PDA

View Full Version : Very, very sneaky Ubisoft but I was not fooled

Azurefeatherfly
06-08-2012, 09:07 PM
I made a mistake and I turned out to be the idiot and fool. These two pictures that I previously posted have only British troops in them. My sincerest apologies to everyone for jumping the gun. I'll admit it I was incredibly careless and dumb.

OriginalMiles
06-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Your point?

Azurefeatherfly
06-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Your point?

People were constantly complaining about Connor only killing Redcoats, well no more.

Dagio12
06-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Good catch!!

Assassin_M
06-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh no..
That blue coat has some red clothing..

EscoBlades
06-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Maybe people will shut up about it now

Dagio12
06-08-2012, 09:25 PM
doubt it ... unfortunently

Assassin_M
06-08-2012, 09:28 PM
People will not shut up..
That is a British wearing blue coat, what has changed ? Very sneaky, Ubisoft, but you`re not fooling any of the Idiots here. They are onto YOU !!

Azurefeatherfly
06-08-2012, 09:45 PM
At least that is one less thing to hear people complain about among numerous other things.

Sukramo
06-08-2012, 10:00 PM

Ubisoft made a mistake when all lthe early stuff basicaly screamed: "USA, GIVES LIBERTY" and only redcoats being killed. It was so out of character for the series.

Had they shown the message of the new trailer (Connor questioning the patriots and "Let the patriots fight thier own battles") then all of this would have been a non issue.

They made a mistake. Now they have fixed it.

rileypoole1234
06-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Finally an American is being killed.

Nothing against Americans, but this will cause people to finally shut their mouths.

People will not shut up..
That is a British wearing blue coat, what has changed ? Very sneaky, Ubisoft, but you`re not fooling any of the Idiots here. They are onto YOU !!

I can't tell if you're serious. :nonchalance:

Josegtx13
06-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Finally an American is being killed.

Nothing against Americans, but this will cause people to finally shut their mouths.

As an American, I agree.

Also I'll be killing both American and British guards in the game. :cool:

freddie_1897
06-08-2012, 11:39 PM
I will only be killing the British, as well as some Dutch and French, I will not be killing any Americans.

And before you think I'm being an arse, this is because there were no Americans back then, the colonials were British, the redcoats were British, The US is a country that stemmed off of Europe after the revolution, I won't be killing Americans because I quite literally can't.

BBALive
06-08-2012, 11:41 PM
I will only be killing the British, as well as some Dutch and French, I will not be killing any Americans.

And before you think I'm being an arse, this is because there were no Americans back then, the colonials were British, the redcoats were British, The US is a country that stemmed off of Europe after the revolution, I won't be killing Americans because I quite literally can't.

You can once the Declaration of Independence is signed.

JumpInTheFire13
06-08-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm Canadian so I'll be killing our two greatest allies

OriginalMiles
06-08-2012, 11:46 PM
I shall murder Redcoats and Colonials!

Assassin_M
06-08-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm Egyptian so I don't give a darn..

Azula2005
06-08-2012, 11:55 PM

HAHA lol

gamertam
06-09-2012, 01:54 AM

i go an extra step beyond and say i like to head scalping the British. :p

DoNNiEDaRkO50
06-09-2012, 06:15 AM

Same here :D

BATISTABUS
06-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Ubisoft made a mistake when all lthe early stuff basicaly screamed: "USA, GIVES LIBERTY" and only redcoats being killed. It was so out of character for the series.

Had they shown the message of the new trailer (Connor questioning the patriots and "Let the patriots fight thier own battles") then all of this would have been a non issue.

Liberty is one of the main themes of Assassin's Creed.

They showed redcoats being killed to set the time period and location for advertising purposes, similarly to how they had Altair (Arabic) killing Templars (Europeans) in the initial previews of the first Assassin's Creed game.

There's nothing for them to apologize for, and it's pretty clear that they don't feel guilty. They've been saying things like "Connor fights for justice, not America" since the very beginning. You think they'd attempt to atone by slipping in a 2 second clip into a montage?

Jamison_J_B
06-09-2012, 06:37 AM
hey, you got a link to the video or just screenies? I don't mind more vids to check out :)

Evenesque
06-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Hate to break it to you but that's still a British soldier. Watch the Frontier/Fort gameplay demo again and pay attention to the uniform the first man Connor chases is wearing.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
06-09-2012, 08:15 AM
You are right actually ,, Good Eye man :D

Azurefeatherfly
06-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Hate to break it to you but that's still a British soldier. Watch the Frontier/Fort gameplay demo again and pay attention to the uniform the first man Connor chases is wearing.

Thanks, I have admitted my mistake on the opening post. I jumped the gun, my apologies.

Legendz54
06-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Your not an idiot and your not a fool, you made a little mistake and I'm sure the kind people on these forums won't hold it against you.

pacmanate
06-09-2012, 10:41 AM
I swear to God, they day I see Ubisoft a kill a polygon, unreal bluecoat, I am having a bloody party.

Helforsite
06-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I am German so: brace yourselves, revenge is coming^^

Captain Tomatoz
06-10-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm English and I will kill my fellow, computer generated, countrymen :D

SquareToShoot
06-10-2012, 12:15 AM
I made a mistake and I turned out to be the idiot and fool. These two pictures that I previously posted have only British troops in them. My sincerest apologies to everyone for jumping the gun. I'll admit it I was incredibly careless and dumb.

pics please

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:15 AM
pics please
First Page, first post..

SquareToShoot
06-10-2012, 12:17 AM
lol there are no pics in his first post that's why I'm asking.

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:19 AM
lol there are no pics in his first post that's why I'm asking.
Seriously ? Im so sorry I didnt check..
Well... these pics were stills from the seasons trailer shown during the Ubisoft conference right after the frontier gameplay..

DinoSteve1
06-10-2012, 12:19 AM

Which trailer?

SquareToShoot
06-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Seriously ? Im so sorry I didnt check..
Well... these pics were stills from the seasons trailer shown during the Ubisoft conference right after the frontier gameplay..

Ah ok. Unless there are pics and just not showing up for me for some reason?

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Ah ok. Unless there are pics and just not showing up for me for some reason?
No no he did remove them..
Because he thought they were pics of Connor killing Bluecoats, then he finds out that they were actually redcoats..

notafanboy
06-10-2012, 12:29 AM
No no he did remove them..
Because he thought they were pics of Connor killing Bluecoats, then he finds out that they were actually redcoats....
...with a blue coat

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 12:29 AM
...with a blue coat
Hahahahahaha xD
Sure..

rileypoole1234
06-10-2012, 12:30 AM
I thought they were British troops, but the annoyance-averted meter went off in my head and I thought "It must be an American".

Whatever.