trailer is a lengthy trailer where the British are the enemy. If you can't see it for yourself that the media on AC3 is skewed towards killing British soldiers then you are too biased."

No, I just don't give a **** about your opinions of the other trailers; which is not the topic of this thread, as I said.

GunnarGunderson
06-14-2012, 08:39 PM
If Americans weren't so easily offended I'm sure we would have seen Connor kill a colonial by now. And those soldiers in the OP aren't redcoats but they are British, they're the agile runner archetype from the E3 demo

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:41 PM
If Americans weren't so easily offended I'm sure we would have seen Connor kill a colonial by now. And those soldiers in the OP aren't redcoats but they are British, they're the agile runners like in the E3 demo

Being agiles doesn't mean they get different-colored uniforms. Colonists or not, they sure as hell don't look to be British Army soldiers.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:42 PM
being agiles doesn't mean they get different-colored uniforms. Colonists or not, they sure as hell don't look to be british army soldiers.
everyone was british for god`s sake !!

playassassins1
06-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Oh my god.... No one wlll ever stop whining about this.....

Please, just stop it....

Just... Ignore Saint_Shield.

sticks165
06-14-2012, 08:45 PM

This.

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:46 PM

That's why I said "British Army soldiers"...

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:47 PM
That's why I said "British Army soldiers"...
Sorry, mate..
just a little pissed..
where are the Mods darn it ?

playassassins1
06-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Sorry, mate..
just a little pissed..
where are the Mods darn it ?

The mods are tired to keep explaining that he's after Templars and not the British...

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
The mods are tired to keep explaining that he's after Templars and not the British...
THE CLOSE IT !! with out warning

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:55 PM
THE CLOSE IT !! with out warning

Well, closing this thread would also mean this topic easily gets a few pages back and then the images would also be unseen. Maybe Saint_Shield is not convinced, but I'm sure that others will be. And frankly, I don't really see how he has to ruin anything for anybody and why we must let him.

Evenesque
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
This thread has shown up before.

I said it then, and I'll say it now. That's still a british soldier. Watch the frontier demo again, and pay attention to the uniform on the first man Connor has to chase down.

oliacr
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM

you are totally an idiot. this is a VIDEO GAME and its history : ASSASSIN'S CREED = Assassins vs Templars
you're crying for this, then grab a pistol and...
german and russian people didn't cry for this when COD has arrived where those people were the enemy - just you you...

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 09:00 PM
This thread has shown up before.

I said it then, and I'll say it now. That's still a british soldier. Watch the frontier demo again, and pay attention to the uniform on the first man Connor has to chase down.

http://gyazo.com/bd7367794e3c5efa141e1af6abcce32f.png?1339703818

Hmm, you are right... Oh well.

Evenesque
06-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Found it. The linked thread was almost a carbon copy of this one until I chimed in with what I said above. Read the whole thing and you'll see.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/682148-Very-very-sneaky-Ubisoft-but-I-was-not-fooled

Despite the fact that it's still not a colonist, what we should take away from these pictures is that what we're seeing is an enemy archetype that's only shown up fleetingly in footage so far. Our time would be better spent trying to figure out what his combat role is. I think he's a lookout archetype. I also noticed, that in the frontier gameplay, when he runs away from Connor he drops his musket. Connor runs over it in the snow, and the only reason I know this is because the <pick up object> button appears.

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 09:07 PM
One more thing though, this picture:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/35924_403086153065705_1406059245_n.jpg

May just be Connor leading a group of colonists but he seems to be actively running away from them, and also Connor doesn't care about fighting the patriots' battles, so the latter option seems more likely.

Evenesque
06-14-2012, 09:10 PM
One more thing though, this picture:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/35924_403086153065705_1406059245_n.jpg

May just be Connor leading a group of colonists but he seems to be actively running away from them, and also Connor doesn't care about fighting the patriots' battles, so the latter option seems more likely.

