PDA

View Full Version : [POLL]How important is Desmond's story to you in Assassins Creed on a scale of 1-10?

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Thought I would ask this question to clear up any conceptions that people might not care about Desmond's story or that there are more people that actually do! LET US DECIDE NOW!

MetalCreed
06-09-2012, 08:06 AM
9/10
I cared less in the previous titles.

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 08:09 AM
9/10
I cared less in the previous titles.
Updated. =) Now got a poll going.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
06-09-2012, 08:10 AM
10 !!! ,, I'm really interested in Desmond's story,,, I really can't wait to see what will happen with Desmond, William,,,Vidic,, Daniel Everything is just exciting and also can't wait to know the ending ,,,though I don' want Ac to End :D

Moultonborough
06-09-2012, 08:12 AM
8. I love knowing about Desmond he is the main character of the story. It's unfortunate Ubisoft did not make a little more focus on his part. But ultimately it is all Desmond's story not the ancestor's.

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 08:14 AM
10 !!! ,, I'm really interested in Desmond's story,,, I really can't wait to see what will happen with Desmond, William,,,Vidic,, Daniel Everything is just exciting and also can't wait to know the ending ,,,though I don' want Ac to End :D
I think it is going to be an ending to remember. =)

OriginalMiles
06-09-2012, 08:15 AM
8 - I like Desmond's story, his story is underrated, it's better than people say it is!

DoNNiEDaRkO50
06-09-2012, 08:16 AM
I think it is going to be an ending to remember. =)

I'm sute It will be ,, It has to be :D

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 08:17 AM
8 - I like Desmond's story, his story is underrated, it's better than people say it is!
I have found that the people who say they hate Desmond or his story, just don't understand his part of the story at all.

Sukramo
06-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Desmond is the most important character in the series by far.

ElTORO713
06-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Desmond kind of gives it purpose because in the end of each game if it wasnt for desmond we would be left with some cliff hanger never really knowing what happend

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Desmond kind of gives it purpose because in the end of each game if it wasnt for desmond we would be left with some cliff hanger never really knowing what happend
I agree. There wouldn't be those cliffhangers that we all love without Desmond.

BATISTABUS
06-09-2012, 09:16 AM
This poll is a little confusing. It's titled "How Important is Desmond's Story to You?", but some of the questions seem more like "How Much Have You Enjoyed Desmond's Story?" or "How Much Does Desmond's Story Need To Be Improved/Emphasized In ACIII?". These are all valid questions, but I think you'd get better results by sticking to one of these topics.

Based on your descriptions I voted 7.

I really do care about Desmond's story. I want legitimate gameplay in present times. It's clear that Desmond has received the short end of the stick in every single installment so far. I'm not saying he should get his own game, but I would like to play as him on stealth missions (co-op would be nice). The content we've received so far has been interesting, but very shallow. Almost everything we've "done" could've been just as effectively accomplished with a cut-scene. I did like the "block" sequences in Revelations, but I don't want anymore of that.

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 09:19 AM
This poll is a little confusing. It's titled "How Important is Desmond's Story to You?", but some of the questions seem more like "How Much Have You Enjoyed Desmond's Story?" or "How Much Does Desmond's Story Need To Be Improved/Emphasized In ACIII?". These are all valid questions, but I think you'd get better results by sticking to one of these topics.
I stuck to the topic. On a scale of 1-10, how important is Desmond's story? I have stuck to that. Its all in the same category as how much people like him.

infamous_ezio
06-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Desmond's part is the best, it's so cool and mysterious, especially everything to do with Subject 16, I'm kind of disappointed in 16's part in revelations but ohwell, i feel like the dev's care more about the historic side which makes sense, but seeing as it's essentially about desmond, they should focus on him a bit more.

lostboy233
06-09-2012, 09:50 AM
I voted a 6. For me Desmond's story IS interesting and is the thread that holds it all together, so its important. But have to be honest I play AC to get immersed in the historical settings, otherwise I could pick any number of modern day/sci-fi games to play. Its definitely the historical aspect which pretty much no-one else delivers, and the stories therein that work for me, I'm far more interested in the stories of Altair, Ezio and Connor than I am in Desmond.

Having said that, doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to see how it pans out!

Tijder
06-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I love the end of the las assassin creed game!
8-Its great! I love that part of the story =)

Helforsite
06-09-2012, 12:21 PM
The over 9000 option is missing in your poll so i can not vote.

blazefp
06-09-2012, 01:26 PM
I put 7 because of the description but in a scale of being necessary to the game it's definitely a 10

AnthonyA85
06-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I put a 7, it's pretty cool, but it could be better (IE, NO FPS or platforming for Desmond, and MORE targets for him to KILL!)

longliveezio
06-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Desmond is an AWESOME character. But I too have grown tired of Ubisoft "teasing us" with his actual gameplay. My hopes for Desmond are not as high as they were in the past. I even guessed the ending of Desmond's story in ACR MONTHS before the actual release and when I got to the end, I just sort of laughed.

Being that the animus put Desmond in this coma state...I cannot for the life of me understand why he needs to go back in one more time and live the life of his ancestor Connor. Sure he is a WONDERFUL assassin with an arsenal that would make a man cry but...

Well, to me, I play AC for Desmond. And to me it's a fact that Desmond had MUCH more Gameplay time in AC1 than ANY OTHER TITLE.

