PDA

View Full Version : Strayed from the original formula.

DILLIGAFIGJAM
06-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi AC lovers, I have been a huge fan of the series until playing AC Revelations. I understand the need to create divirsity and change (for the better) but this release has been found wanting in so many areas. Your team may want to consider a simple addition like "restart from last checkpoint" or something similar, some of these scripted scenes followed by a 5 - 10 minute sequence only to fail the sync and have to do the entire thing again is just stupid. A skip function for scripted scenes would be nice too, as much as I love the work you all put into them, I only want to see them once, forcing me to watch them repeatedly is just plain annoying. Gameplay is not as smooth as previous releases either, I think all the new weapons are great but they do not become part of the character, it is a stop - start find this, line that up, it is more like a strat game now than an action/adventure as previous releases have felt. Some of the quests/objectives are not clearly depicted so failure is usually the first step then you figure out for yourself what to do (it should be clear what the goal is). All in all I love the graphics as they are always awesome but I will probably wait until others have purchased AC3 and given their opinions before spending my money on another realease, yes, I am that dissapointed. Can I just say, AC and AC2 were the very best in what you have produced, please consider sticking to the original formula as it worked, and I don't believe I would be the only fan to be dissapointed by this release.

Your previous releases are amazing and worth the money and the hype that came with them, please remember what it was that made those games so good and bring it back for future releases. If your games are going to continue with the current trend then I and I am sure others will spend our money elsewhere.

Thankyou for your time, I was a huge fan, and hope to be again.

Scystab
06-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Your team may want to consider a simple addition like "restart from last checkpoint" or something similar, some of these scripted scenes followed by a 5 - 10 minute sequence only to fail the sync and have to do the entire thing again is just stupid.

HIey and welcome to the forums.

This has already been confirmed months ago ;) so you might want to check a couple of facts before getting so dissapointed: One of those facts is also, that AC3 is in development for almost 3 years now, which means it was developed DURING ACB and R. So it is quite obvious that Revelations had to suffer because of the first stages of AC3 finalisation, so that's what kept me from being annoyed - knowing they were working on something mega uber. And my hopes were justified by the E3 trailers this week.

I do agree however, that some scenes are missing the skip option, like the cinematics have :) I think you won't be dissapointed with AC3, as Ubisoft is still loyal to the original formula, to phrase it with your own words :) (the dev team stated several times that they are bringing back the AC2 hype we missed iso much n ACR) :)

/peace out, Scy