PDA

View Full Version : How do you think a modern day Assassin's Creed game would be handled?

BRANDONxPRODIGY
06-13-2012, 09:26 PM
I think if Assassin's Creed is to be continued or rebooted in a present day setting, it should be made like Hitman games. In Hitman games, the guns are always there for you to use (e.g. 1911 pistol) but you just don't want to use them as there are much more discreet ways to kill your enemies, which would stay true to the AC franchises lack of firearms. Also a modern day AC could have a variety of cool gadgets (maybe a grapple hookblade). How do you guys think it could be handled and what are your ideas?

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 09:31 PM
No thanks I`ll play Batman and Grand Theft Auto..

one of Assassins Creed`s main points of interest is the historical aspect, if that's gone then I'm done with it..

KanetheSilent
06-13-2012, 10:41 PM
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g332/MalcorFeral/Present-2.jpg

Like that imo

Saar Ben Kiki
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
well things will have to be reworked for that..
like - activities : there are way more to do in a modern world than medival..
and i think watch dogs is an amazing interpatetion of a modern assassin... a modern assassin must have this altair-ish feeling we felt in ac1.. but we all know it wont happen

Acrimonious_Nin
06-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I think it will be like the assassins of assassins creed as we know it, just changing the context of how they approach the actual mission structure. For example I do not think that Desmond will be using a sword in combat >_> more like a skill that most likely will be ''transferred'' over through some sort of ''bleeding'' effect that allows him to use modern weapons like a knife and pistol in a more CQC type environment. Chocolate :D

rileypoole1234
06-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Watch Dogs maybe? It seems like an AC could sort of be like that in the present. I know many people say that but it's true.

obliviondoll
06-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Watch Dogs maybe? It seems like an AC could sort of be like that in the present. I know many people say that but it's true.

Pretty much this, yeah.

It's different enough to be its own game, but it's still the closest you'll see to a modern version of the AC approach.

Dymez_510
That would be tough to do it in modern day without being just an open-world version of 'Hitman' or 'Watch Dogs,' as some say. I believe to keep the main components of stealth, parkour, artistic fighting, and action that makes the game so attractable would be to have the assassin be Japanese, and a master of the art of the shinobi. Oh man, just thinking of that gave me chills.. A Shinobi Assassin would be sick!

dxsxhxcx

imagine this image with Desmond with his hood up and a lot more people on his side of the street and on the other side instead of a dance club an Abstergo building.... :)
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2182/sem3ttulo.png

if they don't kill Desmond at the end of AC3 they definitely should make some sort of epilogue in (part of) a modern city where we need to kill some templars (Vidic, Rikkin and the others maybe)..

kriegerdesgottes
06-14-2012, 12:05 AM
No thanks I`ll play Batman and Grand Theft Auto..

one of Assassins Creed`s main points of interest is the historical aspect, if that's gone then I'm done with it..

This. I totally agree. If you want to play some boring modern assassin game then play Hitman or GTA or Guard Dogs. Not that there is anything wrong with those game they all seem great but AC is not just about being an assassin but also being a historical tourist which is one of the main aspects of the franchise that I love. If it's gone, I will be done with it.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-14-2012, 12:31 AM
imagine this image with Desmond with his hood up and a lot more people on his side of the street and on the other side instead of a dance club an Abstergo building.... :)

if they don't kill Desmond at the end of AC3 they definitely should make some sort of epilogue in (part of) a modern city where we need to kill some templars (Vidic, Rikkin and the others maybe)..

It actually would be nice to see this type of atmosphere in the modern times in AC. I am all for it and more.....u.u times like these makes me wonder why we have to wait 4 months till release -___- I am going to strategize how to wake up and get the game the most efficient way possible as to not waste a minute more on the road....<---bored of waiting makes plans to purchase -__-.... save me

notafanboy
06-14-2012, 12:43 AM
AC in a modern setting would suck so much balls you could technically be called a prostitute for playing it.

JumpInTheFire13
06-14-2012, 03:40 AM
AC in a modern setting would suck so much balls you could technically be called a prostitute for playing it.
I giggled because of this

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 02:11 PM
It just wouldn't work in modern times mainly for the story aspect.

