PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3, English no buy

smashpotatoboy
06-05-2012, 03:44 PM
English and American are the top people who buy assassins creed games but this time not meany English people are going to but this game as in this one you are killing the English. No one wants to kill there own country. Im just saying that they should not upset one of there main buyers. Next time make a game that every is happy to kill, like Nazi's. So just letting you know that this game wont be as popular as the others.

ProletariatPleb
06-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Just to let you know, we killed English in AC1 as well. It was in the Third Crusades!
Do you hear Germans or Russians complaining about being the bad guys in like almost every shooter?

Open-minded, sensible people will still buy the game if they like it.

MarleyMon81
06-05-2012, 03:54 PM
As has been stated numerous, numerous times...CONNOR IS AFTER TEMPLARS THAT ARE ON BOTH SIDES.

ACI had Altair going after targets on both sdies of the Crusades and there wasn't a bit moan about it. I just do not get where the thin skinned thing is coming through with this game for some reason. Is it because it involes both of our histories? In the context of the GAME does it disturb me that Connor will be after Pats and Red Coats? No, and why is that?

BECAUSE IT IS IN THE CONTEXT OF A GAME!

Enjoy the game and believe me, a few that are upset about the game's targets is not going to dampen the impact or overall sales of one of the hottest titles this year.

LightRey
06-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Yes. Meany English people will not buy this game. Mean people don't like AC. :nonchalance:

lukaszep
06-05-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm English and what you're saying is that I think like this?-
"I have no problem playing games where I kill: Turkish, Italians, and many nationalities and people belonging to other cultures in the holy lands. But killing English? God forbid!"

This continuing argument about killing the English is becoming incredibly frustrating. No one is a pure nationality anyway, everyone has other races, people from other countries mixed in their heritage anyway. We didn't all just get born in one country one day. Americans are originally English, Irish, Scottish, French and a tonne of other nationalities. So the argument is pointless.
I'm not really sure where you stand in the argument OP, but making this topic seems pretty unnecessary.

smashpotatoboy
06-05-2012, 04:02 PM
As AC3 is more up to date with history more people will be upset because of what they believe in. Germans or Russians have a different view on things as they agree on who there killing is for a good reason Like Hitler.

freddie_1897
06-05-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm English, I'm buying it, as are 99% of the English fans.

Dont be so sensitive about it, it's not that big a deal

itsamea-mario
06-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Hey OP, i think you're stupid and those who raised you did a terrible job.

smashpotatoboy
06-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I dont mid the first one as the English are dieing for a good reason to save the place and the English people who live there . But im this one i believe that the English kings and people like that should not die , its a really big deal you probably dont know the story of the war anyway but if you did you would agree with me. They changed the story of the war making the American's win instead of English. Im not angry and there's no need to say insults.

SaintPerkele
06-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Hello OP, both of my grandfathers fought in WWII for Germany, despite not being nazis. Guess who are the usual enemies in WWII games though? Just a hint, it's not a high-ranked nazi, as most of them commited suicide or where executed. Food for thoughts maybe, there is no such thing as a "good" kill.

AlexFly
06-05-2012, 04:17 PM
@ thread starter : It's a video game, dude !

smashpotatoboy
06-05-2012, 04:19 PM
250 people and counting agree with me but younger people don't as they don't know what happens in the war and why people are being killed.

lfc908
06-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm english and of course I'll buy the game it looks epic. I'm just hoping it connor becomes neutral and not perma pro-american

itsamea-mario
06-05-2012, 04:29 PM
250 people and counting agree with me but younger people don't as they don't know what happens in the war and why people are being killed.

proof?
and 250 isn't very much at all.

Goxxi
06-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm sure there will be a targets in blue coats either and central story is a war beetwen Assassins and Templars not beetwen the Americans and British.

I think It's very important that people realize that was not American-British war then that was British civil war on foreign territory and in that war It were a 2 sides : British who were loyal to the king and rebels.
In that time american nation didn't exist yet and even on some way It doesn't exists even now , that's practically one artifical nation couse in US only Indians can be a real Americans and other people who lives there can be only a citizens of America (For example in US we there are many nations who lives there : Italians, Irish , Africans, Greeks....etc and almost nobody stopped to be Italian, Irish, African, Greek or whatever couse he is american citizen)

MarleyMon81
06-05-2012, 04:38 PM

I'm 32 years old and know my Revolution era history from both the colonists side and British side. Also being 32 years old I've learned how to seperate fact from fiction. 251 others might need to as well. It is a beaten down argument since the story was revealed. I just do not see the problem when other nationalities for years have been the face of video game baddies.

