PDA

View Full Version : Getting Fed Up

naoto1
06-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Okay, I've only been playing this game for a WEEK and I'm already getting frustrated by it. Things are far too expensive, the treats take too long to make (specifically, cookies) and cost energy to collect, the only way to make money at the beginning also costs energy to collect, friends can only staff once per farm, which causes people to add hundreds of strangers to their Facebook (which, frankly, can be dangerous and completely against the idea of Facebook being a safe place to interact with friends), and spawn items generate way too fast. There's still an issue with a required quest item costing $50 real cash, and making multiple treats at a time costs more money/time than making them one at a time. Another thing that'd help is having a way to sell horses that you don't want to keep rather than being stuck with them until they retire and only being able to send them to the rainbow. Especially since stable boxes are incredibly expensive/require staffing and bred horses last so long. These things are not ways to keep people playing your game. Frankly, there have been so many complaints, something should have already been done about these issues. Please fix these things, or I can guarantee you'll lose most, if not all, of your players.

crittercountry
06-04-2012, 04:43 PM
No surprises there. All about Ubi making money.
I HATE that you have to use all your energy point to get rid of a horse. I am now trying to retire a horse that has 36 age points. COME ON!! I want rid of it!
Also the staffing requirement. WHY DID the game not tell us you had to staff these before we spent oodles of money that took forever to make on them!?
WHY does Ubisoft only come up with ideas to make more money and not make game play better??? Because they don't give a crap about the players that's why. Never have and never will.

UBI-Cowhand
06-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Thank you both for the feedback. We appreciate your input and this will be passed on to the dev team.

naoto1
06-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I saw someone else do this, and I think it's a good idea to show you just how frustrating this game can be.

I was playing until 2:15 this morning on this game. When I logged back in today, just a few hours after I logged off, it was to see this:

https://apps.facebook.com/horsehaven/?fb_source=bookmark_apps&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=1_0

So, in order to even touch my horses, I have to spend double the amount of energy I have. Your spawn items come up way too fast, and the only way I've found to (temporarily) combat that is by leaving the Horse Haven window open, even when not playing. And even then, if at any point I need to refresh the page, suddenly there's a dozen or more spawn items again! We can't get anywhere in this game if we're ignoring our horses just to remove weeds.

UBI-Cowhand
06-05-2012, 09:10 PM
I saw someone else do this, and I think it's a good idea to show you just how frustrating this game can be.

I was playing until 2:15 this morning on this game. When I logged back in today, just a few hours after I logged off, it was to see this:

https://apps.facebook.com/horsehaven/?fb_source=bookmark_apps&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=1_0

So, in order to even touch my horses, I have to spend double the amount of energy I have. Your spawn items come up way too fast, and the only way I've found to (temporarily) combat that is by leaving the Horse Haven window open, even when not playing. And even then, if at any point I need to refresh the page, suddenly there's a dozen or more spawn items again! We can't get anywhere in this game if we're ignoring our horses just to remove weeds.

Unfortunately we cannot see the image. Can you take a screenshot to post please?

naoto1
06-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I did, and I've attempted several times to post it here, but for some reason, it doesn't work for me. Basically, my farm had 22 weeds, 8 mayflowers, 6 trees, and 17 things to collect (6 composts, 1 guesthouse, 1 bakery, 1 carrot field, and 8 carrot patches). My total energy cost in order to get to my horses was 59, and I only had 28 energy available (23 to start, plus 5 from my stable hand hut). I have four horses that I'd like to be able to level up, but I can't when it takes me two hours to gain enough energy to clear my farm of weeds.

UBI-Cowhand
06-06-2012, 08:39 PM
I did, and I've attempted several times to post it here, but for some reason, it doesn't work for me. Basically, my farm had 22 weeds, 8 mayflowers, 6 trees, and 17 things to collect (6 composts, 1 guesthouse, 1 bakery, 1 carrot field, and 8 carrot patches). My total energy cost in order to get to my horses was 59, and I only had 28 energy available (23 to start, plus 5 from my stable hand hut). I have four horses that I'd like to be able to level up, but I can't when it takes me two hours to gain enough energy to clear my farm of weeds.

Thanks for the feedback. Even without a screenshot, that will help tremendously! :)

Kholran
06-07-2012, 03:06 AM
I did take a screenshot of what my farm looks like just about every time I start the game. I haven't touched any of my horses AGAIN today because all of my energy has gone to collecting things and clearing weeds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/Kholran/crazyenergy.jpg

I've gone from playing multiple times a day to only a few because it's just not fun doing nothing but clearing weeds. Plus with the staffing requirements making new buildings impossible, I've pretty much just hit a standstill with what I can actually do in the game.

UBI-Cowhand
06-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the screen, Kholan. I'm bringing it to the attention of the team.

Andgus847
06-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I agree with everything that has been brought up in this thread. This game has very little replay value since you spend so much time doing things for very little effort. I also found it hard to grasp a lot of the concepts of this game, doing a lot of the common "newbie" mistakes like buying crap I don't need. I would suggest the following to help improve the game:

- Decrease the spawning of the weeds/trees and other objects you need to clear.
Sometimes these completely blocks a horse from moving and you are forced to spend precious energy points clearing the path.