The dead man on the ground looks to be a lineman from the British side. To me, this looks like Connor is aiding the troops behind him. The only one chasing him seems to be the on on our right. Seems to me that they just felled a Redcoat, and Connor's off to kill someone else and the Colonist decided to move in his direction. Only reason I'm saying that is because everyone else looks to be turned the other direction.

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 09:12 PM
The dead man on the ground looks to be a lineman from the British side. To me, this looks like Connor is aiding the troops behind him. The only one chasing him seems to be the on on our right. Seems to me that they just felled a Redcoat, and Connor's off to kill someone else and the Colonist decided to move in his direction. Only reason I'm saying that is because everyone else looks to be turned the other direction.

Hadn't noticed the dead redcoat. Still doesn't mix in well with "let the patriots fight their own battles."

Evenesque
06-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Hadn't noticed the dead redcoat. Still doesn't mix in well with "let the patriots fight their own battles."

Connor doesn't fight battles. He runs through musket lines and cannon fire, killing anyone in his way, and puts an arrow into a general's chest mid-air. This picture just looks like a piece of the journey to Connor's actual mark when an unfortunate Redcoat ran into the wrong person.

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Connor doesn't fight battles. He runs through musket lines and cannon fire, killing anyone in his way, and puts an arrow into a general's chest mid-air. This picture just looks like a piece of the journey to Connor's actual mark when an unfortunate Redcoat ran into the wrong person.

The art doesn't show that to me, personally.

Evenesque
06-14-2012, 09:27 PM
The art doesn't show that to me, personally.

And it shouldn't. I'm just talking about the latest trailer they showed us, where all of that happens. The picture, to me, just looks like we're seeing Connor on his way to something like that.

GunnarGunderson
06-14-2012, 09:32 PM
The everyone was British argument doesn't really work since Ubisoft is only showing the red British being killed. I'm sure the game will be as neutral as the developers promise but it's perfectly reasonable to be annoyed about the undeniable bias in the promotional material.

Evenesque
06-14-2012, 10:16 PM
The everyone was British argument doesn't really work since Ubisoft is only showing the red British being killed. I'm sure the game will be as neutral as the developers promise but it's perfectly reasonable to be annoyed about the undeniable bias in the promotional material.

Yea. It's one thing to be pissed about the marketing strategy they're using, which is only show us redcoats. It's another thing to take that animosity and translate it to the entire game. It's not the writers, animators, designers, director's fault that PR is misrepresenting the game. If you want to mad at something, be mad at the people directly responsible for the problem. Be mad at the directors of the media footage we've seen so far. It's fine to be mad about that. But use your brain before you convince yourself that the whole width and breadth of the game is like that. There's a really high chance that the game is just being misrepresented in the media, and it's as simple as that.

Evenesque
06-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Double post for some reason...

Locopells
06-14-2012, 10:27 PM

This.

BBALive
06-14-2012, 10:56 PM
A user on the Assassin's Creed Wiki called Thehawk98 has posted pictures of Connor killing soldiers who are clearly not redcoats, taken from the small gameplay trailer shown last at the AC3 section of the Ubisoft conference at E3, specifically this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwvOTM110zM

I'm not entirely sure whether these are colonial soldiers but they sure as hell look like them. But at least now hopefully people can stop complaining about Connor killing only redcoats and embrace the claims Ubisoft has been making... Redcoats just look very juicy on snow. And please don't start complaining about the footage being "too short" because... argh.

They aren't British. It's an archetype in the game called a "Snitch". There was one in the Frontier demo (after Connor killed the Redcoats outside the fort, a man went to run and alert the others, Connor chased him down and killed him). They're most likely Hessians, as they also wore blue.

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 11:03 PM
They aren't British. It's an archetype in the game called a "Snitch". There was one in the Frontier demo (after Connor killed the Redcoats outside the fort, a man went to run and alert the others, Connor chased him down and killed him). They're most likely Hessians, as they also wore blue.

