PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III North American Collectors / Special Edition update.

Mr_Shade
06-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi Guys,

They say no news is good news, and it appears it was..

There is a special / collectors edition coming to North America, but, and it's a little but, at present, they are still finalising the bundle!

Direct from Ubi-Gabe:

'Special/Collector's Edition is coming for North America. We can, however, offer no further details at this time since we're still in the process of finalizing.

In regards to why it is taking us so long to announce what we're going to be offering, there are a couple of factors, one of which is that we know that the setting of AC3 pretty much requires that we deliver a staggeringly amazing Special Edition for North America, so we have been working very hard on meeting that expectation... that said, despite all of our extraordinarily strenuous efforts, it's extremely unlikely that anything resembling an actual Tomahawk will make it into the box. We tried our very best, but rules are rules, hehe.

But an announcement will be coming, in the hopefully very near future... and when it does, please don't hesitate to request a "roll-over" to the Special/Collector's Edition of your choice on your existing pre-order and your retailer should happily comply.'

So while it's not a list of contents and bundles, it is confirmation that you are getting an awesome package..

So please spread the word ;)

pacmanate
06-06-2012, 07:08 PM
QUICK! Someone tell Biomedical-Fire (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/562927-Biomedical-Fire)!

lothario-da-be
06-06-2012, 07:11 PM
i will be very angry if america gets more stuff then Europe, Italians also didn't got a better special edition with ac2 and brotherhood.

Mr_Shade
06-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Lets not start bickering over this, America has had NO special editions on this game, so please understand, that they may have items exclusive to them, just as the EU versions may have.

Serrachio
06-06-2012, 07:40 PM
"They say no news is good news..."

Seems a bit odd. They were eager enough to announce details of the European Collectors editions.

True_Assassin92
06-06-2012, 07:49 PM
i will be very angry if america gets more stuff then Europe, Italians also didn't got a better special edition with ac2 and brotherhood.

Lol I made the same comment in the sticky thread though :p

lothario-da-be
06-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Lets not start bickering over this, America has had NO special editions on this game, so please understand, that they may have items exclusive to them, just as the EU versions may have.
can't you just make one that is availeble everywhere,but its ok if they get more if i can buy it here too, like the brotherhood an revelations figures.
But if there come out things i can't get i get a very strange feeling,i can't really describe it but its really not funny to have.Its a bit like kids seeing your best friend has the best yu'gi oh cart and you got the second best but want both.

kriegerdesgottes
06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. I'm glad to hear that we are getting something and that they are taking the location into consideration so it wouldn't make too much sense to totally stiff us again on the collectors edition. I was expecting to hear about it at E3 so I feel better now. :)

dxsxhxcx
06-06-2012, 11:28 PM
that said, despite all of our extraordinarily strenuous efforts, it's extremely unlikely that anything resembling an actual Tomahawk will make it into the box. We tried our very best, but rules are rules, hehe.

glad to see the americans finally getting a CE that seems to be at the same level as the ones that were shown until now... too bad I'm brazilian and something like this would be expensive as hell for me to import.. =/

wait a minute, no tomahawk?! :p
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yS9-QSy4Rvs/T44PeF22pXI/AAAAAAAABXM/Uq-4_sBiHvs/s1600/indio-chorando.jpg

gamertam
06-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Thank You Mr_Shade.

I will be more than happy to roll-over my pre-order at once comes the announcement. May i add also that, it is only right Ubi's doing this to their NA fans. Considering Ubi clearly favor more towards European countries from past uber Editions. Particularly AC1's and AC Brotherhood's. I'm not mistaken when i say this. Yes-yes i know. We buys the game and not toys. If so, then explain the biased toward NA. Explains why there were CE for most triple A titles pumps out on a regular basis. No, i don't want this to end up being lock thread. So i'll end here. :p

I'm just happy to see that NA will have a CE coming our way.

jmk1999
06-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Its a bit like kids seeing your best friend has the best yu'gi oh cart and you got the second best but want both.

um.... sure. :nonchalance:

Jamison_J_B
06-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Could you add some SP DLC? As it stands, my preorder has the Ghost of War DLC, but I would really love to get the Lost Mayan Temple DLC also. Pretty please with colored sprinkles on top...mail you a chocolate chip cookie :D

kudos17
06-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Its a bit like kids seeing your best friend has the best yu'gi oh cart and you got the second best but want both.

