PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Gold Edition: Even More DLC inbound?!

who-can-i-be
06-08-2012, 11:56 AM
As a treat for E3 or something, AC3 is available to download for 50 by itself (and A Dangerous Secret), or as a Gold edition, worth 85 (There's also a PS3+Vita bundle for 85). The description for this edition is the promise of discounts on future DLCs. What.

If the DLC is multiplayer based, I'm not going to bother. I'd rather wait for the pre-order bonuses to become available. Hopefully we won't have any more corrupted sequences...:mad:

pacmanate
06-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Can you link? I dont understand what you are saying?

EscoBlades
06-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Standard procedure. Link to what you are talking about.

Mr_Shade
06-08-2012, 01:47 PM
News to me too...

Im checking on this, but link would help..

KrYpToNiC95
06-08-2012, 02:07 PM
News to me too...

Im checking on this, but link would help..

There aren't any links online, however, on the PSN store it comes up as part of the AC3 folder. It is $150 Australian dollars for me. It has:

1. A Season Pass to all DLC for the year
2. Discounts on further releases
3. Exclusive Mission: A Dangerous Secret
4. Flintlock Musket unlockable weapon

It sounds really interesting. Since you might respond I wanted to know if the E3 gameplay will be for download on the PSN store because only the trailers are up now.

playassassins1
06-08-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure about what you're talking about.

But, The gold edition is a digital special editon which you can buy on Psn (not sure about Xbox.)

And the dlc so far announced isn't MP based, But i guess future dlc would be MP dlc.

EscoBlades
06-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I see it now. Thanks Krypto

Mr_Shade
06-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info..

That does kind of make sense now, the op didn't..

I am checking on the ins and outs, and will update you all as soon as I can..

who-can-i-be
06-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Really sorry for forgetting to upload the pic guys, I actually had it on my phone (which has horrible quality).

EscoBlades
06-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Really sorry for forgetting to upload the pic guys, I actually had it on my phone (which has horrible quality).

No probs. Shade is checking up for official comment now. I already grabbed some screens and uploaded them here (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/06/08/assassins-creed-iii-season-pass-and-gold-edition-appear-on-ps-store/).

BBALive
06-08-2012, 05:07 PM
The 'other DLC' will most likely be the missions you get with the Freedom/Join or Die editions, among other things they decide to release.

D.I.D.
06-08-2012, 07:29 PM
As good as this game looks, the DLC flood just makes me even more resolute.

I'll buy the basic edition for the best price I can find. The unquantifiable future of ACIII's DLC -- how much there will be, over what period -- is not a good reason to lay down extra money to (in theory) save money on the price of that DLC.

You don't know if you'll want all the DLC, so the saving may not even be a saving. You do know that bundles only give you some pieces of DLC, and that none of them even give you every extra that will be available on Oct 30th, due to the apportioned box sets.

Before this marketing craze becomes ultimately toxic, games companies need to give us a little respect. All it takes is the announcement of one more edition: an Ultimate edition which gives you the game, all Oct 30th DLC and a ticket to all future DLC -- and gives you a price on that. Until then, buy the standard editions only, unless of course you actually enjoy the disappointment and fleecing of DLC.

[edit] Just realised what I'm saying here might not make perfect sense, so let me point this out:

The Gold Edition (which is priced at 84.99) includes the game, the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass, and the additional single player mission, A Dangerous Secret. This is the same mission that comes as part of The Special Edition, which Ubisoft unveiled for EMEA territories back in March (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/03/26/ubisoft-unveils-assassins-creed-collectors-editions/).
The Season Pass grants players full access to all additional DLC upon release (we assume that means upon DLC release, as opposed to the actual game release).

That's why I'm saying "all Oct 30th DLC" too. There's no reason to point out that it comes with "A Dangerous Secret" if it's actually packaged with all the other 1st-day DLCs from the other boxes, otherwise they'd say "'A Dangerous Secret', 'Ghost of War', and 'Mayan Ruins'"

Jamison_J_B
06-09-2012, 06:25 AM
I'm not seeing it on PSN. I have a NA account. So is this offer for E3 attendees or maybe Europe?

Azizur
06-09-2012, 10:37 PM
The problem is that the product description on PSN isn't very clear ta all. The key phrase is 'full access to all additional DLC upon release.' What does that mean, exactly? That we'll get all the day 1 DLC chucked in for free, or that we'll be allowed to download it at a discount? I emailed PSN CS about this, and am awaiting a reply. In the meantime, does anyone know who we can ask to get a proper clarification on this? Because right now, we don't have one.

Calvarok
06-09-2012, 10:41 PM
The problem is that the product description on PSN isn't very clear ta all. The key phrase is 'full access to all additional DLC upon release.' What does that mean, exactly? That we'll get all the day 1 DLC chucked in for free, or that we'll be allowed to download it at a discount? I emailed PSN CS about this, and am awaiting a reply. In the meantime, does anyone know who we can ask to get a proper clarification on this? Because right now, we don't have one.
It means that you'll get all the DLC for free when it comes out. Nothing on day 1, unless there IS day 1 dlc.

Azizur
06-09-2012, 11:31 PM
It means that you'll get all the DLC for free when it comes out. Nothing on day 1, unless there IS day 1 dlc.

So will this include the 'Ghost Of War' and 'Lost Mayan Ruins' missions? That's what I really want to know.

SquareToShoot
06-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Ugh. Another game going down the season pass route?

D.I.D.
06-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Ugh. Another game going down the season pass route?

And can anyone think of a DLC barrage that included a season pass and didn't leave a bad taste in most customers' mouths?

DinoSteve1
06-09-2012, 11:50 PM
too expensive for whats on offer tbh, especially if you don't play MP, as you will only likely get one SP DLC. Going by the older AC games.