PDA

View Full Version : Why Assassins Creed 3 Might Get a Sales Boost from Barack Obama and Mitt Romney

rob.davies2014
06-12-2012, 10:24 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/06/12/why-assassins-creed-3-might-get-a-sales-boost-from-barack-obama-and-mitt-romney/I think people will certainly be looking back at America's history and there'll be a surge in patriotism as the elections draw closer; nice timing ;)

JumpInTheFire13
06-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Unless you're Canadian and you don't give a ****

Vex_Assassin
06-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Unless you're Canadian and you don't give a ****

hahaha this made me laugh

rob.davies2014
06-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Or Welsh, but if it means more sales for Ubi it makes me happy :)

brick177
06-12-2012, 11:35 PM
It means you can count out the youth vote, because they will all be playing AC3 on election day.

Jamison_J_B
06-13-2012, 12:47 AM
wouldn't people already have a vested interest in the policies that their political officials make? I know I do, a game shouldn't change that.

JumpInTheFire13
06-13-2012, 12:56 AM
It means you can count out the youth vote, because they will all be playing AC3 on election day.
Youth can vote in the US?

rileypoole1234
06-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Well this is a good thing I guess.

brick177
06-13-2012, 01:01 AM
wouldn't people already have a vested interest in the policies that their political officials make? I know I do, a game shouldn't change that.

Well, if we're being serious... No, this game will have no effect on the political landscape. (1) The target demographic for this game is hardly the same as the voting demographic, children can't vote and young adults rarely vote. (2) The game is likely to be not very patriotic. Considering the AC series up to this point, the narrative of AC3 is likely to be "Big Bad Imperialists take advantage of the small weak country and bully them around with their awesome military might." Which means, patriotic Americans will be mad that their revolution was turned into a lesson on humility, and non-patriotic Americans will be entertained with what they already believe. In other words, it won't change any opinions.

brick177
06-13-2012, 01:03 AM

lol, in the US the "youth" vote is considered anyone between 18 and 25. People who are legally allowed to vote but overwhelmingly do not vote.

Evenesque
06-13-2012, 01:07 AM

Are you new here or.....?

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 01:08 AM
He was here long before you..

MetalCreed
06-13-2012, 01:11 AM
So are the Canadians suppose to be on British's side?

Jamison_J_B
06-13-2012, 01:19 AM

what do you mean?

I'm merely saying that it is a wise idea for any person, in their own country, to keep an eye on their government officals.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-13-2012, 01:23 AM

my 4 year old brother voted last year...doesn't Canada have those "opportunities"........>_> lmao jk I don't have a brother, no they can't vote thank god...if they did justin bieber would be president in no time....or some pot head here in miami who wants to run and his campaign is him getting high on t.v while getting drunk. >_> god save us.. jus ad bellum<----- I wish I did lmao

clearly does not know his/her history u.u....it's in the books...and in videos on youtube don't be lazy

Azurefeatherfly
06-13-2012, 01:26 AM

There would have been no such term as Canadian during the American Revolution, they were as much British as the King George the Third.

brick177
06-13-2012, 01:52 AM
There would have been no such term as Canadian during the American Revolution, they were as much British as the King George the Third.

As were the Americans. They were all British (and minority European immigrant and slaves). It was a British civil war. Most modern 'Americans' immigrated from somewhere else over the proceeding 236 years.

De Filosoof
06-13-2012, 02:15 AM
*sigh*

Don't you understand?

The candidate with the biggest campaign support (that is mostly invested by major corporations who know their investment will pay back) will most likely get the most votes.
For example, when a candidate only has the means to make the world a better place, major corporations won't invest in them because that's not in their interest.
A real democracy don't you guys think? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ3xxwQvVnE

**** politics, just enjoy the nice game called AC and learn some things from it.

De Filosoof
06-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Last one. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GseyaEibb_4

RIP George :)

Gespenst1246
06-13-2012, 02:20 AM
if nothing else it really does have some intresting timing

Jamison_J_B
06-13-2012, 02:41 AM
*sigh*

Don't you understand?

The candidate with the biggest campaign support (that is mostly invested by major corporations who know their investment will pay back) will most likely get the most votes.
For example, when a candidate only has the means to make the world a better place, major corporations won't invest in them because that's not in their interest.
A real democracy don't you guys think? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ3xxwQvVnE

**** politics, just enjoy the nice game called AC and learn some things from it.

^This. Corporations, Unions and Lobbyist; part of the death of democracy in the United States.

MetalCreed
06-16-2012, 12:17 AM
my 4 year old brother voted last year...doesn't Canada have those "opportunities"........>_> lmao jk I don't have a brother, no they can't vote thank god...if they did justin bieber would be president in no time....or some pot head here in miami who wants to run and his campaign is him getting high on t.v while getting drunk. >_> god save us.. jus ad bellum<----- I wish I did lmao

clearly does not know his/her history u.u....it's in the books...and in videos on youtube don't be lazy

Lolwut, I know my history quite well.
I was just saying sarcastically..

Locopells
06-16-2012, 02:25 PM
The founding fathers were a loud, opinionated and contradictory bunch - people have been able to trot them out to support any number of causes since before the Civil War.

Gotta love this.

Crucify Lucifer
06-16-2012, 05:11 PM

I still plan to vote for Elmo, no game will ruin my dream.

Jexx21
06-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Dear god, I sent them a correction yesterday on the name of Connor, and they still didn't fix it.

His name is Connor Kenway! Idiots.