PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, why doesn't the US get any cool editions?

StingyE4gle
06-10-2012, 04:29 AM
Like the Freedom Edition, should be given to America, because...well...America was for 'Freedom', so wouldn't it make since for them to have that edition?

Azugo
06-10-2012, 04:36 AM
This thread again? I swear this topic comes up just as much as the 'Altair V Ezio' threads, lol.

But to answer your question; Ubisoft have said that they're planning a special edition for you guys, you just gotta wait a bit longer for them to reveal it.

gamertam
06-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Hello StingyE4gle and welcome to the forum
there's already an existing thread, please scroll down a bit more. Or just look around.
It had been confirmed the US will get a Collector's Edition--not greater or lesser but a different version of CE which just as great.

StingyE4gle
06-10-2012, 04:42 AM
there's already an existing thread, please scroll down a bit more. Or just look around.
It had been confirmed the US will get a Collector's Edition--not greater or lesser but a different version of CE which just as great.

Yes, I know, but the US will get the A-end of it again, just like Revelations and Brotherhood D:
This is just speculation, but wouldn't Ubi be getting more profit if they offered Freedom and Join or Die editions to the US and other countries that aren't being offered it?

BATISTABUS
06-10-2012, 04:48 AM
'Special/Collector's Edition is coming for North America. We can, however, offer no further details at this time since we're still in the process of finalizing.

In regards to why it is taking us so long to announce what we're going to be offering, there are a couple of factors, one of which is that we know that the setting of AC3 pretty much requires that we deliver a staggeringly amazing Special Edition for North America, so we have been working very hard on meeting that expectation... that said, despite all of our extraordinarily strenuous efforts, it's extremely unlikely that anything resembling an actual Tomahawk will make it into the box. We tried our very best, but rules are rules, hehe.

But an announcement will be coming, in the hopefully very near future... and when it does, please don't hesitate to request a "roll-over" to the Special/Collector's Edition of your choice on your existing pre-order and your retailer should happily comply.'
Here you go.

StingyE4gle
06-10-2012, 04:49 AM

I'm sorry for my comment earlier, I just read some more of that thread, and I just have to hope the US CE will be awesome :D