PDA

View Full Version : Too easy?

Mr.4721
06-07-2012, 06:31 PM
I've been a fan of all of the assassin creeds ever since the first one and one thing I hope they would add in the series is a harder difficulty. I find the combat way too easy, mainly because only one or two attackers will attack at once (like most movies). UBI Please add a harder difficulty where if Iím surrounded by 10 guards at least 3 or 4 will try to attack at once, I want to be force to run or use some kind of strategy to live through a 15 vs. 1 fight! Not be able to block every attack and counter, a mode where being surrounded is a death sentence. Who else wants to see a harder difficulty setting?

Kables
06-07-2012, 07:56 PM
i do, and i think many other fans
but assassins creed has been about feeling cool being extremely fatal and giving the player options on how to go about their mission, but never challenging the player to find the right approach to a situation or die. i hope that makes sense

with that said i'm really hoping they give us much harder difficulties some time in the future

pacmanate
06-07-2012, 08:04 PM
1. It was a demo
2. It is pre alpha
3. They don't want Connor to die IN the demo, it would suck
4. They want it to look fluid

/Thread.

Archybad
06-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Rather than changing the way the guards attack, what if they massively buffed the damage done by guards and removed the silly "last chance" health block which prevents you from dying when you should? I like being able to chain all the kills together, and it's merely the way I can kill a guard in one move whilst it takes them minutes of attacking me for me to go down that gets to me. From what I can tell it does look like killing guards takes a bit longer than usual which is promising...

Assassin_M
06-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Why does anyone who has a plea start their sentence with "I`v been a great fan" ?
Just get straight to the point, we all are great fans xD

Anyways, As others have stated, difficulty cannot be judged from a Demo, because they always demonstrate their assets such as the graphics and features not how hard the game is..

masterfenix2009
06-08-2012, 03:27 AM
I'm fine with the difficulty myself.

Calvarok
06-08-2012, 03:47 AM
The demo has been showing the lowliest enemies with an occasional brute. They appear to throw a lot more guards at you before and they attack a lot more often. Also guards come running if you get into a loud fight. This combined with the smallish health bar that doesn't recharge out of combat and no health packs, as well as the ability of enemies to form a firing line and one-shot you if there's enough of them, means that unless your combat skills are flawless, you will eventually have to run, though even the worst player will be able to feel a little badass during the fight.

naran6142
06-08-2012, 03:59 AM
personally i dont care for the combat to realistic. what i didnt like about ACRs combat was the only way they tried to make it harder was jannisaries and their guns which were pretty cheap if u ask me. i think the AC3 combat looks pretty cool with the different options you have.

personally i think what needs fixing is the enemies ability to detect you, tho im not judging AC3, it wasnt very good in ACR

but ya, the awesome kill animations are enough to keep me entertained, tho i wont complain if the game becomes more challenging

:)

Calvarok
06-08-2012, 04:27 AM
personally i dont care for the combat to realistic. what i didnt like about ACRs combat was the only way they tried to make it harder was jannisaries and their guns which were pretty cheap if u ask me. i think the AC3 combat looks pretty cool with the different options you have.

personally i think what needs fixing is the enemies ability to detect you, tho im not judging AC3, it wasnt very good in ACR

but ya, the awesome kill animations are enough to keep me entertained, tho i wont complain if the game becomes more challenging

:)

The boston gameplay showed off the enemies enhanced searching methods. They actually swivel their heads when looking now, and appear to be much more persistent in their investigation.