His role in the game is unique and is limited by how Ubisoft is keeping his actual gameplay features so...linear (point A to B) instead of his ancestors.

My only hope for AC3 is that Desmond will get some justice and not be some animus ***** this time around. But I have a feeling he won't and that his gameplay will again be linear and mainly stuck in the animus which inhibts the abilitiy to free roam.

If Ubisoft doesn't nail my modern day greed in THIS game, they WILL in Watch Dogs as playing as a vigilante so it all works out.

I also would like to close on the note that the ANCESTORS sell the game and not the modern day counterparts...which is ultimately the sad truth. I just wish in ONE Assassin's Creed game, the animus would be left OUT of it.

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 02:39 PM
OP, you did NOT just ask that question..
tell me..... you did not ask that Question.

LSFC1914
06-09-2012, 03:04 PM
No doubt Desmond's story(and the whole modern day scenario actually) is necessary to explain the "back in time" thing.The Animus lets you explore different ancestors and time periods.It's the developers' unique way of presenting the game and it gives countless possibilities for games set in different times,places and featuring different main characters while at the same time being part of the same franchise.It also adds depth to the story.BUT it's no secret that AC is successful because of the stunning historical settings and the free running.I've always thought of the modern day thing as just something I do between my times in the Animus.I didn't care for Desmond at the beginning,sure i followed the story but it was just something small and annoying to me.As time passed I've grown to hate Desmond,he is one of the dumbest main characters in a game I've played.Many will disagree with me but I wish he gets as little playtime as possible in AC III and I hope he dies,I'm just sick of him.I also think Ubi should never make fully or even half modern day AC game.I can't wait for AC III and the conclusion of Desmond's story,don't care how it will end,I just don't want to see him anymore.I voted 2 in the Poll but I should have gone with 1.

ProdiGurl
06-09-2012, 03:48 PM
For me, the only reason he matters is becuz he's the vehicle I have to use to play the Assassin
who I consider the main character & storyline.
Maybe if Desmond's story had more action and danger going on, I might feel differently. I just never cared
for how nerdy he was & during his sequences, I was hoping it wouldn't be long so I could get
back to Ezio's story.

dxsxhxcx
06-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I gave it an 8.. but I believe there's a lot of room for improvement that could make it even better (gameplay and story wise)... can't wait to see an (small, without many or any spoiler if possible) AC3 trailer about Desmond...

lukaszep
06-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Desmond's story for me, gives more meaning and depth to the historical parts. I like that the history is put in context and is there for a specific and important reason. The series would not be as good without Desmond's story in my opinion.

rileypoole1234
06-09-2012, 03:53 PM
8/10. It's not the only reason I play AC, but I absolutely love the story and characters in the present. Desmond is really the main character after all.

dxsxhxcx
06-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Desmond's story for me, gives more meaning and depth to the historical parts. I like that the history is put in context and is there for a specific and important reason. The series would not be as good without Desmond's story in my opinion.

this is certainly one of the (if not the main) reasons why I enjoy his story... :)

Josegtx13
06-09-2012, 04:24 PM
From the past games, I'll have to go with a 7/10

I hope Desmonds side of the story gets improved.

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I voted a 6. For me Desmond's story IS interesting and is the thread that holds it all together, so its important. But have to be honest I play AC to get immersed in the historical settings, otherwise I could pick any number of modern day/sci-fi games to play. Its definitely the historical aspect which pretty much no-one else delivers, and the stories therein that work for me, I'm far more interested in the stories of Altair, Ezio and Connor than I am in Desmond.

Having said that, doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to see how it pans out!
What other game says that we were created by an ancient race who tried to enslave us all?

For me, the only reason he matters is becuz he's the vehicle I have to use to play the Assassin
who I consider the main character & storyline.
Maybe if Desmond's story had more action and danger going on, I might feel differently. I just never cared
for how nerdy he was & during his sequences, I was hoping it wouldn't be long so I could get
back to Ezio's story.

And that is why they need to raise the bar. I think they should work on improving the action on his part.

notafanboy
06-09-2012, 05:34 PM
its alright, i like it sometimes, 6/10.

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 05:35 PM
No doubt Desmond's story(and the whole modern day scenario actually) is necessary to explain the "back in time" thing.The Animus lets you explore different ancestors and time periods.It's the developers' unique way of presenting the game and it gives countless possibilities for games set in different times,places and featuring different main characters while at the same time being part of the same franchise.It also adds depth to the story.BUT it's no secret that AC is successful because of the stunning historical settings and the free running.I've always thought of the modern day thing as just something I do between my times in the Animus.I didn't care for Desmond at the beginning,sure i followed the story but it was just something small and annoying to me.As time passed I've grown to hate Desmond,he is one of the dumbest main characters in a game I've played.Many will disagree with me but I wish he gets as little playtime as possible in AC III and I hope he dies,I'm just sick of him.I also think Ubi should never make fully or even half modern day AC game.I can't wait for AC III and the conclusion of Desmond's story,don't care how it will end,I just don't want to see him anymore.I voted 2 in the Poll but I should have gone with 1.
Your hate sickens me...

its alright, i like it sometimes, 6/10.
Thank you for being a bit more rational than usual.