UrDeviant1
06-05-2012, 04:41 PM
OP, are you even English? When I read your posts I just get the Impression English Isn't your first language?

freddie_1897
06-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Can we all just agree that evil people in all groups of people, nazis, redcoats, ottomans, etc. are the higher ranked officers? In nazi Germany the soldiers may have killed but they were forced by their officers? The same goes for every military group on earth, the evil ones are the powerful ones

Andouce
06-05-2012, 04:45 PM
I will definatley be buying this game regardless,

Scince i am from "Britain" and am "British"....From my point of view anyway.....

As ubisoft has said numerous times, the assassin is neutral and fights against templars etc,
I just find it hard to believe that you are neutral because no trailers or screenshots i have seen, has the assassin been fighting or on neutral grounds. It has always so far up till now certainly, been that the so called "Templars" are British. In my opinion they haven't really proved this point. But.....I agree with the point made previously. The game is not about British vs Americans which i respect. I just would like to start seeing these "Templars" on both sides, "British and American". Anyway lets not go down that road. :P
I must say though that i am looking forward toward this game and i hope that it becomes as succesful as its pre-decessors ^^

Serrachio
06-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Hey OP, i think you're stupid and those who raised you did a terrible job.

I don't care whether you're going to try and pass this off as a joke, but that was not necessary at all.

The OP might be wrong in this case, and I don't care whether this is "wannabe modding" or not, but what gives you the right to take that sort of tone?

johnnyhayek
06-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Well, have you ever thought about how us Middle Eastern people feel when most games or movies depict us as enemies? Just because your leaders speak bull**** and lies doesn't make your people heroes. Accept the fact that you can be enemies as well and shut the f up please. Really excited for AC3 by the way.

misterB2001
06-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Obvious troll is obvious

itsamea-mario
06-05-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't care whether you're going to try and pass this off as a joke, but that was not necessary at all.

The OP might be wrong in this case, and I don't care whether this is "wannabe modding" or not, but what gives you the right to take that sort of tone?

no joke, i think he's stupid and his parents/guardians failed at raising him.
he also probably smells and can't tie his shoelaces.

itsamea-mario
06-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Well, have you ever thought about how us Middle Eastern people feel when most games or movies depict us as enemies? Just because your leaders speak bull**** and lies doesn't make your people heroes. Accept the fact that you can be enemies as well and shut the f up please. Really excited for AC3 by the way.

Are you going to eat my baby?

freddie_1897
06-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Seeing as back then the colonials were British too the way I see it is that I'm British colonial as opposed to British redcoat

Oh and I agree with johnnyhayek completely, you think we're depicted as bad? Well you ain't got nothing on the Arabs, I'm frankly disgusted at how many video game portray them as evil. Grow up and don't be so over sensitive, you're making all the Brits here look bad

UrDeviant1
06-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm just a badass Assassin, willing to kill anything with a pulse. :cool: So you better hide your wives and children :mad:

pacmanate
06-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey OP. Bye.

smashpotatoboy
06-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I agree on about Templars but i just saying that im on the British side and i dont full agree who we are killing here. Im not saying "oh we cant have this and British are better" or any of that crap. I jst dont what the next do be like this.

OriginalMiles
06-05-2012, 05:06 PM
I am English, I will murder as many redcoats as I can!

OriginalMiles
06-05-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm just a badass Assassin, willing to kill anything with a pulse. :cool: So you better hide your wives and children :mad:
Hide your kids
Hide your wife
Hide your kids
Hide your wife
And hide your husbands 'cos he's assassinating everybody out there!

RzaRecta357
06-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Oh god. I just had to post to say I haven't been around since their hasn't been any information until yesterday. Mario. You crack me up. I missed your brand of stfu and don't post ******ed.

Serrachio
06-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I agree on about Templars but i just saying that im on the British side and i dont full agree who we are killing here. Im not saying "oh we cant have this and British are better" or any of that crap. I jst dont what the next do be like this.

No one but you is making you buy the game. If you do, then trust in Ubisoft's ability to tell a well-written story, otherwise, you'll just have to miss out.

pacmanate
06-05-2012, 05:13 PM

I will hide my WIVES, cause imma playa

smashpotatoboy
06-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Im not saying its a bad game i just dont agree full on the people who we are killing here. Im not saying we should kill American's but just something that where all happy here.

Locopells
06-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Guys, really? Again with this?

jmk1999
06-05-2012, 05:38 PM
i sense this entire thread was meant to bring every troll here up out of the wood work and cause complete and utter chaos... well, i got news for you: DENIED!

topic closed. any further arguing, trolling, etc. on this matter from anyone (regardless of your seniority, social status, etc.) will be dealt with a swift act of justice (with a ban hammer probably)! or something like that... this matter has been brought up time and time again and as many of you know, it will not be tolerated. enjoy. :)