So... jealousy? :p

There are different rules and methods of shipping in North America and Europe. Because of that, different versions of a collector's edition can and will be present. North America won't get something better, just different.

And no tomahawk? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

warpaint_golf
06-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Yes, I agree we are buying games not toys. What some non American people overlook is, this one is about a our nations' founding. Not simply taking place or having an American as the main character native or otherwise. Not that I have, nor do I think it's actually possible, been paying attention to every forum or thread for the creed, far as I know the most I've seen an American say about a ce is "that sucks we didn't get it.". Like 360 players it's funny those that usually get, only have a problem when they don't. I have yet to come across an American that hasn't embraced any assassin of the creed. Middle eastern or Italian. Any feel free to correct me on the following (America), all that's truly wanted is a CE for this one due to it's location and time period. It would be different if CE was common place for this game in the U.S. So why is it a problem that the U.S. is getting a customized CE?

Fiora_Cavaza
06-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Well this is a relief. I guess I am glad I waited to order then. I can't wait to find out what the American editions include! :D

Biomedical-Fire
06-12-2012, 07:52 AM
QUICK! Someone tell Biomedical-Fire (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/562927-Biomedical-Fire)!
I'm not the only one, I'm just more vocal than others. As someone in law enforcement and former military I have always fought for the rights of others and gamers are no different.

Captain Tomatoz
06-12-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm not the only one, I'm just more vocal than others. As someone in law enforcement and former military I have always fought for the rights of others and gamers are no different.

Queue inspirational music :D

mrxclusiv.au
06-14-2012, 02:13 AM

you want to fight for the rights of others? take a look at what happens to PC gamers with release delays and price gouging - or does that not affect you directly so its not an issue you will fight for?

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 05:29 AM
you want to fight for the rights of others? take a look at what happens to PC gamers with release delays and price gouging - or does that not affect you directly so its not an issue you will fight for?

delays don't matter you still get the game.

and don't pull a comment saying "you wouldn't understand, you're not a PC gamer."

here's my Steam Profile complete with over 100 games:http://steamcommunity.com/id/jexx21

I don't care about delays if it ultimately gets the developer more money to continue making games that I love. And I don't even understand your price gouging comment, since Assassin's Creed releases on PC for $50 and not $60.

Delays aren't something to be mad at, because usually it's done to fine-tune things in the game. Not to mention we got all of the DLC for Brotherhood free because of the delay. Delays aren't even on the same level as offering the same content and CE items to everyone.

If you want to be mad at Ubi because they 'favor' certain platforms, be mad because they are offering exclusive content to the PS3.

menacefox
06-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Let me say, the Assassin's Creed III Collector Editions for Europe are simply amazing!

I have bought a couple CEs this year but WOW, if there's an award for who releases the best collector edition(s) - I would totally vote for Ubisoft this year.
So far, the Halo 4 collector edition has been put to shame as well.

Anyway, if we cant get anything as nice, as the editions in Europe, I hope we get something like a stainless steel keychain with the AC logo on it.
Something small but very durable. Stainless steel > paper and plastic. Just my two cents.

Biomedical-Fire
06-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Actually, the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Chest is the best CE being released so far this year IMHO. You get a lot of great stuff with that edition, then in terms of digital content, I think that the Halo 4 CE some great DLC.Then the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Edition looks awesome as well.

Sushiglutton
06-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Will include an American flag, a registration form to U.S. Marines and a CD with the single "American Soldier" sung by Tobey Keith. Ubi will also patch the bug that makes some templars appear blue in this version.

