PDA

View Full Version : AC3 the first AC I'm not buying

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 07:52 PM
In a recent Ubisoft interview with CVG an AC3 dev said "We've got nothing against the Brits", really? that's not how you are marketing the game.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ab/Assassin's_Creed_III_cover_art.jpg/260px-Assassin's_Creed_III_cover_art.jpg
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/05/10/assasins-creed-3-gameplay-trailer.jpg
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/13/618x347/gaming_assassins_creed_3_assets_4.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120402100239/assassinscreed/images/f/f0/Assassins-Creed-3-42.jpg
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2012/6/5/1338900841048/Assassins-Creed-3-001.jpg
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/davidthier/files/2012/03/kMUzd.jpeg
http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2012/03/Wwfnk.jpeg

Every single piece of media has shown Connor slaughtering British Soldiers. The trailer Ubisoft released shows Connor taking down the entire British army handily and you even released it on the Queen's Jubilee, very classy.

Also worrying are the lack of expansive cities for parkour and the loss of stealth completely where Connor just charges in to entire infantry units and encampments with no fear at all.

This is very disappointing Ubisoft, there is really something wrong with your marketing team.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Hey, Mr_Shade :D
Close this will ya ?

sticks165
06-14-2012, 07:54 PM
that last one is Charles lee he was a colonist and British

freddie_1897
06-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Oh stop being such a snob, no one cares you over sensitive patriot.

Im British btw

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 07:55 PM
In a recent Ubisoft interview with CVG an AC3 dev said "We've got nothing against the Brits", really? that's not how you are marketing the game.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ab/Assassin%27s_Creed_III_cover_art.jpg/260px-Assassin%27s_Creed_III_cover_art.jpg
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/05/10/assasins-creed-3-gameplay-trailer.jpg
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/13/618x347/gaming_assassins_creed_3_assets_4.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120402100239/assassinscreed/images/f/f0/Assassins-Creed-3-42.jpg
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2012/6/5/1338900841048/Assassins-Creed-3-001.jpg
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/davidthier/files/2012/03/kMUzd.jpeg
http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2012/03/Wwfnk.jpeg

Every single piece of media has shown Connor slaughtering British Soldiers. The trailer Ubisoft released shows Connor taking down the entire British army handily and you even released it on the Queen's Jubilee, very classy.

Also worrying are the lack of expansive cities for parkour and the loss of stealth completely where Connor just charges in to entire infantry units and encampments with no fear at all.

This is very disappointing Ubisoft, there is really something wrong with your marketing team.

Come on it is just a game not reality.

rileypoole1234
06-14-2012, 07:58 PM
You stupid, stupid person.

Rakudaton
06-14-2012, 08:00 PM
You are officially an Idiotic Ignoramus..

Wow, that's mature. Very mature indeed. And a convincing argument against what he said. Yep, you've convinced me.

... here's a thought. Why not just accept the fact that Ubi have been extremely pro-American anti-British in their marketing? To do otherwise is to be an "Idiotic Ignoramus", to use your tautological and unnecessarily-capitalised phrase.

De Filosoof
06-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Ignorance.

playassassins1
06-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Lol. Allot of people have been complaining about this, and there have been thousands of discussions regarding this subject before you.

Ok, then don't buy it. If you feel offended about this, then you shouldn't play it.

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Lol. Allot of people have been complaining about this, and there have been thousands of discussions regarding this subject before you.

Ok, then don't buy it. If you feel offended about this, then you shouldn't play it.

100% agree

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Wow, that's mature. Very mature indeed. And a convincing argument against what he said. Yep, you've convinced me.

... here's a thought. Why not just accept the fact that Ubi have been extremely pro-American anti-British in their marketing? To do otherwise is to be an "Idiotic Ignoramus", to use your tautological and unnecessarily-capitalised phrase.
Im surprised its just my reply that offended you so bad that you had to assume your "smart-A double S" identity to post..
considering that there are posts that says "you`re a stupid, stupid person" "you`re such a snob"

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:05 PM
When you result to name calling you lose the argument before it's begun.

Ubisoft have said it's clearly about the Assassins vs Templar, but why is every piece of marketing slaughtering British soldiers and why is Connor posed dramatically in front of an American flag? there is no media out there of Connor attacking anyone other than a British soldier.

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:06 PM

Ubisoft have said it's clearly about the Assassins vs Templar, but why is every piece of marketing slaughtering British soldiers and why is Connor posed dramatically in front of an American flag? there is no media out there of Connor attacking anyone other than a British soldier.

Because the redcoats wear red, and people in red are easy enemies and look juicy on-screen...

OriginalMiles
06-14-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm British, and I want to murder the redcoats, because face it, we could be d*cks back then!

De Filosoof
06-14-2012, 08:15 PM

Yeah, that's a good point.
Posing in front of the American flag is indeed a very cheep marketing strategy.
Connor shouldn't be fighting for ANY flag, he's an assassin for **** sake. He's fighting for the freedom for all of humanity.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:15 PM
So nobody has been able to refute the argument that the AC3 media is skewed towards killing British soldiers? not a very good defence for Ubisoft I must say.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:16 PM
So nobody has been able to refute the argument that the AC3 media is skewed towards killing British soldiers? not a very good defence for Ubisoft I must say.
Grow up.. how about that ?

OriginalMiles
06-14-2012, 08:17 PM
You know, you're the first person in a few weeks that has posted about "Only" killing british people, so GET OVER IT!! It's only a game for Minerva's sake!

oliacr
06-14-2012, 08:18 PM
You are an idiot and stupid man...

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Because the redcoats wear red, and people in red are easy enemies and look juicy on-screen...

I agree. However, Saint_Shield does have a point about the apparent lack of Blue Coat Minute Men, and Militia types being put to the hidden blade, axe, sword, whatever. Then again, we have roughly four-and-a-half months for Ubisoft to give us some screenshots of Conner killing aforementioned Patriot Rebels. I think the true reason for why they haven't revealed who the 'American' Templars are is because us Americans would have aneurisms depending on which Founding Father and/or beloved Revolutionary Hero turns out to be a Templar.

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:20 PM

We acknowledge that it's only British soldiers getting killed in the trailers, which is pretty hard to deny; but unlike you, we also acknowledge that trailers are not the final game, and we will only draw our judgment on that. They have said numerous times, even publicly addressing the question at least three times at E3, that there will be Templars at both sides of the war, and we have no reason to believe differently besides not wanting to believe it, which is quite childish. And even if in the final product there are indeed only Templars on the British side, I doubt many of us would give a ****.

freddie_1897
06-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Yes you are right, Connor will only ever kill British people, that is because EVERYONE WAS BRITISH BACK THEN! The redcoats and colonials! There was no America until after the revolution finished! And when that's happened there will only be American guards (colonials) in the cities because the redcoats will have packed up and gone back to merry ol' England, where half the population live in terrible poverty.

Someone show this man the Corey may interview

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:22 PM
I agree. However, Saint_Shield does have a point about the apparent lack of Blue Coat Minute Men, and Militia types being put to the hidden blade, axe, sword, whatever. Then again, we have roughly four-and-a-half months for Ubisoft to give us some screenshots of Conner killing aforementioned Patriot Rebels. I think the true reason for why they haven't revealed who the 'American' Templars are is because us Americans would have aneurisms depending on which Founding Father and/or beloved Revolutionary Hero turns out to be a Templar.

Exactly, the Ubisoft marketing team would rather ialienate the British market than the American market who is their target demographic. Imagine if Ubisoft released a trailer of Connor chasing down George Washington, I can just imagine the internet outrage of "WTH Ubisoft are you anti-American?!!!!"

OriginalMiles
06-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Yes you are right, Connor will only ever kill British people, that is because EVERYONE WAS BRITISH BACK THEN! The redcoats and colonials! There was no America until after the revolution finished! And when that's happened there will only be American guards (colonials) in the cities because the redcoats will have packed up and gone back to merry ol' England, where half the population live in terrible poverty.
Yeah!! *High Fives*

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Exactly, the Ubisoft marketing team would rather ialienate the British market than the American market who is their target demographic. Imagine if Ubisoft released a trailer of Connor chasing down George Washington, I can just imagine the internet outrage of "WTH Ubisoft are you anti-American?!!!!"

Exactly, so be the better man.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:25 PM

Someone show this man the Corey may interview

You don't understand the argument if it helps you to understand better then I am specifically referring to the soldiers of the British Army.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
You don't understand the argument if it helps you to understand better then I am specifically referring to the soldiers of the British Army.
DONT BUY THE GAME THEN !!
You overly patriotic idiot..