freddie_1897
06-09-2012, 05:35 PM
7, i like it, i think desmond himself could be better, and while i do believe that the main part of AC is the going back in time (not the main bit from a storyline point of view, but from a gameplay point of view) i think that Ubisoft should definitely keep it, it's original and cool, but like i've said, i believe that it is the ancestor part that has made the game so popular

GeneralTrumbo
06-09-2012, 05:42 PM
7, i like it, i think desmond himself could be better, and while i do believe that the main part of AC is the going back in time (not the main bit from a storyline point of view, but from a gameplay point of view) i think that Ubisoft should definitely keep it, it's original and cool, but like i've said, i believe that it is the ancestor part that has made the game so popular
I think they could do a lot of improving on the modern-day.

beatledude210
06-09-2012, 05:46 PM
8. I love the ancestor part, but I love the Desmond part equally and how they mesh together.

Steww-
06-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Taking Desmond's story as all the... I'm not really sure how to word this... 'non-ancestor' elements (so TWCB, Templars, etc...), it's my favourite part of the game.

I love AC, but the previous games have had quite a few flaws, and the overall story of the franchise is what made me play them without feeling any disappointment about the money I spent.

LSFC1914
06-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Your hate sickens me...Don't ask if you don't want to hear an opinion different than yours.I think Desmond is ridiculously stupid but even if he was a likeable character for me,I still wouldn't want to play as him.Modern day AC gameplay is just dull to me.I'm surprised so many people like playing as Desmond and want more of it.It's stupid especially compared to the gameplay with Altair/Ezio.The whole idea of free running and close combat(the core elements of AC) just don't fit it the futuristic modern day world in AC.The beautiful sights from historical periods are a big plus too.In modern day we have grey walls,buildings etc.There are more than enough stupid games like that.And remember when Desmond escaped Abstergo and the guards tried to stop him in a fist fight.A fist fight:D Seriously?Amazing.The modern day story is just a dumb but necessary filling in the story and Ubi better keep it that way in future games(after AC III) cause otherwise the games would suck big time.

lukaszep
06-09-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't understand why people call Desmond "dumb". In total we've probably had about 1 hours playtime with him at the most, how can you tell?
I can understand people might not like it because it was incredibly slow and painful in AC1, when you had to walk at turtle speed around Abstergo when all you wanted to do was go back to the animus, but the modern day has improved with each game (No one can complain about AC:R because the memory platforming levels were optional).

freddie_1897
06-09-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't understand why people call Desmond "dumb". In total we've probably had about 1 hours playtime with him at the most, how can you tell?
I can understand people might not like it because it was incredibly slow and painful in AC1, when you had to walk at turtle speed around Abstergo when all you wanted to do was go back to the animus, but the modern day has improved with each game (No one can complain about AC:R because the memory platforming levels were optional).
i don't think he's dumb, but he has like no character at all, look at clay and rebecca and shaun, desmond is just sort of boring

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Don't ask if you don't want to hear an opinion different than yours.I think Desmond is ridiculously stupid but even if he was a likeable character for me,I still wouldn't want to play as him.Modern day AC gameplay is just dull to me.I'm surprised so many people like playing as Desmond and want more of it.It's stupid especially compared to the gameplay with Altair/Ezio.The whole idea of free running and close combat(the core elements of AC) just don't fit it the futuristic modern day world in AC.The beautiful sights from historical periods are a big plus too.In modern day we have grey walls,buildings etc.There are more than enough stupid games like that.And remember when Desmond escaped Abstergo and the guards tried to stop him in a fist fight.A fist fight:D Seriously?Amazing.The modern day story is just a dumb but necessary filling in the story and Ubi better keep it that way in future games(after AC III) cause otherwise the games would suck big time.
OH The IRONYYYY !!

notafanboy
06-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Thank you for being a bit more rational than usual.

i donīt hate the modern day stuff. I hate Desmond, and the ideá of him faffing about in a modern day setting, that people want to remove one of the things that makes AC unique.