Bantri
06-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Finally! I have been waiting for a North America collectors edition to be announced. Lately Europe have been getting all the good bundles. *looks at Farcry 3 and sees that bobble head that I will never get*

Black Shadow943
06-14-2012, 10:01 PM

Why? the game is set in america, it's our conty's time to shine in the AC series.

menacefox
06-15-2012, 02:18 AM
Actually, the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Chest is the best CE being released so far this year IMHO. You get a lot of great stuff with that edition, then in terms of digital content, I think that the Halo 4 CE some great DLC.Then the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Edition looks awesome as well.
Not a fan of Borderlands. That's why I did not pay attention to their CE.

mrxclusiv.au
06-15-2012, 04:44 AM
delays don't matter you still get the game.

and don't pull a comment saying "you wouldn't understand, you're not a PC gamer."

here's my Steam Profile complete with over 100 games:http://steamcommunity.com/id/jexx21

I don't care about delays if it ultimately gets the developer more money to continue making games that I love. And I don't even understand your price gouging comment, since Assassin's Creed releases on PC for $50 and not $60.

Delays aren't something to be mad at, because usually it's done to fine-tune things in the game. Not to mention we got all of the DLC for Brotherhood free because of the delay. Delays aren't even on the same level as offering the same content and CE items to everyone.

If you want to be mad at Ubi because they 'favor' certain platforms, be mad because they are offering exclusive content to the PS3.

so what you are saying is that in YOUR backyard price gouging doesn't happen?? well guess what out here in AUSTRALIA we pay far too much for games - and to back my claim here we have Diablo III onsale in australia by EBgames : http://ebgames.com.au/pc-144939-Diablo-III-PC PRICE $88.00 here we have it on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Standard-Edition-Pc/dp/B00178630A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339731569&sr=8-1&keywords=Diablo+III PRICE : 59.99 and her we have the conversion to AUD : http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=59.99&From=USD&To=AUD thats $59.8517 at time of posting - no gouging there huh??

and Amazon won't ship that item to Australia and no way in hell would it cost me $28 aud to ship it - like I said we pay a premium here, and what burns even more : we pay exorbitant prices like this and when we cop a delay when we FINALLY get it (in the $80 price bracket) the same games' in the discount bin for the consoles for $45 bux...... Like I said doesn't affect you so you don't care and won't fight for it.

you SEE why delays matter to me now?

menacefox
06-15-2012, 08:26 AM
@mrxclusiv.au
I just compared what you (Australians) earn compared to various professions in my city.

Per year, Australians earn $5,000 to $10,000 more than Americans do. That's in my city. My city has a population of 250,000
(and that's all at the same jobs/same starting position/same education level.)

So, what are you complaining about?

EURO > USD
AUD > USD

If you don't want to pay those "high prices" for your games. Come live here in the USA, you will earn less at your job but the games will be less expensive.
Simple concept.

Zemenco
06-16-2012, 05:18 AM
I demand "The Gadsden Edition!"

smartgamer101
06-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Will this forum be updated when this edition?

pacmanate
06-20-2012, 01:00 PM

Yes it will :0

Awesomocity0
06-21-2012, 03:04 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Two weeks later, and there are still crickets in the gaming community. I know we have ~4 months until release, but the longer it's been since Europe and Ubiworkshop announced their special editions, the more nervous I become, regardless of reassurance that there will be a special edition for the US. I've been scorned by developers and distributors before, and I'll feel a bit more at ease when I hear something firm. Or at least semi-regular updates.

And I mean, frankly, I'm willing to shell out however much money this is, regardless of what's in it. I have an area full of AC collectibles and wall scrolls and art covering my walls. Revelations made my fangirl heart bleed.

mrxclusiv.au
06-21-2012, 05:50 AM
@mrxclusiv.au
I just compared what you (Australians) earn compared to various professions in my city.

Per year, Australians earn $5,000 to $10,000 more than Americans do. That's in my city. My city has a population of 250,000
(and that's all at the same jobs/same starting position/same education level.)

So, what are you complaining about?

