PDA

View Full Version : E3 2012: First Assassin's Creed 3 multiplayer info released 4 vs 4 fights! King of t

AlexEzio89
06-05-2012, 02:54 PM
We've got the very first info on Assassin's Creed III's multiplayer mode, in development at Ubisoft Annecy, and it's interesting stuff. The big news is a new 4 vs 4 mode called Domination, which is loosely based on the classic King of the Hill gameplay.

In Domination two teams of four fight for control over three areas on a map. Once an area is captured, you earn points for 'owning' that spot. Holding zones is likely to be tricky, because you'll be hunted by an unknown assassin (or two) just like in Brotherhood and Revelations.

There will of course be loads of new maps and characters, each of which will be faithful to the new setting and time period. The first map to be shown is called The Northwest Passage, which includes an ice-bound boat to explore. There are also three confirmed characters (with loads more to be revealed) called The Commander, The Carpenter and The Lady Maverick.

Another new feature is the ability to use the environment in your kills. We haven't seen it in action, and the press literature is vague, but it seems like you'll be able to either collapse walls on enemies (for example) or somehow integrate walls into your kill animation for even more spectacular murder. It's also likely that the new cover system from the single player will appear in online too. We know that the dynamic weather will feature in multiplayer maps - can't wait to see how tense a fog-covered session will be.
Other new info includes the introduction of a third active ability slot, several new weapons including the poison dart, which lets you perform delayed kills, and the merging of the 'Kill/Stun' abilities onto a single button. There's a new perk called 'Unstoppable' which will allow you to run through chasebreakers and dense crowds.

SOURCE:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/350666/first-assassins-creed-3-multiplayer-info-released/

Serrachio
06-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Of all the ****ing things to add, Poison darts and merging the Kill and Stun buttons? Seriously?

I can't believe it. And not in a good way.

Edit: Domination also sounds uninspired. They've already got Chest Capture, so why take the same basic premise and recycle it?

How is it so hard to come up with varied game modes?

RzaRecta357
06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Hmm. Stun and kill buttons are the same. Not a big difference, is there? But, poison darts? Sheesh.

Anyway, I have no problems with any of this. I want them to do something about those pansies who use a smoke bomb, then stand around gaining incognito before stabbing you. I love to go into a room and actually stalk/stealth kill my way to the top. I feel like i've completely owned them when I do that. Using their cheesy mechanics.

AlexEzio89
06-05-2012, 03:16 PM
You're absolutely right man, but Domination is not the same thing with caputre chest?
not a problem to be the same button, stun and kill

SixKeys
06-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Of all the ****ing things to add, Poison darts and merging the Kill and Stun buttons? Seriously?

I can't believe it. And not in a good way.

Edit: Domination also sounds uninspired. They've already got Chest Capture, so why take the same basic premise and recycle it?

How is it so hard to come up with varied game modes?

^ This.

Not happy about Poison Darts, not at all. Poison used to take skill, that's why it could net you so many points. This sounds like it'll be massively abused. And I wish that instead of coming up with new game modes they'd fix the already existing problems. How about news on whether Smoke Bomb has been made less overpowered, or even entirely removed? Or whether they're planning on investing in reliable servers?
And a third ability slot, really? As if two weren't already the cause of enough griefing. The "Unstoppable" perk doesn't sound 'new', it's just merging two already existing perks.

The ACB multiplayer was so close to being perfect. Why do they insist on trying to ruin a great premise?

freddie_1897
06-05-2012, 03:22 PM
First details guys, the first, they've still got more to announce, how do you guys know they haven't fixed the current problems? You don't, I'd wait until you've heard more about it.

AlexEzio89
06-05-2012, 03:24 PM
first details guys, the first, they've still got more to announce, how do you guys know they haven't fixed the current problems? You don't, i'd wait until you've heard more about it.

corect! But repet domination is not same with chest capture?

Serrachio
06-05-2012, 03:26 PM
You're absolutely right man, but Domination is not the same thing with caputre chest?
not a problem to be the same button, stun and kill

Hmm. Stun and kill buttons are the same. Not a big difference, is there? But, poison darts? Sheesh.

