PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Location Request

Fury074ubi
06-11-2012, 04:10 AM
Hey, I was wondering if it was too late to request a location event for Assassin's Creed 3. If it is then I request that the historical event be made into a DLC mission or something.

In 1775, the First Continental Congress (IIRC) established what would become the United States Marine Corps, and one of their first missions was what would be the first amphibious landing mission of the USMC They sailed down to the Bahamas and into Nassau, stormed the fort there and stole cannon and gunpowder. Many of the cannons that General Washington used to force the British out of Boston came from this fort. Another fun fact is that the US Marine Corps was founded in a bar. A bar called Tun's Tavern, in Philadelphia.

I was wondering if it would be possible to maybe have our new Assassin, Conner, go down there to maybe gather information on the layout of the fort, similar to how Altair needed to gather intelligence on one of his marked target before he was allowed to killed said target. Maybe add in the need to climb to a lookout point and have Conner synchronize at the top and perform a Leap of Faith, like always.

Anyway, I thought that this would be a fun and interesting addition to what looks to be an awesome game. Add in that this mission isn't widely known outside of History buffs and U.S. Marines, and you get to share some little known history with the rest of the world.

Please let me know if this is feasible, either as part of the game, or as a DLC.

rileypoole1234
06-11-2012, 04:14 AM
It is feasible that it's already in the game, now that we know that the Caribbean is actually in the game. It'd be a cool mission. Since the Caribbean is free roam, it'd be cool to be able to go back to the fort after the mission is over, if it's a mission at all.

Fury074ubi
06-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Sweet. I can't wait to see what this game has in store for us.

rileypoole1234
06-11-2012, 04:24 AM
Sweet. I can't wait to see what this game has in store for us.

Indeed. I bet there's still some surprises in store.

Evenesque
06-11-2012, 04:46 AM
I think there's a good chance this is mentioned somehow already. The game goes from America to the Caribbean, and there's Mayan ruins in it too in preorder DLC

MetalCreed
06-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Think we'll see the French or Canadians (loyalists) appear in the game?

Also, it seems like we'll be going to the Carribean sea and Mexico as well.

Fury074ubi
06-11-2012, 06:12 AM
I could easily see Canadians and possible French. After the French and Indian War (Seven Year War), France was forced to give the British all of their territory east of the Mississippi River. But the British didn't want to fight the Native Americans of the territory they just received, having just got done with a war, so they (IIRC) prohibited expansion into this territory. That's not to say that nobody went there, just that they weren't supposed to go. The British eventually said that people could go, but that they wouldn't be getting much protection against the Native Americans (again IIRC).

imonthenet
06-11-2012, 09:28 AM
That would be awesome! I can see it working as it has been confirmed we venture to Philidelphia, as well as the Carribean. Ubisoft loves these kinds of stories (not well known, but kind of important in the founding of something big). An example of this is the reference to Coffee in ACII. Sure it's minor but it's still a reference

Fury074ubi
06-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Exactly, I believe that this mission is even more significant than the small mention of coffee. As I said, some of the guns Washington used to intimidate the British out of Boston with were taken from this fort in Nassau, the other guns were taken from Fort Ticonderoga. He would later take these cannon and place them at West Point. Another reason this mission is so important is that it is one of the more significant missions undertaken by what would become the United States Marine Corps, as well as their first amphibious landing, a tactic that the Marines would use to great success in World War 2.