PDA

View Full Version : AC3 : Connor & Aveline?

FirestarLuva
06-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Title says it all. Your thoughts?

Azurefeatherfly
06-07-2012, 10:18 PM
No, absolutely no. Connor's spouse that allows him to pass on his genetic memory is something integral to the plot of AC3, Connor himself and Desmond. Without this female person, Desmond would not exist. I should be able to fully understand this character and her emotional connection with Connor through the story of Assassin's Creed 3. I should not have to play a second game apart from AC3 to understand the character of Connor's spouse.

Also, Aveline is a Vita exclusive character, so then what about all the fans who played on PC, 360 and the Wii U? It would be a complete insult to non-PS3 Gamers to have a portion of such an integral character's story as an exclusive. Therefore absolutely no.

Maria Thorpe in a PSP game was bad enough, I want someone original from the AC3 game to take up the position of Connor's spouse.

OriginalMiles
06-07-2012, 10:28 PM
If you mean sex scene a la Ezio and Caterina that has no story importance?
NO!!!

rileypoole1234
06-07-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't think they're related or will see each other in any way.

dxsxhxcx
06-07-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't think they're related or will see each other in any way.

if I'm not wrong it was said by Ubisoft that they'll meet each other in AC: Liberation

FirestarLuva
06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm fine with any kind of love interest for Connor as long as it's not some damsel in distress 'please save me' or stuff like that.. It would be cool if he found a female assassin in the Order he joins or some other way cause I don't think Connor is the type who would pause his hunt for the templars to see some girl like Ezio did with Christina.

GameFreak65
06-07-2012, 11:16 PM
i think connor will not have any relationships with any women in the game because of his quiet personalty

and of course hes not as good with the women as Ezio:cool:;)

SixKeys
06-07-2012, 11:19 PM
i think connor will not have any relationships with any women in the game because of his quiet personalty

Well, he has to hook up with someone eventually, otherwise Desmond wouldn't exist.

GameFreak65
06-07-2012, 11:23 PM
hahahah yea i totaly forgot that:D

Assassin_M
06-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Connor: make Sex NOW !!
Random Woman: Sure..

*BOOM* Desmond`s next Ancestor..

OR

Connor: Hello
Random Woman: Greetings
Connor: I like your......
Random Woman: what ?
Connor: Do I have sex appeal ?
Random Woman: Oh my..
Connor: You have to complete your sentence..
Random Woman: err
Connor: You want to see me skin an elk ?:nonchalance:
Random Woman: NO !! are you mad ?
Connor: No, Im Connor..
Random Woman: You SAVAGE !!
Connor: Oh ? Thats Radoajdkahdoavh-doooon !! Sexy huh ?
Random Woman: GUARDS !! this man is harassing me
Connor: Why you gotta be a ***** ?
Random Woman: you bastard !!
Connor: You WOMAN !!
Random Woman: How is that an insult ?
Connor: *troll face*

FirestarLuva
06-07-2012, 11:24 PM
On my opinion as to why Connor might hook up with Aveline is because maybe AC3 will follow the same route as AC1. Remember, Altair only met Maria once in the game, and their relationship was revealed in AC2. It might be the same in AC3, but I doubt we'll see them together in Liberation, because the game ends in 1780, while Connor's story lasts a few years more.

dxsxhxcx
06-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Aveline is half french and if marry her means receive a ticket to visit her parents in France during the French Revolution then do it... lol

Medo3G
06-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Remember, Altair only met Maria once in the game, and their relationship was revealed in AC Bloodlines. .
Here, fixed it for you
EDIT: Off Topic a bit: Why did Desmond refer to Maria as the woman from Acre, while Altair met her in Jerusalem in AC1 but later met her in AC Bloodlines in Acre. Did Desmond play bloodlines as the tutorial said welcome S17 ?