freddie_1897
06-09-2012, 06:35 PM
OH The IRONYYYY !!
http://forums.ubi.com/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBhQSEBUSExQWFRUVGBQYFxQWGBUUFxYYFRUWFBQVFR gYHCYeFxojHBQUHy8gIycpLCwsFR4xNTAqNSYrLCkBCQoKDgwO Gg8PGiklHyQpKSwuLSwpKSwpKSwvLCwpKSkpKSwpKSwpLCkpLC kpKSksKSksKSwsLCwsLCwsKSksKf/AABEIAMIBAwMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAcAAEAAgMBAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAABQYBAwQCBwj/xABLEAABAwIDBAQJCgQDBgcAAAABAAIDBBESITEFBkFREyJhkQ cyUnFzgZOh0hQWMzRCVLGztPAVI8HhYnLRJENEY4KSNTZToqSy 8f/EABoBAQADAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAwQBBQb/xAAmEQADAAIDAAIBBAMBAAAAAAAAAQIDERIhMQRBMhNRcZEUYY Ei/9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwD4aiIgCIiAIs2SyAwizZLIDCLNksgMIs2 SyAwizZLIDCLNksgMIs2SyAwizZLIDCLNksgMIs2SyAwizZLID CLNksgMIiIAiIgCIiAIiIAshYWQgPsktFUOe92OYR45cOGSUaS PaAAHgAZW7AFxuE1g1k0z39a9ppyQG56YraXV+o6J8tI0NNuvM 3IZ2+US3N+CgKndY9MI4M3G+I53DSbEnh5ua83/ACHzab+z1MeOHKeishk923qJgXEAN6ebjpfr5Lmkq5hiaZ5g5t/9/MLEc+tqrhtPYMFG1rpZOvfqgG/rcRobaAKk7Wq4yA5jsTpATJyDsRthyFsrc1ox3VFWb9NdScLts 1A/4if283xrB2zUfeJ/bzfGuKXVeVqPPZ2fxuo+8T+2m+NY/jlR94qPbzfGuHEvJcunCS/jdR94n9vN8Sfxuo+8T+2m+NR116ugJA7bqPvE/tpvjQbaqPvE/tpvjUeSs4kB3HbdR94n9tN8SDbdR94n9vN8a4MS9BAd/wDGqj7xP7ab40G2aj7xP7ab41wFyNcjOpneds1H3if203xrLNu T8Z5/bTfGuAuyRpUCctE/DtObDiM01vTTcdPtrbHtST/1psv+dN8agRKcJF/2Fuidko0v2NUZF9pf0WDY9VLLLYyzWH/Om+NWsQDnJ7Wb41B7sUJY3GdSrFG2/mWbLTXh6mDHDndJf0aXUw8qT2s3xrayh44pLelm+NdcVOBm71J LLwHeqU6/dkrmPqV/R8f8JP1ptyTZjxckuNm1NQALuJJsAB6lUlbPCR9ab/lk/VVKqa9JeHz9/kwiIukQiIgCIiALIWFkID9I7P3iEVMMLS4xvqMdreKJ5dc7kdY aKvbS32aC/omObi1LnWc48Mm2s0cgVzRbT6QS02Fgc2SpMcmji4yv6jicrHP 3LRS7DvCHSxuZLK4Nic7qttexJvy1WF4oVNtGuarSUnHtyznDp HskIY12NrnZXabRgZA2Op7bXVYa0XVl2lBgdKwYZCL4n5FrcRs XNH2j5tFXZm4cv36+SvxtNdEMk6fZyyjNYDFlwXoDJW7KGjQ5l jZZZTlxAaCSdALknzAK1bpbgTVzsQ/lw8ZSLjLg0faK+w7C3SpaCO7GjFqZngYybZ2J8UdgVd5lBKcbp nyTY/gnrJhicGwtNrdIbE/9Lbkeuyh591Z2yOjwjqEtJuAMsuOa+8u3ngJwh/Z51Vt8aBuNtTHYtfZryNL8Hf09QWb/ACK+j0cHwpdJZNrZWNy9zKeR+CpBeSDhDXFoFjzGquMvgroDox 7e0SH+t1Wo5jG5ko1xC4HjXH+o/FS2/W25G9CYnENkaTcKr9W2/TVn+DE2lK6NNZ4GKd30c8jf8wa8fgCoGv8AA7Us+ikjkA53YT3 5e9eot7auFw/mFw5OzVi2V4R8VhKwDtBU1lyT6Zq+Ct9HzjaW5tXALyQuAH2hZ 7e9t1CBq/StBVNlYHt0dzVH3q8FjZpTLTvbFiIxRlvVB4lpGl+VlfGfl+Ri yYHL0j5GB2XC7CGFvVYQeJJv3Wsp/bvg9qqa7g3po/LjF7f5m6hV0SkZWstaqWjO5aNVl27NhxPaO1cuG9ypXYIAkz5K q+kXYu6SL3RxAADhopNsjQPN/RQtNWW7TzXmTaHAH98ljbWj3Ilvwk5Ki51XNLVaqMkrrrnmqiV Av4JFG8ITr1DDzZJ+qqFVlZd+TeWL0b/1VQq0vSnxHzOT83/LCIi6QCIiAIiIAshYWQgPoW0vp5fSy/mvXfAw2EtRJdgAOESN6RwvYBoJy0UTtX6xN6WX816kN392jU4y XBrWC7nH7Izs7tF8vWqciWi+Kf0aK7ajHy/y2FkZyw3xEjj1nXzPNRMjMzbQevLzr0LA8COIQtyNshr++aJJL o5TdemlWzcDcw1suJ+UDLYj5Z8hp5qtUNC6WRsbBdzyGgDmTYL 7zs7YraOibGHWLGm5zzcc3adpVebJxXR2ITfZLTzR00PVaGtaL BoyA5AL5XvNvfJO/CHHDe1gpPaDp30cj5JARiIAFzYecqr7NoMRx2vhOg17cuOqwcu XbPc+JgSW16eRFI4XFwRqMxdWLd7ajpGvpJcw9pwE8+HvXPUbU bEWgtvjGVgMrHLF+C45KghwfoYyXACxscWYPP8A/U7NtqXtfaDWOcC0+M0kEdoXZJUCekDSRiiJIvrhcLEeo+5ROzq p8jny28ZxvfIdtluko3tfjjcAOV88xn50fT0WfnKZwbUoXscC3 C5rreMQ2xtmRpb3qOgLhfXEy2Ics7Bdm80r34bdZjBmBe4JOYJ 