PDA

View Full Version : I assume there will be none of the dire first person platforming in AC3?

SquareToShoot
06-09-2012, 11:34 PM
That Revelations stuff was quite awful. I know it was optional but ****. It has no place in this series. I wouldn't mind but it wasn't even good first person platforming. It was plain awful.

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 11:37 PM
I personally loved them..
But no, they wont return..

Captain Tomatoz
06-09-2012, 11:38 PM
I personally loved them..
But no, they wont return..

I thought I was the only one who liked them. I thought they were a nice change of pace and the scenery was beautiful. :D

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 11:40 PM
I thought I was the only one who liked them. I thought they were a nice change of pace and the scenery was beautiful. :D
The whole concept was Genius..
The way they presented it, the Symbolism and context of the recollection of a past event..
The sounds, the atmosphere... just Beautiful.

SquareToShoot
06-09-2012, 11:44 PM
It was a stupid concept. Placing imaginary/digital shapes inside part of the animus to get from A to B to recollect a past event.

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 11:45 PM
It was a stupid concept In my Opinion. Placing imaginary/digital shapes inside part of the animus to get from A to B to recollect a past event.
*fixed

DinoSteve1
06-09-2012, 11:47 PM
yeah they were pretty silly, nearly as bad as tower defense tbh

D.I.D.
06-09-2012, 11:48 PM
*fixed

Oh please. Nobody should ever have to qualify their own opinion, unless they're saying something daft such as "everyone loved this" or "everyone hated this".

Who else's opinion is it going to be?

SquareToShoot
06-09-2012, 11:49 PM
It actually was a stupid concept when you think about it.

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Oh please. Nobody should ever have to qualify their own opinion, unless they're saying something daft such as "everyone loved this" or "everyone hated this".

Who else's opinion is it going to be?
Not including the phrase "In my opinion" makes it an accepted default of fact..
Which it is not..

D.I.D.
06-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Which it is not..

It is nothing more than a points-scoring exercise, and a poor arguing tactic, designed to cow the opponent.

It makes no difference to the person's argument, which remains the same. If he/she said "everyone thought this sucked", you'd have a reason to correct them.

SquareToShoot
06-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Which it is not..

Which it is not, in your opinion.....

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 11:59 PM
It is nothing more than a points-scoring exercise, and a poor arguing tactic, designed to cow the opponent.

It makes no difference to the person's argument, which remains the same. If he/she said "everyone thought this sucked", you'd have a reason to correct them.
True..
But he did not say "I thought its a stupid concept" had he said that, I would`v refrained from correcting him, but he simply said "its a stupid concept" if that doesn't sound as default as the phrase "the earth rotates" I do not know what is..
When one talks about earth`s rotation he says "earth is rotating" thus a widely accepted and known fact..
You cannot say "I think Earth is rotating" which signals the presence of an opinion, but that is completely irrelevant..

So my point is, his lack of usage of the phrase "in my opinion" or "I thought it was stupid" gives the right reason to correct him..

Which it is not, in your opinion.....
No..
Desmond`s Missions being a "stupid concept" as an accepted fact is not my opinion, its a fact..

DinoSteve1
06-10-2012, 12:06 AM
tbh I hope there is more free running Desmond missions like in ACB were you are jumping around the Colosseum.

SquareToShoot
06-10-2012, 12:06 AM
True..
But he did not say "I thought its a stupid concept" had he said that, I would`v refrained from correcting him, but he simply said "its a stupid concept" if that doesn't sound as default as the phrase "the earth rotates" I do not know what is..
When one talks about earth`s rotation he says "earth is rotating" thus a widely accepted and known fact..
You cannot say "I think Earth is rotating" which signals the presence of an opinion, but that is completely irrelevant..

So my point is, his lack of usage of the phrase "in my opinion" or "I thought it was stupid" gives the right reason to correct him..

No..
Desmond`s Missions being a "stupid concept" as an accepted fact is not my opinion, its a fact..

Ah but it is except to the few folk with that opinion like yourself....

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Ah but it is except to the few folk with that opinion like yourself....
Unless you did a survey on how many people loved/hated the first person missions, then you are wrong..

DinoSteve1
06-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Unless you did a survey on how many people loved/hated the first person missions, then you are wrong..
ye should do a poll

D.I.D.
06-10-2012, 12:09 AM
tbh I hope there is more free running Desmond missions like in ACB were you are jumping around the Colosseum.

This, and I expect we're going to get something along those lines.

Assassin M: All of this just derails the thread, and that's the point I'm making. The question of the thread, in essence, is "will ACIII feature the first-person platforming?" and the OP clearly didn't like that. And as we know, the answer to that question is "no", as we've heard already from the developers.

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:11 AM
This, and I expect we're going to get something along those lines.