EURO > USD
AUD > USD

If you don't want to pay those "high prices" for your games. Come live here in the USA, you will earn less at your job but the games will be less expensive.
Simple concept.

okay mr. clever take a look at the trend of the AU$ vs the US$ the aud is high at the moment because of the collapse of the us economy, the aud usually runs at around 80 us cents in which case in a wider view than the "moment" we earn more $ but it has 20% less buying power, at the same time we PAY MORE for software? your earnings vs cost is terribly narrow minded. Look at the us$ vs au$ before the Us economy crash, thats where its usually at. We have been getting gouged for a very long time and the excuse provided is the "poor exchange rate vs us$" now the exchange rate is good we are still getting gouged.

SOURCE : http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=AUD&to=USD&view=10Y

pacmanate
06-21-2012, 09:03 AM
okay mr. clever take a look at the trend of the AU$ vs the US$ the aud is high at the moment because of the collapse of the us economy, the aud usually runs at around 80 us cents in which case in a wider view than the "moment" we earn more $ but it has 20% less buying power, at the same time we PAY MORE for software? your earnings vs cost is terribly narrow minded. Look at the us$ vs au$ before the Us economy crash, thats where its usually at. We have been getting gouged for a very long time and the excuse provided is the "poor exchange rate vs us$" now the exchange rate is good we are still getting gouged.

The AC3 PC release is not on track anymore!

menacefox
06-22-2012, 03:41 AM

So, it took you like 7 days to get a good response for me? lol.

Like I have said, if you don't like the prices in Australia, come live here in the USA.

There's also another reason why prices for the U.S. are lower. It's called demand.
Developers know that they can sell their products decently here in the U.S.A. at a set price for a certain period of time.

To summon it up for you, developers can afford to lose gamers in Australia on what you think are 'high prices' - but they can't afford to perform poorly on the big US market.

Sucks to live in Australia gaming-wise, I guess.

massmurdera_666
06-22-2012, 08:01 AM
don't forget, australians get severely edited games and that costs time and money to do, and developers need to make up that cash they spent so they tack that on. if you want cheaper games tell the government to leave your hobby alone

Felix-Vivo
06-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Will include an American flag, a registration form to U.S. Marines and a CD with the single "American Soldier" sung by Tobey Keith. Ubi will also patch the bug that makes some templars appear blue in this version.

Will it also include a life size model bald eagle that can perch patriotically somewhere in your vicinity as you play? And perhaps a bonus level, called, "Redcoat Massacre mode - free roam around Boston; final score = number of guards killed x number of British flags removed."

:p

Black_Widow9
06-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Hey everyone,
We have tried to reassure you ourselves and you have heard it straight from the Developers as well. There will be details released about NA Editions but we have none to give you at this time. Most retailers will let you upgrade so you shouldn't be too worried about it.
Until then if you cannot stop with insulting other Nations directly or indirectly you will be taking a holiday from the Forums.

thecodeman715
06-26-2012, 08:11 PM
I am willing to bet that the details of the North American Collector's Edition for AC3 will be announced on July 4th and it will be called the Independence Edition... that's just me, but it makes sense.

kriegerdesgottes
06-26-2012, 08:18 PM
I am willing to bet that the details of the North American Collector's Edition for AC3 will be announced on July 4th and it will be called the Independence Edition... that's just me, but it makes sense.

I was actually just thinking that they probably will wait until the 4th to announce that.

thecodeman715
06-26-2012, 08:34 PM
I really hope it comes with a LOT of DLC. Especially Multiplayer Characters...

Awesomocity0
06-28-2012, 12:50 AM

I live in Texas, the most crazy patriotic place in Murrka, and didn't even consider the fact that the 4th of July would be a genius time to announce details of the NA special edition. *facepalm* I hope their marketing department is as genius as some of you guys are and do it. If they've got all the details worked out, anyway.

Though I still have my fingers crossed for a tomahawk. LOL

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:30 AM
I call 4th of July info release likje everyone before me did.

Lonesoldier2012
06-28-2012, 06:34 AM
I call 4th of July info release likje everyone before me did.

Seems we're a bit late Jexx.