5Lk2E1z5ABr9kaZ52DrcNfXZaoW47PFz24zPWy87s79tigDHtN 23twGpP9V2bN37cXnpBcHlw8yqkGyy/xgARfP15eden0pBGE5jiNPMVDjOzRCVLbXp9ZpKxsjQ5puP3kq 7vR4P4aoF0YbFNweMmuP8AjA/EKD3e2u+EhruenA5aq901a17QQdeHHuXe4fRizYUfBtq7Lkp5H Qytwuac+3zHiFyQSlpBac1913t2LT1UQZMbPZ4j22u3mDfUdiq TKGmpCBCzE4/ad1nd+g9S0XmWvDHGF8vdEbsnZ00rMRb0Y5vy9YbqV3Vuxmsi6 Rr8WG2MEDibXFuCiNrb2jMYi48maDzu/wBFqpdpl7Ltya7Ua5i2Rv6isbVvtro9jDlltSn2e3LwSshywXK SNdFM34+li9G/9VUKtqyb7/Sxejf+qqFW16U+I+Wyfm/5YREXSAREQBERAFkLCyEBedr/AFib0s35r152e5mO0jnNYQblvA/ZuOIvqve1/rE3pZvzXrk6M62yFlBrfRNHupc0vOAENvlfksRx4jbIZHXLQXX i2d/7LYwLnnRL1n0HwP7FDpZKhwyjAaz/ADOvc+oD3r6pVS4WOPIH8FXvB5s7otnxc5AZD/1eL7gFK7bkwwPPYvPy1ts1Yp20j5bt/aEjiRiOE8L5X5rML+iY2+VgdCASDnz960ysD5msIGo9fmXXvDT fyXBvLMADMaG+WYVC+kfR1rGm0Vvae0hLJcAkA2zF7DIkmy3Rb SBc8BoLXe7kt9DRFsbpGs6lgS77RIyNmnIdhPJZoLSDKMN61i4 AWcdOAyt61ppJLw8z49VeTbfbLHuPFHI6xaDhBIadMleZaNjm4 S0W5WC+c7tyiGrA08YEZ8/9F9LCoJ/KdKkz51trYTqeY4D1TmL8BxHqXLJSlvXsGuabhwthN8rmw82q+ gbZ2f0sZH2hmP6jzKomO3VI1uAD72u/eahty+jTjc5sen6Qs1Q95+kGHIvOZNgcx3mykZ5wCGtaxrnAnW 7uTQQDYHPiFD0j2smPSG1jbC4Wbe98+NrALRUVL5JnSR3Ibq8+ VyW9TtbPJ5XL19llmibEGvmaC2/WYHZgHLFca9oXTUb0RtsyJoAOQa0a8u0lVHaVZ0bOucd+F8jzG WllxbCjL5DJpbTja/AclGlpciaTyUpPpNNsmSUB0j8II0GZ9+S5N4txWTRYYriUeKS4 nH/hdfJS+wZrxDP96/1Ui12d1nm3tMjlxqW5PzxLCWkgi1jYjlbVdmyq4RvGK+A2DgOH Jw7Rr7lYvChsgQ1ziwWbK1soAytjviH/AHAqnAL1dJo8xU4raLjJkciCMiCNCDmCOwrzdRGya37DibfZ0s CdR++PnUmsdxxZ72HP+pOypb7fSRejf+qqFXFY99fpIfRv/VVCri2rxHg5Pzf8sIiLpAIiIAiIgCyFhZCAve1/rE3pZvzXrljNv7hdO1/rE3pZvzXLiJUWTT0dzXRYHXDw+ww2th1zL756cloY27reZeIag g94zAOosdV2bKYDPGDoXs/+wVWtFm0z73s1/Rwxxhp6rGN7mgLxtXFJG5mG1xqpRpFtFoq5cLSQL2BNl5tL/ZsxvTWkfLaaktPZ2rQdeGS6p5bkgXJAIzsQL8CcrLM8hkme4dU kcOHaq9vM2RjQIsWE6kXyPEk349qhE8q1s+gy1xjk0clbsqcNe 7E1rTfE3Hk7PW3csbDrWtY1pcfGsMrWc4C5J5XsFFR1Eh6hcS0 jCcybX171I7G2QbtfwBsbnK9wcVuIyW6klOqZ4+Jv9RVjT/6WCd3Wa4W1FxxDhx9a+k0UmKNp5gfgvnVXTm+Lmf6cOSv2ynfy WeZYUzf82f8AymdpCrG8Ozy13SNFwfGHI+UrIStckYcCCLg6o+ zBiyfp1soVfTskjOOzmgXzyIOmTua5I4msgwQ2DreK6x53Lgfx Vlrd3yDdlnN8k96izs14cbxm2fA3z19S7NufT0+OPL2mVCk3ae 92OYkC/i6nsvyGis0NE1jMLWtA4WHFd0ezZHC2E91u9SVHsOxBfa3IJeW r6IxGL463vbOnYkGGIX4/gu7GlrAWyUZtbazIG4na8G8SV2UeVlrlTZVvCzYvpzx6JwPmDz b8V82OqtO+dY+QwPec3RE25AyPt+CrEgvmvVh9Hm5EeoTmp2iq bixNyPf2qAjHFdscpaQRw/DiF252iz4+RwyO31+kh9G/9VUKuKw74vu+E84nH/5NQq8prwovun/IREXSIREQBERAFkLCyEBe9qt/2ib0s35rlzTMwro2t9Ym9LN+a5crjdQfpJeGoaqSoZj0rHHym6 ADQrhDFvp3dcecKuvGWSfoalq8TGuHFoPeF6kkJFlDbq1nSUkR 4huE+duSlivMfpuS0U3a1AYpL8DoVGyObmXXNxyxdvqV8qqYPb hcLgqBq91rghpuDw0VLWn0exg+VLnVlWNM2QgNbhAsbnK9xkQ3 iFvfB/LDcIF9bdh1Cl3buyAWA0Fgbhe2bBkOR95XXTNKyYl3tEY2O4tr fS+tv6q708WFjW8gB3BR+z9iBhxE3PDkFKWUpWjzvl5lkaUmHF eV6ctd+CkYQQsWWCVrmqWsF3EBdAcF4c+wv71E1m8TR4nWPcFA V+1Xv8Z2XK9gFNS2QdExtLeMNuGdY558B5uape0qpzyS43JXua rLvFsdM+wki47lxbQnDWkk/vgrpjRW6OHeSqxdAOLYWj/3vKjoDwPFcslQXOJP75BZDls46RmVJs2HIrbHItDua9MKn9EV1 Wjk3r1p/RO/VVCgVO70/wDD+hd+pqFBKRB+hERDgREQBERAFkLCyEBe9rfWJvSzfmPWgNy XRtX6xN6Wb81y0NChTLI7Ziy9DIrFyvbWdqpbL+Jddyd5RC7o3 +I+2d/FPPzL6XFMHAFpBB4g3C+D0T+sFctlbSkYBgeQOXD3rJUdl8s+k ELy8W1VWg3olAtcH1epdB3lkIscPco8ES5MnQsEqvu20/s7l4dteQ8fcuODvIsYeF5fJ2quHaDz9srnfOTq73lFJHkWOauY