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Exactly, so be the better man.

I will drop it if Ubisoft come out and say "Sorry fans our media was anti-British."

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:28 PM
I will drop it if Ubisoft come out and say "Sorry fans our media was anti-British."
They are not obliged to answer to you..
make of it as you wish..
It doesnt change a friggin` thing..

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:29 PM
DONT BUY THE GAME THEN !!
You overly patriotic idiot..

I won't be buying the game. There is nothing wrong with being proud of Britain and there is nothing wrong with voicing my concern for a much loved series.

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 08:29 PM
All I want in the game concerning 'American' Templars is that they (Ubisoft) be VERY convincing about who the 'American' Templars are, and more importantly, WHY they are Templars.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:30 PM
I won't be buying the game. There is nothing wrong with being proud of Britain and there is nothing wrong with voicing my concern for a much loved series.
being proud of being british is one thing, but being an idiot is a completely different issue..

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:31 PM

Oh, by the way, if Ubisoft was anti-British I'm sure they wouldn't have made Maria Thorpe Altaïr's wife and made Connor half-British, and they would have made the British the antagonists in every game... get realistic.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I might put up a petition tomorrow against the skewed marketing of Ubisoft against the British in AC3. It's clear Ubisoft are forgetting a substantial part of their userbase.

freddie_1897
06-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Then why do you care? Both sides were British so why are you supporting one specific side?

Corey may acknowledged that the marketing seemed pro america but assured us that this is not the case in the final game.

Your point about the marketing is a fair point, but that point has been made by SO MANY PEOPLE! I'm sick of it, and so's everyone else. You are judging an entire game over some marketing. Stop being so ridiculously sensitive, and accept that as an assassin you are supporting free will in which the redcoats allowed none, therefore it would make sense for him to be sympathetic towards the colonials, but don't think he won't be killing them

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:35 PM
I might put up a petition tomorrow against the skewed marketing of Ubisoft against the British in AC3. It's clear Ubisoft are forgetting a substantial part of their userbase.
A **** making a petition HOORAY !!
We do not give a crap what you do.. just do it quietly and away from here..

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Then why do you care? Both sides were British so why are you supporting one specific side?

Corey may acknowledged that the marketing seemed pro america but assured us that this is not the case in the final game.

Your point about the marketing is a fair point, but that point has been made by SO MANY PEOPLE! I'm sick of it, and so's everyone else. You are judging an entire game over some marketing. Stop being so ridiculously sensitive, and accept that as an assassin you are supporting free will in which the redcoats allowed none, therefore it would make sense for him to be sympathetic towards the colonials, but don't think he won't be killing them

Marketing is how a game presents itself and it's selling points, all I'm getting from the AC3 marketing is that Ubisoft want to show gamers that you will kill soldiers of the British Army.

De Filosoof
06-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Are you also proud of the very corrupt Britisch people who did aweful stuff back then?

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Marketing is how a game presents itself and it's selling points, all I'm getting from the AC3 marketing is that Ubisoft want to show gamers that you will kill soldiers of the British Army.
Whats wrong with a British soldier ? They showed the killing of Arab soldiers, European soldiers, byzantine soldiers BUT NO ONE GAVE A CRAP !!
GROW UP !!

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Are you also proud of the very corrupt Britisch people who did aweful stuff back then?

Show me a nation that hasn't made mistakes.

De Filosoof

There isn't, but that wasn't my question.
Ever questioned what it is why you're so proud of your country?
You're just coincidentally born there you know...

rileypoole1234

Bugger off will you? Everybody was British back then! Killing an "American" still classifies as killing a British person until after the war ended.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Bugger off will you? Everybody was British back then! Killing an "American" still classifies as killing a British person until after the war ended.

You're not getting the point, specifically the British Army who are loyal to Britain who people will identify with Britain are the ones being slaughtered.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:45 PM
You're not getting the point, specifically the British Army who are loyal to Britain who people will identify with Britain are the ones being slaughtered.
You`re not just patriotic, you`re brainwashed..
are you gonna call me a traitor because we kicked Britain out of Egypt just like the Americans ?

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:48 PM
You`re not just patriotic, you`re brainwashed..
are you gonna call me a traitor because we kicked Britain out of Egypt just like the Americans ?

I don't understand why you are getting emotional over this. Like I said the advertising is unfair as it is skewed, I think that is a pretty agreeable statement and can be backed up.

Captain Tomatoz
06-14-2012, 08:50 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/682947-Assassin-s-Creed-3-dev-promises-We-ve-got-nothing-against-the-British

Read this thread.

This is from that thread

Has anyone stopped to think that they've only shown us footage from one sequence of the game? Has anyone stopped to think that just for a second, we're only being showed parts of the game in a single time, consistently, and the area just happened to be heavily British occupied at the time? The places they've shown us are really well done examples of how the game works functionally. That's by design. Why is it so hard to imagine that we're being shown a demonstration that just happens to fall in a section of Connor's timeline that's inundated with British occupation? Why is it so hard to remember that we've been shown story-based demos, and they've all happened around the same time? Can't anyone possibly bridge a synapse long enough to realize that Ubisoft hasn't told us one way or another if certain sequences or sections of the game have a serious focus on killing Redcoats or Colonists? I find it rather easy to imagine that the sequence demos we've been shown are based around a time in Connor's life where his motives just happen to intersect with a lot of British troops. Who knows? Maybe he's rooting out corrupt soldiers? Who's to say 3 sequences later, his focus has shifted to assassinating corrupt colonists, but we aren't shown that in press releases because that's not a part of the game that Ubi feels is the best demonstration of how the game plays.

I'm American, and if the roles were reversed and it looked like the trailers only showed Connor attacking just Americans, guess what?

He's allowed.

Dude's Native American. People seem to be forgetting this. Not only is he Native American, he's also British. No matter who they decide to show you being killed, either side of the poles, he's allowed!

I wouldn't give a whit if Connor killed exclusively Americans, because guess what? All those Americans are dead! I've nothing to do with them! It's 2012! And let's not forget...

THE ENTIRE GAME IS FICTION.

j0kay
If you didn't know, in AC1 you killed Germans, Frenchs and Britains and nobody complained.

Assassin_M
I don't understand why you are getting emotional over this. Like I said the advertising is unfair as it is skewed, I think that is a pretty agreeable statement and can be backed up.
YOU IRONIC MAN !! how do you do it ?? emotional ?? what the HELL !!
I admit it we all do even the devs did that the Marketing is skewed but you cant just decide not to buy the game because of that you **** !!

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM

It's still 5 months to go until the game gets even released...

Evenesque
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Good. Means there's one more copy for someone else to pick up and enjoy the hell out of.

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 08:53 PM

Wow, I get the whole supporting your nation thing, but that comeback was IMO, lame. You are calling every act of evil the British Empire ever committed, a mistake?

Oops, I'm sorry India, for all of the massacres against your people that our British Army committed, but they were a mistake.

I'm sorry Ireland, for not helping your people survive the Great Hunger, where 25% (2,000,000 est. ) of your population STARVED TO DEATH, it was a mistake. And yes it was Britain's responsibility, as Ireland was Officially a territory of the British Empire at the time.

Let's not leave out the Arabs, Jews, and basically anyone who wasn't white British Christians.

Yes, we Americans are guilty of a lot of things, some atrocities we have yet to make right, but to consider them mistakes?

Captain Tomatoz
06-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Also in the first load of trailers for AC1 Altiar was just killing British crusaders. No-one complained at all. They later showed him killing Saracens. Trust the writers, have they let us down before :)

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Wow, I get the whole supporting your nation thing, but that comeback was IMO, lame. You are calling every act of evil the British Empire ever committed, a mistake?

Oops, I'm sorry India, for all of the massacres against your people that our British Army committed, but they were a mistake.

I'm sorry Ireland, for not helping your people survive the Great Hunger, where 25% (2,000,000 est. ) of your population STARVED TO DEATH, it was a mistake. And yes it was Britain's responsibility, as Ireland was Officially a territory of the British Empire at the time.

Let's not leave out the Arabs, Jews, and basically anyone who wasn't white British Christians.

Yes, we Americans are guilty of a lot of things, some atrocities we have yet to make right, but to consider them mistakes?
That was deep..

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 08:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/682947-Assassin-s-Creed-3-dev-promises-We-ve-got-nothing-against-the-British

Read this thread.

This is from that thread

Sorry that's just naive, if roles were reversed the American gamers would accuse Ubisoft of being anti-American.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Sorry that's just naive, if roles were reversed the American gamers would accuse Ubisoft of being anti-American.
HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW ??
Are all british like you ?? HELL NO !! so how do you know ?? did u ask every american ??