GameFreak65
06-08-2012, 12:46 AM
but I doubt we'll see them together in Liberation, because the game ends in 1780, while Connor's story lasts a few years more.

no they will meet in liberations its conformed

Medo3G
06-08-2012, 01:13 AM
but I doubt we'll see them together in Liberation, because the game ends in 1780, while Connor's story lasts a few years more.
They don't have to bang each other for God's sake
Can't they just meet proffesionally

Legendz54
06-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Altair: Chases girls up towers and makes out with them
Ezio: Chats and sneaks into girls rooms and makes out with them
Connor??? I hear he marries the leader tribes daughter or something?

Calvarok
06-08-2012, 01:28 AM
They don't have to bang each other for God's sake
Can't they just meet proffesionally
^^this^^

I have nothing against Connor having a relationship, but it probably won't be a spontaneous one like Ezios, and probably not with someone who lives so far away from where his story takes place. From what we know of him so far, he has a very strong idea of right and wrong, and a one night stand or frivolous relationship doesn't sound like his thing. I hope it's a female assassin just as capable as him, and it develops over many years. If he does have a relationship. Sounds like he has a lot of work to keep him busy.

JumpInTheFire13
06-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Altair: Chases girls up towers and makes out with them
Ezio: Chats and sneaks into girls rooms and makes out with them
Connor??? I hear he marries the leader tribes daughter or something?
They did a bit more than make out

dxsxhxcx
06-08-2012, 01:46 AM
^^this^^

I have nothing against Connor having a relationship, but it probably won't be a spontaneous one like Ezios, and probably not with someone who lives so far away from where his story takes place. From what we know of him so far, he has a very strong idea of right and wrong, and a one night stand or frivolous relationship doesn't sound like his thing. I hope it's a female assassin just as capable as him, and it develops over many years. If he does have a relationship. Sounds like he has a lot of work to keep him busy.

if they are meant to be together, I can see the beginning of their relationship being something similar to what Altair and Maria had during their time... the only difference being that they're at the same side this time, both characters seem to have a strong personality... at first I didn't like the idea of them together (because from what I could see until now in interviews about them, they seem to look a lot like each other) but now I'm starting to like this idea... :p

Calvarok
06-08-2012, 02:32 AM
if they are meant to be together, I can see the beginning of their relationship being something similar to what Altair and Maria had during their time... the only difference being that they're at the same side this time, both characters seem to have a strong personality... at first I didn't like the idea of them together (because from what I could see until now in interviews about them, they seem to look a lot like each other) but now I'm starting to like this idea... :p
It just doesn't make much sense to me. It seems like it would connect the two games a bit too much. They want them to be standalone games. Too much overlap takes away from the specialness of it all. I really think that Connor will have his own characters to interact with.

dxsxhxcx
06-08-2012, 02:41 AM
It just doesn't make much sense to me. It seems like it would connect the two games a bit too much. They want them to be standalone games. Too much overlap takes away from the specialness of it all. I really think that Connor will have his own characters to interact with.

I understand your point, I would also like to see Connor interacting more with the character that is supposed to be his wife (assuming Aveline will take this role of course), but something like this already happened before with Altair and Maria, so IMO it wouldn't be a surprise if it happens again with Connor, the ancestors relationships never were the focus of the franchise...

Lonesoldier2012
06-08-2012, 02:47 AM
If you mean sex scene a la Ezio and Caterina that has no story importance?
NO!!!

This. Assassin's Creed 1 was just fine without sex scenes.

Calvarok
06-08-2012, 02:56 AM
This. Assassin's Creed 1 was just fine without sex scenes.
They establish Ezio's character. He likes to have fun and not take things too seriously. That's why the message about settling down was so important for him in Revelations. I think if Connor has a relationship, they'll have to go far more in-depth into the building of it. A sex scene with Connor would be very different than one with Ezio: it would be the culmination of a more nuanced relationship. The tone of the story will change with the character. I always thought Ezio's sex scenes were very tasteful, not pander-ey. AC has been quite good about not having super-objectified outfits for assassins regardless of gender, and portraying male and female characters as equally capable (with the main assassin being more awesome than EVERYBODY.).