NXDvuuGbbjRoCfcoCatYNXDzXzztb8R3rl/ijXBxbc4Rfz5XAHFTUEeXZMVG2nnTqhRVXV3ze7vK4ZZpHmzLA W8bTM6EYtQLWWptATnI7EdchyNxY8tMlNQl6R5P6MT1+RLBisQ NPwXMaZ7icZsDwNjbzHgtlVXxQjMgHyRme5QFdvK92TBgHPU/2Vsy34QqkvSVrqyOFtuQyaNf7BVaurjIbnTgOAWmWQk3Jvfitb ir4x67ZmvJy8MNC9heA5LqxlaOlpWMSw1yxiXNkn6c282lP6F3 6moUGpzebSn9C79TUKDUjgREQBERAEREAWQsLIQF+2p9Ym9LN+ a9acJXVtL6eX0s35r1qsqbL4RqDVtEa9MYuyKBUVRpSOWGK2an 9nzLhbTX4LfFEW5hUuiWiaY5dDHKLhrDxb3Lp/iAHA9y4qOaNTpSKkMvkQXjLkfK146Lc8z43AeLlhJwjK7bjmcs SwdqN1se7TzLW/bbR9lyly/Y5xMCnqD40gOlrEt8rWw7W9y9O2e4uJdJcHDdo06mG1u53euWX eDkzvK4p95JeAaPUT+K7yZziiaGzYxwPO18h4vwt15LDzHEL3a zuH91Vana0r9XnzDL8FHTHj/ddXZx9FmrN6Ym+KHPPcO8qv128cr8gcI5N/11XBK5aXFXzKRTVsPPFaiclkuU4dwq8ENNK+5JAF2XcQS04et1 rYTmL2GehBVyKKIErFlPHcetsT8mfZvjZs6nVa84+t1Oq9rs7Z G600+6VVJBFNHEXsmcWNwkFwdjLAHNyLbkGx0y1CmQIVegVNP3 IrAMXyd9sTWAgsddzyxrMOFxxAmWOzhdvXbnmvTNx6y4BgILnO a274hctZ0jrdfMBvWvpYjPMLjR0iAEspSg3cqJmh0cZcC4sBu0 XcG4nABxBIDTcnQDMkLsbuLXWJ+TPsLjWPhe9hiuRkbEZHK17i 7RLeir7zaU/oXfqahQanN5zlT+hd+pqFBrpwIiIAiIgCIiAIiICXdvXUE3LmE nUmKEkniSSy5PaU+dM/OP2MHwKIRAS/zpqPKZ7GD4E+dVR5TPYwfAohEBL/Oqo8pnsYPgT511HlM9jB8CiEQEv866jymexg+BWTwfVrq2vipZ 3ENlLhijZTMc2zHPv1oXA+KOSoiufge/8bo/87/yZEBL7oytrNrihdjbE90rWuApMbejbI+7iaazr4ANAt+7UbNpS T09O6SCojY+SLpW0k8cnRkAsdhpoywm4zzGvLPg8Fv/AJlh9LVflTrv2HUNfs+sOzY2wVzMfygAukklpCesadzySzCbYg MzYG98IQEBukauvqOibJFGxrHSSyuhgLYomC73kBmeoAHEkaaj Yze6mMuAslEV7dNalMgGnSGL5PgI44L34Y+KkPBDIHM2nSj6ao ophEOLi1rrsbzJxA2/wnkvnVkB9Aro5aLaLaSrPSRvMeCSBlNGXxymzJWY4XA8eqeIIv xWfCDs6o2fODHIyWllxGGboac3wmzo3kR2xtNweethmB3eEqcC u2XTnOWnpqKObm19w7Ae0Cx/61o2TvPEais2ZXm9HPUTFsh1pZukdhmYTo2/jDTO+mIECL2pttscNJI1rrzMdJICKW3Vnlhwx2purfor3N9dMs 5TfVjYaWlrKIufBUAhz5WUjjHK2+KBzWQNwuFtbm+E2yFzD+EX d+Sh+SUsti6OGXrNzDmurKlzHjsLSD61K+CSqEwqtnztEtNJC+ cxkkYZIMLmuYRm0kCxtwA5ICP2jtdsNHCXB3yuYF+HDS9GyI5R Pcz5Piu+ziG4vFDXXs4KC+d1T5bPZQfAuDae0XzzPmkN3PNzbI Dk1o+y0CwAGQAA4LlQEz87anPrsz1/lQZ8M+osfOyo8pnsoPgUOiAmBvZUeUz2MHwdg7lgb11HlMy0/kwZebqKIRAS/wA66jymexg5W8jks/Oyo8pnsYPgUOiA6q/aUkzg6Q3LRhFg1oAuTYBoAGbnHTiVyoiAIiIAiIgCIiAIiIAiI gCIiAIiIApTd3eKSimE8IZ0rb4XPbjw3BaSAcr2J1Ci0QE9szf GanqzWRMibMS4h2C4aXhweWtJwgkOI081lvhraqlkh2lEWRPe9 5b0YIAuXA4mnqhr7SAC9rNdkMlWl2zbYmezo3PJZZgwHxR0bcL MI+yQCRca3N73KAsG1qGrZVmaMRsljcTjpcMY6Rr3tcY2gjEQW PvgFrNOWq3/AMQqxVXFJTirt0nTCNl73t0oGP5OHYhbEG5O/wASrsm8M7nYjIb3eb2aDd5eXEWGVzI/v8yx84JulMuIYy3CepHhLb3sWYcJzz01zQEjRUFYKpsxj6SZzi 9vTFri97Xi5Ie4Y3B5DSDfrXBFwQvO0NkVVQ/pzE0GZzXdQxtBdK5hBwYurczxcAB0rNLhctPvVUsILZLYfF6rD brNkyBbl12Nd2m51Jvik3lnjc04rhpacJDbHAYSActP9mh/7O03Akdo7NraiOHGOk6CMxMsWlwjbaVgxXs8ETdTCSSBYZBce7 e9c1C9z4BHjc1zC57BJ1HWxNAdlY25LT85aixHSdU/ZwswjqtYLNw2bYMaBbTha5Ua99zc29QAHcMkB6mkxOJsG34NvY ea5K1oiAIiIAiIgCIiAIiIAiIgCIiAIiIAiIgCIiAIiIAiIgCI iAIiIAiIgCIiAIiIAiIgCIiAIttKxpeA82aTYu5Xyv5hr6lIfI 6cOjvM5zXOZjLW2LG/72wN7kXbY8esgIpFOS0NFa7aiQ5CwMZBvhF78Nb5X9fE4/htJb6069zpE+1hjtrzszzYjfs7o5shEU9LRUIFhPIXW8bo+rez fs2DtS7joO/ydm0f3pw0uTC43zOnIWw+9NDZBopaGgprAuqSDlcCJ7uJuBe2l h3qPrI2NeRG7G3g4jCTlxHDl6lw6aUREAREQBERAEREAREQBER AEREAREQBERAEREAREQBERAEREAREQBERAEREAREQBERAf//Z