Anyway, I have no problems with any of this. I want them to do something about those pansies who use a smoke bomb, then stand around gaining incognito before stabbing you. I love to go into a room and actually stalk/stealth kill my way to the top. I feel like i've completely owned them when I do that. Using their cheesy mechanics.

Actually, Domination sounds pretty much like Chest Capture. It requires you to stand in an area for a brief time to earn points.

Also, merging the Kill and Stun buttons IS a problem. Think of an instance where you're stalking your target, and then your pursuer rushes at you and you are forced to use a smoke bomb to defend yourself.

What is going to happen? If Kill and Stun are merged, will you end up killing your target, wasting your defensive Smoke Bomb, to then get killed by your pursuer for poor points on their part?

Or will you stun your pursuer, then giving you away and getting you stunned by your target, when you could have had the opportunity to poison them for a lot of points?

This is why Kill and Stun should be seperate. If they want a button free, take out the Taunts. They add no real use to the multiplayer, other than making you vulnerable for something as petty as bragging rights. The only real function it has/had in ACR's multiplayer was for the challenges, but Ubisoft only added them in as an excuse for the feature.

SixKeys
06-05-2012, 03:28 PM
First details guys, the first, they've still got more to announce, how do you guys know they haven't fixed the current problems? You don't, I'd wait until you've heard more about it.

Because the staggering amount of current problems has been the MP community's biggest concern ever since.... well, since Brotherhood, really. For months and months extracting any information on upcoming fixes from Ubisoft has been like pulling teeth. Now that we finally get some official word on the new MP's development, they choose to tell us about new game modes and abilities? How about: "Fans, don't worry, we've heard your concerns and have been working hard to fix all the old problems. On TOP of that, we're also introducing a couple of new things"? But no. I'm worried they haven't been listening to the fans at all and haven't bothered to fix the existing bugs, just keep piling new crap on top of them in the hopes that people won't notice.

AlexEzio89
06-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Because the staggering amount of current problems has been the MP community's biggest concern ever since.... well, since Brotherhood, really. For months and months extracting any information on upcoming fixes from Ubisoft has been like pulling teeth. Now that we finally get some official word on the new MP's development, they choose to tell us about new game modes and abilities? How about: "Fans, don't worry, we've heard your concerns and have been working hard to fix all the old problems. On TOP of that, we're also introducing a couple of new things"? But no. I'm worried they haven't been listening to the fans at all and haven't bothered to fix the existing bugs, just keep piling new crap on top of them in the hopes that people won't notice.

corect

luckyto
06-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Also, merging the Kill and Stun buttons IS a problem. Think of an instance where you're stalking your target, and then your pursuer rushes at you and you are forced to use a smoke bomb to defend yourself.

What is going to happen? If Kill and Stun are merged, will you end up killing your target, wasting your defensive Smoke Bomb, to then get killed by your pursuer for poor points on their part?

Or will you stun your pursuer, then giving you away and getting you stunned by your target, when you could have had the opportunity to poison them for a lot of points?

This is why Kill and Stun should be seperate. If they want a button free, take out the Taunts. They add no real use to the multiplayer, other than making you vulnerable for something as petty as bragging rights. The only real function it has/had in ACR's multiplayer was for the challenges, but Ubisoft only added them in as an excuse for the feature.

^This. Thank you for creating A HUGE problem. This type of scenario happens almost every match.

I'm sure they are trying to.. in some way... address the stun prompt giveaway issue. This is not how to do it.

UrDeviant1
06-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Poison darts? are you kidding!? weren't hidden guns enough to help stupid people get kills?

Otherwise, the rest sounds good and there's still a lot more to hear regarding MP.

Mind you, I do get what Serrachio Is saying. This could be an Issue.

pacmanate
06-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Oh, so basically CoD domination? lame.

UrDeviant1
06-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Oh, so basically CoD domination? lame.

*palm met face*

GLHS
06-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I agree with everything being said here. Hopefully the rest of the info we get will be promising and the existing problems will end up being fixed. Sorta disappointed with this right now.