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 09:00 PM

Yes they were mistakes of the past but they were not considered atrocities at the time when all countries were playing the colonisation game. If you want to see how modern Britain works then read up on the support of the Falklands rights to self-determination.

freddie_1897
06-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Guys, he is clearly stubborn, he hasn't answered most of our questions properly and he really isn't going to change his mind.

Goodnight, and on behalf of the British people on this forum, I am sorry for this persons ignorance

playassassins1
06-14-2012, 09:01 PM

The Americans wouldn't even care.. And besides, how do you know every single American would be like you and ''accuse'' Ubisoft for being Anti-American......

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Guys, he is clearly stubborn, he hasn't answered most of our questions properly and he really isn't going to change his mind.

Goodnight, and on behalf of the British people on this forum, I am sorry for this persons ignorance
Apology accepted, friend..

Captain Tomatoz
06-14-2012, 09:02 PM
I wish all these people complaining would stop acting like they represent Britain. I honestly don't care if all we kill are red coats (which most likely we won't be) and I'm British. Its a work of fiction. These reactions are almost as bad as when the Da Vinci Code came out and every one thought Dan Brown was being blasphemous. Just calm down and wait till the game comes out. Don't judge it now that's just stupid.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 09:04 PM

I've answered as many comments as I can and none have refuted what I've said.

Also you don't speak for me and I'm British, good day sir. ;)

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 09:05 PM
The Americans wouldn't even care.. And besides, how do you know every single American would be like you and ''accuse'' Ubisoft for being Anti-American......

The Stupid people in Washington D.C. that are supposed to represent us would be amongst the first to complain, after Fox News, and a good portion of the Southern US.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:06 PM
I've answered as many comments as I can and none have refuted what I've said.

Also you don't speak for me and I'm British, good day sir. ;)
Go away, sir

MarleyMon81
06-14-2012, 09:07 PM
If the marketing is sooo skewed to the American side, why are we still waiting nearly 5 months after the European CE's were announced to even have a hint that we're getting one?

Both this argument and the NA CE argument (which I'm one of those chomping to see what we're going to get) have just been beaten to a pulp already.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 09:07 PM
I wish all these people complaining would stop acting like they represent Britain. I honestly don't care if all we kill are red coats (which most likely we won't be) and I'm British. Its a work of fiction. These reactions are almost as bad as when the Da Vinci Code came out and every one thought Dan Brown was being blasphemous. Just calm down and wait till the game comes out. Don't judge it now that's just stupid.

I'm not judging the game I'm judging how Ubisoft are marketing it and their message is "Hey everyone have a good time killing British soldiers." Also concerning my comments on less cityscape parkour that is confirmed because of the setting and with my comment on stealth that's also confirmed because the gameplay shows Connor can just charge in, which is not only ridiculous but it violates the Creed.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm not judging the game I'm judging how Ubisoft are marketing it and their message is "Hey everyone have a good time killing British soldiers." Also concerning my comments on less cityscape parkour that is confirmed because of the setting and with my comment on stealth that's also confirmed because the gameplay shows Connor can just charge in, which is not only ridiculous but it violates the Creed.
you can have more then a few ways to infiltrate a place, they said that in the walkthrough, and there are cities..
just SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY !!

InfectedNation
06-14-2012, 09:11 PM
From this point onward, creating threads to inform Ubisoft you are not buying their latest product is punishable by slow and painful death.

Mod please lock.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:12 PM
From this point onward, creating threads to inform Ubisoft you are not buying their latest product is punishable by slow and painful death.

Mod please lock.
Because quite frankly, no one gives a single **** !!

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Yes they were mistakes of the past but they were not considered atrocities at the time when all countries were playing the colonisation game. If you want to see how modern Britain works then read up on the support of the Falklands rights to self-determination.

Passing gas in church is a mistake, both socially and spiritually. Murdering thousands of people simply because they are protesting for basic rights and liberties (Indians, Arabs, etc) is an atrocity, an act of evil.

playassassins1
06-14-2012, 09:14 PM

It seems like you are very misinformed. I might be wrong though.

AC has always been about freedom. You charge in like a Super hero or be Sam Fisher and do it the stealthy way.
Or combine these things.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 09:14 PM

Mod please lock.

Sorry but I am an AC fan and I will voice my concern, if you don't like it you do not have to post. If you think you can refute my claim I made in the first post I would like to hear it and we can discuss it.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Sorry but I am an AC fan and I will voice my concern, if you don't like it you do not have to post. If you think you can refute my claim I made in the first post I would like to hear it and we can discuss it.
No you`re not an AC fan..
an AC fan discusses and criticizes the game, not its marketing.. you`re just an idiot..

Captain Tomatoz
06-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Also didn't Alex Hutchinson say that there will be non-lethal take downs in the game so you can play without killing your precious computer generated red dressed people and be happy :D.

Also I don't see other countries complaining when call of duty advertises the killing of Russians and Germans. It's just a game, not some hate speech from Ubisoft. They have no reason to hate the British.

The game is also set in history. This event already happened. They people that fought are dead and however the red coats are presented in the game are not how Britain is now.

The disclaimer that begins every assassin's creed game:

Inspired by historical events and characters, this work of fiction was designed, developed and produced by a multicultural team of various religious faiths and beliefs

masterfenix2009
06-14-2012, 09:17 PM
This is one of the things that made me lose faith in humanity. This over- patriotic bullcrap. I hate patriots. What is so good about your country? Whatever country your from, it just shows the weakness of humanity. Our strive to be competitive and independent is what will destroy us! We should be working together. We shouldn't have countries. We should be dependent on one another. We shouldn't try and separate each other by making countries.

InfectedNation
06-14-2012, 09:18 PM

If you really want to discuss this issue, do it in one of the MANY ongoing threads. Seriously I've been avoiding these forums for months now because it's just become a mess of stupid threads either moaning about the game or spreading misleading information. I only really come here to find new links and watch Esco's Weapons of AC videos.

Jeez I miss how this forum used to be.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Passing gas in church is a mistake, both socially and spiritually. Murdering thousands of people simply because they are protesting for basic rights a liberties (Indians, Arabs, etc) is an atrocity, and act of evil.

These past mistakes aren't even relevant to the anti-British marketing claim I have made and like I said it was not considered evil at the time, if you think the entire British nation at that point in time was evil then you are free to believe that.

Turul.
i find it hilarious people are so pissed off about this.

no one seemed to care when crusaders were being killed,

no one care when a spainish pope died.

no one cared when italians were being slaughterd.

lets face it there have been times in history when nations and people, were oppressing another, and this time it was the british!

sorry that this game makes British look like the enemy, during a time when it was considered a tyrannical nation.

if this game made the united states the bad guys i'd say, hey we were kinda bad, weren't we? (example civil war, and native american takeover, etc.)

NO NATION IS PERFECT, GET OVER IT

Assassin_M
This is one of the things that made me lose faith in humanity. This over- patriotic bullcrap. I hate patriots. What is so good about your country? Whatever country your from, it just shows the weakness of humanity. Our strive to be competitive and independent is what will destroy us! We should be working together. We shouldn't have countries. We should be dependent on one another. We shouldn't try and separate each other by making countries.
Meanwhile, in heaven..

De Filosoof
06-14-2012, 09:20 PM

No need to apologize;), ignorant people are everywere.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:20 PM
These past mistakes aren't even relevant to the anti-British marketing claim I have made and like I said it was not considered evil at the time, if you think the entire British nation at that point in time was evil then you are free to believe that.
Hey, meet tomorrow near the river ? I`ll get my knife and we can play..

MT4K
06-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Let's all agree to kill those horrible evil PIXELS. DARN THEM

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:22 PM
9 pages ?? seriously ?? its our fault for giving this **** so much spotlight..

Turul.
06-14-2012, 09:22 PM
also, the majority of the consumers of this game i will assume to be americans

and americans love to see warriors of the past defeat their enemies

De Filosoof
06-14-2012, 09:23 PM

It makes me very happy reading this :)

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Also didn't Alex Hutchinson say that there will be non-lethal take downs in the game so you can play without killing your precious computer generated red dressed people and be happy :D.

Also I don't see other countries complaining when call of duty advertises the killing of Russians and Germans. It's just a game, not some hate speech from Ubisoft. They have no reason to hate the British.

The game is also set in history. This event already happened. They people that fought are dead and however the red coats are presented in the game are not how Britain is now.

