PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed post-release

Dymez_510
06-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Hey! I recently made a tough decision pre-ordering Assassin's Creed III, at GameStop specificially because I liked their pre-order exclusive bonus weapon (Sawtooth Sword) the most, but slightly (I was torn between them and Amazon). With that said, I'm new to the Assassin's Creed franchise, and AC will be my first game in it. With some of these games that do these "retailer specified pre-order bonuses," they release it later as DLC a couple of months or so down the line in PSN/Xbox Live stores. However, some don't. Basically, my question for you experienced "pre-orderers" here; Is Assassin's Creed one of the franchises that do? It would really help make me not have to mull over my decision for the next 4 months. :D

Vex_Assassin
06-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Yes, they usually release the bonuses as DLC later. The only thing they probably won't release is the PS3 exclusive missions.

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 03:18 AM
Are you going to mull real bad ?

Dymez_510
06-09-2012, 03:55 AM
Yes, they usually release the bonuses as DLC later. The only thing they probably won't release is the PS3 exclusive missions.

Thanks.

Are you going to mull real bad ?

And thank you, too, for this absolutely non-contributing post. :)

Azugo
06-09-2012, 05:49 AM
Assassin's Creed III is your first AC game!? You have to play the prequals! All of them! They will be crucial to the understanding of Desmond's story, and somewhat Connor's.

But anyway, when it comes to pre-ordering AC3 in North America, I have heard that Ubisoft are planning out a super-special edition for you guys, thanks to the game being set in your country. Maybe you'd like to grab that one instead?

Dymez_510
06-09-2012, 06:17 AM
I've thought about it. Amazon has a good special for $65. But then I heard this will be a great one for newcomers to the series, so I decided not to. I'll probably end up getting them all anyway some time over the summer.

And thanks, I'll be on the look out for the Special Edition as well.

infamous_ezio
06-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks.

Yeah they tend to have some extra's released as DLC, if i were you i'd wait for to see what's installed for the special edition for north america,

oh and Assassin_M is a complete tool, he will make it his duty to make sure everyone knows he is a wanna-be mod

itsamea-mario
06-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah they tend to have some extra's released as DLC, if i were you i'd wait for to see what's installed for the special edition for north america,

oh and Assassin_M is a complete tool, he will make it his duty to make sure everyone knows he is a wanna-be mod

Tools are useful, tools are what made humanity great.

Well the physical content from pre ordering is worth it. IMO.

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks.

Forgive me, I was going to answer your question. I just wanted to insert a joke in there..

Aww I thought we were friends ?

infamous_ezio
06-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Forgive me, I was going to answer your question. I just wanted to insert a joke in there..

Aww I thought we were friends ?

Your jokes are terrible.

Yeah..... nah...

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Your jokes are terrible.IN MY OPINION

Yeah..... nah...
There you go..

itsamea-mario
06-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Your jokes are terrible.

Yeah..... nah...

So much negativity man, you need to chill duuuude... here try some of this...

FirestarLuva
06-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Assassin's Creed III is your first AC game!? You have to play the prequals! All of them! They will be crucial to the understanding of Desmond's story, and somewhat Connor's.

But anyway, when it comes to pre-ordering AC3 in North America, I have heard that Ubisoft are planning out a super-special edition for you guys, thanks to the game being set in your country. Maybe you'd like to grab that one instead?

He doesn't have to play all of them. Only AC1 and 2 and Ubisoft said that at the beginning of the game there will be a recap of what happened previously, so he can start it all fresh.

Helforsite
06-09-2012, 02:14 PM
If you give me some of your special "medicine" i aint gonna tell anyone itsamea-mario, okay?

itsamea-mario
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
If you give me some of your special "medicine" i aint gonna tell anyone itsamea-mario, okay?

Give? you mean sell.

Azugo
06-09-2012, 03:54 PM
He doesn't have to play all of them. Only AC1 and 2

I disagree. I think that playing through Brotherhood and Revelations are crucial to the understanding of Desmond's story.

Ubisoft said that at the beginning of the game there will be a recap of what happened previously, so he can start it all fresh.

There was also a recap of what happened at the start of AC2 and Brotherhood (can't remember Revelations?), and while they do explain all the main details, it's still very well worth playing through all the games to understand all of it.