LSFC1914
06-09-2012, 06:40 PM
OH The IRONYYYY !!Except I didn't make a question thread and than said someone's opinion sickens me.By the way I'm surprised it took you so long to interfere with your nonsense.

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Except I didn't make a question thread and than said someone's opinion sickens me.By the way I'm surprised it took you so long to interfere with your nonsense.
Im surprised it took you so long to spell out the word "Non-sense"
Do tell me more, though.. about my non-sense..

freddie_1897
06-09-2012, 06:41 PM
except i didn't make a question thread and than said someone's opinion sickens me.by the way i'm surprised it took you so long to interfere with your nonsense.

OH The IRONYYYY !!

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 06:42 PM
oh the ironyyyy !!
Indeed xD Haahaha..
does he do it on purpose ? I wonder..

LightRey
06-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Indeed xD Haahaha..
does he do it on purpose ? I wonder..
One day, I'm going to develop a hallucinogen, call it "Purpose" and laugh as it confuses the world in more ways than one.

lukaszep
06-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Except I didn't make a question thread and than said someone's opinion sickens me.By the way I'm surprised it took you so long to interfere with your nonsense.

But he never stated your opinion was wrong, which is what you have been doing. I think the poll speaks for itself.
The responses in this thread are getting irritating. Why is there personal attacks being made? This can be debated a bit more maturely than criticizing each other.

