PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III E3 Reaction

razaqazy
06-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Hey Guys,
After waiting all night and constantly checking the time, I am exhausted but not without reason. AC3 is the only reason I was excited for E3 and the game demo is THE best I have seen all day. I loved every bit of that trailer and demo and now waiting for October to arrive is highly taxing.

What about you guys? Loved what you saw?

danielgervide
06-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Splinter Cell Blacklist @ microsoft conference - also convinced me a lot.
And cod:bo2 for the campaign.

But yeah,,, Ac3 was the reason i was seeing the whole E3, no more worries,, i'm sure i will buy the game :D

razaqazy
06-05-2012, 12:29 AM
The Splinter Cell demo also piqued my interest as well. As for Black Ops, I have yet to see that.

JumpInTheFire13
06-05-2012, 01:42 AM
I watched for ACIII. I'm now thinking more about Watch Dogs

SixKeys
06-05-2012, 01:59 AM

Gotta agree. While AC3 was impressive, I wasn't expecting anything else to hold my attention yet Watch Dogs had me completely captivated. Maybe because it had more stealth than AC. :p

Assassin_M
06-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Gotta agree. While AC3 was impressive, I wasn't expecting anything else to hold my attention yet Watch Dogs had me completely captivated. Maybe because it had more stealth than AC. :p
It was stealthier than last year xD No doubt

naran6142
06-05-2012, 02:04 AM
It was stealthier than last year xD No doubt

lol true, but i liked ACRs trailer better than this years, maybe just cuz it was ezio

Assassin_M
06-05-2012, 02:10 AM
lol true, but i liked ACRs trailer better than this years, maybe just cuz it was ezio
ACR`s WAS my favorite..
Im in love with the new one :o

SixKeys
06-05-2012, 02:10 AM

Yeah, this CG trailer was definitely my least favorite of all the games. I prefer the ones that tell something about the character or have like a mini-story. This was just an extended battle scene.

The gameplay is most important though and that looked promising.

Assassin_M
06-05-2012, 02:13 AM
Yeah, this CG trailer was definitely my least favorite of all the games. I prefer the ones that tell something about the character or have like a mini-story. This was just an extended battle scene.

The gameplay is most important though and that looked promising.
See ? This is criticism..
Not just "The game sucks"
Thanks, good friend

luckyto
06-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Honestly, it was the best looking presentation for Assassin's Creed since maybe 1 or 2. I thought it looked awesome... I'm extremely happy. I loved the trailer, but the gameplay sold me.

What I liked the most (and I liked a LOT) was it appears they have finally figured out how to deal with guns in melee combat. The combat in Brotherhood and Revelations is significantly marred by the gun. It had no good fluid counter except with another gun/ranged weapon. This was particularly annoying with Janissaries, whom otherwise, might have been fun to cross swords with in a good fight. In ACIII, it appears that by using an enemy body as a shield is an excellent way to bring back fluidity and counter the ranged weapon. Because, I know, if the combat is good, then the game will work.

Other notables -
- Freerunning looked natural and is an organic extension to the existing mechanics, even if it is in trees.
- The graphics look phenomenal
- Connor, at first glance, seems much more appealing than Ezio
- The music score sounded extremely impressive

I'm excited, and I was a huge skeptic.

gamertam
06-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Splinter Cell Blacklist looks cool i won't mind picking it up day one, considering i enjoyed SC Conviction very much. The video i saw gameplay wise was similar to Conviction. Which was Mark and Execute headshots style. I guess they call it: combat-stealth. Looking forward to more clips, videos, and interviews etc. Oh, where's the original voice for Sam Fisher???:confused:

Assassin's Creed III's trailer was awesome. I like everything about it. But, like someone have post earlier. I'm not 100% convinced. Idk, maybe there should be some sort of back story and not soo much on combat. I still in awe how great was AC2 Ezio's Destiny trailer video.

LightRey
06-05-2012, 07:42 AM
I loved every single bit of it. The graphics, the gameplay, the friggin epicness!

Also loving what Connor's face (and hair xD) looks like btw.

playassassins1
06-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Have you noticed the aiming system for your Bow? Its not Free Aim, and its also not auto aim, Kind of a mix of each other.

BATISTABUS
06-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Stealth still doesn't matter.

blazefp
06-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Have you noticed the aiming system for your Bow? Its not Free Aim, and its also not auto aim, Kind of a mix of each other.

Yeah I was gonna say that. I was hoping it was full free aim though, kinda of disappointed me but it's not bad. Maybe they'll leave an option of auto-aim, half auto-aim and totally free aim, idk I still have hopes xD

playassassins1
06-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Stealth still doesn't matter.