Lonesoldier2012
06-08-2012, 04:23 AM
They establish Ezio's character. He likes to have fun and not take things too seriously. That's why the message about settling down was so important for him in Revelations. I think if Connor has a relationship, they'll have to go far more in-depth into the building of it. A sex scene with Connor would be very different than one with Ezio: it would be the culmination of a more nuanced relationship. The tone of the story will change with the character. I always thought Ezio's sex scenes were very tasteful, not pander-ey. AC has been quite good about not having super-objectified outfits for assassins regardless of gender, and portraying male and female characters as equally capable (with the main assassin being more awesome than EVERYBODY.).

And Ezio has been established. Connor doesn't need a love interest in this game.

BeCk41
06-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Connor: make Sex NOW !!
Random Woman: Sure..

*BOOM* Desmond`s next Ancestor..

OR

Connor: Hello
Random Woman: Greetings
Connor: I like your......
Random Woman: what ?
Connor: Do I have sex appeal ?
Random Woman: Oh my..
Connor: You have to complete your sentence..
Random Woman: err
Connor: You want to see me skin an elk ?:nonchalance:
Random Woman: NO !! are you mad ?
Connor: No, Im Connor..
Random Woman: You SAVAGE !!
Connor: Oh ? Thats Radoajdkahdoavh-doooon !! Sexy huh ?
Random Woman: GUARDS !! this man is harassing me
Connor: Why you gotta be a ***** ?
Random Woman: you bastard !!
Connor: You WOMAN !!
Random Woman: How is that an insult ?
Connor: *troll face*

This^ LOL

Legendz54
06-08-2012, 10:34 AM
It couldn't work... Avelines story takes place around 20 years before Connor, She would be 50 by the time she meets 25 year old Connor and I'm pretty sure he would have low standards if he was attracted to a 50 year old woman

FirestarLuva
06-08-2012, 10:53 AM
^^this^^

^This

dxsxhxcx
06-08-2012, 11:01 AM
It couldn't work... Avelines story takes place around 20 years before Connor, She would be 50 by the time she meets 25 year old Connor and I'm pretty sure he would have low standards if he was attracted to a 50 year old woman

how old was Sofia when she meet Ezio?

Legendz54
06-08-2012, 11:54 AM
how old was Sofia when she meet Ezio?
True.... but Connor marries the Chiefs Daughter

FirestarLuva
06-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Sofia was 38 when she first met Ezio, I think.
And wait, where'd you find that Connor marries a Chief's daughter?

Legendz54
06-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Sorry edit that, Its actually charles lee who marries the mohawk leader of the tribes daughter and has twins, Maybe the father of Connor? He is the antagonist of the game and Connor hates him.

brefcourte
06-08-2012, 02:32 PM

But his Dad seems to be very rich, so ...

imonthenet
06-08-2012, 02:39 PM
It would be pretty cool if they met in an almost student teacher way. If what some of you have said aboot the age thing is correct then perhaps when Connor meets Aveline she will pass on some information then Connor will be all like, "what if you turned the hidden blade so it could also work as a dagger?".

I don't I'm spitballing now but their interaction doesn't need to be sexual

FirestarLuva
06-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Sorry edit that, Its actually charles lee who marries the mohawk leader of the tribes daughter and has twins, Maybe the father of Connor? He is the antagonist of the game and Connor hates him.

I hope so.

Gil_217
06-08-2012, 06:36 PM

Actually, she was 34/35.

nitres15
06-08-2012, 06:44 PM
would´t it be cool if Aveline recruits Connor ? Right ?

notafanboy
06-08-2012, 06:55 PM
would´t it be cool if Aveline recruits Connor ? Right ?