The disclaimer that begins every assassin's creed game:

I'm sure the Russians and Germans are tired of being the bad guys, it's gotten so prolific it's cliche, which is the same for the depiction of Brits being the villains every time.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm sure the Russians and Germans are tired of being the bad guys, it's gotten so prolific it's cliche, which is the same for the depiction of Brits being the villains every time.
Can you go away now ?

Evenesque
06-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Can you go away now ?

And now you understand what I said in the thread with the guy who made zero sense lol. I was shortcutting to this point in the "conversation."

Captain Tomatoz
06-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Why do you even care. Have you not heard of an off switch. If it really bothers you that much don't buy it and don't complain. When someone insults me in the streets I don't go whining at them, if they have a problem with me its their loss not mine. So stop moaning at ubisoft and start looking at yourself. Be mature and stop getting insulted by such a minor thing

crash10310
Can you go away now ?

Just leave him alone, he isn't going to change his mind over this

CSKarasu
Hey, meet tomorrow near the river ? I`ll get my knife and we can play..

I haven't looked into it but threats are probably a rule break of the terms of service here, I have responded to your comments least because they are the most confrontational and you are only interested in throwing insults rather than having an intelligent discussions about the themes portrayed in this marketing.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Just leave him alone, he isn't going to change his mind over this
I dont care what he does..
I just want to shut his grub

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Can you go away now ?

It's his topic. As for Britains being the villains every time, when did that happen in video gaming history? This is one of the first games that takes place in an era where the British are seen as the bad guys. Every other game I've seen that has England represented has either given you the option of playing either for or against English forces, or is a WW2 game that almost always has the British as the good guys.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:30 PM
I haven't looked into it but threats are probably a rule break of the terms of service here, I have responded to your comments least because they are the most confrontational and you are only interested in throwing insults rather than having an intelligent discussions about the themes portrayed in this marketing.
Yea yeah yeah now go ...... away.

Sushiglutton
06-14-2012, 09:31 PM

Unfortunately this board i runned by a few very vocal, hardcore fanboys, so it's a bit tricky to have any discussions here. I think u have argued well and I admire that you have kept ur cool dispite all the name-calling and other nonsense.

Now on the topic. I think u are correct that the game will mostly take the side of the Americans. I expect the vast majority of targets to be British. Redcoats are just to perfect as enemies. Arrogant snobs with a British accent is a super common enemy stereotype (sipping tea as in the frontier gameplay :) ). The Assassin's liberal ideology has many similarities with the ideas the founding fathers had and I expect that to play a role. Also the American game market is much larger than the British obv. I'm sure there will be a couple of American templars, but they will likely be the exception (most likely plot twists).

However I have absolutely zero problems with this. It's an action game. It's no biggie imo.

misterB2001
06-14-2012, 09:32 PM
i genuinely hope we kill ONLY Red Coats through out the entire game, just to piss Saint_shield off. Then at the end credits theres a video of Gabe and Alex Hutchinson wiping their arses on the Union Jack, whilst sneering, just to piss Saint_shield off.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Unfortunately this board i runned by a few very vocal, hardcore fanboys, so it's a bit tricky to have any discussions here. I think u have argued well and I admire that you have kept ur cool dispite all the name-calling and other nonsense.

Now on the topic. I think u are correct that the game will mostly take the side of the Americans. I expect the vast majority of targets to be British. Redcoats are just to perfect as enemies. Arrogant snobs with a British accent is a super common enemy stereotype (sipping tea as in the frontier gameplay :) ). The Assassin's liberal ideology has many similarities with the ideas the founding fathers had and I expect that to play a role. Also the American game market is much larger than the British obv. I'm sure there will be a couple of American templars, but they will likely be the exception (most likely plot twists).

However I have absolutely zero problems with this. It's an action game. It's no biggie imo.
Yeah you go away too..
I work for Ubisoft and Im a huge fan boy..

crash10310
06-14-2012, 09:33 PM
I dont care what he does..
I just want to shut his grub

Turst me I want him to shut up aswell, but you telling him to shut up isn't going to help

Sushiglutton
06-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah you go away too..

I don't think Ubi employees call their consumers "twats" or "idiots". Calm down a little.

playassassins1
Yeah you go away too..

I knew it!!! This guy is Corey May in DISGUISE !!

Fury074ubi
i genuinely hope we kill ONLY Red Coats through out the entire game, just to piss Saint_shield off. Then at the end credits theres a video of Gabe and Alex Hutchinson wiping their arses on the Union Jack, whilst sneering, just to piss Saint_shield off.

They'd have to give a statement beforehand saying why they're desecrating the Union Jack, otherwise they might even piss off people that argued against Saint_Shield.

CSKarasu

Thanks, also I respect that you have no problem with it.

I personally do have a problem with it all I can see is marketing that is aimed at what I identify with: being British. Ubisoft even released the trailer during the Jubilee, in contrast Ubisoft put up a Flag Day celebratory post with a statement of gushing respect for their American fans.

InfectedNation
06-14-2012, 09:36 PM
The only thing that worries me is that if we're only killing redcoats it will get BOOOORING.
Anyway this topic should be left to rot on the 2nd page...

Edit: ONLY OLD CODGERS CARE ABOUT THE ****ED JUBILEE. Seriously Connor can kill all the Redcoats he likes, because they were being tyrants.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 09:38 PM

The fact that you live in England and promote the desecration of a national symbol speaks volumes about your character.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:39 PM
The fact that you live in England and promote the desecration of a national symbol speaks volumes about your character.
Hang him for treason..

InfectedNation
06-14-2012, 09:42 PM
For all you know, your ancestors may have not been English in the 1770's, and then this would be funny.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 09:44 PM
For all you know, your ancestors may have not been English in the 1770's, and then this would be funny.

For quite a few people this could be the case, it doesn't change anything for me. I was born in England, in Britain and I identify with being British.

FirestarLuva
06-14-2012, 09:44 PM
It's just a game... :/
Did you see Italians, Turks or Greeks complain? Nope.

Sushiglutton
06-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks, also I respect that you have no problem with it.

I personally do have a problem with it all I can see is marketing that is aimed at what I identify with: being British. Ubisoft even released the trailer during the Jubilee, in contrast Ubisoft put up a Flag Day celebratory post with a statement of gushing respect for their American fans.

I repect ur opinion too. It would be nice if they tell a more nuanced story. But given their history of stereotypes I don't hold my breath. And yeah silly stuff like that u describe don't excactly help. I think it will be a really, really fun game though.

misterB2001
06-14-2012, 09:49 PM

just say Connor did soley kill Redcoats and the game did indeed make the British look bad, why would that bother you? The British WERE trying to take over the world by extending the empire as much as possible. That, to me, suggests an attempt at world domination, or something like it. A very Templar way of doing things.....

InfectedNation
06-14-2012, 09:51 PM
For quite a few people this could be the case, it doesn't change anything for me. I was born in England, in Britain and I identify with being British.

Yup same, but it's just a Nationality. Personally when I play the game I'll try to avoid slaughtering soldiers, and focus on my targets, as many of them don't want to be murdering other men for the interests of their leaders. But when it comes to Templars, wherever they are from, they'll have a bad run in with Connor Kenway.

What I'm saying is you don't have to kill loads of Redcoats if you don't want to.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 09:51 PM
I repect ur opinion too. It would be nice if they tell a more nuanced story. But given their history of stereotypes I don't hold my breath. And yeah silly stuff like that u describe don't excactly help. I think it will be a really, really fun game though.

Cheers, I appreciate that you took the time to comment. Its good to see that there are users on the forum that can discuss issues civilly.

freddie_1897
06-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Oh look, there's a meerkat In an insurance advert, I guess that means the insurance is run by meerkats, oh look, that chocolate is being advertised by a super fit person, I guess that chocolate is healthy.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Seriously, your argument is a fair one, but you are refusing to listen to reason, and while it may be true, it still isn't a big deal at all

Black Shadow943
06-14-2012, 09:53 PM

Yo, dude! just remember the fact of your "all shown media is of Connor killing red coats", get over it! Jeez, you need to realize that Connor will kill people regardless of their jacket color. Also Ubi isn't being anti-brit, if they were, why would they have Connor kill americans. I'm American and I'm glad their doing the whole killing on both sides American can be major a-holes, chill

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Cheers, I appreciate that you took the time to comment. Its good to see that there are users on the forum that can discuss issues civilly.
Allow me to apologize for my unnecessary lash at you..
Im awfully sorry..

