PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft can't we just have a copy of the game for sale with just the DLC.....

DinoSteve1
06-09-2012, 11:39 PM
and not all the other crap that comes along with it, please.

SquareToShoot
06-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Fat chance. Every publisher seems to do this nonsense nowadays despite us gamers screaming don't do it. I've actually lost respect for and faith in devs/publishers these days.

D.I.D.
06-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Buy the basic edition and wait. It doesn't take long for complete DLC bundles to appear, and drop in price, by which time your memory of the game will have faded enough for you to enjoy the complete game afresh on a new playthrough.

I wish I had the patience to reject the initial purchase and wait for the GOTY, but ACIII looks a bit too good for that ;)

DinoSteve1
06-09-2012, 11:54 PM
I really am being pushed towards the basic version, if there was a copy with just the game and the dlc, I'd get it.

rileypoole1234
06-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Fat chance. Every publisher seems to do this nonsense nowadays despite us gamers screaming don't do it. I've actually lost respect for and faith in devs/publishers these days.

I don't ever recall anyone "screaming don't do it". Why lose faith in devs and publishers just because of the bundles they make?

If you don't want it, you don't have to buy it. If you want one thing but it only comes in a bundle, you either buy the whole bundle, or you don't get anything. Those are the options.

Gamestop is offering the Mayan ruins with the basic game as a pre order bonus if I'm not mistaken. At least that's what it says on their website.

Evenesque
06-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Don't blame the developers. It's not their fault as a whole. At most, it's a Developer's Upper management's fault. Even then, though, they're not responsible for what the publisher and distributor wants to do with the game. That's not under their control. It's politics in the form of......politics.

GeneralTrumbo
06-10-2012, 02:05 AM
Its the ones who market the games fault, not the developers.

maxerx180
06-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Well you must have love the Signature Edition. I would rather have something physical and digital if I'm buying a limited edition.

GIONAScm2
06-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Lol this thread is one of the most non-sense threads I've ever seen (and I've been a big part of at least 10 forums). Who the hell would want just the DLC and not the original game? If you only like the DLC that comes with AC, then maybe you don't like the game and should consider other games. The point of DLC is for people that enjoyed the base game, and seeing as how you call the base game 'the other crap', it sounds like you dislike the original product.

Seriously you don't deserve to be a part of these forums if you just want the DLC, and not "the other crap" that is the reason most people buy the game.

rileypoole1234
06-10-2012, 03:48 AM
Lol this thread is one of the most non-sense threads I've ever seen (and I've been a big part of at least 10 forums). Who the hell would want just the DLC and not the original game? If you only like the DLC that comes with AC, then maybe you don't like the game and should consider other games. The point of DLC is for people that enjoyed the base game, and seeing as how you call the base game 'the other crap', it sounds like you dislike the original product.

Seriously you don't deserve to be a part of these forums if you just want the DLC, and not "the other crap" that is the reason most people buy the game.

You are quite stupid. He said he wants a copy of the game, but with no physical content, just DLC Obviously he wants the game, he said it in the title.

"Ubisoft can't we just have a copy of the game"

GIONAScm2
06-10-2012, 03:53 AM
I dislike when people just continue a thread title in their post, and that is all. I consider it spam, and its also hard to understand at times like this. No one's stupid, but the OP really should have elaborated more in his post, maybe used examples such as, "I don't want physical content, I just want the original game and the DLC." He didn't make it clear that he also wanted the original game.

rileypoole1234
06-10-2012, 04:16 AM
I dislike when people just continue a thread title in their post, and that is all. I consider it spam, and its also hard to understand at times like this. No one's stupid, but the OP really should have elaborated more in his post, maybe used examples such as, "I don't want physical content, I just want the original game and the DLC." He didn't make it clear that he also wanted the original game.

Fair enough.

HorTyS
06-10-2012, 07:31 AM

You realize the reason it happens so frequently and on so many games is because alot of people buy them and they make alot more money off of it right? Clearly the gamers screaming "don't do it" are drowned out by the ones screaming "continue doing it". The only reason you could have for causing you to lose faith in devs or publishers would be if buying a CE/ premium edition that costs more was the only option, you can still by the standard edition if you don't like it, chillax holmes.

Krayus Korianis
06-10-2012, 07:49 AM
I understood it as the OP wants an Edition... That only has DLC and a Retail copy of the game... That correct?

De Filosoof
06-10-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm just gonna buy the regular version even though it's too bad i won't get the extra DLC missions.
**** those sickening marketing tactics, i'm not going to support it.
I guess it's just the sick materialistic world we live in today, buying stuff we don't need.

kalo.yanis
06-10-2012, 01:13 PM
I actually like having extras in the special edition boxes. I loved the art book and AC:Embers that came with the ACR CE. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on that AC medallion from the Join or Die edition. The box, though, is a bit of a let down.