Helforsite
06-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Anyone here know how to import the NA CE to Europe(Germany) in a cheap way(the cheapest way)?

Awesomocity0
06-29-2012, 02:12 AM
Anyone here know how to import the NA CE to Europe(Germany) in a cheap way(the cheapest way)?

There isn't really a "cheap" way to send stuff between Germany and the US. I'm from Germany, living in the US now, and my family's still over there. I've tried every postal method possible to help curb the costs a bit, but there really isn't a magic trick. If it's heavy, get ready to pay lots of money. If it's not heavy, get ready to pay lots of money anyway. lol. The only thing I'd suggest is buying straight from a source retailer such as GameStop US if they offer international shipping. In my experience, when I order things from German retailers, I wind up paying less shipping than if my family buys something and pays for shipping themselves (because retailers who mass ship crap out have lower shipping cost agreements, I'd assume) and a whole lot less if they order it online, have to pay for shipping within the country, and then shipping to the US.

And I really wouldn't recommend buying from strangers, because they're likely to jack up the price even more. When I tried to order Philipp Lahm's book last year, ebay sellers were trying to charge me from 45USD to 180USD without calculating in shipping costs. For a book you could buy for 15euros.

So... yeah, I'd check all major retailers in the US who are going to have the edition to see if they ship internationally.

Mr_Shade
06-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Importing games can be tricky...

DLC / Codes maybe region locked - so you maynot be able to use them on your account.

Game discs can also be region coded..

Import duty [if it applies]

So worth considering.

Jamiedwi
06-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Importing games can be tricky...

DLC / Codes maybe region locked - so you maynot be able to use them on your account.

Game discs can also be region coded..

Import duty [if it applies]

So worth considering.

When you say that dlc and games can be region locked could you please tell us if AC3 stuff will be region-locked as i think quite a lot of people are going to want to be importing this :D

MetalCreed
06-29-2012, 07:24 PM
I really hate how there's different exclusive pre-order bonuses for AC3 then there's special editions for AC3 :nonchalance:
Now I have to pick whether I want to pre-order my game from EB or Amazon..
I'm also gonna wait to see what the new NA collector's edition is before I pre-order though :D

Sgt YoshiD3th
07-01-2012, 02:14 AM
I think its awesome that Ubisoft is making a better version for the US, I am sorry to diss the UK but they have been getting better stuff and I dont wanna bicker about it tbh, Ubisoft knows what they are doing cause I know they must have felt bad that in the Revelations version of the US we never got a special edition like the UK, So Ubisoft thanks for the hard work you guys have been doing, I am a hardcore fan of the Assassins Creed series and I just wish you all of the hard work you have put into this game that it has a giant success! "May the father of understanding guide you!" Rodrigo Borgia -Assassins Creed 2.

thecodeman715
07-04-2012, 01:51 AM
I live in Texas, the most crazy patriotic place in Murrka, and didn't even consider the fact that the 4th of July would be a genius time to announce details of the NA special edition. *facepalm* I hope their marketing department is as genius as some of you guys are and do it. If they've got all the details worked out, anyway.

Though I still have my fingers crossed for a tomahawk. LOL

The Limited Edition they announced is no where near 'staggeringly amazing' like UbiGabe had said. It sucks... big rocks.

Awesomocity0
07-04-2012, 10:58 PM
The Limited Edition they announced is no where near 'staggeringly amazing' like UbiGabe had said. It sucks... big rocks.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed. I don't need a flag. I have enough stuff on my walls. And the belt buckle? I already ordered a belt buckle from Ubiworkshop. The statue I actually like. So in order to get the statue, I also have to pay for an American flag and a belt buckle I might already own? :/ I'd rather have Washington's notebook, Connor's medallion, or the encyclopedia. If I didn't want the statue, I'd just order the ubiworkshop edition.

**** me for being such a sucker for statues. lol.

Edit: Just kidding. The Ubiworkshop belt buckle is awesome. The Limited Edition one? Not so much.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:00 PM
No. Medallion and Encyclopedia stay too they're respective editions.