Assassin M: All of this just derails the thread, and that's the point I'm making. The question of the thread, in essence, is "will ACIII feature the first-person platforming?" and the OP clearly didn't like that. And as we know, the answer to that question is "no", as we've heard already from the developers.
I answered that question, and we are now currently debating whether these missions were widely hated or not..
Doesn't seem off-topic to me..

SquareToShoot
06-10-2012, 12:13 AM
lol

So anyway, HUZZAH! No stupid first person platforming stuff. I am relieved. ;)

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:14 AM
lol

So anyway, HUZZAH! No stupid first person platforming stuff. I am relieved. ;)
I'm glad..

rileypoole1234
06-10-2012, 12:24 AM
I liked those sections:rolleyes:...

SixKeys
06-10-2012, 12:25 AM
The whole concept was Genius.. In My Opinion

* Fixed.

Anyway, I liked the art design and concept, but agree that it didn't really feel like Assassin's Creed. I liked the Desmond missions a lot more than Clay's missions in TLA.

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:27 AM
* Fixed.

Anyway, I liked the art design and concept, but agree that it didn't really feel like Assassin's Creed. I liked the Desmond missions a lot more than Clay's missions in TLA.
That doesn't apply here..
I was discussing how beautiful they were with a guy who thinks the same.. So im not entitled to include the phrase "In my Opinion"

SixKeys
06-10-2012, 12:29 AM
And the person who replied to the thread posted to agree with the OP who said they were dire. It could be said they were having a discussion on the issue as they were two people posting about something they agree upon. So he shouldn't have been expected to add "in my opinion" to his post either.

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:31 AM
And the person who replied to the thread posted to agree with the OP who said they were dire. It could be said they were having a discussion on the issue as they were two people posting about something they agree upon. So he shouldn't have been expected to add "in my opinion" to his post either.
No, he replied and referenced a post that contradicted his Opinion..
I did not correct the 2 posts discussing how they hated the mini-game..
I corrected the Post directly below mine, which referenced my comments..

SixKeys
06-10-2012, 12:38 AM
No, he replied and referenced a post that contradicted his Opinion..
I did not correct the 2 posts discussing how they hated the mini-game..
I corrected the Post directly below mine, which referenced my comments..

The entirety of his first reply was this: "It was a stupid concept. Placing imaginary/digital shapes inside part of the animus to get from A to B to recollect a past event." He wasn't referencing anything. You're the one who started stirring crap up by "fixing" his post.

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:40 AM
The entirety of his first reply was this: "It was a stupid concept. Placing imaginary/digital shapes inside part of the animus to get from A to B to recollect a past event." He wasn't referencing anything. You're the one who started stirring crap up by "fixing" his post.
No, he did reference parts of my post in "stupid concept" and "Recollect a past event"..
And tell me more about this "stirring crap up" theory of yours ?

SixKeys
06-10-2012, 12:47 AM
No, he did reference parts of my post in "stupid concept" and "Recollect a past event"..
And tell me more about this "stirring crap up" theory of yours ?

How was he referencing you? He was simply describing the game mechanic. Just because you used some of the same words to describe THE SAME GAME doesn't mean he was referring to your opinion specifically.

Stirring crap up = Frequently "fixing" other people's posts when their opinion radically differs from yours, knowing fully well it's going to cause annoyance and flame wars over semantics, whilst exempting your own opinions from similar criticism. Hope that clears things up.

Calvarok
06-10-2012, 12:48 AM
If only people didn't react so violently to new things. Then this kind of thing might reach its full potential in sequels, instead of being dropped.

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:49 AM
How was he referencing you? He was simply describing the game mechanic. Just because you used some of the same words to describe THE SAME GAME doesn't mean he was referring to your opinion specifically.

Stirring crap up = Frequently "fixing" other people's posts when their opinion radically differs from yours, knowing fully well it's going to cause annoyance and flame wars over semantics, whilst exempting your own opinions from similar criticism. Hope that clears things up.
His post was directly below mine, clearly using some words from my post..
and He himself didnt find it offensive, nor were there any flame wars stirred..

BATISTABUS
06-10-2012, 12:52 AM
I thought they were fun, aesthetically interesting, and had great gameplay conveyance. Still, I think it's pretty dumb that the major twist of Revelations was revealed in this type of gameplay (which also happened to be DLC...).

masterfenix2009
06-10-2012, 12:53 AM

Stirring crap up = Frequently "fixing" other people's posts when their opinion radically differs from yours, knowing fully well it's going to cause annoyance and flame wars over semantics, whilst exempting your own opinions from similar criticism. Hope that clears things up.He was referencing them. He obviously wasn't talkig to himself since the only people who were posting in the thread at all at the time was M and Captn.

SixKeys
06-10-2012, 12:55 AM
If only people didn't react so violently to new things. Then this kind of thing might reach its full potential in sequels, instead of being dropped.