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh look, there's a meerkat In an insurance advert, I guess that means the insurance is run by meerkats, oh look, that chocolate is being advertised by a super fit person, I guess that chocolate is healthy.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Seriously, your argument is a fair one, but you are refusing to listen to reason, and while it may be true, it still isn't a big deal at all

If the meerkats were being slaughtered I think people would care more. :P

Like I said it isn't a big deal for some, but I feel it's a big deal and I'm sure there are others that will as well.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Yo, dude! just remember the fact of your "all shown media is of Connor killing red coats", get over it! Jeez, you need to realize that Connor will kill people regardless of their jacket color. Also Ubi isn't being anti-brit, if they were, why would they have Connor kill americans. I'm American and I'm glad their doing the whole killing on both sides American can be major a-holes, chill

That is true, the focus is on Assassin vs Templar but that is not what the marketing is showing which is my main problem with it.

De Filosoof
06-14-2012, 10:02 PM
And what kinda character would that be if i may ask?

playassassins1
06-14-2012, 10:04 PM

Its not that we are hating on you, its that there were at least 20 threads about this subject. First we tried to remain civil. Second was also alright. But the 3rd one was getting a little more interesting...

The only thing we can do, is wait until the game comes out.

twenty_glyphs
06-14-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm so tired of hearing this complaint over and over, but it's incredibly amusing at the same time. My question is would the British people upset over this be this outraged if an AC game was set in Victorian England, and every single person you interacted with and killed was British? I get the feeling the main issue here is the fact that America is involved because of the Revolution, and it's being perceived as America against Britain.

The first Assassin's Creed involved a war between Christians and Muslims, but Altaïr and the Assassins were outside that conflict. They've gone out of their way to say in interviews since the game was revealed that they wanted someone outside the American colonies versus Great Britian conflict, which is why the character is half Native American. I don't expect this game's story to be handled any differently from AC1, where the real story is about the Templars seeking control with a Piece of Eden involved. The American Revolution is just the backdrop for the story, it's not the actual story.

As for why the marketing has been the way it is and why the story may go a certain way, I'd say it's because the American leaders are more well-known than the British leaders at the time. Most people have heard of George Washington and Benjamin Franklin, but very few people have heard of Thomas Gage, William Howe, or Henry Clinton (leaders of the British army in America during the Revolution). That's the nature of things because the Americans were on their home turf and they won the war. In addition, the war was fought in America, so many British people involved weren't even in America at the time. Many of the well-known British in America at the time were military leaders who were just doing their jobs, versus the Americans fighting for what they believed in. It's nothing against the British, but that just makes the American leaders like Washington and Franklin much more interesting for a story like this.

As for why Connor is mostly fighting the Redcoats, I'd say there are a lot of gameplay reasons. The Redcoat army patrols make perfect guard patrols that fit into the series' mold of town guards, whereas there wouldn't be much reason for American militia to patrol in the same manner. The redcoats were also much better armed, so they can play with that and make them formidable opponents with several different archetypes. They're also so much more iconic-looking than American militia.

And I'd say the reason the marketing isn't showing Connor hunting down any famous Americans is because very few of them died in the war, so it's not historically accurate. The developers have mentioned several times that it was hard to find assassination targets because so many of the well-known people lived through the war. It's going to be hard to build a historical setting loosely based on real history and then suddenly kill off famous people 20 years before they really died. There weren't even a ton of famous British people who died during the war.

My feeling is that Connor will end up assassinating several Templars who are on the American side, but part of the story will be uncovering which ones are Templars for people like Washington. Showing them now would probably spoil part of the surprise. I'd bet that Charles Lee, who fought for the Americans, is a Templar, and he died in 1782. We still don't know if Washington or Franklin will end up betraying Connor somehow, but we can be pretty sure that Connor won't be killing them in the game.

And I find it funny that the OP complained about the lack of stealth and how Connor just barges into combat, when that's been Ezio's signature for the last several games. The E3 demos have shown many new stealth options for the series, and the developers have said that many missions will have more than one path to completion, with stealth a viable option. There are better stealth options now -- Connor blends with the crowd in a much more fluid way than Ezio did, you can be hidden in some bushes and still move around, you can be in trees above your prey without being spotted, and you can hide behind corners to do corner assassinations. This game will probably have more stealth than ever before, but that's not as exciting to show in the marketing as big fights and explosions.

Timeaus
06-14-2012, 10:06 PM
My Response to this thread is I'M SUPER EXCITED TO PLAY THIS GAME. That's all;)

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Oh look, you can kill any non civilian in every previous game, regardless of their background. You could kill Templars, Hospitallers, English Knights of Richard the Lion Heart, Saracens, Arabs, and all in the first game alone. In AC2 you could kill quit a few Italians to your hearts content, in ACR you could kill Arabs, Turks, Ottomans, Jannisaries, Gypsies, Africans, etc.

I'm sure that you'll be able to kill Colonial Rebels to your hearts content if you buy the game.

xXMrGR1NCHXx
06-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Bye.

freddie_1897
06-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Yes there are people being rude to you, and that's wrong, but a lot of people have shown you very good reasons for why you're wrong, and have you listened? No. If you won't change you mind then why start this thread? Some people make these threads because they want to be shown proof that Britain won't be the evil guys so that they can rest easy, you have made this thread despite the fact that there are tons of threads about the same thing, for the sole reason of what? To tell people that the marketing is dodgy? which we already knew, or just to let people know how you feel?

Not to mention that what has been shrouded in this thread is that your entire arguement is based around the marketing, it's marketing! They are appealing to the american audience! And seriously, it is very weird to postpone buying an entire game over the marketing, that is not bring 'civil' as you say, the irony is that that is the opposite of civil, you my friend are being stubborn and oversensitive.

DTfunjumper
06-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Well, i've pointed this out in aeveral forums before, but I hav eno problem with saying this again:

Ubisoft are just showing slaughtered Redcoats for two reasons: First, it is obvious, that Britain has to have some templars, as they start off to be the badasses, just not to spoil for the second reason:
There are only a few very important Bluecoats, and even less who died dureing the war. Showing them would spoil a lot of the later story, wouldn't it. I trusted story writers of the AC series and they've always kept their promises, as they also made some on this topic. There will be templars on both sides AND Connor does not care, on which side he is. He even says a very important sentence during the stage demo: I don't care about your civil war. Most americans could have been upset and said: No interest in fighting for liberty? f*cking communist! (sorry, but typical clichée ;))(we can discuss what can be seen as communism and what not, but i think many would stay with some american nonsense arguements, but every nation has this problem!) Anyhow, going off-topic... I'm not going to convince youz to buy this, but i AM actually getting this game, as it ist the first BRITISH ASSASSIN (nobody mentions this fact!!!!)
I actually just thougzht of a third reason... It is quite practical for marketing in the US, as many gave a sh*t about the rennaissance and europe, so actually it would be fair enough!

Locopells
06-14-2012, 10:24 PM
What the - again with this? (I agree about the marketing BTW, the Devs REALLY need to talk to their PR guys). 13 pages in 2 1/2 hours?!

pacmanate
06-14-2012, 10:25 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW NOO!!! You aren't buying the game?! That hurts me and Ubisoft deeply :( have no fear, I will buy two copies!

DoNNiEDaRkO50
06-14-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm not gonna discuss this ,, I'm tired of discussing this
All I can say :
YOUR LOSS !

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Well, i've pointed this out in aeveral forums before, but I hav eno problem with saying this again:

Ubisoft are just showing slaughtered Redcoats for two reasons: First, it is obvious, that Britain has to have some templars, as they start off to be the badasses, just not to spoil for the second reason:
There are only a few very important Bluecoats, and even less who died dureing the war. Showing them would spoil a lot of the later story, wouldn't it. I trusted story writers of the AC series and they've always kept their promises, as they also made some on this topic. There will be templars on both sides AND Connor does not care, on which side he is. He even says a very important sentence during the stage demo: I don't care about your civil war. Most americans could have been upset and said: No interest in fighting for liberty? f*cking communist! (sorry, but typical clichée ;))(we can discuss what can be seen as communism and what not, but i think many would stay with some american nonsense arguements, but every nation has this problem!) Anyhow, going off-topic... I'm not going to convince youz to buy this, but i AM actually getting this game, as it ist the first BRITISH ASSASSIN (nobody mentions this fact!!!!)
I actually just thougzht of a third reason... It is quite practical for marketing in the US, as many gave a sh*t about the rennaissance and europe, so actually it would be fair enough!

By communism which is an economic policy, do you actually mean Fascism a form of government?

Bucur92
Are there no forum moderator around here cause this is a mess.

Jexx21
Why are people so nationalistic?

