PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 Tiny Detail

LMikeF
06-07-2012, 01:58 PM
I just want to start out by saying the new game looks amazing and it seems like it's going to be fun to play but there is only one tiny detail that bugs me:

Has anyone noticed how the enemy barely ever shoots you even though they could?

It's just a bit weird to me that they simply try to stab you, waiting around for you to kill them in all the videos that have been shown so far, but I could be wrong.

Discuss

Tully__
06-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Muzzle loading muskets need about 10 seconds to reload even in the hands of an expert. During that 10 seconds the gun wielder is out of the fight because he is too busy stuffing powder, wadding and bullet down the barrel of his gun. Most of what I've seen, those who aren't firing at you have already fired once, are in a situation where their gun may not be loaded or they're concentrating on another battle.

Azurefeatherfly
06-07-2012, 02:53 PM
There are like multiple threads on this issue, how is it not common knowledge that these weapons were single shot. The most experienced soldiers can fire about 3 shots in one minute, in other words 20 seconds to reload. It would look incredibly silly for a soldier to do so with Connor less than 5 meters away.

They fired already or the gun is not loaded could all be possible explanations.

infamous_ezio
06-07-2012, 03:30 PM
It's stupid how it's done, you can't keep saying 'they have to reload' if their's plenty of the soldiers surely at least one of these 'experts' could sneak up on connor, oh i forgot connor is a killing machine, apparently he's unstoppable.

Moultonborough
06-07-2012, 03:49 PM
It's stupid how it's done, you can't keep saying 'they have to reload' if their's plenty of the soldiers surely at least one of these 'experts' could sneak up on connor, oh i forgot connor is a killing machine, apparently he's unstoppable.

No, in that era they stood in line facing each other. One reason was because they were inaccurate they needed to be close. Also from what I learned in school they considered it "gentleman's" fighting. They did not want to hide and shoot someone behind their back. It wasn't really until the Civil War that people started to hide and ambush each other.

infamous_ezio
06-07-2012, 03:56 PM
No, in that era they stood in line facing each other. One reason was because they were inaccurate they needed to be close. Also from what I learned in school they considered it "gentleman's" fighting. They did not want to hide and shoot someone behind their back. It wasn't really until the Civil War that people started to hide and ambush each other.

Hmm even if their's an assassins slaying heaps of their people? It doesn't really bother me, tbh the game wouldn't have been possible if they made it so you get shot all the time haha

sincronic
06-07-2012, 09:24 PM
In the 18th century, most guns where single load, meaning they only fired one bullet at a time before they had to reload again. With Connors spead and agility, they simply dont have the time to reload, therefore result to using their knifes.

Black_Widow9
06-08-2012, 12:03 AM
http://www.1up.com/previews/interview-stealth-step-assassin-creed-3?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

It was really tricky, because as you said, it's so iconic to the period that you can't really avoid it if you want to say you're a historical game. But at the same time, we're not a gun game. So finding that right balance... I think we found it when, again... Luckily a musket takes a minute and a half, two minutes to reload. So you have this moment of high risk followed by essentially close combat. That's why they had bayonets on the end. So we wanted this idea that, again, distance is danger. You need to rush in and close the gap and force them to fight you hand to hand. But if you stay at range you'll die.

And as well, it's worth mentioning, it is systemic. So they will form a line if the group is within the distance, has enough guys, things like that. It is going to happen sometimes. But the only time you'll see that happen is when the system dictates.