GIONAScm2
06-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I sincerely pity all the ignorant fools who hate DLC because it should be 'included in the original game'. They seem to have the impression that the company gives you most of the game on the disc, and the rest of it as a DLC. The factis, DLC is EXTRA!! They make you a base game that is fun and all, and takes them years to make, and then they think, "Hey. We want people to continue to enjoy our game longer, so how about we add in some extra things to the game via DLC?" This is exactly what goes through their head, not what you think "lets leave out 10% of the game and sell it as a DLC to make cheap profits....Muhahahahahahaha". No, just no.

I'm sorry, but it urks me to see such selfish people whining about this, when they are completely wrong. Its like saying, "I hate how Ubisoft made Assassins Creed 3, they are selfish, money hungry jerks. Why can't they just include the extra content in AC3 into AC2?"
This is as logical as what you people are saying.

dxsxhxcx
06-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I sincerely pity all the ignorant fools who hate DLC because it should be 'included in the original game'. They seem to have the impression that the company gives you most of the game on the disc, and the rest of it as a DLC. The factis, DLC is EXTRA!!.

The Lost Archive DLC doesn't seem like an "extra" to me, it had one of the most important revelations people wanted to know and was about an important character of the franchise...

while I would love to have an edition with all the DLC included from the beginning (because I only consider extras things like the Encyclopedia, weapons, skins, etc) as long as they release it later for everyone I'm fine with it, my major concern is with exclusive DLC for "x" platform, this IMO is wrong, in game content related to the SP story should be the same for everyone no matter in which platform you play and how significant it is for the story..

De Filosoof
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Why only include the mayan ruins in the most expensive edition? Coincidence? No.
It's really simple actually, it's just how marketing works.
Everybody wants to visit the mayan ruins so...

Chariflame
06-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Each to their own I suppose, I really enjoy the collectables available from various editions. I'd much rather have a tangible, physical book/figure/box than DLC.

DreadxHawk
06-11-2012, 01:17 AM
are you all stupid? the mayan ruin dlc is free with the standard edition from gamestop, this is the worse widespread case of downs I've seen in a while

Jamison_J_B
06-11-2012, 02:01 AM
are you all stupid? the mayan ruin dlc is free with the standard edition from gamestop, this is the worse widespread case of downs I've seen in a while

I don't think the Gamespot deal is the same for Europe, the poster you are referring to is in Europe. No need to be calling people stupid.

SquareToShoot
06-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Publishers also need to stop being utter jerks by doing store specific pre-order bonuses .

Locopells
06-11-2012, 08:41 PM

Don't be such an complete ars*hole. That's only for the US as others have said, and many Down's people are some of the most intelligent I've met, and certinally more so then some of the utter twerps we get here.

UrDeviant1
06-11-2012, 11:11 PM
I'v actually cancelled my pre-order of the Freedom Edition. The DLC will be available at a later date anyway (most likely cheaper) and I don't think a figure of Connor and a Book are worth double the price. There's also the chance they could make a 'season pass' for the game, where all DLC is at a discounted price. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying It though. If you're a collector, then why the hell not?

EscoBlades
06-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Publishers also need to stop being utter jerks by doing store specific pre-order bonuses .

Do you even understand what you are talking about?

1) It is business
2) See point 1
3) If there wasn't demand for it, no publisher would supply it (simple economics)
4) See point 1
5) Retailers need to drum up custom and business as well, hence why there are store specific pre order bonuses.
6) See point 1

infamous_ezio
06-12-2012, 12:45 AM
What's up with the Exclusive DLC to sony? i use ps3 but just seems a bit unfair aha

DinoSteve1
06-13-2012, 01:43 AM
I think some people misunderstand what I want. I would like a copy of the game with all the available DLC thats out at the time but without the toys and books included, because in my opinion (and it is my opinion) the toys and books and things are a waste of money.

Please read the title and the original post before you post, otherwise you will look like a fool.

You are entitled to feel that way, but it is hardly my fault that you will not take the time to read the OP's post correctly. Everyone else in the thread seemed able to read it correctly.

Krayus Korianis
06-13-2012, 05:22 AM
I'd love an edition of AC II, AC: Brotherhood and AC: Revelations that has all the DLC included on the disc or equivalent DLC Download codes.

Calvarok
06-13-2012, 05:58 AM
If you want just the game with DLC then you might as well just but the normal and then wait for the DLC.

Krayus Korianis
06-13-2012, 06:04 AM
If you want just the game with DLC then you might as well just but the normal and then wait for the DLC.

Don't know about you... But I like having it on the same Disc tbh.