Chariflame
06-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Literally my favourite part of the series.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the historical gameplay, but I find myself finding as many glyphs/rifts/fragments as possible and playing as many modern segments as I can before I have to continue with the ancestor's story. Desmond, Subject 16, and the rest of the modern crew are by far the most interesting characters to me and I was genuinely dissapointed that ACIII isn't entirely focused on Desmond. He hasn't had his own trailer, CG art, or been featured in any advertisements. :( I know the historical element is the most marketable part of the series but I think a lot of fans could be brought in by the almost cyberpunk beauty of the modern storyline.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Talking about Desmond and stuff, did Ubisoft ever mention if Desmond is going to have his own set of combat animations or are they going to recycle Connors moves and pass it on to Desmond. In reality Connors combat moves (Pistol, rifle, hidden blade, and hand to hand, maybe knife ) will be the only thing Desmond might pick up from the bleeding effect(if he experiences it with Connor, which is most likely the case.) Unless you rather see Desmond fight like Ezio...>_>

DinoSteve1
06-09-2012, 11:41 PM
AC3 should have just been about Desmond.

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Really ?

DinoSteve1
06-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Yes I would love to be an assassin in the modern world using the skills Desmond has learned from remembering Ezio and Altair.

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Yes I would love to be an assassin in the modern world using the skills Desmond has learned from remembering Ezio and Altair.
And miss Hunting, naval battling, Tomahawk slashing, tree running, rope darting, horse riding, bow shooting ?
HELL NO !!!

LSFC1914
06-10-2012, 01:16 AM
It would be amazing.Imagine climbing a traffic light pole and synchronizing!Priceless.

SixKeys
06-10-2012, 01:31 AM
I've always loved the Desmond parts of the story. I hope we'll see lots of him and the other modern assassins in AC3.

GeneralTrumbo
06-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Don't ask if you don't want to hear an opinion different than yours.I think Desmond is ridiculously stupid but even if he was a likeable character for me,I still wouldn't want to play as him.Modern day AC gameplay is just dull to me.I'm surprised so many people like playing as Desmond and want more of it.It's stupid especially compared to the gameplay with Altair/Ezio.The whole idea of free running and close combat(the core elements of AC) just don't fit it the futuristic modern day world in AC.The beautiful sights from historical periods are a big plus too.In modern day we have grey walls,buildings etc.There are more than enough stupid games like that.And remember when Desmond escaped Abstergo and the guards tried to stop him in a fist fight.A fist fight:D Seriously?Amazing.The modern day story is just a dumb but necessary filling in the story and Ubi better keep it that way in future games(after AC III) cause otherwise the games would suck big time.
I feel you are entitled to your own opinion, but you should try to be rational at the same time. I like the Desmond parts because of the fact that it is quite refreshing. I love the sci-fi behind it and all the conspiracies it throws into the mix. AC wouldn't be the AC I love without Desmond and TWCB parts. I love the historical portion as well, don't get me wrong.

i don't think he's dumb, but he has like no character at all, look at clay and rebecca and shaun, desmond is just sort of boring
Seeing more of Desmond means seeing more of Shaun and Rebecca as well. Ubisoft has one game left to make Desmond's character right.

i donīt hate the modern day stuff. I hate Desmond, and the ideá of him faffing about in a modern day setting, that people want to remove one of the things that makes AC unique.
I never said I wanted to remove the historical parts of Assassins Creed. I just wanted to see more focus on modern-day as well.

GeneralTrumbo
06-10-2012, 02:10 AM
It would be amazing.Imagine climbing a traffic light pole and synchronizing!Priceless.
I am hoping that Desmond's stuff will be less linear in AC3.

DinoSteve1
06-10-2012, 02:57 AM

imagine the city scapes at night you could see when synchronizing off the tallest building of that city. Really a traffic light have you no imagination.

GIONAScm2
06-10-2012, 03:44 AM
6-It's alright. I like it sometimes.

And to the OP: You mixed up options 9 and 10. I'm not sure if you just didn't think before you posted them, or if it was accidential. Either way, the order of options 9 and 10 are completely illogical and should be edited immediately to avoid any confusion and innacurate poll results.

LSFC1914
06-10-2012, 11:11 AM
imagine the city scapes at night you could see when synchronizing off the tallest building of that city. Really a traffic light have you no imagination.I'd rather take the elevator than climbing a skyscraper,not to mention it's impossible to do it without special equipment.Don't get me wrong,Ubisoft are great at what they do and I'm sure they can make it work somehow,but it won't be nearly as good as a historical setting.Plus the game would have to change a lot in terms of gameplay to fit the setting and it will probably lose the AC feeling.Also there are similar games like Splinter Cell and as we all know Ubi like to do things that haven't been done with AC.

lostboy233
06-10-2012, 01:12 PM
What other game says that we were created by an ancient race who tried to enslave us all?

You know what? I don't know, but its, forgive me, not exactly an original idea the concept crops up in numerous movies and books (ever read Lovecraft?). Besides its not really the storyline I have an issue with its more the reality of that execution as a game. Even with the best will in the world I don't think i'd hand over cash to play a modern day game of AC. I can play GTA or any other of a hundred modern setting/sci-fi games but I don't simply because they just don't do it for me. The main thing for me is being able to play and explore the worlds, intrigues and history of the Crusades, Renaissance etc. Ubisoft has done a great job I love all the AC games so far but if they did do a 100% or mostly modern one I just don't see the appeal in my personal opinion. YMMV