JCearlyyears
07-04-2012, 11:05 PM
I really don't understand that. You have it, now let us have it. You already have it, what do you care? Why do you feel cheated? You're the one who has it! We should feel cheated because we don't.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:07 PM
...Because that is what makes those worth it? let me ask you, would the Ubiworkshop edition one be worth 2 cents if the encyclopedia was not exclusive? make something UNIQUE for the NA, not leech off the other editions.

JCearlyyears
07-04-2012, 11:12 PM
I still don't get it. It is because the medallion is of worth that it should be put in. It already has the flag which is unique. If you got the flag, I wouldn't care, if you got the belt buckle, still wouldn't care.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:14 PM
You see, if we review the editions, the biggest things driving those editions are they're respective collectible, and the George book. You already got a statue, but if you take the medallion or the encyclopedia, you just made another version obsolete.
Maybe if everything is universal..
But now, I say put a lithograph, George book, Sharpshooter DLC and I guess you could argue for that.

JCearlyyears
07-04-2012, 11:28 PM
I think NA should get their own stuff too. I want them to universalize the editions but also add another edition to the NA that is better.

MB1025
07-04-2012, 11:30 PM
What needs to be put into account is this.

Not only was North America told our edition would be "amazing", but we get the least amount of things with our edition.

Join Or Die
1. Collectors Box which is better than the NA collectors Box
2. Medallion
3. George Washingtons Journal
4. Ghost of War DLC
5. Sharpshooter DLC

Freedom Edition
1. Collectors Box which is better than the NA collectors box
2. Steel Book Case
3. Statue
4. George Washingtons Journal
5. Ghost of War DLC
6. Lost Mayan Ruin DLC
7. Sharpshooter DLC

Limited Edition
1. Collectors box which is not as nice as the European collectors boxes
2. Statue
3. A Flag
4. A Belt Buckle
*We may get DLC depending on where we pre order.

So yeah we were lied to plain and simple. There is no way it can be defended.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:34 PM
''add another edition to the NA that is better.''
Why so? cant they all be equal?

MB1025
07-04-2012, 11:35 PM
They should be equal. I don't understand why there is a need to have 4 different versions floating around.

Also does anyone really think this late in the day we are going to get an announcement? If we don't hear anything in the next few hours I don't think there will be another edition.

If and when they do the edition will most likely be 150 bucks and O boy it better be "amazing".

LightRey
07-04-2012, 11:39 PM
What needs to be put into account is this.

Not only was North America told our edition would be "amazing", but we get the least amount of things with our edition.

Join Or Die
1. Collectors Box which is better than the NA collectors Box
2. Medallion
3. George Washingtons Journal
4. Ghost of War DLC
5. Sharpshooter DLC

Freedom Edition
1. Collectors Box which is better than the NA collectors box
2. Steel Book Case
3. Statue
4. George Washingtons Journal
5. Ghost of War DLC
6. Lost Mayan Ruin DLC
7. Sharpshooter DLC

Limited Edition
1. Collectors box which is not as nice as the European collectors boxes
2. Statue
3. A Flag
4. A Belt Buckle
*We may get DLC depending on where we pre order.

So yeah we were lied to plain and simple. There is no way it can be defended.
"Amazing" is a subjective term. You were not being lied to, you just jumped to conclusions based on a vague and subjective term that's more of an opinion than a description.

MB1025
07-04-2012, 11:44 PM
"Amazing" is a subjective term. You were not being lied to, you just jumped to conclusions based on a vague and subjective term that's more of an opinion than a description.

O so when I am told we are going to get an "amazing" edition and it is clearly not amazing I haven't been lied to? Not only is it not better than the other editions, but the "amazing" edition has less and cheaper things with it.

It turns into a subjective term when you try to defend Ubisoft for continuously giving the shaft to a certain market. They most likely had some temp sit there and come up with NA's edition.

SoullessKassidy
07-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Canceled my preorder and won't buy another ubi product until NA is treated fairly, if all of NA did this UBI would turn that **** around quick but people have no will power, complaining makes no difference, only action.

