PDA

View Full Version : Assassinís Creed 3 DLC appeal on PS3

im3jia
06-06-2012, 05:08 PM
"If you missed Sony’s E3 conference, you would have missed an important announcement regarding Assassin’s Creed 3 on the PS3. Sony and Ubisoft revealed at E3 that buying the PS3 version will get you four exclusive single player missions that won’t be available on any other platform.

The announcement was brief, but in a few months time when the game releases this is surely going to make a massive difference when you come to pick up the game, as four new exclusive missions is quite a helping of bonus content. There’s no specific details on what these missions will entail, but we expect Ubisoft to disclose additional details nearer release.

Aside from these exclusive missions, Sony also announced an Assassin’s Creed 3 console bundle that will be available on the same day as Assassin’s Creed 3 launches – October 30. Unfortunately, the console isn’t any special AC-designed one though, just your bog standard PS3 slim. There are also some reports that the exclusive missions are tied to the bundle only, but we’re pretty sure that it relates to the standalone game on PS3 as well. We’ll try to clear that up if more details arise.

In the world where all Call of Duty and Skyrim DLC land on the Xbox 360 first, is this a fair outcome for PS3 users in your opinion? It’s a shame that all these DLC exclusivity shenanigans exist in our opinion, but it looks like this trend will continue well into the next-generation and beyond."

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/06/06/assassins-creed-3-dlc-appeal-on-ps3/

jmk1999
06-06-2012, 05:22 PM
i heard about it, and as a ps3 owner, i think it's great and all to get additional dlc... but as a gamer that has missed out on other dlc that's 360 exclusive, i think it's pretty lame. honestly, dlc shouldn't dictate the constant and on-going console wars... the quality of the game and what games are on what consoles should. but i guess we're getting to a point where they feel a need to up the ante. i don't know...

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 05:25 PM
i heard about it, and as a ps3 owner, i think it's great and all to get additional dlc... but as a gamer that has missed out on other dlc that's 360 exclusive, i think it's pretty lame. honestly, dlc shouldn't dictate the constant and on-going console wars... the quality of the game and what games are on what consoles should. but i guess we're getting to a point where they feel a need to up the ante. i don't know...
I agree, I mean 4 missions ? There was a sort of an Uproar over the Copernicus Conspiracy missions..
But this.. just Wow 4 Missions ? Im happy and sad at the same time..

ProletariatPleb
06-06-2012, 05:27 PM
It's Brotherhood Copernicus DLC all over again :/

Assassin_M
06-06-2012, 05:28 PM
It's Brotherhood Copernicus DLC all over again :/
Its worse, believe me..

Josegtx13
06-06-2012, 05:28 PM
As a 360 owner, I'm just going to have to see these 4 missions on YouTube : /

Man do I hate exclusive console DLC, regardless of which console is getting it.

ProletariatPleb
06-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Its worse, believe me..
As if me being a PC gamer isn't enough punishment already these days, delays and stuff, now I 4 missions will be taken away from me as well :/

Locopells
06-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Nah, don't worry about it. I'm on PC and a little bugged after the Copernicus Conspiracy thing, but watched them you YouTube where they were mostly 'Run here and deliver this letter on time/protect recipient', and not actually very interesting.

These will probably be something similar - note they say 'missions', not 'maps'.

Josegtx13
06-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Nah, don't worry about it. I'm on PC and a little bugged after the Copernicus Conspiracy thing, but watched them you YouTube where they were mostly 'Run here and deliver this letter on time/protect recipient', and not actually very interesting.

These will probably be something similar - note they say 'missions', not 'maps'.

I really hope you're right.

ProletariatPleb
06-06-2012, 05:41 PM

I saw them too, it was just delivering letters and saving a few people I think but those had some badass dialogues :P something like "The Borgia can't protect anything from me."

SleezeRocker
06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
As a PS3 player, all I can say is 'Cool' but you know it's common now a days. Like Resident evil 6 is going to have osme addons first on the xbox first than PS3.
But oh well, some addons ain't going to upste from playing THE game ;)

This is how it usually goes down:
PS3 exclusive/early addon(s)=Xbox players mad
Xbox exclusive/earlyaddon(s)=PS3 players mad
Wii players= More Zelda ;)

playassassins1
06-06-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm a PS3 owner and I like it, but at the same time console exclusive content sucks..... Just like Console Exclusive games, like I want to buy SC: Blacklist but its a console exclusive.

I think that Xbox and PS3 should be equal, in content and in games.

Locopells
06-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Just like Console Exclusive games, like I want to buy SC: Blacklist but its a console exclusive.

WHAT!!!!!! Don't do that to my heart!

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/splinter_cell_blacklist/news/splinter_cell_blacklist_coming_to_ps3_and_pc_too.h tml

playassassins1
06-06-2012, 06:11 PM
WHAT!!!!!! Don't do that to my heart!

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/splinter_cell_blacklist/news/splinter_cell_blacklist_coming_to_ps3_and_pc_too.h tml

Yess!!! Finally! I can play SC on my PS3!

lukaszep
06-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Console exclusive stuff is annoying. But you win some and lose some. It works both ways for both consoles (and PC).
I'm sure the missions aren't going to be major, impacting the story much. And they definitely won't be as big as the pre-order missions e.g. ghosts of war.

AnthonyA85
06-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Agreed.

I highly doubt these four missions will add anything of any real significance to the overall story, just like the Copernicus missions added nothing to ACB. And, if i remember correctly, that was later released on all platforms.

But i guess i'll still be watching on youtube.

I just hope that everyone gets to play the MP beta this time round, and not just PS3 owners.

Sick_one12
06-06-2012, 08:12 PM
By the love of god.i hope the ps3 exclusive content doesnt have something to do with Desmond:eek:
we already have few Desmond sections so this would be the ultimate kick to the balls:eek:
i really hope its only going to be some unspectacular assassination/delivering missions:)
No offence,ps3 owners,but i think you understand us;)

Josegtx13
06-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Agreed.

I highly doubt these four missions will add anything of any real significance to the overall story, just like the Copernicus missions added nothing to ACB. And, if i remember correctly, that was later released on all platforms.

But i guess i'll still be watching on youtube.

I just hope that everyone gets to play the MP beta this time round, and not just PS3 owners.

Copernicus Conspiracy was never released to the other platforms.

pacmanate
06-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Four?!!!!