PDA

View Full Version : Hosting on Hyperlobby

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 03:03 AM
I want to host naval coops on Hyperlobby. I seem to have it figured out, but nobody can get onto my server when I start it up. I've been told I have to have the Port at 21000 and turn off Windows XP firewall.

Are these necessary and how do I do it? As in Start>...

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 03:03 AM
I want to host naval coops on Hyperlobby. I seem to have it figured out, but nobody can get onto my server when I start it up. I've been told I have to have the Port at 21000 and turn off Windows XP firewall.

Are these necessary and how do I do it? As in Start>...

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 03:29 AM
First, go to your Network connections, right click on the connection you have. Click on properties, then click on the Advanced tab. There you should see an option to disable your fire wall.

Yes keep your port to 2100.

Also in the setup for FB, go to Network and make shure you are using your External IP.

Hope this helps.

Silent out...

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 04:22 AM
Thanks for your help. Just hosted my first naval coop mission.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 05:20 AM
Great, did you creat it your self?

I have finished two so far but they need to be tuned up a bit.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 11:50 PM
No, I downloaded it (and several others), but I have been working at the mission builder with the intent of making coop missions with naval action. It will be a few months at this rate and with the time available.

Some mission builders, in their pursuit of historical accuracy, make the approach a bit too long, and then you usually get smoked pretty quick, because it involves ships which can be quite accurate. Boring, then over. This can be managed by having the action happen in phases or waves, so that if you are not yet in the action, you can watch with Shift/Ctrl - F2. Then it's your turn to burn. It would also help gameplay if there was a friendly airport near the centre of the action, so that, if damaged, players could still have the satisfaction of landing a damaged aircraft. That's if they don't get taken out by an opponent while trying.

Good Luck. I'll play your missions on Hyperlobby if I see them