Well, they said that you can approach missions allot of ways, Ubisoft approached it with allot of action. Simpy because it would make more people watch it.

I think stealth will play a bigger roll in this game.

brefcourte
06-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I find Assassins Creed III extremly violent. It is more violent than any previous Assassins Creed game. I guess Connor is really a psycho with aggresive distortions! In addition, i hope that it is only an option to kill the innocent animals ...

blazefp
06-05-2012, 02:29 PM
I find Assassins Creed III extremly violent. It is more violent than any previous Assassins Creed game. I guess Connor is really a psycho with aggresive distortions! In addition, i hope that it is only an option to kill the innocent animals ...

Noooo, when you spot a squirrel u gotta kill him!
He killed that deer probably because of the meat, then 3 wolves attack him, what was he supposed to do? Of course he killed them, it was them or he

Azugo
06-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Yup, me too. Was definitely not expecting that...

While ACIII still looked very good, Watch Dogs had me captivated.

kudos17
06-05-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about Blacklist. Conviction was fun, but Blacklist looks like an on-rails movie. I'll have to see about that one. Plus, no Ironside :(

Black Ops 2 looks like another attempt at "revamping" Call of Duty, which is unimpressive. The sci-fi setting is interesting, but the gameplay is in no way innovative. Go here, watch these explosions, go there, kill some people, go here, watch this cutscene... Oh, no! Unexpected crash! Slow-mo ringing in your ears! *Yaaaawn*...

But anyway, this is about AC3. Which was absolutely fantastic. I re-watch the demo at least twice a day. Looks like so much fun :D

And Far Cry 3 looks good, too. So really, Blacklist, Far Cry, and AC3 are all that are on my list this fall.

brefcourte
06-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Noooo, when you spot a squirrel u gotta kill him!
He killed that deer probably because of the meat, then 3 wolves attack him, what was he supposed to do? Of course he killed them, it was them or he

if its due to the nutrition, i'd like to have an vegeterian farmer option! (after a portal like sidegame, a harvest moon like sidegame is the natural continuation! )

D173120T
06-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Not liking this at all.i will save my money for GTA V and get this when its in the bargain bin.

GeneralTrumbo
06-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Not liking this at all.i will save my money for GTA V and get this when its in the bargain bin.
Get off the AC forums, you fool.

playassassins1
06-05-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about Blacklist. Conviction was fun, but Blacklist looks like an on-rails movie. I'll have to see about that one. Plus, no Ironside :(

Black Ops 2 looks like another attempt at "revamping" Call of Duty, which is unimpressive. The sci-fi setting is interesting, but the gameplay is in no way innovative. Go here, watch these explosions, go there, kill some people, go here, watch this cutscene... Oh, no! Unexpected crash! Slow-mo ringing in your ears! *Yaaaawn*...

But anyway, this is about AC3. Which was absolutely fantastic. I re-watch the demo at least twice a day. Looks like so much fun :D

And Far Cry 3 looks good, too. So really, Blacklist, Far Cry, and AC3 are all that are on my list this fall.

These 3 games, Plus Dishonored and Crysis 3

D173120T
06-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote by the idiot General Trumble.............Get off the AC forums, you fool.

I'm sorry if my right to freedom of speech offends you.I posted MY reaction,so if you dont like it,sod back off to North Korea!

D.I.D.
06-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I liked the movement a lot, especially the way you have to move in knee-deep snow and the comparable fluidity in the trees. I was especially impressed by the way Conner leapt into the crooks of Y-shaped branches. It was also good to see the handholds on rocks being more natural in form. As a PC player, I think it confirms that anybody with a GTX200-series card or above can stick with it for ACIII, but I think I might finally invest in an SSD drive and clone my C: drive onto that.

Watch Dogs, though. That was a great surprise, looks like exactly the kind of game I'd like.

SleezeRocker
06-05-2012, 06:55 PM
AC3 was freakin impressive. I definately got that anxious feeling from 3 years ago when AC2 was shown!

ZombiU actually looks cool too. Kind of looks like a lil something (current) Resident evil could have been. Don't get me wrong defiantely looking forward to RE6 too, but I just like the 'survival' adrenaline rush feel (like Last of Us?)

Oh man all I know is....we may possibly be broke by christmas time....yet satisfied ;)

D.I.D.
06-05-2012, 06:58 PM
ZombiU actually looks cool too. Kind of looks like a lil something (current) Resident evil could have been. Don't get me wrong defiantely looking forward to RE6 too, but I just like the 'survival' adrenaline rush feel (like Last of Us?)