Brits, Americans, Mexicans, whatever. We're all people, does it really matter what group of people you're killing in a game? It's not like Ubi has anything against Brits, it's just that Connor and the Assassins probably align themselves more with the ideals of the American group. It doesn't mean that you can't kill Americans in AC3 though.

Personally, I couldn't care less what group of people a game has me killing, as long as I have a just cause.

mitsubishi-lan
06-14-2012, 10:32 PM
I agree with the OP, I am English, and I think the setting and era of this game is STUPID. Not only that, they are Pro-American, and Anti-British.
This game should have took place in a more exotic era and setting which was what the series was known for.
I am NOT buying this stupid game.

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Why are people so nationalistic?

Brits, Americans, Mexicans, whatever. We're all people, does it really matter what group of people you're killing in a game? It's not like Ubi has anything against Brits, it's just that Connor and the Assassins probably align themselves more with the ideals of the American group. It doesn't mean that you can't kill Americans in AC3 though.

Personally, I couldn't care less what group of people a game has me killing, as long as I have a just cause.

It is just a game it is not reality.But some people dont get it.

pacmanate
06-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadeeeeeee!

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccc cckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk widdddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooow!!!?!?!

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:34 PM
I agree with the OP, I am English, and I think the setting and era of this game is STUPID. Not only that, they are Pro-American, and Anti-British.
This game should have took place in a more exotic era and setting which was what the series was known for.
Oh my god..
can I rage now ?

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:35 PM
You sure can that guy is o ......So you dont like to kill brits but you sure love some italians dont you.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 10:37 PM

Assassin's Creed is known for settings with conspiracies, not exotic settings.

There are a lot of conspiracy theories about Crusade Era middle east.
There are a lot of conspiracy theories about the Italian Renaissance.
There are a lot of conspiracy theories about the American Revolution.

Assassin's Creed is focused very much so on conspiracies and mysteries surrounding history, not exotic settings you get to parkour around.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm so tired of hearing this complaint over and over, but it's incredibly amusing at the same time. My question is would the British people upset over this be this outraged if an AC game was set in Victorian England, and every single person you interacted with and killed was British? I get the feeling the main issue here is the fact that America is involved because of the Revolution, and it's being perceived as America against Britain.

The first Assassin's Creed involved a war between Christians and Muslims, but Altaïr and the Assassins were outside that conflict. They've gone out of their way to say in interviews since the game was revealed that they wanted someone outside the American colonies versus Great Britian conflict, which is why the character is half Native American. I don't expect this game's story to be handled any differently from AC1, where the real story is about the Templars seeking control with a Piece of Eden involved. The American Revolution is just the backdrop for the story, it's not the actual story.

As for why the marketing has been the way it is and why the story may go a certain way, I'd say it's because the American leaders are more well-known than the British leaders at the time. Most people have heard of George Washington and Benjamin Franklin, but very few people have heard of Thomas Gage, William Howe, or Henry Clinton (leaders of the British army in America during the Revolution). That's the nature of things because the Americans were on their home turf and they won the war. In addition, the war was fought in America, so many British people involved weren't even in America at the time. Many of the well-known British in America at the time were military leaders who were just doing their jobs, versus the Americans fighting for what they believed in. It's nothing against the British, but that just makes the American leaders like Washington and Franklin much more interesting for a story like this.

As for why Connor is mostly fighting the Redcoats, I'd say there are a lot of gameplay reasons. The Redcoat army patrols make perfect guard patrols that fit into the series' mold of town guards, whereas there wouldn't be much reason for American militia to patrol in the same manner. The redcoats were also much better armed, so they can play with that and make them formidable opponents with several different archetypes. They're also so much more iconic-looking than American militia.

And I'd say the reason the marketing isn't showing Connor hunting down any famous Americans is because very few of them died in the war, so it's not historically accurate. The developers have mentioned several times that it was hard to find assassination targets because so many of the well-known people lived through the war. It's going to be hard to build a historical setting loosely based on real history and then suddenly kill off famous people 20 years before they really died. There weren't even a ton of famous British people who died during the war.

My feeling is that Connor will end up assassinating several Templars who are on the American side, but part of the story will be uncovering which ones are Templars for people like Washington. Showing them now would probably spoil part of the surprise. I'd bet that Charles Lee, who fought for the Americans, is a Templar, and he died in 1782. We still don't know if Washington or Franklin will end up betraying Connor somehow, but we can be pretty sure that Connor won't be killing them in the game.

And I find it funny that the OP complained about the lack of stealth and how Connor just barges into combat, when that's been Ezio's signature for the last several games. The E3 demos have shown many new stealth options for the series, and the developers have said that many missions will have more than one path to completion, with stealth a viable option. There are better stealth options now -- Connor blends with the crowd in a much more fluid way than Ezio did, you can be hidden in some bushes and still move around, you can be in trees above your prey without being spotted, and you can hide behind corners to do corner assassinations. This game will probably have more stealth than ever before, but that's not as exciting to show in the marketing as big fights and explosions.

It's being perceived as killing the British who, according to the marketing, are the enemy. In past AC's they made it clear it was Assassin vs Templar this is not what I'm seeing from Ubisoft. As for your marketing point, I believe it's more a case of if Connor was out for Washington's blood in a trailer there would be an outcry.

I'm not arguing about the redcoats being the enemy because they aren't, the Templars. The fact you are confusing it shows a lot about how they marketing the game, you on a personal level see the British clearly as the enemy in this. I imagine he will also assassinate a few American characters but this is not how they are showing the game to be because they would consider it disrespect to their US fans.

Yeah I did complain about lack of stealth because charging into a walk of lead is stupid, but entirely possible and encouraged in AC3.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 10:40 PM

Cheers, I also agree with you a different setting would have facilitated more of the type of gameplay we know and love from the AC franchise like running across huge cityscapes.

MT4K
I really hope they will just release a **** video of Connor killing some (british) bluecoat patriots. if only just to stop this kind of thread from having to be created again. and if it ever does get created we can just cite the video and be done with it :-/.

Azurefeatherfly

The setting and era are just as unique as any other setting in the previous AC iterations. American Revolution has never been explored on such a personal level in the gaming industry, and this franchise is about visiting historical places and times that are rarely done in games. We the gamers are as much outsiders as the protagonist himself, who is Half Native American and Half British.

Why not explore such a unique period of history?

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:42 PM
The setting and era just as unique as any other setting in the previous AC iterations. American Revolution has never been explored on such a personal level in the gaming industry, and this franchise is about visiting historical places and times that are rarely done in games. We the gamers are as much outsiders as the protagonist himself, who is Half Native American and Half British.

Why not explore such a unique period of history?

Because idiots dont know that is only a game not reality.They didnt complain when they kill italians in past AC games.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:42 PM
So 2 extra game copies ??
I`ll buy 3 copies

DoNNiEDaRkO50
06-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Ezio Auditore In his first letter to Claudia :
''I'm weary of this fight ,, Not because I'm tired ,,but because our struggle seems to move in one direction ''
Well said Ezio ,,well said ...

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Also, the King during that time was a huge ****, so I don't know why you're essentially supporting him.

It's like Germany being mad that most of the advertisements for a World War 2 game is focused against the German Nazi trrops.

TheHumanTowel
06-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Also, the King during that time was a huge ****, so I don't know why you're essentially supporting him.

It's like Germany being mad that most of the advertisements for a World War 2 game is focused against the German Nazi trrops.
While I don't agree with the OP that's not really a fair comparison.

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Because idiots dont know that is only a game not reality.They didnt complain when they kill italians in past AC games.

The Italians weren't the enemy in AC2, the Templars were, their nationality was never a marketing feature of why you should be killing Italians.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 10:48 PM
The Italians weren't the enemy in AC2, the Templars were, their nationality was never a marketing feature of why you should be killing Italians.

It isn't now either?

CSKarasu
06-14-2012, 10:48 PM
I really hope they will just release a **** video of Connor killing some (british) bluecoat patriots. if only just to stop this kind of thread from having to be created again. and if it ever does get created we can just cite the video and be done with it :-/.

It's not going to happen, they don't want to alienate Americans with their marketing.

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:49 PM
So we can say that we kill Brits in AC3 because they are templars.Job Done

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Templars arent evil dam it..
DIE YOU STUPID THREAD DIE !!!

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Templars arent evil dam it..
DIE YOU STUPID THREAD DIE !!!

Tell that to MR Shade.He may be in vacation.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 10:51 PM
It's not going to happen, they don't want to alienate Americans with their marketing.

