PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Sturmovik Dedicated Server - Gametype

dMe_1337
06-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi, I'm new here and I got a question. I got a dedicated server running, but I have a problem with managing it. I'd like to change the gametype to coop so I can play coop missions with my friends. I can do that with no problem through Local Server ( where I have menu for everything ), but in this case I only have console. So my question is how I can get a coop mission working :P ? I get a coop mission working in a dogfight mode ( with no spawn points ) but thats not what I want. Please someone help :P

dumle112

Tully__
06-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Dedicated server doesn't support coop mode. There was an independent group who hacked some code to run a coop server but if I recall correctly they were using a modification of one of the 3rd party server management tools (FBDaemon or ServerCommander IIRC) to manage a version of the normal game instead of the dedicated server software. Either way, the only "out of the box" solution to running coops is to use the normal game and manage it manually.

On the other hand, some of the mod packs allow you to run moving objects and AI controlled aircraft in a dogfight server. I'm not sure if they support the dedicated server software or only work on the standard game and I also don't recall which mods you need (and can't link them anyway, linking to mods is against the rules in the IL2 forum). If that option interests you, try a search engine search on "IL2 mods" to find a list of sites. Everyone using the server will need to be using the same mods or weird stuff appears to happen, but this approach can be a good compromise.