OMG great ideá !!!

pacmanate
06-08-2012, 08:18 PM
DeyGonnaHaveBabehs

JumpInTheFire13
06-09-2012, 12:21 AM
DeyGonnaHaveBabehs
NoDeyNawt

OriginalMiles
06-09-2012, 12:25 AM
NoDeyNawt
DeyGonnaHaveAssassins

ImPinheadDan
06-09-2012, 12:51 AM

Okay, There's some things wrong with this post. We don't really know their ages, How would she be 50 by the time she meets Connor? Most of the events in her game takes place at the same time as his game. AC3 is set between 1753 and 1783, Liberations is set between 1765 and 1780. Am i the only one who thinks that their Relationship would be friendly rather than Student/Teacher or Romantic.

SleezeRocker
06-09-2012, 12:51 AM
DeyGonnaHaveAssassins

Dey gonna get it on :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j3okb3kuts

ImPinheadDan
06-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Dey gonna get it on :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j3okb3kuts

DeyGonnaBeFriends

ImPinheadDan
06-09-2012, 01:51 AM
I wouldn't really mind if Connor and Aveline was Friends, Lovers,(There's such thing as a non-sexual relationship.) or formed a Alliance. I'm not going for the Student/Teacher relationship because that kinda gets stale imo. When it comes to them being lovers, A lot of people is quick to deny this. Why? Since Aveline not being related to Desmond is the only excuse.

OriginalMiles
06-09-2012, 04:56 AM
DeyGonnaBeFriends
DeyGonnaGetJiggyWithIt

pacmanate
06-09-2012, 10:37 AM
DeyGonnaGetJiggyWithIt

DeyDefoIsGonnaGetJiggy!

Helforsite
06-09-2012, 12:52 PM
It was mentioned by Ubisoft that Connor marries a chiefs daughter in some point of the game so i dont think him and Aveline will come together.

FirestarLuva
06-09-2012, 01:11 PM
It was mentioned by Ubisoft that Connor marries a chiefs daughter in some point of the game so i dont think him and Aveline will come together.

Where did you find this?!

LightRey
06-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Where did you find this?!
I'd like to know too.

itsamea-mario
06-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I'd like to know too.

Isn't it connor's father who marries a chiefs daughter?
If so, then that's more evidence that Charles Lee is his father.

LightRey
06-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Isn't it connor's father who marries a chiefs daughter?
If so, then that's more evidence that Charles Lee is his father.
Well I think it's just Charles Lee and this guy here either jumped to conclusions or was misinformed by people who did.

JRGplayer
01-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Personally I think Connor is the American Architype hero so his girl is gonna either be one of 5 things

1. Either it's a childhood friend from his village we never meet until later.

2. It's his combat equal since well any normal girl would freak out if he went on missions he'd never come home. I.e Batman and Catwoman

3. The girl is some damsel he's got to save from the Templars, the ultimate cliché

4. A friend he meets on his journey and they are well star crossed and Connor never goes after her until the gal basically says I'm love you whether you like it or not regardless of risk I.e Spider-Man girl

5. Once connor confronts his dad can find hapiness. I.e Luke Skywalker

The probable one is 4 since its more modern and has more drama attached

Pr3liator2511
03-20-2013, 05:57 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=401197973296252&set=pb.142784502470935.-2207520000.1363755072&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash4%2F737570_401197973296252_1132772808_o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash4%2F206440_401197973296252_1132772808_n.jpg&size=900%2C1007

Check this link,im nt sure its real or not.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 06:07 AM
Epic necro... And I'm not even going to touch that link. I'm afraid there'll be a herpes-infected pen1s staring back at me.

That what happened the last time I followed a link to Facebook... :nonchalance:

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 06:12 AM
It's not real. Don't worry LoyalACFan. It's just this. xD

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/206440_401197973296252_1132772808_n.jpg

Also, a dev (who I can't remember) has mentioned that they once considered having Aveline and Connor get together, but decided not to for some reason. I'm not sure if they meant that they were never going to do it, or just not for AC3. It's not any kind of confirmation, but the thought did cross their mind at least.

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 07:39 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=401197973296252&set=pb.142784502470935.-2207520000.1363755072&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash4%2F737570_401197973296252_1132772808_o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash4%2F206440_401197973296252_1132772808_n.jpg&size=900%2C1007

Check this link,im nt sure its real or not.
You revived the thread for this ?