It's weird, so far they have been doing that in small amounts by not providing a true CE for the NA for the past two games.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Tell that to MR Shade
He is not responding -_-
Did he abandon us ? in this hard time ? No...... No....

rileypoole1234
06-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Cheers, I also agree with you a different setting would have facilitated more of the type of gameplay we know and love from the AC franchise like running across huge cityscapes.

We all hate people like you.

We don't want another AC2, ACB, or ACR. We want something different, and that's what we're getting. There are cities in the game too, you dolt.

Good God you all sound like burks.

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:56 PM
He is not responding -_-
Did he abandon us ? in this hard time ? No...... No....

He may have headaches when he sees this thread.

Locopells
06-14-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm suprised the guy hasn't ended up a nervous wreak...

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 11:07 PM

No, he was bat poo crazy. The Parliament were the a-holes.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 11:09 PM
well, either way, it's not like the British Empire at that time was a good example of what you want a nation to be.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 11:10 PM
It just sickens me how some people tend to make excuses for what The British empire did..

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 11:12 PM
well, either way, it's not like the British Empire at that time was a good example of what you want a nation to be.

See my earlier posts.

itsamea-mario
06-14-2012, 11:14 PM
You're not buying it? sucks to be you then.

Also that last picture isn't actually him assassinating someone, if you saw the actual magazine page you'd know.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 11:19 PM
See my earlier posts.
I wasn't actually responding to you directly.

Either way, it's not like Britain today is the British Empire. Isn't the UK a democracy now?

And America today isn't the America of yesterday either.

lukaszep
06-14-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm English, and I DON'T. CARE. It's a game.
Anyway, you have no problem killing Muslims, Turkish, Italians etc. but you won't kill English? How hypocritical are you.
By killing all nationalities but your own, (even though it's FICTIONAL, meaning NOT reality) you are seemingly very nationalist, and arguably racist.

Get a grip, open your mind, remember it's a game, kill the thread.

Fury074ubi
06-14-2012, 11:23 PM
I wasn't actually responding to you directly.

Either way, it's not like Britain today is the British Empire. Isn't the UK a democracy now?

And America today isn't the America of yesterday either.

Yes, they are. After the US became a Democratic Republic.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 11:29 PM
Anyway, you have no problem killing Muslims, Turkish, Italians etc. but you won't kill English? How hypocritical are you.
By killing all nationalities but your own, (even though it's FICTIONAL, meaning NOT reality) you are seemingly very nationalist, and arguably racist.

+1

this puts what I felt to words

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 11:30 PM
+1

this puts what I felt to words
+2

eagleforlife1
06-14-2012, 11:33 PM

Agree with this. Personally, I don't care who we end up killing in AC3 but the people who just dismiss others as idiots really should look in the mirror and learn how to construct a mature, persuasive argument.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Agree with this. Personally, I don't care who we end up killing in AC3 but the people who just dismiss others as idiots really should look in the mirror and learn how to construct a mature, persuasive argument.
You`re pretty late to the party..

Captain Tomatoz
06-14-2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.likecool.com/Gear/Pic/Gif Folding Chair/Gif-Folding-Chair.gif

beatledude210
06-14-2012, 11:49 PM
http://www.likecool.com/Gear/Pic/Gif%20Folding%20Chair/Gif-Folding-Chair.gif

:eek:

AnthonyA85
06-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Heh, this Saint Shields guy is either a troll, or just moronically dumb.

Yes, they are. After the US became a Democratic Republic.

Yes, and we all know what happens to Republics. They become Empires, who then go on to commit mass Jedicide.

I'm sorry, couldn't help myself. :p

Anyways....to the thread starter; so you're not buying the game. No one gives a ****. If you can't see the fact that it's JUST A GAME, and that EVERYONE was british back then, and that it is ALL FICTIONAL ANYWAY, then you don't belong here.

Time for this thread to make like so many Jedi, and die.

TheHumanTowel
06-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Heh, this Saint Shields guy is either a troll, or just moronically dumb.

Yes, and we all know what happens to Republics. They become Empires, who then go on to commit mass Jedicide.

I'm sorry, couldn't help myself. :p

Anyways....to the thread starter; so you're not buying the game. No one gives a ****. If you can't see the fact that it's JUST A GAME, and that EVERYONE was british back then, and that it is ALL FICTIONAL ANYWAY, then you don't belong here.

Time for this thread to make like so many Jedi, and die.
I'm very offended that you would speak of the great Jedi purge so lightly. My grandfather was stationed on Coruscant.

CSKarasu
06-15-2012, 12:01 AM

How is that racist? I didn't even bring up race, and muslim isn't even a race and native Turkey, Italy and England are all caucasian.

I'm not being hypocritical at all, none of the nationalities portrayed in previous ACs were marketed as the villainous nation.

Assassin_M
06-15-2012, 12:02 AM
How is that racist? I didn't even bring up race, and muslim isn't even a race and native Turkey, Italy and England are all caucasian.

I'm not being hypocritical at all, none of the nationalities portrayed in previous ACs were marketed as the villainous nation.
Neither is Britain..
You`re just seeing a guy in a hood killing Brits.. who ever said they were the bad guys ?

Captain Tomatoz
06-15-2012, 12:05 AM

Just to let you know that the revolution was a civil war between two British sides so they are not being depicted as evil. As many people have said and you seem to be ignoring is that there was no America back then, that's why it's a civil war. I also don't see the villainous of the red coats in the trailers, yes Connor is killing them, but none of them are being evil.

MT4K
06-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Neither is Britain..
You`re just seeing a guy in a hood killing Brits.. who ever said they were the bad guys ?

I guess you could say the real bad guy is connor. He kills innocent soldiers only doing their job. all to get to 1 man? Those poor soldiers probably have wives and children of their own. That's just evil and wrong. We should boycott Connor for being a serial killer basically.

Assassin's creed.... making orphans and widows of innocent soldier's families since ac1.

Assassin_M
06-15-2012, 12:12 AM
I guess you could say the real bad guy is connor. He kills innocent soldiers only doing their job. all to get to 1 man? Those poor soldiers probably have wives and children of their own. That's just evil and wrong. We should boycott Connor for being a serial killer basically.

Assassin's creed.... making orphans and widows of innocent soldier's families since ac1.
Hahahaha xD
Its actually good for the Brits, because it inspires the awe for them..

Captain Tomatoz
06-15-2012, 12:13 AM

And that is the grey area of the Assassins and Templars. Really they are both pretty bad.

Assassin_M
06-15-2012, 12:15 AM
And that is the grey area of the Assassins and Templars. Really they are both pretty bad.
Exactly..
The OP seems to think that Templars are bad guys, they`re not..
but Agh Im sure he`ll come up with some lame argument to maintain his complaint..right about....

CSKarasu
06-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Just to let you know that the revolution was a civil war between two British sides so they are not being depicted as evil. As many people have said and you seem to be ignoring is that there was no America back then, that's why it's a civil war. I also don't see the villainous of the red coats in the trailers, yes Connor is killing them, but none of them are being evil.

Technically yes but the British Army are identified with the British and the Revolutionaries are identified with the Americans as it was the beginnings of their nation, I don't know anyone who thinks otherwise and I'm sure you don't either.

Assassin_M
06-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Technically yes but the British Army are identified with the British and the Revolutionaries are identified with the Americans as it was the beginnings of their nation, I don't know anyone who thinks otherwise and I'm sure you don't either.
Now -_-
You havent even responded to our argument..

CSKarasu
06-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Now -_-
You havent even responded to our argument..

The argument that the Brits are primarily the bad guys? just scroll back to the first page and looking at the marketing screenshots. Connor is the hero of the story and he's slaughtering British soldiers, that is a depiction that the British are bad guys.

Anyway it's late over here and I can't watch all the comments. Goodnight

Calvarok
06-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Even if Connor was actually a literal soldier for the colonist side, I wouldn't care. Wars have sides, and most people are going to be on either side. It would be interesting to experience the Colonist point of view.

But AC3 is actually bothering to have Connor as a neutral participant, who kills targets who are not actually affiliated with any side either. I appreciate that, because regardless of what the OP or anyone says, THEY DON'T HAVE TO.

As for the stealth aspect being gone, he caused a huge distraction before he charged into the fortress, and it wasn't supposed to look difficult, because it's a demo. In the final game, just as with pretty much every AC mission we've ever seen demoed, there will be more and different archetypes of guards, things will be tweaked, and the target will behave differently. This mission was not a linear one, I could see ways he could have approached the target without being seen first. And as for killing his target in the middle of a huge fortress? Altair did that **** all the time.