Take Ubi's latest trailer advice guys: Rise against Ubi

MB1025
07-04-2012, 11:54 PM
The crazy thing is they don't even acknowledge the issue. If there is another edition say it. If there is not say it. Stop ignoring the consumers.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:55 PM
I love how everyone claims they wont buy the game for the edition...
9/10 of you will get it on midnight release :P

MB1025
07-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Why buy it then when 2-3 days later a used copy will be on the shelf and Ubisoft will see zero profits from that sale.

SoullessKassidy
07-04-2012, 11:58 PM
I love how everyone claims they wont buy the game for the edition...
9/10 of you will get it on midnight release :P

Kassidy is the PSN, Soullesskassidy is the xbl if you want to see if I am playing it or have a achive or trophy be my guest, till they stop shafting us I am not buying another ubi product

LightRey
07-04-2012, 11:58 PM
O so when I am told we are going to get an "amazing" edition and it is clearly not amazing I haven't been lied to? Not only is it not better than the other editions, but the "amazing" edition has less and cheaper things with it.

It turns into a subjective term when you try to defend Ubisoft for continuously giving the shaft to a certain market. They most likely had some temp sit there and come up with NA's edition.
Again, it's a subjective term. Some people might well find that amazing. You say that collector's box is "clearly not as nice as the European collector's box", but that's an opinion, not a fact. You don't like it and, hey, maybe many others would agree, but people are entitled to considering that amazing, not to mention that they're advertising it. They're not going to call it "ok" or "not as good as the European version". It's just common sense. The fact is that you simply fell for the cheapest trick in advertising.

MB1025
07-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Again, it's a subjective term. Some people might well find that amazing. You say that collector's box is "clearly not as nice as the European collector's box", but that's an opinion, not a fact. You don't like it and, hey, maybe many others would agree, but people are entitled to considering that amazing, not to mention that they're advertising it. They're not going to call it "ok" or "not as good as the European version". It's just common sense. The fact is that you simply fell for the cheapest trick in advertising.

I didn't fall for anything. I simply was told something was going to be amazing and it is now my choice to spend an extra 60 dollars or not. Like I said before though. The term subjective only comes up when it is being used as a defense. A company like Ubisoft as the time and money to actually make something amazing. Especially after telling a certain market that is what we are getting. I can tell you I am going to get you an amazing birthday present. When you unwrap the gift it ends up being a Flashlight. Now of course we can all sit here and get technical and say well it is subjective. but you, me, and everyone else knows that a flashlight is not amazing.

You have an 120 dollar price tag with less and cheaper items. We can argue semantics all day, but you can't honestly sit there and tell me that the Limited Edition is better than the European Editions.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Why buy it then when 2-3 days later a used copy will be on the shelf and Ubisoft will see zero profits from that sale.

Lol, you do realize video game companies barely lose anything from used sales, right?

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 12:13 AM
I didn't fall for anything. I simply was told something was going to be amazing and it is now my choice to spend an extra 60 dollars or not. Like I said before though. The term subjective only comes up when it is being used as a defense. A company like Ubisoft as the time and money to actually make something amazing. Especially after telling a certain market that is what we are getting. I can tell you I am going to get you an amazing birthday present. When you unwrap the gift it ends up being a Flashlight. Now of course we can all sit here and get technical and say well it is subjective. but you, me, and everyone else knows that a flashlight is not amazing.

You have an 120 dollar price tag with less and cheaper items. We can argue semantics all day, but you can't honestly sit there and tell me that the Limited Edition is better than the European Editions.

I hate to say it but he honestly could. Humans give value to things. Someone could value the LE more than their life. It's all opinion.

MB1025
07-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Lol, you do realize video game companies barely lose anything from used sales, right?

I don't know how that is true. At least in America when ever a used game is sold that is 100 percent profit to the company selling the game i.e Game Stop. The more used copies being bought the less money goes to the developer and publisher.

There is a reason why companies are doing online passes and/or codes to play the single player game.