Only one who`d have doubts about this being real or not is my fruit basket..

Assassin_Banana
03-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Connor and a pirate girl, or at least someone extroverted enough that smiles for the two. What about that? Connor and Aveline= No chemistry. Besides I think Aveline stand up better by herself :P

Bullet747
03-20-2013, 08:05 AM
I can dig it. :cool: .....Although I do sort of agree she should be far more extraverted than Connor. Sort of like Batman and Catwoman.
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/324/7/1/connor_with_aveline_by_okiran9-d5lm731.jpg

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 08:20 AM
^ Holy crap, Connor looks like he's pushing 60 there.

It's not real. Don't worry LoyalACFan. It's just this. xD

Also, a dev (who I can't remember) has mentioned that they once considered having Aveline and Connor get together, but decided not to for some reason. I'm not sure if they meant that they were never going to do it, or just not for AC3. It's not any kind of confirmation, but the thought did cross their mind at least.

Thanks for the heads-up :p But as for Connor and Aveline winding up together after the events of AC3... I doubt it. She's almost 10 years older than him, and they didn't seem interested in each other at all in Liberation.

silvermercy
03-20-2013, 11:39 AM
I found this from an interview somewhere. It's not canon as it would never work per AC makers:

"It’s fun that you would mention Aveline! Early on in the pre-production of the DLC, we explored the idea of giving Connor a love interest, and she was naturally a front runner for the role… cross-overs are always fun, and she was already an established character… at the time, it seemed a match made in heaven… but ultimately, when we really starting exploring both characters’ motivations and personalities, we realized it was something that couldn’t work out and we dropped the idea."

pirate1802
03-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Loving that tattoo.. :p

ZeldaEmblem
03-20-2013, 12:54 PM
I think a younger woman would be a better match for Connor.

Assassin_Banana
03-21-2013, 01:56 AM
I found this from an interview somewhere. It's not canon as it would never work per AC makers:

"It’s fun that you would mention Aveline! Early on in the pre-production of the DLC, we explored the idea of giving Connor a love interest, and she was naturally a front runner for the role… cross-overs are always fun, and she was already an established character… at the time, it seemed a match made in heaven… but ultimately, when we really starting exploring both characters’ motivations and personalities, we realized it was something that couldn’t work out and we dropped the idea."

See what I told you?? Connor and Aveline = No chemistry

They are both introverted people and that wouldn't match :3

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 01:57 AM
They are both introverted people and that wouldn't match :3

Aveline is not introverted 0_o

Bullet747
03-21-2013, 06:33 AM
I don't think it'd be good for Connor to have a prissy damsel as his love interest.

FirestarLuva
03-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Lol, people are saying Connor & Aveline wouldn't be good because she is 9 years older, but what about Dobby who is 20 years older than him? Connor into da cougars. :P
Also considering TOKW has been in development for over a year and the dev said at the beginning of production they considered having Aveline as a love interest, which was around august/september, it's possible they might reconsider. Gabe has been posting more than a few Connorline artworks on his site, hehe. :P
And they said their motives and personalities didn't match regarding the events in the DLC. Not surprised to be honest, seeing as how Connor or Ratonhnhake:ton has already lost it and will most likely get affected by his powers (the devs hinted it, hell, even Ziio said that, more than once) I don't think TOKW is the right time for a love interest for Connor. Who knows, Aveline might briefly appear, but not as a love interest.

LoyalACFan
03-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Lol, people are saying Connor & Aveline wouldn't be good because she is 9 years older, but what about Dobby who is 20 years older than him? Connor into da cougars. :P

Meh, you can't go off of the database entries as far as ages are concerned. Remember Duncan Little saying he was the kid Haytham saw after killing the guy at the opera? Yeah, if the database DOB was to be believed, he would have been like 25 there :p

ZeldaEmblem
04-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Who knows, Aveline might briefly appear, but not as a love interest.

lol but why would she appear when there is no reason to? besides she's a Vita-exclusive character.