Assassin_M
06-15-2012, 12:23 AM
The argument that the Brits are primarily the bad guys? just scroll back to the first page and looking at the marketing screenshots. Connor is the hero of the story and he's slaughtering British soldiers, that is a depiction that the British are bad guys.

Anyway it's late over here and I can't watch all the comments. Goodnight
Connor is the Protagonist..
This doesnt necessarily make him a saint..
I want you to reference a straight statement from Ubisoft and their marketing and Media that explicitly says "British are the Bad guys in this game"

headlikeahole9
06-15-2012, 12:26 AM
lol really? Too soon? idiot

MT4K
06-15-2012, 12:36 AM
Saint_shield... Would you also be against a game that has a British assassin being shown to kil only Spanish or French or anybody else's soldiers?

To be honest you should be happy if the british ARE the main enemy. Because they were the biggest empire the world has ever seen. That means they should make one heck of a nice enemy :D It's always cool to fight against the big powerful giant.

Assassin_M
06-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Saint_shield... Would you also be against a game that has a British assassin being shown to kil only Spanish or French or anybody else's soldiers?

To be honest you should be happy if the british ARE the main enemy. Because they were the biggest empire the world has ever seen. That means they should make one heck of a nice enemy :D It's always cool to fight against the big powerful giant.
He`s not even admitting his Country`s Tyranny during these times, simply shrugging them off as "The Norm" of the time..
What an argument..Connor is English too, good point.

Captain Tomatoz
06-15-2012, 12:38 AM

Have you done any research into this era before arguing. Any small amount of research will let you know that it was a civil war in Britain, not America v Britain. Also it's ok to be proud of your country, but your taking it to far. I really don't see why this bothers you. Assassin's Creed has had a fist fight with the pope for goodness sake. Catholics didn't complain did they, because they knew that Rodrigo Borgia was extremely corrupt. The British government wanted as much power as they could (don't deny this), the East India Company did some monstrous stuff.

This game has nothing against Britain today so why does it bother you, you don't live in the 18th century do you, no, you live in the 21st. That's 300 years ago, its in the past! Because Ubisoft shows Connor killing red coats doesn't mean Ubisoft has something against British people 300 years later. A lots changes in 300 years don't you think :D

Assassin_M
06-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Have you done any research into this era before arguing. Any small amount of research will let you know that it was a civil war in Britain, not America v Britain. Also it's ok to be proud of your country, but your taking it to far. I really don't see why this bothers you. Assassin's Creed has had a fist fight with the pope for goodness sake. Catholics didn't complain did they, because they knew that Rodrigo Borgia was extremely corrupt. The British government wanted as much power as they could (don't deny this), the East India Company did some monstrous stuff.

This game has nothing against Britain today so why does it bother you, you don't live in the 18th century do you, no, you live in the 21st. That's 300 years ago, its in the past! Because Ubisoft shows Connor killing red coats doesn't mean Ubisoft has something against British people 300 years later. A lots changes in 300 years don't you think :D
Thats exactly the point, he shrugs off facts of Britain having a Tyrannical past by saying that this was the norm of the time..
He lost the argument loooong ago..

MT4K
06-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Thats exactly the point, he shrugs off facts of Britain having a Tyrannical past by saying that this was the norm of the time..

admittedly it was the norm of the time, but that really doesn't excuse the fact it was wrong. Every nation that was doing it was wrong for doing so and just because something was "the norm" definitely is a crappy argument to use. Slavery was "the norm" as well once.... doesn't mean it wasn't a terrible thing.

I think iit's time for Mr shade to lock this now though :P

Assassin_M
06-15-2012, 01:00 AM
admittedly it was the norm of the time, but that really doesn't excuse the fact it was wrong. Every nation that was doing it was wrong for doing so and just because something was "the norm" definitely is a crappy argument to use. Slavery was "the norm" as well once.... doesn't mean it wasn't a terrible thing.

I think iit's time for Mr shade to lock this now though :P
No... I just want one more reply from him, lets see his next crappy argument..

Captain Tomatoz
06-15-2012, 01:02 AM
No... I just want one more reply from him, lets see his next crappy argument..

But then we will want to comment back and it will keep going and going. He's being really stubborn and is making British people look bad :(. Which is ironic because that's what he's arguing about :D

Assassin_M
06-15-2012, 01:04 AM
But then we will want to comment back and it will keep going and going. He's being really stubborn and is making British people look bad :(. Which is ironic because that's what he's arguing about :D
Nah.. He`s not making you guys look bad;)
Im arguing with him as a stubborn complainer (former Idiot) who unfortunately has an Opinion..
You`re safe:p

BBALive
06-15-2012, 01:59 AM

The Brits actually treated its colonies quite well compared to most, if not all other empires. It was quite bureaucratic, but they were still treated with 'some' dignity and respect and a lot of good came out of colonialism (mostly technology, health and living standards) . Of course, certain kings did abuse people in the colonies, and unnecessary suffering was caused, but you can't blame every king for what one tyrant does.... And this really has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Oh well.

MrRiieRiie123
06-15-2012, 02:20 AM
I'm not buying AC3 as they F***ED me over with ACR online and they will no doubt do it again with AC3!!!! C*NTS !!!!!!!!!

Also think about it, no other country likes us........the British....get over it !

rileypoole1234
06-15-2012, 02:26 AM
I'm not buying AC3 as they F***ED me over with ACR online and they will no doubt do it again with AC3!!!! C*NTS !!!!!!!!!

Also think about it, no other country likes us........the British....get over it !

Uhhh You're a pillock.

Maybe nobody just likes you in particular. That's probably it.

Nobody got angry when we killed Italians, so why is every **** Brit losing their wits when one gets killed?

I'm British! I don't want idiots like you giving me a bad name! Shut up and get over it! Nobody wants to hear it! I've had enough!

Jamison_J_B
06-15-2012, 02:27 AM
okay. goodbye and have fun with your other game choices.

Jamison_J_B
06-15-2012, 02:33 AM

I have no issue with brits, nor any other nation. As a matter of fact, I'd like to visit Britian. This reminds me how I would post (no one likes americans). In all honesty, firstly, why would you put forth your energy against haters..not worth it, and secondly, as M once said to me, people will talk smack, don't let them get to you.

MrRiieRiie123
06-15-2012, 02:33 AM
I'm not losing my wit cos a Brit got killed....far from it I'm pissed off as I spent £30 on ACR and the uplay passport and the servers a down.....apparently for good.
That's why I'm angry :-(

rileypoole1234
06-15-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm not losing my wit cos a Brit got killed....far from it I'm pissed off as I spent £30 on ACR and the uplay passport and the servers a down.....apparently for good.

Well I honestly don't know anything about that. I think games passports for games are pretty dumb now. They all have them.

MrRiieRiie123
06-15-2012, 02:38 AM
Second hand games obviously can't use the same passport for a second console so they let you pay 800ms points for a new one
Then slap you round the face and tell you you can't use it as our servers are down and we are not going to use fix them....
Muhahahaha
:-(

Evenesque
06-15-2012, 02:54 AM

Then you don't belong in this thread.

KanetheSilent
06-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Oh, ubi is pro-american and against british. So every single collectors/"special editions" of any assassins creed game has come to America, right? Oh wait, no it hasnt. Just because the main selling point of the game is the American revolution doesnt mean it favors one side over the other, numerous sources have stated assassinations are both colonial and british. The Brits even get not one, but TWO multiplayer characters. Stop being such a pansy and go "harumph" somewhere else.

ShAd0wC4t
06-15-2012, 03:41 AM
America!! **** yeah!

Evenesque
06-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Probably has been posted before but they don't look so Redcoat-ish to me...

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/0/0c/Another_bluecoat%27s_death.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/3/38/Kill_the_bluecoat.jpg

For the last time. That's a British Lookout/Snitch soldier. Watch the frontier gameplay video and pay attention to the uniform of the first guy Connor chases down.

ProletariatPleb
06-15-2012, 04:43 AM
For the last time. That's a British Lookout/Snitch soldier. Watch the frontier gameplay video and pay attention to the uniform of the first guy Connor chases down.
Ahh, never noticed, thanks for the catch, altho, a few don't look European to me, more like..Natives 0_o

Like this one, that guy is in no way British:
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/e/e8/Killing_a_native_american_%28i_think%29.jpg

jmk1999
06-15-2012, 04:45 AM
*looks at thread and sees nothing of substance.* :nonchalance:

topics that focus on hate and bigotry and not acceptable. if you have a problem with the way it's being marketed, i'm sorry... just boycott the game. or better yet, you can rent it and see for yourself what you think. anyway... topic closed.