-Make already bought things count towards a quest
So I did the newbie mistake of buying a rainbow before I got the quest to get one. So to complete the quest, I will need to buy a useless rainbow.
Make it like in Airport City where if you have already purchased it, it counts towards the quest you get later.

- Decrease the time and prices
When it feels like you are working hard and see little to no progress, you lose the interest in the game. Clearing all that weed/trees which takes up most of my gameplay dosen't really add much to the progress. You clean the compost and check the guesthouse and suddenly you are out of energy again. And you are out of treats and you are out of money. Ugh, just thinking about me makes me dread starting the game.

- Better rewards
It's ridiculous to complete a quest spending 5000$ to recieve a 20$ reward with 20 Exp. To me, it feels like quests are both a waste of time and slows the game down. Quests to me are a rewarding way of getting to know the game better, such as learning how to place roads, apple-trees e.t.c
For a new player, it's much more fulfilling to pay 20$ for ten dirt roads and get a 300$ reward for the effort, rather than the opposite. Obviously the game needs to be easy and rewarding in the beginning so you want to continue exploring until it gets more difficult.

KrayzeeKay
06-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Yes I agree...with so many of these.... Please help us enjoy the game and have fun .... Its too cute a game to see so many so un happy with it. Thanks Kayren

UBI-Cowhand
06-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Please keep in mind that we're in beta testing and that all of your input only helps us make the game better and better! :)

bhavenarabs
06-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Its to bad when people don't realize what they had was great and working,(HS) to change to something of less value (HH) and expect their customers to pay more for it!! I think they call that shooting yourself in the foot!!

If anything, they should have added the farms to HS while keeping the stables for the HS horses close up, rather then to toss a great game for a not so great game! since none of my post seem to be going up on the forums, this probably won't either!

bhavenarabs
06-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Its to bad when people don't realize what they had was great and working,(HS) to change to something of less value (HH) and expect their customers to pay more for it!! I think they call that shooting yourself in the foot!!

If anything, they should have added the farms to HS while keeping the stables for the HS horses close up, rather then to toss a great game for a not so great game! since none of my post seem to be going up on the forums, this probably won't either!:confused:

bhavenarabs
06-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Well my suggestion would then be to go back to HS with the stalls, and different bread characteristic's, and add the farms with the competitions to build and compete with your HS stable horses where you breed then click on a button"go to farm" and "go to competition..When you said you were combining the two games, this is what many of us thought you might do and let us keep our HS horses we spent money on to breed while adding more to it!! Now THAT would be combining the 2 games!

bhavenarabs
06-14-2012, 01:25 AM
LOL, when i started it I thought it was a horse game instead it seems to be a land clearing/farming game!! I just finished my first time playing today, only cleared the weeds and trees that would be in walking path's (this was after 2 friends cleared some for me) collected my compost and guest houses. Now i collected my 2 hired hand houses for 10 XP, picked my carrots and managed to train up one foal to age 2. now done, still have weeds and to many horses. I will not worry about breeding several horses anymore, nor buying them. why would i buy pink if i can't sell a couple others to have time to do something with her? Will just try to keep one each of my 3 breeds so i can have some time to get them leveled up once i get rid of the rest, which will take time. I am still sitting on a new carrot patch for over a week now because I have no friends left that haven't already helped me, except 2 new ones whom seem not to understand the hire thing. I want to build the apple orchard but fear i might have to hire someone for that two. They should show on these things before buying if you will need to hire or not!!

naoto1
06-14-2012, 02:31 AM
So, I've tried being patient and waiting through new updates in order to get corrections on bugs or various things which make gameplay a hassle/frustrating. Guess what? Nothing's changed. People have been providing feedback and suggestions that, so far, seem to be going unnoticed. Sure, you say that you pass them on to the devs, and I believe you about that, UBI-cowhand, but the devs don't seem to care. Frankly, I say they change the things we ask them to or we stop playing. I've had enough of this, and I'm frankly very sad to even be thinking about quitting (I love the horses I have on here), but I'd rather not play than be constantly frustrated with something that is supposed to be fun. This game went from being amusing and fun to being downright annoying, and I'm really starting to think it's not going to change.

Please, please fix the things we ask you to rather than add little lights and bubbles which are just annoying or in the way!!

naoto1
06-14-2012, 09:26 PM
And as a follow-up on the frustration of first logging on, I took another screen shot (admittedly, slightly belatedly, I had already cleared three weeds and collected from my bakery and guest house) and added up the energy necessary to clear my ranch and collect everything.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4245587781185&set=a.1110022674017.2018625.1330350016&type=1&theater

And since I doubt that actually worked (didn't work last time, why should it now?), there were (not counting the above mentioned) 26 weeds, 9 trees, 9 mayflowers, 6 composts, 8 apple trees, 8 carrot patches, and 1 carrot field. That totals 76 total energy necessary, not including the 5 I'd already used. I only have a max energy of 25 (30 if I can get five from my stable hand hut). That's less than half the energy I need to get around to doing anything with my horses!! This needs to be fixed!!

UBI-Cowhand
06-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks again for the feedback. The dev team -does- care and listens. :)

Dionne-MarieK
06-15-2012, 07:37 PM
My thoughts exactly