PDA

View Full Version : Number of Sequences

Moultonborough
06-13-2012, 04:47 AM
I was watching the Frontier Demo(Again) and noticed something a bit different. Right before the cutscene it says the mission name and the sequence which was the 8th. My qustin is this: How many sequences do you think there will be and how many story missions there will be for each one. I don't want really have this turn into a "how many hours will it take thread". Both AC:B and AC:R had a total of nine. Even if the length of each sequence is long do you think it will again be nine or somewhere along AC 2? Thanks.

Evenesque
06-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Who knows? I abandoned using previous AC's to glean information about this one when I saw the gameplay demo. It's just so much different in terms of basic structure that it could easily redo the entire sequence system into each of them being major, major sections of the game. We may have seen a demo in the last sequence. We may have seen a demo in the first 5th of the game. We really don't know, and i seriously doubt the sequences are even close to a uniform size.

Azurefeatherfly
06-13-2012, 05:29 AM
Well, there are some hints as to how long the game is.

The game lasts from 1753 to 1783, which is the end of the war. Corey May has said that it will extend by a little bit beyond the war. Keep in mind that there are seasons, which means there could be multiple sequences within one year of time.

The Frontier demo is sequence 8 and takes place in the Winter 1776.

The Naval Gameplay takes place in the Spring of 1778, Alex Hutchinson has said that this part is more or less the halfway through the story.

If all the above applies, the game will be at least as long as AC2 and probably go beyond that to become the longest AC game ever just in main quest line with all the systemic gameplay.

Krayus Korianis
06-13-2012, 05:42 AM
I only saw the following: "NEW ENGLAND winter 1776"

Azurefeatherfly
06-13-2012, 05:50 AM

Caribbean Sea Spring 1778 with all capital letters showed up within the first three seconds of the demo, you can't miss it.

Krayus Korianis
06-13-2012, 06:02 AM
Caribbean Sea Spring 1778 with all capital letters showed up within the first three seconds of the demo, you can't miss it.

I was going by the Frontier demo... You don't read, do you?

Moultonborough
06-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Well, there are some hints as to how long the game is.

The game lasts from 1753 to 1783, which is the end of the war. Corey May has said that it will extend by a little bit beyond the war. Keep in mind that there are seasons, which means there could be multiple sequences within one year of time.

The Frontier demo is sequence 8 and takes place in the Winter 1776.

The Naval Gameplay takes place in the Spring of 1778, Alex Hutchinson has said that this part is more or less the halfway through the story.

If all the above applies, the game will be at least as long as AC2 and probably go beyond that to become the longest AC game ever just in main quest line with all the systemic gameplay.

The years don't matter too much to the length of the sequences. In between the death of the guy who poisons the Doge of Venice(forgot his name) and when Ezio kills the new one at Carnival a year passes before he returns to Venice. A year or two could be between the next Assassination of a Templar(unlikely though).

It pops up only for a second in the top left hand corner right before Connor talks to the guy for the mission. Freeze it and you can read it. It pops up at 2:41.

Azurefeatherfly
06-13-2012, 06:20 AM
I was going by the Frontier demo... You don't read, do you?

You posted "I only saw the following: "NEW ENGLAND winter 1776", I thought you had missed the date on the Naval Gameplay, I was trying to help. Why don't you convey info clearly the next time you post?

EzioAssassin51
06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
I believe it's been confirmed (taking this from another forum post) to be longer than AC2... Not sure if that means 14+ sequences, but I'm sure we can expect around 12 - 14 sequences

I know you don't want this as a length of game thread but either way, we know it's going to be a very long game considering the time period, and even if there aren't 14 sequences, the sequences would most likely be very long in themselves!

Krayus Korianis
06-13-2012, 08:49 AM
You posted "I only saw the following: "NEW ENGLAND winter 1776", I thought you had missed the date on the Naval Gameplay, I was trying to help. Why don't you convey info clearly the next time you post?

1. You didn't read the OP.
2. You didn't even read anything I posted.
3. Troll somewhere else.

Krayus Korianis
06-13-2012, 08:52 AM
It pops up only for a second in the top left hand corner right before Connor talks to the guy for the mission. Freeze it and you can read it. It pops up at 2:41.

I see it now. It could be that it was Sequence 8 of a specific memory of that year. We don't know.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
06-13-2012, 09:15 AM
It has been confirmed that AC3 is longer Than AC2 by 20% ,,, AC2 was 12 sequences ( Not including the DLC) but It was Long and satisfying ,,, and ubisoft said the we will see a lot of Desmond than we have ever seen,,, I'm sure AC3 will satisfy us ,,, And I hope that the 20% will be Desmond's missions :D

Evenesque
06-13-2012, 09:24 AM
It has been confirmed that AC3 is longer Than AC2 by 20% ,,, AC2 was 12 sequences ( Not including the DLC) but It was Long and satisfying ,,, and ubisoft said the we will see a lot of Desmond than we have ever seen,,, I'm sure AC3 will satisfy us ,,, And I hope that the 20% will be Desmond's missions :D

Source?

DoNNiEDaRkO50
06-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Source?

ther ya go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed#Assassin.27s_Creed_III
Just go down to assassin's creed ,, and you will find it
And I'm also 100% sure that I heared Alex Hutchison saying it In a video interview but I can't find it :D

oliacr
06-13-2012, 11:46 AM
14-15 sequences i think + the Desmond part

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Source?
Honestly, Its not his fault for you not following the news..
but seeing as he was kind enough to provide a source, I`ll just shut up now..