Did I miss some gameplay somewhere? All I saw was some 3d concept art, with the camera spinning around it. I still have no idea what that game is, and if the trailer of Dead Island has taught people anything about zombie games, then... ;)

freddie_1897
06-05-2012, 06:58 PM

I'm sorry if my right to freedom of speech offends you.I posted MY reaction,so if you dont like it,sod back off to North Korea!
I think he was joking, it might not have been apparent but I think he said that As joke seeing as we're on the AC forums and you said you didn't like the look of it.

freddie_1897
06-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Did I miss some gameplay somewhere? All I saw was some 3d concept art, with the camera spinning around it. I still have no idea what that game is, and if the trailer of Dead Island has taught people anything about zombie games, then... ;)
There was gameplay at the Nintendo press conference

D.I.D.
06-05-2012, 07:00 PM
There was gameplay at the Nintendo press conference

Ah, thanks! I will have to check that out as well then.

D173120T
06-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I think he was joking, it might not have been apparent but I think he said that As joke seeing as we're on the AC forums and you said you didn't like the look of it.
If thats the case then i apologise,you cant always get the gist of whats been said without visual referances such as body language etc.Am i not allowed to say i dont like AC3 so far?

GeneralTrumbo
06-05-2012, 07:02 PM

Learn to spell my name right, please. =)

SleezeRocker
06-05-2012, 07:02 PM

Yeah in Nintendo conference they showed some gameplay. Her you go ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKXB9dhmkyw

D.I.D.
06-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah in Nintendo conference they showed some gameplay. Her you go ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKXB9dhmkyw

Thanks for helping a lazy person :P

That looks excellent. Genuinely creepy, and I like the way they've made use of the new controller.

GeneralTrumbo
06-05-2012, 07:11 PM
If thats the case then i apologise,you cant always get the gist of whats been said without visual referances such as body language etc.Am i not allowed to say i dont like AC3 so far?
What don't you like about it? You gave NOTHING to back up why you didn't like it. You simply said you didn't like naval warfare. Why not? And the story. Umm...you don't even KNOW the story? Same thing about the size of the frontier. You only saw a small percentage of it!

SleezeRocker
06-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks for helping a lazy person :P

That looks excellent. Genuinely creepy, and I like the way they've made use of the new controller.

I know right!? I thought it looked cool! Now if there was another good WiiU to go along with ZombiU, Id probably get a WiiU(2) in holidays ;)
I was honestly hoping to see Smash Bros (3) and idk...wishful thinking some kind of awesome RPG-Pokemon for WiiU :P (Yes I like pokemon games)

D173120T
06-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Ok,i dont feel it follows the AC francise,i dont think that the timeframe makes for a good Assassins Creed.I dont particularly like the tree climbing bit,it seems ungainly and a poor replacement form what has gone before.I bit with the Wolves was OK but it was like the deer and wolves were living about a stone throw from the encampment.The protagonist loks..........well.....................ugly.Ezio was a handsome chap,this one isnt.I just dont get the feeling that this will be as long lived in play terms as previous AC games.What i do like are the animations and the attention to detail,its very good.Sadly a good looking game doesnt make it a GREAT game.As previously stated,SO FAR i havent seen anything to persuade me to buy it.it could of course change as more details are announced.

playassassins1
06-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Ok,i dont feel it follows the AC francise,i dont think that the timeframe makes for a good Assassins Creed.I dont particularly like the tree climbing bit,it seems ungainly and a poor replacement form what has gone before.I bit with the Wolves was OK but it was like the deer and wolves were living about a stone throw from the encampment.The protagonist loks..........well.....................ugly.Ezio was a handsome chap,this one isnt.I just dont get the feeling that this will be as long lived in play terms as previous AC games.What i do like are the animations and the attention to detail,its very good.Sadly a good looking game doesnt make it a GREAT game.As previously stated,SO FAR i havent seen anything to persuade me to buy it.it could of course change as more details are announced.

This one's A troll...

Assassin_M
06-05-2012, 09:04 PM
This one's A troll...
Ah come on, guys..
He`s just saying his opinion, he doesn't like it, YET fine..

BBALive
06-05-2012, 11:05 PM

Everybody has their own opinion, but please make sure your criticism is valid.

Tree climbing is not a replacement, it's an addition.
The 'looks' of a character mean nothing. It doesn't affect gameplay in any way.
Of course it 'follows' the franchise. Desmond is an American, he had to get their somehow.