PDA

View Full Version : I HOPE this is for presentation purposes, but the combat looks astonishingly easy.

ToniTorsi
06-06-2012, 09:12 PM
I dont know what the use of guns signifies in this game if enemies just stand still observing Connor make a massacre out of their comrades when at least one of them could have shot Connor while the others were confronting him.

(Im talking about the Boston Massacre Gameplay video brought to you by Connor -_- )

It bugs me that no one thinks to shoot their gun. I mean an elite close quarters combat assassination machine is coming at you and your team and you're not going to try the bayonet? I was really hoping the heavy appearance & role of guns in this installment meant you would extensively want to avoid combat and being seen more than ever, but eh.. doesn't look like it.

It comes off as being "All Flash No Substance". It LOOKS great, but that is all.

The game should have had a HUGE focus on stealth. While it might still have that, what they displayed was an all out attack approach.

Sushiglutton
06-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah I made a similar thread below: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/681430-quot-The-combat-has-been-rebuilt-from-the-ground-up-quot. It is not the revolutionary change I was hoping for that's for sure. Also the part were you infiltrate the fort I don't get. Yes Connor creates a diversion by the exploding barrels. But then he just runs through the fort in plain sight. And villains back off and/or miss their shots from a few meters distance. If u can do that why ever go stealthy?

Azurefeatherfly
06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
The Boston Gameplay had a lot of civilians and those ancient weapons which forces you to use 30 seconds to reload after one shot are not trustworthy in terms of accuracy. In my opinion it is realistic that British would not fire in the city streets.

AdamXEve
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Frankly, what's new about this? Assassin's Creed has always had abysmally easy combat. Mostly because of the context that you're a highly skilled Assassin. These games are more about the journey, atmosphere and story as opposed to great combat gameplay.

Grazel69
06-06-2012, 09:45 PM
those bayonets take like 2 minutes to reload irl you know that right? they already fired it so then they moved on to melee combat

nevertheless yes combat still looks easy as ****

Serrachio
06-06-2012, 10:06 PM
those bayonets take like 2 minutes to reload irl you know that right? they already fired it so then they moved on to melee combat

nevertheless yes combat still looks easy as ****

The bayonet is the blade at the end of the rifle.

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 10:09 PM
They do not shot their guns in the city because they were not so accurate, and they might risk killing a lot of Innocent Civilians..

CrazySN
06-06-2012, 10:12 PM
They aren't making the game 90% stealth because they would lose a fan if they did. *cough*me*cough**cough*

rileypoole1234
06-06-2012, 10:16 PM
In the Boston demo, the guards looked way deadlier. They attacked way more often.

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Need I remind all of you that the Boston Demo was the WII U version which may be a lot earlier in development than other Versions..
I said MAYBE

rileypoole1234
06-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Need I remind all of you that the Boston Demo was the WII U version which may be a lot earlier in development than other Versions..
I said MAYBE

I was saying that the guards attacked more in the Wii U version, isn't that what the OP wants?

You're right about the effects of inaccuracy as well. Killing civilians is a no-no.