MB1025
07-05-2012, 12:21 AM
I hate to say it but he honestly could. Humans give value to things. Someone could value the LE more than their life. It's all opinion.

But there is a point where we need to use common sense or we are just going to run around in circles. If I was to place the Freedom Edition and Limited Edition down on a table and told 100 people to choose which one to take what do you think would sell more? Not keep in mind everything that comes with both editions.

Of course there would be people choosing the Limited Edition, but not many.

And just like with the flashlight. Of course people would think that the flashlight is amazing, but common sense would tell you that a majority would not like it. I also do not want anyone to turn around and say well how do you know majority of people wouldn't like it?

You know how I know? Because we are human. We want better and more expensive. We want something that is going to look nice and give us more bang for our buck. That is the Freedom Edition hands down. The box, the journal, and the DLC's will have everyone picking that edition.

They teach you this in Psych 101.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't know how that is true. At least in America when ever a used game is sold that is 100 percent profit to the company selling the game i.e Game Stop. The more used copies being bought the less money goes to the developer and publisher.

There is a reason why companies are doing online passes and/or codes to play the single player game.

They use online passes because they want more, not because they need more. I was searching about this, several Video Game Analysis, show that the amount they lose is negligable. And the online is stupid in it's own self, why? when you buy the game, you already payed for the server spot, if you the game too somebody else, they aren't costing them another server.

MB1025
07-05-2012, 12:38 AM
They use online passes because they want more, not because they need more. I was searching about this, several Video Game Analysis, show that the amount they lose is negligable. And the online is stupid in it's own self, why? when you buy the game, you already payed for the server spot, if you the game too somebody else, they aren't costing them another server.

Again that is not correct. Say both you and I want Dead Space 3. That game comes with an online pass. I go out and buy the game and activate the pass. I turn around and give the game instead of you having to go out and buy it. Or you decide to buy a used copy. In both cases they lose a sale from some who wanted to purchase the game.

Trust me there is a reason why these pass codes, talks of digital only, and banning used games in systems are floating around. Not every company is an Ubisoft or EA. They need every sale they can get.

However if Ubisoft keeps acting like EA with the DLC and Editions for certain markets more and more people will begin to take notice.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Dead Space 3 looks crap....simplfied too an action game for the masses, why would you buy that? it was explained by the EA that the whole idea of the online pass is the server thing, but when somebody pays for his ''spot'' lets say, and he gives the game too somebody else, that spot is covered up by the others dudes game.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Again that is not correct. Say both you and I want Dead Space 3. That game comes with an online pass. I go out and buy the game and activate the pass. I turn around and give the game instead of you having to go out and buy it. Or you decide to buy a used copy. In both cases they lose a sale from some who wanted to purchase the game.

Trust me there is a reason why these pass codes, talks of digital only, and banning used games in systems are floating around. Not every company is an Ubisoft or EA. They need every sale they can get.

However if Ubisoft keeps acting like EA with the DLC and Editions for certain markets more and more people will begin to take notice.
They lose sales, yes, but most major game companies barely lose money from it. Most losses are caused by online sharing of cracked versions of games and even those are barely a dent in a large game company's income. In fact it's actually indie game developers that are suffering the most because of this. Online passes really aren't all that necessary (yet) in that respect.

Eurostar7
07-05-2012, 04:10 AM
UbiGabe isnt around to talk to us, so where is Mr. Shade? Nobody is going to come on here and address us huge and loyal fans in NA about the disgrace of a CE/LE that was recently announced? You are not only displeaing NA fans, but European fans living in NA like myself.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 04:11 AM
UbiGabe dosen't really care, you either buy it or tough luck, that's it for them.

kn1ghtoftruth
09-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Just found out that it looks like our NA version WILL have GW's Notebook! That is so awesome! Completely made the difference in whether I was going to get the CE or not - It didn't seem right that I'd have to order a UK version just to get a journal. Thanks UBI for doing right by us!

(p.s. for your marketing dept, I could care less about the belt buckle) :)