That has been pointed out already.

Calvarok
06-15-2012, 02:38 AM
We weren't saying that the advertizing doesn't paint the British as the main antagonists. They appear to be, and I see no reason they shouldn't be. All we're saying is that these screens are proof of different enemies.

Anyways, the way the game is advertized has very little to do with the story. going by the AC2 advertizing could you tell that your main enemy would be the pope? No. The whole story was kept very tightly under wraps until the game came out, and the various factions you would fight were not obvious from the promotional material. Ubisoft have chosen to advertize Conner in situations where he's aiding the most sympathetic side of the war, as well as the people who won. They have the most fans in America, so this makes sense. Advertizing shows only one part of the puzzle. Going off AC1 advertizing the Crusaders were the enemy, but in the end they were the side that Altair made peace with.

It simply doesn't matter if they advertise the vs. brits aspect more as long as the game doesn't take that tone. And from little things like "let the patriots fight their own battles", and "freedom for who?", and the fact that the colonists attacked connor's freaking village when he was a kid, it does not seem like the patriots will be shown as perfect.

rileypoole1234
06-15-2012, 02:47 AM
WHO CARES? Everyone was British back then anyway! Killing an "American" is the same as killing a British person back then!

This is the most annoying thing ever. The game takes place in America, during the American war for independence! Based on that fact alone, we'll see many of both sides die!

What's the difference anyway? I'll happily slaughter 1,000 British people a day in a game, and I'm British!

People really need to remember: IT'S JUST A VIDEO GAME, IT'S FAKE.

Aphex_Tim
06-15-2012, 05:55 AM
*Sigh* Where were all these angry Brits when we killed English Crusaders in AC1?

ProletariatPleb
06-15-2012, 06:01 AM
*Sigh* Where were all these angry Brits when we killed English Crusaders in AC1?
As M yesterday said to me...
These British were more holier than the Crusaders LOL.

playassassins1
06-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Come on..... this thing is still going on....

It was all Saint shield's Fault! He started all this!!

Krayus Korianis
06-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Old hat... The only people who care are already so stuck up that they can't see straight.

AC III is a fake game. AC III deals heavily on historical events, and makes its own events instead. AC III is going to be AWESOME. If you do not agree, find a new game.

Also, it's about American Independence. OF COURSE IT IS GOING TO HAVE A VIDEO OF KILLING NOTHING BUT BRITISH SOLDIERS!

P.S. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Legendz54
06-15-2012, 08:10 AM
No one even mentions Connor is fighting Other natives in the third picture

ProletariatPleb
06-15-2012, 08:17 AM
No one even mentions Connor is fighting Other natives in the third picture
I did in a different thread, that got locked right after my post.

Anyway, what's the problem with people complaining about Redcoat killing really? They were the oppressors, the 'guards' patrolling were British, remind me in which AC game we didn't kill guards, or anyone else complained about killing guards. We have to kill guards to get to our objective mostly, now if you're gonna cry about it, I suggest you play some game that doesn't have people at all.

CSKarasu
06-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Nobody is debating whether you kill anyone other than the British in the game. The entire point was how skewed the marketing was and how it was anti-British.

itsamea-mario
06-15-2012, 11:33 AM
(comment removed)

Krayus Korianis
06-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Nobody is debating whether you kill anyone other than the British in the game. The entire point was how skewed the marketing was and how it was anti-British.

Now, because of you, I am Anti-British... Good day, miss.

itsamea-mario
06-15-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry :(

Mr_Shade
06-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Guys..

Lets remain civil...

People are able to post their opinions - if you don't agree with it, post a civil reply..

Im locking this thread, and suggest people post in the following thread.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/682947-Assassin-s-Creed-3-dev-promises-We-ve-got-nothing-against-the-British

I personally am getting a little bored of the infighting over this subject, but it should be discussed, if it's felt it's needed.

The team are well aware of this subject, but you should still feel free to post feedback on it.