Remember how Desmond couldn't freeroam in Monteriggioni during daytime? Well, Abstergo has eyes everywhere, even in small towns such as Monteriggioni; anyone climbing any building would immediately be suspicious and would get attacked on sight, taking away the fun of gameplay. The only way to just be able to walk around safely is to constantly blend with people, otherwise you will be found out very quickly.

Also, I'd assume that by modern times the Assassins' numbers are around 100 to 150; an HQ somewhere in Europe, and a few teams operating across the globe looking for the Pieces of Eden. I doubt that any Assassins would even have the time and security to just calmly roam around cities or towns, instead of actually looking for the Pieces of Eden or actively stopping the Templars.

I just can't see it work, and it will never get made. History has always been the main aspect of the series, and they won't just ditch that.

dxsxhxcx
06-14-2012, 02:44 PM
It just wouldn't work in modern times mainly for the story aspect.

Remember how Desmond couldn't freeroam in Monteriggioni during daytime? Well, Abstergo has eyes everywhere, even in small towns such as Monteriggioni; anyone climbing any building would immediately be suspicious and would get attacked on sight, taking away the fun of gameplay. The only way to just be able to walk around safely is to constantly blend with people, otherwise you will be found out very quickly.

Also, I'd assume that by modern times the Assassins' numbers are around 100 to 150; an HQ somewhere in Europe, and a few teams operating across the globe looking for the Pieces of Eden. I doubt that any Assassins would even have the time and security to just calmly roam around cities or towns, instead of actually looking for the Pieces of Eden or actively stopping the Templars.

I just can't see it work, and it will never get made. History has always been the main aspect of the series, and they won't just ditch that.

while I agree with this, nothing stop them to give more focus to the modern days in the next games, like I suggested before, an epilogue where we could walk around in part of a modern city to infiltrate an Abstergo building could work, also small sequences in a small (or part of) modern city (in the next games) could work as well...

SaintPerkele
06-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Who says that this won't happen in AC3? I'm absolutely certain that Desmond will encounter several Abstergo members as well as infiltrate some Abstergo building.

MasterSimaYi
06-14-2012, 03:17 PM
while I agree with this, nothing stop them to give more focus to the modern days in the next games, like I suggested before, an epilogue where we could walk around in part of a modern city to infiltrate an Abstergo building could work, also small sequences in a small (or part of) modern city (in the next games) could work as well...

Yes, but the topic is how a whole game set in modern times would work.

ProletariatPleb
06-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah a few encounters are possible in ACIII but not completely in Modern Times running around on buildings, remember their newest tagline? "History is our playground"

dxsxhxcx
06-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Who says that this won't happen in AC3? I'm absolutely certain that Desmond will encounter several Abstergo members as well as infiltrate some Abstergo building.

I hope you`re right.. :)

I believe we`ll end up killing Vidic (or maybe Daniel will do it when he become a good guy again.. theories, theories... hahaha) one way or another but I would enjoy it more if instead of Vidic coming our way making our job a lot easier, we should go after him at the end of the game, IMO Desmond going after all the big templars in different places at the end of the game would make the feeling of closure of his story much more stronger than if all of them just went after him and the other assassins where they are...

freddie_1897
06-14-2012, 04:28 PM
to me, what makes AC different to all the other free roam games is it's historical aspect, get rid of that, and you get rid of AC's originality

oliacr
06-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Modern era don't fit for an AC game...

xXMrGR1NCHXx
06-14-2012, 07:50 PM
They won't leave the historical part behind, it's the whole plot to the game. If anything they'll leave out the present day parts and just focus on being an Assassin.

MetalCreed
06-14-2012, 11:45 PM

Or simply use Watch Dog's engine (pretty sure they'll end up using it for future AC games) and create a bad *** modern day assassin game, however, I've been against this idea (modern day AC) as one of the greatest things about AC games is the main part of the games take place in the past, in historical time periods. It really wouldn't work out well. It would just turn into GTA. Too many issues with it.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 11:48 PM
I think that Assassin's Creed practically needs to be in conspiracy filled historical settings, not modern day settings.

Although, I wouldn't mind a game that takes place in the same universe as Assassin's Creed, in modern day, but as a protagonist unrelated to the Templars or Assassins. Maybe even a story that is seemingly unrelated to it. But with stealth mechanics of course.