I'm perfectly okay with developers trying new things. I'm looking forward to hunting and naval battles in AC3, for examples, because they actually feel well-implemented and relevant to the time period. The Desmond missions were an interesting concept, but didn't quite feel at home in the AC franchise. It was like they had the game mechanic and concept in mind long before development started on ACR and just decided to stick it in there to test how the public would react to such an idea. When most players reacted negatively, the devs basically blamed the playerbase for not being open to new ideas, instead of considering maybe the idea didn't suit the franchise or wasn't as well done as it could have been. Any potential it could have reached was already reached in ACR as far as I'm concerned, especially with the TLA expansion, it's just a concept that doesn't have much room for any more potential, especially in the context of the story in which it was introduced. It was like Portal Lite in a series that's mainly a third-person action adventure in historical settings.

GeneralTrumbo
06-10-2012, 01:45 AM
I personally thought they were amazing and wanted to see more of them =( I did miss the glyphs, though.

De Filosoof
06-10-2012, 03:01 PM
I personally thought they were amazing and wanted to see more of them =( I did miss the glyphs, though.

Yeah, me too :(

this sentence from the AC wikia gives me hope for AC3 though:

There will be puzzles similar to the Glyphs (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Glyphs), but they will not be given by Subject 16 (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Clay_Kaczmarek).[5] (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_III#cite_note-Game_Informer-4)

POP1Fan
06-10-2012, 03:38 PM

There are some people that want the series to downgrade to the repetitive Assassin's Creed.So yeah...some people react very harsh to change.

On topic:
There won't be any 1st person sequences, and the whole concept was great, only that it was handled pretty bad.IMO they felt rushed.The Lost Archive ones where better, but I liked them anyway.

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 03:40 PM
There are some people that want the series to downgrade to the repetitive Assassin's Creed.So yeah...some people react very harsh to change.

On topic:
There won't be any 3rd person sequences, and the whole concept was great, only that it was handled pretty bad.IMO they felt rushed.The Lost Archive ones where better, but I liked them anyway.
Oh.........my.........GOD !! AC WILL JUST BE FIRST PERSON ??? NO 3rd PERSON SEQUENCES ??? HOLY HELL !!!!

P.S Im joking:)

Aphex_Tim
06-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I liked the idea but what killed it for me was the controls; they were clunky as f***!
I also just didn't really make sense to move like that since we saw what Desmond is capable of in Brotherhood.

POP1Fan
06-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh.........my.........GOD !! AC WILL JUST BE FIRST PERSON ??? NO 3rd PERSON SEQUENCES ??? HOLY HELL !!!!

P.S Im joking:)

Ooops...I was in a hurry xDDDD Epic fail.

dxsxhxcx
06-10-2012, 03:46 PM
The Desmond missions were an interesting concept, but didn't quite feel at home in the AC franchise. It was like they had the game mechanic and concept in mind long before development started on ACR and just decided to stick it in there to test how the public would react to such an idea. When most players reacted negatively, the devs basically blamed the playerbase for not being open to new ideas, instead of considering maybe the idea didn't suit the franchise or wasn't as well done as it could have been. Any potential it could have reached was already reached in ACR as far as I'm concerned, especially with the TLA expansion, it's just a concept that doesn't have much room for any more potential, especially in the context of the story in which it was introduced. It was like Portal Lite in a series that's mainly a third-person action adventure in historical settings.

in a franchise where we are capable to "go to the past" and see with our eyes exactly what happened there and be part of it, it surprises me how they thought give us less than that (specially) for Desmond (that is a character that desperately need more room in the spotlight to become more likeable) would be acceptable, static images, crazy environment and monologues IMO are hard to be as enjoyable as a full experience with the animus recreating the surroundings of a memory, IMO it wasn't even the fact that was in 1st person that made that feature lame but the look of it, if it was in 1st person with the animus recreating the environment of Desmond memories, Desmond interacting with some people and without those blocks we needed to create to advance IMO that feature would have been a lot better...

TreFacTor
06-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Me and my 2 sons tried to play these levels, out of sheer will I forced myself to complete 3 of them...my sons gave in after the first. We all hated it and never completed them.

raptor41tr
06-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Before ACR released, i had thought that in Desmond missions we will play Desmond's memories as we did with Ezio in 3rd person. It would be very cool. When i see that 1st person puzzle, it was a disappointment. I really wanted to play with Desmond in his past.

ProletariatPleb
06-10-2012, 05:25 PM
I hope not, do not want.
The very idea of anything Assassin's Creed being first person punches me in the stomach.

playassassins1
06-10-2012, 07:13 PM
They should make these levels 1st person and 3rd person.

If they do that, everyone will be satisfied. And adds a bit more variety to these levels. For example: If you get tired from 3rd person you can switch to 1st person.